Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 7:37 PM

@vector16 so anything that gallery of guns has in stock shouldn't be much of a prob for turners to get then ?
Old 01-25-2013, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO.CALISHOOTER View Post
@vector16 that is a good point..@spetsnaz I would get them all if I had the money to spend all at once
We would all get them all if we could scrape up the money to make the purchase. It would be nice if we could go to AZ, have our DROS done and walk out the store with all of them. That is the joy of not living here, no waiting period ansd you can buy as many as you want at one time vs this lame law of one every 30 days
Old 01-25-2013, 7:59 PM

@vector16 aint that the truth, don't forget every 30 days plus 10 more days , prices are cheaper out there to aren't they
Old 01-25-2013, 8:35 PM

No its just every 30 days. They can only enter your name in the DOJ website for a HG every 30 days. The background check is done before you pay typically. then its just 864,000 second wating period.

No the guns are not cheaper from state to state. The price difference is in what you pay in taxes. Take TX for instance or NV there is no state tax so, her if you buy a $1K gun you will pay $90 in tax and there its just $1K. The DROS is pretty much the same nation wide also. Its jus there you pay per visit and here you pay per serial number. They do not register your guns in other states or at least most other states.

Just curious why you want to be an armed security guard? You have taken most of the classes whay don't you take the additional 2 and become a range officer or private security where there is some money to be made. Better yet if the law enforcment is your thing give the coast guard a try, fish and game is always looking for people and so is the forest service. If you do the CG, they are law enforcement and you would be a sheo in for the Police force or one of the other Fedral LE agencies.
Old 01-25-2013, 8:51 PM

Ive
Old 01-25-2013, 9:01 PM

I've thought about it but don't want to get to much ahead this is what u could call a introduction into it I'm hoping to get the needed experience being a armed security and then apply for a armor truck job I really want to get some experience first then really open up my network into maybe joining CHP
Old 01-25-2013, 9:08 PM

Quote:
I've thought about it but don't want to get to much ahead this is what u could call a introduction into it I'm hoping to get the needed experience being a armed security and then apply for a armor truck job I really want to get some experience first then really open up my network into maybe joining CHP
Just letting you know that its almost impossible to get on the force without lititary training. That would be your best option of all of the above if you ask me or any of the LEO's on this site. I think they all have been in the militray at one point or another. I said the CG because the do and are a part of law enforcement.
Old 01-25-2013, 9:41 PM

@vector16 I get you I would also need some time to get myself in shape before I would think of applying to any it's been a while since high school and gained a lil weight ha ha
Old 01-26-2013, 9:36 AM

Quote:
it's been a while since high school and gained a lil weight
WOW! 3 years. I graduated when you were were being born. Then I went from the graduation to recruiter, 1 week later I was in Ft. Knox, KY gettin my butt kicked in basic.
Old 01-26-2013, 7:49 PM

I know it don't seem much but after high school 2 weeks after graduation I started working in warehouses as a forklift driver and well as a forklift driver a person never really moves around much.. Dang man much respect for that, I have 3 friends of mine in listed In the is army I respect them alot for that .. One is stationed out in El Paso the other is in North Carolina finishing up .. The reason why I respect guys like you and my friends is for the sacrifices you guys make, going along time without seeing family but 1 or 2 a year.
Old 01-26-2013, 8:13 PM

Quote:
The reason why I respect guys like you and my friends is for the sacrifices you guys make, going along time without seeing family but 1 or 2 a year.
I was never deployed. I went in just after Desert Storm and was stationed at Ft. Kmox the same place I did my basic. It kind of sucked. At the time there was only 3 major Armor bases. One in Germany, Maine and KY. I got KY. You don't really miss family a whole lot. You miss the hot little POA you left at home. When you get to see her for the first time after basic, you damn near kill her. You aree in such good shape, You just Nail her till she can't take anymore and then do it 50 more times. Pardon my explanation to any women that read this.

You are able to see you family when you go on leave. Being a big boy though its not that big of a deal. you have othetr concerns that keep you plenty occupied. If you go the police academy its almost the same, they will put you into the best shape of your life.

