Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:31 AM

where, pray tell, do these legislators come from?

i am a legend in my own mind...

we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

"The second amendment ain't about your deer rifle..."
Old 08-19-2013, 2:53 PM

Well, it will be interesting to see what happens with people who own full size Glocks,HK,Beretta, Springfield, etc handguns that original equipment STANDARD CAPACITY mags were 14-17 rounds- go shooting with 10 rounders.... it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a single stack mag for these that will allow insertion and removal into the gun...... but that is what 'they' want.....

I have no 'hicap' magazines, I only own 'STANDARD CAPACITY magazines, IE what the guns were MADE TO USE AS MANUFACTURED.... Some POS DOUCHEBAG deciding how more than 10 makes a 'hicap' is the problem....... now it could be argued that a 100 round drum, 50 round stick,etc that is NOT std cap 'could be' a 'hicap' because it is , in most cases , more than what was originally designed for the firearm....... The law, if nothing, needs to be changed to 'anything OVER the STD CAPACITY DESIGNED for a firearm is a hicap.....'..... it would at least mean FACTORY MAGAZINES OR REPLACEMENTS would be legal........

I mean, What is a person to do, chop the grip of a G22 to the length of a 30,26,etc mini glock???

There is so much F****CKING SUCK here it is mind boggling........

'I have so many good karma points I am approaching Saint Hood'

"They tell you of a laundry detergent that takes out bloodstains- I'm thinking that if you have clothes covered in bloodstains-maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem"

[SIGPIC]http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic27069_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 08-19-2013, 3:29 PM
1911 & AR-15 fan
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledReaper View Post
Well, it will be interesting to see what happens with people who own full size Glocks,HK,Beretta, Springfield, etc handguns that original equipment STANDARD CAPACITY mags were 14-17 rounds- go shooting with 10 rounders.... it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a single stack mag for these that will allow insertion and removal into the gun...... but that is what 'they' want.....

I have no 'hicap' magazines, I only own 'STANDARD CAPACITY magazines, IE what the guns were MADE TO USE AS MANUFACTURED.... Some POS DOUCHEBAG deciding how more than 10 makes a 'hicap' is the problem....... now it could be argued that a 100 round drum, 50 round stick,etc that is NOT std cap 'could be' a 'hicap' because it is , in most cases , more than what was originally designed for the firearm....... The law, if nothing, needs to be changed to 'anything OVER the STD CAPACITY DESIGNED for a firearm is a hicap.....'..... it would at least mean FACTORY MAGAZINES OR REPLACEMENTS would be legal........

I mean, What is a person to do, chop the grip of a G22 to the length of a 30,26,etc mini glock???

There is so much F****CKING SUCK here it is mind boggling........

As a friend kept reminding me when dealing with an Ex, "You are assuming you're dealing with a rational, logical person. There's no explaining crazy."

Liberalism is a disease
Old 08-19-2013, 3:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It's called illegal taking.
Old 08-19-2013, 3:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donw View Post
where, pray tell, do these legislators come from?
it's not where they come it's the idiotic voters who vote them in.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 08-19-2013, 5:53 PM
Calguns Addict

I have been a shooter for over 30 years and a cop for 20 + years. To my knowledge standart magazine for Beretta 92 is 15 (some recent ones are 17) rounds. AR15 is 20/30 rounds. Glock 17 is 17rds. etc. Who came up with the idea that anything over 10 rounds can be called high capacity?
Old 08-19-2013, 6:14 PM

Is it better that this law gets passed, or that it gets passed and then overturned on its obvious flaws? I'm thinking the right judge might do more than just overturn a bad law. He might set legal precedent that would allow successful suit against some of these other dumb laws.

Unfortunately, I'm not lucky enough to own any "high capacity ammunition feeding devices". I was only 19 when their sales were outlawed. How's that for equality?
Old 08-20-2013, 5:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunGunner View Post
Is it better that this law gets passed, or that it gets passed and then overturned on its obvious flaws? I'm thinking the right judge might do more than just overturn a bad law. He might set legal precedent that would allow successful suit against some of these other dumb laws.

Unfortunately, I'm not lucky enough to own any "high capacity ammunition feeding devices". I was only 19 when their sales were outlawed. How's that for equality?
whats you only being 19 have to do with it? Is there an age requirement for purchasing magazines?
Old 08-20-2013, 6:45 AM
Veteran Member

^^^ not everyone gets into guns at age 1, he couldnt own a pistol yet, and if his parents werent into guns then by age 19 he likely had little to no exposure. Are you excluded from your rights if you havent exercised them by 19?
Old 08-20-2013, 6:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
^^^ not everyone gets into guns at age 1, he couldnt own a pistol yet, and if his parents werent into guns then by age 19 he likely had little to no exposure. Are you excluded from your rights if you havent exercised them by 19?
Point Missed...

The young man has a point. His point is that us old duffers could buy 'standard capacity' magazines because they were legal when we were adults. The young man was born too late and 'standard capacity' magazines were illegal to purchase by the time he was old enough to have the ability/means/desire to make said purchases.
Old 08-20-2013, 6:56 AM
Veteran Member

you either quoted the wrong person or totally whiffed on what I wrote.
Old 08-20-2013, 6:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
Maybe i should have not been such a smart ***. One of the problems with gun people is half of them don't know the laws!! So when I see a statement like that it leads me to believe that he believes you have to be older than 19 to purchase magazines, which is not true. So maybe next time I will approach my response better.
Old 08-20-2013, 8:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3572001 View Post
I have been a shooter for over 30 years and a cop for 20 + years. To my knowledge standard magazine for Beretta 92 is 15 (some recent ones are 17) rounds. AR15 is 20/30 rounds. Glock 17 is 17rds. etc. Who came up with the idea that anything over 10 rounds can be called high capacity?
Same people who determined that putting a pistol grip on a rifle makes it 'assaulty'

10 is just a starting point. Once you establish that there's such an thing as 'too many bullets' for the common citizen's gun, then you can recycle the same arguments to keep ratcheting that number down until you reach 1. As evident by New York's "SAFE" Act moving the bar to 7. Today's 10 is tomorrows 7. Then 5, then 3, then 1.
Old 09-11-2013, 8:45 PM

We need to learn from Colorado and start recalling.

