Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 03-08-2013, 3:58 PM

Default Sacramento County:***UPDATE*** CCW application approved! :D

***UPDATE*** Just got an email from Amber saying she re-sent it! AND I WAS APPROVED!!!

Thanks for the help guys!

I went to my first appointment on the 24th of January... Well, As of yesterday, it's been past the 4-6 week mark. No email or letter in the mail, and I've been watching. They told me I would have to wait probably 4 weeks, but no more than 6. My brother, who went to his first appointment a little over a week after I did, got his approval letter. He does already have his pistol, and I'm still saving for mine, but I was told that not having my pistol yet wouldn't prevent my application from going through at this point. The interview went well, and I can't really think of any other reason for delay, but I'm getting a little concerned... Has anyone ever had their application lost before? I would hate to have to wait another 6-8 months to restart the process...

Any information or incite appreciated. Also, I can't find the contact information to call anyone at Sacramento County Sheriff who might have information.

Thanks guys.
"I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns." -Unknown (possibly Tim Moen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allhailflintlocks View Post
Gun owners need to be the new illegals - undocumented firearm possessors if you will.
Legislator "logic":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezrat View Post
Before long, the Feds via A.D.A. will probably require manufacturers to include Braille markings to accommodate blind shooters.....

Last edited by Exdc; 03-15-2013 at 3:12 PM.. Reason: Correcting my ignorance
Old 03-08-2013, 4:07 PM

Send Amber an email to inquire about whats going on, also understand that their dept is slammed and are stretched thin, thats why they have retired officers doing the interviews.

CCW@SACSHERIFF.COM
Old 03-08-2013, 4:09 PM

Thanks. I didn't know that the officer who interviewed me was retired. I will definitely send an email to that address. What sort of information should I give Amber to verify my identity?
"I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns." -Unknown (possibly Tim Moen)
Quote:
Gun owners need to be the new illegals - undocumented firearm possessors if you will.
Legislator "logic":
Quote:
Before long, the Feds via A.D.A. will probably require manufacturers to include Braille markings to accommodate blind shooters.....
Old 03-08-2013, 4:28 PM

pm sent

Also I think there are 1 or 2 active sheriffs doing interviews, but when I had mine they were the retired guys.

Last edited by DLEONARD13; 03-08-2013 at 4:33 PM..
Old 03-09-2013, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLEONARD13 View Post
Send Amber an email to inquire about whats going on, also understand that their dept is slammed and are stretched thin, thats why they have retired officers doing the interviews.

CCW@SACSHERIFF.COM
Sorry, I have no pity at all for the SO. They could very easily make this much less painless for all by eliminating everything not required by PC. 90% of their process is as much window dressing as TSA airport "security."

Allow walk up's. Take fingerprints and training cert on the spot. Take electronic OK of DoJ approval and send permit. Done and over in 1 trip to SO and get on with life.
Old 03-10-2013, 8:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb7706 View Post
Sorry, I have no pity at all for the SO. They could very easily make this much less painless for all by eliminating everything not required by PC.
I do agree with you there, I think it's a money grab, $20 filing fee, $120 live scan, $80 issuance. $220 just exercise a right, oh don't forget the training add another $110-$300. (Don't get me wrong there I think everyone benefits from training doesn't matter at what level you are at.)

Hopefully their processes will get streamlined in the future, CGF has gotten us this far, the bottom line is that progress has been made.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdc View Post
Any information or incite appreciated. Also, I can't find the contact information to call anyone at Sac PD who might have information.
Thanks guys.
Just to clarify, you are dealing with Sac County Sheriff, not Sac PD.
Include DL number in communications with Amber.

JR
Old 03-09-2013, 11:56 AM

Thanks for the clarification, I recently learned of the difference and often forget :P
Quote:
Legislator "logic":
Quote:
Old 03-15-2013, 3:04 PM

So I just got an email from Amber, notifying me that I supposedly was sent an email on the 27th of February... I checked both my spam and my inbox, trash, and everywhere else... Never got an email... Now what?
Quote:
Legislator "logic":
Quote:
Old 03-15-2013, 3:22 PM

Congrats!
Old 03-15-2013, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdc View Post
So I just got an email from Amber, notifying me that I supposedly was sent an email on the 27th of February... I checked both my spam and my inbox, trash, and everywhere else... Never got an email... Now what?
Maybe email her back ...
Old 03-15-2013, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedM333 View Post
Congrats!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becxltoo984 View Post
Maybe email her back ...
See update (: And I did email her back. I just expected her to take longer to get back to me.
Quote:
Legislator "logic":
Quote:
Old 03-15-2013, 4:44 PM

Congrats. Once your permit is in hand it's a great feeling. Have you done your training yet or figured out where you're going to take it?
Old 03-15-2013, 4:55 PM

I have a few ideas. Nothing official yet. Gotta get money to do it first. (:
Quote:
Legislator "logic":
Quote: