Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 06-02-2016, 9:18 AM

I have one. Part of our training was doing a week in the CSB. One of the things that the folk like to do with the new people was to play a game of name that perp. They would show pictures of arrestees and you would guess what crime they committed. They show us a picture of a 43 year old BMA that lived with his mother in a very rough part of town. His crime? breaking into his neighbors chicken coop and killing the chickens by using them as pleasuring devices. When we were told this, one of my coworker gets all sad, bowing down his head and says, "Can you imagine what his Mom must of thought?" I responded she was probably yelling at him, "Leroy, I told you to PLUCK the chickens!!!"

Robert A. Heinlein

NRA Life Member
Old 06-02-2016, 4:53 PM

I have three stories from this same place, but I’ll save the one about a feral cat and the other about ringing the Marine assembly bell at the navy base for some other forum as it's not an LEO story.

In 1968 I was stationed in Guam at Anderson AFB as a Base Policeman. I was working the night shift on the back gate and about 3am, when absolutely nothing is going on, I hear soft noise behind me and turn around to find a very, very robust lady in a ‘shorty negligee’ and nothing else. Giggling and really hammered. She wants to get into my gate shack and “have some fun” as she called it. I’m trying to figure out how to handle this (I was just a rookie cop), while telling her she needed to go home, just as I see our area patrol coming down the hill.

She dives into the gate shack door to hide and I promptly jump OUT of the gate shack ! I’m standing there with this stupid as hell look on my face as the two patrolmen in the car pull up to me. The patrol sergeant, a skinny beak nosed guy from Alabama, asked me how it’s going? I say, “fine” while I trying to decide what to do about this chubby semi naked lady in my gate shack! He looks at the darkened gate shack window and says “ Do you two want me to get you some coffee or someum?” just as his partner starts cracking up. I then knew I’d been setup and had…

Last edited by scadvice; 06-02-2016 at 4:59 PM..
Old 06-02-2016, 8:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_rider View Post
I would have bought you In n Out for that one.... nice
Thanks, we should find humor in life because some days is really tough
Old 06-12-2016, 6:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I've got a couple...I'm not a LEO but my older (4 years) brother was a Riverside Co Sheriff for 25 years.

I had a 89 Mustang Convertible....I built a 347ci with a Vortech R Trim and TFS heads. This was back in about 94 and this was pretty state of the art and cutting edge. Made about 450 hp at the wheels. Well, I was out at with my brother all day dropped him off at his house...the neighbor walked up and as I left they were standing in the drive way. As we're all lifelong hotrodders, I pulled down the street about 100 yards and turned left....another 100 yards to the big street and as I sat there I though, "I'll give em something to talk about" so I pulled out....straightened out and at about 5mph did a massive rolling burnout.
1st gear....tached it out....hit 2nd and she went pretty sideways....held it and counter steered till I straightened it our and then let off....whole thing lasted about 6 or 7 seconds and I hit about 25mph and made a CLOUD of smoke. Well, as I shift into 3rd and start to putt away...the VERY next house has two black & whites parked in front of it.

Oh crap....It's after dusk and I can't see in them, but I'm hoping they're inside the house!

Well, wouldn't you know...as SOON as I passed them...BAM, the red & blues came on and the one whipped a U turn and pulled me over.

He walked up and me and said something to the effect of "how you doing?"

I said "I just left the house of a friend of yours"....

He said who would that be and I told him my brothers name....he squinted and looked at me closer...must have seen the resemblance cause then he laughed and said "slow down and tell Dave, Jerry says hi" and turned and walked back to his patrol car.

Another time....in another mustang (2006) ....I was on the first or second date with my 2 nd wife....came around a corner and let the rear end hang out a bit and rode it out....straighened out and went on my way...
Again, red & blues turn on right behind me.

He pulls me over and we start the conversation...He looks into the car at the both of us (mid 30's) and asks "WHAT are you doing?" I responded with, "trying to impress my date"
Of course he leans into the car and looks at here and dead pans....."Well, are you impressed?"