I have just started looking at a couple of 1911s. I am really interested in the Kimber Custom II with the internal extractor, a Sig Sauer and possibly a Smith and Wesson. It skind of a tie between the Sig and the Kimber. They are both very high quality 1911s, more so than the Springfield or the S&W. I'll hope they have something available when I am ready to buy in a month.

Last edited by vector16; 01-26-2013 at 8:17 PM..
Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 PM

@Vector16Whether you were deployed or not got to give you your props for joining ha ha ha must of been locked in a room for a week with your lady.. Just from looks the kimber looks a little more appealing just my opinion I feel you I have about 2 months before I turn 21 to chose put if I'm not really sure yet ill still be waiting more but I do like why u said on one of your earlier post go in blind folded and see witch one fits me better ha ha but it's the truth it's what it comes down to witch feels better in my hand
Old 01-27-2013, 8:04 AM

Quote:
@Vector16Whether you were deployed or not got to give you your props for joining ha ha ha must of been locked in a room for a week with your lady.. Just from looks the kimber looks a little more appealing just my opinion I feel you I have about 2 months before I turn 21 to chose put if I'm not really sure yet ill still be waiting more but I do like why u said on one of your earlier post go in blind folded and see witch one fits me better ha ha but it's the truth it's what it comes down to witch feels better in my hand
They reason why I said that is becuase it is your first gun. If you buy a gun for looks or for the name, it may just turn you off to the whole thing. I have been aroiund the block a time or two. I have handled and shot more guns than most people will do in a lifetime. The 1911 is a special occasion where you do by the gun for its looks and not for the feel of the gun. there are so many manf'rs that make the icon and they are all almost indentical. You can buy parts for a 1911 and they will fit on any of them. the main variable on most 1911s is the front of the grip for the traction and the extractor, internal or extrenal. There is a debate on which is better. The Kimber had an external for the longe\st time and they had problems with it the have switched back to the internal extactor. While S&W and Springfield both use the external extractor and swear by it. They have never had a problem with them. There are only a couple of companies that make a 1911 frame and they sell them to the other manf'rs to use. These companies are Colt, S&W and Browning I think. They are the same companies that make the AR lower. There are so make things that make up how a 1911 looks and not to many how it feels. You can buy one and make it liik almost identiacl to the other with not much effort at all.
Old 01-30-2013, 5:42 PM

I'd say go with an SR40 SR9 or Glock

I'm picking up my SR40 tomorrow

I've shot the SR9 SR40 Glock 22 17 and 19

I like them all but there was something about the sr40 that felt better than all the rest
Old 01-30-2013, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetz View Post
I'd say go with an SR40 SR9 or Glock

I'm picking up my SR40 tomorrow

I've shot the SR9 SR40 Glock 22 17 and 19

I like them all but there was something about the sr40 that felt better than all the rest
Was it the price?
Old 02-09-2013, 5:35 PM

Don't mean to bother but been looking around forums over the sigma and read a couple different post by people saying the sigma was discontinued and others saying it was replaced by the SD's????
Old 02-09-2013, 6:05 PM

It does appear that the Sigma is no more. I am sure some dealer still carry it but sites like http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/a...6r6urf735e5cj6 are all out. The SD is basically the same pistol as the Sigma except for it has a better trigger (8 lbs) and a different slide and standard rail. Its $379 on the S&W web site so you should be able to pick one up at tuners for $329 to $350. Its the same gun. I would have to look at the sear assembly to tell you if I could make the trigger even lighter.
Old 02-09-2013, 6:19 PM

Thanks I appreciate I was looking forward to a sigma.. Iam subscribed to turners mailing list and I have yet to see a SD on one of there weekly ads
Old 02-09-2013, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks I appreciate I was looking forward to a sigma.. Iam subscribed to turners mailing list and I have yet to see a SD on one of there weekly ads
Any kind of gun is going to be hard to come by at this point. You need to go into turners and ask them if you can put down a deposit and see how long it will take until they can get one in. Typically its 2-8 weeks and by that time semi autos will be illegal to have in the state.
I have seen them on the ads but its been almost a year.
Old 02-09-2013, 7:00 PM

Semi-autos illegal?? Is that on Frankenstein's bill ?? I will probably just end up getting a ruger p95 my number 2 choice
Old 02-09-2013, 7:52 PM

No that is not DiFi's bill. That is courtesy ofhttp://sd06.senate.ca.gov/ the CA state (D) senators. Check it out, its most disturbing.

