Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2016, 8:10 AM
CGSSA Associate

Default A Girl and a Gun - Burbank Chapter

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the start up and then dead silence. I got pregnant so had to take a shooting break! Well, now the baby (9 months!) is big enough I can leave him with dad and get back to business.

I am having monthly chapter meetings at The Firing Line in Burbank. They are being really great to us!

Come out and play on the first Wednesday of every month, from 6pm to about 7:30pm, and, when we're done, we've been heading off to dinner somewhere close.

I've been providing ladies with the monthly "theme" targets (so far we've had April showers and May flowers!) and instruction if needed. We usually have at least two NRA Certified instructors on hand to help, and we all bring several firearms for you to try and see what fits best.

The next meeting is July 6 and we'd love to see you there! Starting in either July or August, I'm also going to start running the quarterly matches for A Girl and a Gun at our monthly meeting, and if you participate you'll be eligible for some pretty cool prizes!

Here is a link to our Facebook Page:
Burbank AGAG

More info on AGAG:
A Girl & A Gun Women’s Shooting League is a ladies-only organization established by women shooters for women shooters for pistol, rifle, and shotgun sports! The league is designed to take beginners to whatever skill level they wish to achieve and provide experienced shooters with more opportunities. The objective of some is to improve their skill levels for target and/or competitive shooting. Others, while wanting to improve their skills, also are interested in the aspects of self-defense.

AGAG Website

Also - it's "Ladies Only" - sorry guys - I'm allowing a few Certified Instructors in to help when they have time, but, other than that, we can't have guys hanging around. Sorry!

A Girl & A Gun Women's Shooting League - Burbank Chapter
Old 06-03-2016, 12:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hi...do you girls host any meetups or classes on the weekends?...

My gf wants to attend another class or a girls only shoot since most CGN monthly shoots are guys night out...
Old 06-06-2016, 10:58 AM
CGSSA Associate

We can sure try!

I also usually teach/volunteer at the CGSSA Women on Target classes at Burro Canyon

Definitely have her check those out. Also, the CalGuns meetup at The Firing Line in Burbank, on the third Friday, typically has a female component. If I know more women are coming, I'll make more of an effort to show up. It's a really fun group!

Old 06-07-2016, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerlemony View Post
We can sure try!

I also usually teach/volunteer at the CGSSA Women on Target classes at Burro Canyon

Definitely have her check those out. Also, the CalGuns meetup at The Firing Line in Burbank, on the third Friday, typically has a female component. If I know more women are coming, I'll make more of an effort to show up. It's a really fun group!
My Wife and I are completely new to firearms and she especially excited about the whole thing, she already requested/demanded that I reserve a private range at Burro on her Bday!

I was linked this topic from the welcome thread, we have been to Burro once, do you know how often those classes at Burro happen?

Actually I just did a little more searching on the site! Gonna get her all signed up!

Last edited by Memphys; 06-07-2016 at 4:00 PM.. Reason: Found the Calendar!
Old 07-06-2016, 3:50 PM

Dang it... thought it was tommorrow. Gear, girls, and wife are at home.
Old 08-03-2016, 8:07 AM
CGSSA Associate

Tonight's the night!

Hope to see you ladies there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/2733...70237799569711

Old 10-27-2016, 5:06 AM

Burbank Ammo and Guns is looking for a female salesperson to work at the new and exciting retail store in Burbank. Please let me know of any good candidates.

Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2016, 3:44 PM
CGSSA Associate

Ladies!!

We're doing the second Wednesday this month, 6pm at Wood Ranch in Burbank. No shooting, I have an activity for you (but shooting related!!)

Originally our founder was going to visit us, but she had to cancel her trip. We'll still have a good time though! Come see us!