NO! She says.....he laughed.

About this time I ask, "Does it make any difference if I tell you my brother is a LEO?"

Well, that was of interest....he asked about my brother and pulled out his card...he went back to his patrol car and came back a few minutes later...gave me a lecture on how expensive the ticket would be and to stop screwing around...he DID mention how nicely the car drifted tho...lol.

Then he kicked me loose. I started to drive my date back to her place and we'd gone a couple blocks when my cell phone rang....

What??

It's my BROTHER. I answered and he's laughing and like "Dude, what the hell?, you did a four wheel drift in front of a OC sheriff?????"

I was pretty embarrassed at this point....good thing my brother and I are cut from the same cloth....

I couldn't believe he called my BROTHER!!

Too funny!

I've got a few more of getting pulled over with him in the car with me...I'll save those for another time.
Old 06-24-2016, 2:40 PM

While on patrol at approx. 0100 hrs., I saw an adult male walking at a rapid pace on the sidewalk. His arms were swinging forward and back in an exaggerated motion and his head was on a swivel. He spotted our car as we pulled up behind him and, plain as day, he tossed a small zip-lock baggie full of rock cocaine on the sidewalk and continued walking.

After detaining the individual and retrieving the baggie we placed the suspect under arrest. My trainee handcuffed him and begins to search him incident to arrest. After searching his waistband, my trainee starts to search the suspect's crotch area when he thought he found some more contraband.

As my trainee grasped at something in the suspect's crotch, my senses were on high alert and my hand was firmly on the grip of my Beretta, although it remained holstered at that point.

Here's the verbal exchange -

Trainee: "What's this???!!!"

Suspect: "Um, that's my penis, sir..."

Trainee: "Oh, sorry."

Suspect: "No problem."

Hahaha! We had a good laugh about that for a while.

KMA-628 RETIRED
U.S. Army Veteran
Calif. POST-certified Firearms Instructor
Southwestern Law School Alumni

Last edited by 417atty; 06-24-2016 at 3:30 PM..
Old 06-24-2016, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417atty View Post
While on patrol at approx. 0100 hrs., I saw an adult male walking at a rapid pace on the sidewalk. His arms were swinging forward and back in an exaggerated motion and his head was on a swivel. He spotted our car as we pulled up behind him and, plain as day, he tossed a small zip-lock baggie full of rock cocaine on the sidewalk and continued walking.

After detaining the individual and retrieving the baggie we placed the suspect under arrest. My trainee handcuffed him and begins to search him incident to arrest. After searching his waistband, my trainee starts to search the suspect's crotch area when he thought he found some more contraband.

As my trainee grasped at something in the suspect's crotch, my senses were on high alert and my hand was firmly on the grip of my Beretta, although it remained holstered at that point.

Here's the verbal exchange -

Trainee: "What's this???!!!"

Suspect: "Um, that's my penis, sir..."

Trainee: "Oh, sorry."

Suspect: "No problem."

Hahaha! We had a good laugh about that for a while.
Now that was funny!
Old 06-24-2016, 6:19 PM

Apparently that's happened to so many LEO's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAepItFDXc4

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dy-search.html
Old 06-25-2016, 3:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyzian View Post
Apparently that's happened to so many LEO's.
Yeah; that's not the first story I have heard like that..
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.
Old 06-25-2016, 3:12 AM
Calguns Addict

My home town. We had two local hero cops Ed, and Tom who took it upon themselves to help teens stay out of trouble. They created a football team and using thier own funds kept this team running for many years.
The last few seasons were getting rough in the win column and the work out sessions were getting hard for these men as they tried to lead the boys thru the paces. Ed who was quite the drop kick expert in his day had lost some of his prowess. He started falling on his ***** frequently and on other places which amused the boys endlessly.
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 06-25-2016, 4:05 AM
Calguns Addict

