Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 08-25-2014, 6:52 AM

Default lga 1156 Motherboard

Hey CG community I'm up in the SF Bay area and I'm wondering if any of you bay area techie types have an intel socket 1156 motherboard laying around that might be willing to donate to a good cause or that I might buy off you for a little money. It is the first gen i-core processor format and NOBODY except ebay has them anymore...and buying used motherboards off ebay is sketchy to say the least. I have a computer that the motherboard just died on and the i5-760 quad core CPU in it is perfectly fine. I would like to not have to chuck the whole computer and spend 350-400 bucks on a new mobo/cpu combo if at all possible. If you have such a motherboard or know somebody that does, please let me know and maybe we can set things up. The motherboard that died is a gigabyte mobo, but it doesn't have to be the same. Looking for ATX or mini atx. Thanks! Id sure rather spend that 300+ on reloading components!!!

Ask me about Project Appleseed!

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass - Shooters Prayer
Old 08-25-2014, 7:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hate that! I have a LGA 775 that i thought crapped out on me. PS fried and wouldn't POST so i removed everything and pieced it back together 1 component at a time after installing a new PS. Luckily it eventually started up, turned out to be a bad floppy drive/combo card reader drawing too much current.
Old 08-25-2014, 7:24 AM

Yeah I did that too. Have a working 550w Psu and pulled everything out and tried. Won't even post with everything out of it except ram. So hopefully somebody on here will have one for me to at least test with. I don't think the Cpu is bad. I mean if I have to buy an 1150 mobo and cpu so be it, but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask my comrades in arms first
Old 08-25-2014, 9:08 AM

It just blows my mind that the ONLY place i can find these are on ebay...not even one on CL!

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass - Shooters Prayer
Old 08-25-2014, 2:06 PM

Would also extend this out to my socal gun brothers doesnt just have to be bay area, but obviously ftf meet would be cheaper than having to ship.

Old 08-25-2014, 6:05 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

There's tons of them out there ... https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...e=off&tbm=shop

No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic68220_5.gif
Old 08-25-2014, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.Steele View Post
Of course there are. I'm just trying to buy from a source that I can meet and can keep my money (potentially) within the cg community. I've got plenty good google fu and have several p55 mobos on ebay watch list.

Old 08-26-2014, 5:17 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Okay, it's just that in your OP you say "NOBODY except ebay has them anymore." The link I gave you has plenty that aren't on eBay.

I might have an ASUS P55 board available, actually, although I make no guarantees on it. I'll take a look, verify what it is. If it's what you need you can have it for the cost of shipping. (along with the CPU and cooler that are on it.) It came inside a used computer that I bought just because of the Thermaltake Shark case that it came in.

No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic68220_5.gif
Old 08-27-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.Steele View Post
Okay, it's just that in your OP you say "NOBODY except ebay has them anymore." The link I gave you has plenty that aren't on eBay.

I might have an ASUS P55 board available, actually, although I make no guarantees on it. I'll take a look, verify what it is. If it's what you need you can have it for the cost of shipping. (along with the CPU and cooler that are on it.) It came inside a used computer that I bought just because of the Thermaltake Shark case that it came in.
Haha Thanks! I'll PM you.