What ever you are going to get I would just go get it ASAP before this crap takes effect.
Old 02-09-2013, 8:33 PM

Damn that's just crapping all over are 2nd amendment rights .. What's next looking at a firearm
Old 02-09-2013, 10:09 PM

Yes. and as I said just go get something before the Dems have their way. At least you will get something. I am probably going to get an Armscore 1911 because the rest of them will only be able to be ordered and may take 8 weeks to get in. The Armscore 1911s are available not for $400 +/-
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 PM

I have a p95 and have no complaints so far. One of the best value buys out there.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 PM

Buy the Glock 22. Then when you have the money buy a 9mm barrel and some Glock 17 mags. Or you could go with a .357sig barrel and you can use the your original Glock 22 mags to fire .357sig. It's easy to swap out barrels, it only takes a few seconds, anyone can do it. It's all about having options especially when ammo is in short supply.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:38 AM

Just buy 1 or 2 of each glock on the market, a couple of eache model from each generation, that is what the Glock owners are going to tell you in the end anyway.
Old 02-10-2013, 1:03 PM
Veteran Member

I have a P95, I like it. But I like my M&P and XD more...

Hard to beat the p95 for the price though. You really need to shoot as many different guns as possible first. There may be something out there you haven't considered, but will favor after shooting it.

FYI- I've shot lots of different guns, including Glocks. I don't own any Glocks. Catch my drift...
Old 02-10-2013, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmandan View Post
FYI- I've shot lots of different guns, including Glocks. I don't own any Glocks. Catch my drift...
You don't know quality if it bit you on the *****? lol
Old 02-10-2013, 8:01 PM

If you are on a budget like me (security guard also) get the p95 just stay away from .45s most company wont let you carry them...........
Old 02-10-2013, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATROL1 View Post
If you are on a budget like me (security guard also) get the p95 just stay away from .45s most company wont let you carry them...........
Ya a 45 is too much, stick with the 10mm, that will get some attention, LOL

As we previously said, Go to the shop and see what they have. Based on what you've learned from this post you ought to have a pretty good idea. The SD is a good gun, so is the p95 and the SR40. The Glock 17 is a good gun too esspecailly fior a start up pistol. The rounds for it, at least when the prices go back down are the cheapest you are going to find. At Wally Wrold they are under $10 for Tula and $11 for Federal. Buying rounds for anything now is going to be twice what they were 2 months ago. 9mm, .40 and 45 are very haed to come by atr the moment. a .380 is something that you can buy rounds for because people generally stay away from the because they are expensive to shoot and they really don't have the stopping power of the other cals. even the 22,25,32s are difficult to find at this moment in time. I would justy go see what they have or on the Clssifieds on this forum or on other forums. You may have better luck with a variety with used guns, you just won't have the warranty unless you buy a Hi-Point.
Old 02-10-2013, 8:39 PM

I dont have any experience with the sigma, I have a P95, and I don't like Glock ergonomics.

Ive had my P95 for a few years, its been great. It eats any ammo I feed it and is solid as a rock. The only time I had an issue with my ruger was new out of the box. I tried firing new right out of the box and it was a little too greasy, it would stove pipe every few rounds. After the 1st cleaning it has functioned flawlessly.

One thing about the ruger is the de cocker, I liked to carry it with a round in the chamber but the hammer down.

Right now my favorite handgun is my M&P 45, I put a fiber optic front sight on it and its a blast to shoot.

My advice to you is to save up a little more and get the gun you want + extra mags/ammo and a handgun safe.
Old 02-10-2013, 9:02 PM

Thanks for all the feedback guys
Old 02-11-2013, 6:52 AM

Why do you need a handgun safe?
Old 02-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Banned

The three people I know that bought Sigmas sold them off as soon as they could and spent a little more money on their next guns.

Sigmas function fine and will go boom every time the trigger is pulled but....oooooh what a trigger pull it is.

I handled all three guns and they all had pretty horrendous triggers.