A county mountie stopped me for rolling a stop sign. It wasn't even just a roll, it was a look left on a country road, hammer down, wheels sliding, blow through the stop sign. Then I noticed the white Ford sedan with a lightbar.
I was in the reserves at the time, coming home from drill. The deputy looks at my uniform, asks me for ID, then notices my gear in the back of the truck, then starts playing with it. "This is cool, Kevlar?" "Where's your KBar?" "Do you have an M16?" Etc.
He never wrote me a ticket, thanked me, and said to slow down.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

A few years ago a cop comes to me and tells me a local hospital was burged at night, bunch of computers taken. Cop has a laptop and shows me the security footage of the perp walking across a parking lot. The footage is horrible!! Like film something at night with no light and smudge dirt all over a lens. There is no way anyone is going to get ID'd from this footage.

The cop asks me if I think it is a guy I've arrested a bunch of times before, Mike L_____. I tell the cop there's no way I could say who that suspect is in the video. Same cop goes to like 10 other cops, asks everybody if it's Mike. Everybody says, you can't tell, footage is awful, nothing to be done. I see Mike hitchhiking and tell him Officer Blank is looking for him, transport him to that agency to be interviewed.

We get there, Mike immediately says "I know this is about the hospital break in, I had nothing to do with it". Officer Blank shows him said worlds worst video footage and Mike just says: "Holy ****, that is me. Guess I must've been hella drunk."
Old 08-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv View Post
My wife was driving home with our two small children several years ago, they were both hungry and making a fuss.
She was going too fast trying to get home quickly and got pulled over.

As soon as the officer came to the window my 4 year old started singing "Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do" from the TV show.

The officer tried to keep a straight face and could not.
He let my wife go after telling her to slow down.
Not sure how I missed this. A looong time ago our 4 year old did the same thing, except it was triggered when she looked out our minivan window and saw a gray/primered old chevy, with two methy looking white guys in it, with wife-beaters on.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:52 PM

It's 105° one Temecula summer in like 2009. I just got done chasing down someone in a car, they foot bail, I'm charging after them streams of sweat just POURING off my head... I catch him, tackle, cuff... Tell the dude, it's 105°, why in the name of all that is holy did you run?

"Because sir, I can not fly."

Snot came out of my nose.
Old 08-11-2016, 2:37 PM

I dont know if they still do but the Ford Crown Vic keys used to be all universal for LEO units from the factory.. we , the SO, would goto the same Denny's as Fontana PD... one night we moved all 4 of their units from the front to the back... we watched from afar,, you shoulda seen them in action.. keystone cops... all 4 guys running all over the place... a few on their HT's.. one guy finally saw them on the other side. Good times...
Old 08-11-2016, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwalker99 View Post
I dont know if they still do but the Ford Crown Vic keys used to be all universal for LEO units from the factory.. we , the SO, would goto the same Denny's as Fontana PD... one night we moved all 4 of their units from the front to the back... we watched from afar,, you shoulda seen them in action.. keystone cops... all 4 guys running all over the place... a few on their HT's.. one guy finally saw them on the other side. Good times...
That is awesome. Our crown vics have to be the same model year I think.
Old 08-11-2016, 6:28 PM

One night my partner and I had to watch one of our probationers at a hospital, easy money. We park our plain white crown vic and went inside for the overnight shift. We come out in the morning and see that our car is gone. We go inside and ask the sheriff deputies if they know anything, they dont. We're freaking out a little at this point. Local PD was in route to take a report. One of the deputies came out and told us that their LT had took it by mistake. I guess he mixed them up because ours was brand new and as clean as his was. We would of never heard the end of it if we got a car stolen on our watch, it was nerve racking for those 30 min. or so.
Old 08-11-2016, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che762x39 View Post
I am working graveyard shift and responded to a traffic collision involving a unpopular female sergeant coming to work.