Last edited by alqpoe; 09-29-2014 at 12:26 PM..
Old 09-13-2013, 9:56 PM

This failed today, didn't it?
Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 PM

sb396 was history yesterday...
Old 09-14-2013, 6:39 PM

Did this bill just pass!?!? I got a notification from turners saying:

Issue: MAGAZINE BAN (Skinner)

09/11/2013 - An amended AB 48 has passed the Assembly 42 YES to 30 NO and is now on its way to the Governor.

AB 48 (Skinner) makes it illegal to manufacture, import, keep for sale, offer or expose for sale, or give, lend, buy, or receive parts and repair kits capable of converting magazine capacity to greater than ten rounds.

AB 48, as amended, Skinner. Firearms:begin delete ammunition: sales.end deletebegin insert large-capacity magazines.end insert
(1) Except as specified, existing law makes it a crime to manufacture, import, keep for sale, offer or expose for sale, or give or lend any large-capacity magazine, and makes a large-capacity magazine a nuisance. Existing law defines “large-capacity magazine” to mean any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds but excludes, in pertinent part, a feeding device that has been permanently altered so that the magazine cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
This bill would make it a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of not more than $1,000 or imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed 6 months, or by both that fine and imprisonment,begin delete to buy or receive a large capacity magazine orend delete to knowingly manufacture, import, keep for sale, offer or expose for sale, or give, lend, buy, or receive any large capacity magazine conversion kit that is capable of converting an ammunition feeding device into a large-capacity magazine.begin insert The bill would also make it a misdemeanor or a felony to buy or receive a large-capacity magazine, as specified.end insert By creating a new crime, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.
begin delete (2) Existing law prohibits any person, corporation, or dealer from selling ammunition to a person under 18 years of age, selling ammunition designed for use in a handgun to a person under 21 years of age, or providing possession of any ammunition to any minor who the person, corporation, or dealer knows is prohibited from possessing that ammunition at that time. Existing law prohibits a person, corporation, or firm from giving possession or control of ammunition to any person who he or she knows is prohibited by law from possessing ammunition. Existing law also regulates handgun ammunition vendors and provides that a handgun ammunition vendor shall not permit any employee who the vendor knows or reasonably should know is a person who has been convicted of a felony or other specified crimes to handle, sell, or deliver handgun ammunition in the course and scope of employment.
end deletebegin delete This bill would require the Department of Justice to alert local law enforcement entities in the city, county, or city and county in which a purchaser resides if the purchaser obtains more than 6,000 rounds of ammunition within a 7-day period, as specified. The bill would make this requirement operative only if SB 53 of the 2013-14 Regular Session is enacted and becomes operative.
end deletebegin insert (2) This bill would incorporate additional changes to Section 32310 of the Penal Code proposed by SB 396 that would become operative if this bill and SB 396 are both enacted and this bill is enacted last.
end insert (3) The California Constitution requires the state to reimburse local agencies and school districts for certain costs mandated by the state. Statutory provisions establish procedures for making that reimbursement.
This bill would provide that no reimbursement is required by this act for a specified reason.
Vote: majority. Appropriation: no. Fiscal committee: yes. State-mandated local program: yes.
Old 09-14-2013, 6:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russianguy View Post
Did this bill just pass!?!? I got a notification from turners saying:

Issue: MAGAZINE BAN (Skinner)

09/11/2013 - An amended AB 48 has passed the Assembly 42 YES to 30 NO and is now on its way to the Governor.
The magazine part of AB 48 was conditional on SB 396 passing. Since the latter didn't pass, the former won't go into effect. The rest of AB 48 does go into effect (barring veto), but it's nowhere nearly as bad as it would have been if SB 396 passed as well.
Old 09-14-2013, 7:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I have been a shooter for over 30 years and a cop for 20 + years. To my knowledge standart magazine for Beretta 92 is 15 (some recent ones are 17) rounds. AR15 is 20/30 rounds. Glock 17 is 17rds. etc. Who came up with the idea that anything over 10 rounds can be called high capacity?
People in power who don't like armed citizens, Brother! Its arbitrary and incremental.
Old 09-16-2013, 8:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Agree 1000%
"If we see that Germany is winning we ought to help Russia and if Russia is winning we ought to help Germany, and Neither of them thinks anything of their pledged word."
Harry Truman - As quoted in The New York Times 07/24/1941
"We do not keep anybody as our enemies;
But we do not recommend others to consider us as their enemy." V. Putin - 04/16/2015
Old 09-16-2013, 8:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
The magazine part of AB 48 was conditional on SB 396 passing. Since the latter didn't pass, the former won't go into effect. The rest of AB 48 does go into effect (barring veto), but it's nowhere nearly as bad as it would have been if SB 396 passed as well.
Where is this info from? I have read both bills 396 and 48 in both the original and amended versions and I haven't seen this...
Old 09-16-2013, 12:49 PM

Go here.

Select "Today's Law as Amended.

Scroll to the bottom, section 8. Clearly written out in the bill language.

Reply if you still can't find it.

Lester

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerEscobar View Post
Where is this info from? I have read both bills 396 and 48 in both the original and amended versions and I haven't seen this...

Pistols and rifles and shotguns, oh my!