Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 07-04-2016, 3:28 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default A Message From CalGuns Staff

It has long been the policy here on CGN not to allow any advocating of illegal activity and to remove any admission of a crime. In light of recent events there has been an onslaught of posts doing just that. The staff has been discussing how to handle these posts and have left most of them alone. We understand the anguish and hurt that most of you are feeling right now and we are having the same feelings and struggling with the same decisions that each of you are having to face. We may have reached a crossroads where it is time to have some of these discussions even in the open. There may come a time where the site leadership decides not to allow the discussion of illegal activity but for the time being please consider the following:

Calguns.net is monitored by law enforcement including the California DOJ, local agencies, and the Feds. We know this without a doubt and have even been subpoenaed for records before in criminal investigations.

Everything you post on CGN is public and visible to anyone that visits the site.

Professing intent to break the law could potentially be used as PC for searches later on and subject yourself to attention/investigation by law enforcement.

If you decide to make posts advocating illegal activity or expressing the intent to commit crimes, know that you do so at your own risk. CGN will respond to subpoena as we always have by deferring to our legal counsel's opinion on whether we have to comply or not however we will not deliberately try to hide illegal activity. Further more, threats, even vague or hinted at, of violence have never and will never be acceptable. Any such conduct will be dealt with as deemed appropriate by CGN staff. Remember, once it's online, it's there for ever. If you post it, it'll be available for *everyone* forever.

We all have important decisions to make in the next few months. Make sure that you make them from an informed and well thought out position. Also remember these decisions can potentially have a significant impact on others in your lives'. Make sure you include those people in your decision.

Old 07-05-2016, 7:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I've always found it best to keep most of my "opinions" to myself. I understand everyone's frustration and have seen more than just a few people move because of it. I'm next when the wife retires.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:38 AM
Still in The Game
CGN Contributor

Keep your intentions private. Go dark side if needed.
Old 08-07-2016, 8:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Say no to posers & wannabes.
Old 08-07-2016, 8:26 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKMadness View Post
Speak softly and carry a big stick.
....Hmmmmm, I'm sorry, did somebody mention my name?

~Pope John Paul II
Old 08-07-2016, 8:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Only my wife knows my intentions.

Old 08-07-2016, 8:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertjosh View Post
Only my wife knows my intentions.
....and now you've implicated her.

~Pope John Paul II
Old 08-07-2016, 8:44 AM