Communications asked for a update and I answered, "no injuries but her broom is a total loss!" Total silence, later I was told that all dispatchers were ROFLMAO on that one.
Hahahaha that's awesome!
Old 08-13-2016, 6:25 AM

Not law enforcement here either.

But my dad tells a story of when he was younger. He's in his 60's now. Wasn't quite the model citizen when he was younger.

Anyways just as he turned 18 he was hot rodding around town. Saw a police officer and knew that he couldn't have any more run in's with the law. So he punches it and tries to outrun the cop. Gets all the way to his parent's house without the cop anywhere in sight. Opens the gate to the backyard and pulls his car in. Quickly gets out to close the gate, but before doing so the cop casually pulls in behind him.

Apparently hard to outrun a cop that knows where you live!

The cop ended up letting him go without even a ticket - my dad had just enlisted in the military and was told no more law enforcement run in's. Upon hearing this the cop decided it was worth it just to get rid of my dad!

He ended up becoming an MP.
Old 08-14-2016, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboChrisB View Post
I've got a couple...I'm not a LEO but my older (4 years) brother was a Riverside Co Sheriff for 25 years.

I had a 89 Mustang Convertible....I built a 347ci with a Vortech R Trim and TFS heads. This was back in about 94 and this was pretty state of the art and cutting edge. Made about 450 hp at the wheels. Well, I was out at with my brother all day dropped him off at his house...the neighbor walked up and as I left they were standing in the drive way. As we're all lifelong hotrodders, I pulled down the street about 100 yards and turned left....another 100 yards to the big street and as I sat there I though, "I'll give em something to talk about" so I pulled out....straightened out and at about 5mph did a massive rolling burnout.
1st gear....tached it out....hit 2nd and she went pretty sideways....held it and counter steered till I straightened it our and then let off....whole thing lasted about 6 or 7 seconds and I hit about 25mph and made a CLOUD of smoke. Well, as I shift into 3rd and start to putt away...the VERY next house has two black & whites parked in front of it.

Oh crap....It's after dusk and I can't see in them, but I'm hoping they're inside the house!

Well, wouldn't you know...as SOON as I passed them...BAM, the red & blues came on and the one whipped a U turn and pulled me over.

He walked up and me and said something to the effect of "how you doing?"

I said "I just left the house of a friend of yours"....

He said who would that be and I told him my brothers name....he squinted and looked at me closer...must have seen the resemblance cause then he laughed and said "slow down and tell Dave, Jerry says hi" and turned and walked back to his patrol car.

Another time....in another mustang (2006) ....I was on the first or second date with my 2 nd wife....came around a corner and let the rear end hang out a bit and rode it out....straighened out and went on my way...
Again, red & blues turn on right behind me.

He pulls me over and we start the conversation...He looks into the car at the both of us (mid 30's) and asks "WHAT are you doing?" I responded with, "trying to impress my date"
Of course he leans into the car and looks at here and dead pans....."Well, are you impressed?"

NO! She says.....he laughed.

About this time I ask, "Does it make Tany difference if I tell you my brother is a LEO?"

Well, that was of interest....he asked about my brother and pulled out his card...he went back to his patrol car and came back a few minutes later...gave me a lecture on how expensive the ticket would be and to stop screwing around...he DID mention how nicely the car drifted tho...lol.

Then he kicked me loose. I started to drive my date back to her place and we'd gone a couple blocks when my cell phone rang....

What??

It's my BROTHER. I answered and he's laughing and like "Dude, what the hell?, you did a four wheel drift in front of a OC sheriff?????"

I was pretty embarrassed at this point....good thing my brother and I are cut from the same cloth....

I couldn't believe he called my BROTHER!!

Too funny!

I've got a few more of getting pulled over with him in the car with me...I'll save those for another time.
First thing I usually do is call the person when ppl name drop. Sometimes I'll call before I kick them loose.
Old 12-15-2018, 1:14 PM
RSG Minion, Senior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Necrobump to see if there are any new stories.