Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Burbank Rifle and Revolver Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 3:15 PM

Default BRRC December Tactical Challenge AAR

Date; 12/21/13

Time ; 0730

Cost; member $12, non member $20, active MIL free

Place; BRRC Castaic Range www.brrc.org

Ammunition requirement; 50 rounds rifle

This will be a hike in match, we will be firing from the hilltop at our canyon's rim, you will need to carry everything you'll need for the day, we will be shooting steel from various angles and unknown distances out to about 800 yards, if you attended last year you know what a blast this match was, if not, here's a link to a photo album from last year https://www.facebook.com/gary.eliseo...7565322&type=1
limited space, please contact me if you wish to sign up!
tacticalchallenge@brrc.org

Best

Gary Eliseo

Last edited by gme; 12-22-2013 at 2:09 PM..
Old 12-22-2013, 2:13 PM

17 shooters took part in the last match of the year, the weather was perfect, sunny, cool and light wind, the December match is my personal favorite, it's special because we hike to the hilltop on our canyon rim and fire on steel targets at unknown distances from about 75 to about 800 yards at angles as steep as 40 degrees from various improvised positions, it's a true riflemans match testing the individual shooters abilities and knowledge of his equipment in real field shooting conditions. The objective of the Tactical Challenge matches is not only to test the shooters skills but to provide an opportunity for the dedicated rifleman to sharpen them. To that end I hope everyone went home with more knowledge than they came with.

The match was divided into four stages, stage 1 had several "cleans" (we count only misses so a perfect score would be a zero) Gravitt, LaFevers, Hokama, Song, Thomas and Berg all fired "zero" misses, stage two was a little tougher, with only Tardif and Teissedre firing "zeros" stage three was tougher still with Manansala, Thomas and Santiago the top shooters all firing a score of 3 misses, and stage four was led by Gravitt, Thomas and Teissedre firing a score of 2.

Thomas - 8 gold
Gravitt - 9 silver
Teissedre - 10 bronze
Manansala - 12
Tardif - 12
Villegas - 14
Fortner - 16
La Fevers - 16
Chronister - 17
Song - 18
Hokama - 19
Zamora - 21
Cotton - 22
Berg - 26
Santiago - 27
Christopher - 35

My thanks to those who help with setting up, breaking down and running the match and to the shooters who support the events, the next match is scheduled for March 22, 2014 it will also be a field shooting match but will be vey different from the December event, hope to see you there
Best regards Gary Eliseo