Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
If there is any heads up that confiscation has begun in Commiefornia, there won't be any guns at my home when they show up. It's only 3.5 hours to the State borders.

So frustrating, I think we (my wife and I) are going to have to leave the state. Wife is putting pressure on ME, not the other way around. I hate to abandon the State, but its about way more than just guns.
Do you own the place you are storing them in or something? They'l go after you for the transfer without State approval, which will make you a prohibited person, which will allow them to take you away until you give them up...
Old 05-10-2016, 10:30 AM

Well, to continue the language of the law battle... if BB semiautomatic rifles become assault weapons we will just remove our gas tubes. No semiauto, no need for BB, they can pound dirt.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstrider View Post
Do you own the place you are storing them in or something? They'l go after you for the transfer without State approval, which will make you a prohibited person, which will allow them to take you away until you give them up...
I didn't know one needed state approval to transfer one's guns out of its jurisdiction.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGirlsHusband View Post
I didn't know one needed state approval to transfer one's guns out of its jurisdiction.
Soon. Just have to make sure you own or are renting where ever you put them so that they're still under your control.
Old 05-10-2016, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGirlsHusband View Post
It is an ultimate Catch-22. But the government who engineers such a trap risks a citizens' revolt, also. They are throwing the dice and are betting it will not happen.
I too am betting it won't happen. Most of us will just fold.
Old 05-10-2016, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerB View Post
no law has been passed..no reason to start running guns around
Getting a head-start is a reason.
Old 05-10-2016, 1:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstrider View Post
Soon. Just have to make sure you own or are renting where ever you put them so that they're still under your control.
Not necessary. A state cannot prohibit you from out-of-state possession of something banned in the state. Ever. Only if the outside state bans possession but then it is the outside state which would charge you. A California law has no jurisdiction outside California borders and no state will ever be given such privilege.

If I were I skeptical person I'd advise you to: "Maybe stop trolling here and go about your anti-gun shill business somewhere else?"

Last edited by advocatusdiaboli; 05-10-2016 at 1:42 PM..
Old 05-10-2016, 1:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk310 View Post
I too am betting it won't happen. Most of us will just fold.
A lot of people would not fight a war over a right which they can easily enjoy in a large majority of the states: easier to move than be a martyr.
Old 05-10-2016, 1:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk310 View Post
Getting a head-start is a reason.
I think one would be remiss if one doesn't plan now, but foolish if one implements the plan before there is a law and a deadline. Keep your options open until you can no longer.
Old 05-10-2016, 7:07 PM

I'm so glad all those letters/emails I sent, phone calls I made, and donations to pretty much all the pro 2nd orgs. have made a difference! Wow - here I thought it was going to be a gargantuan waste my time and money.
I’m glad things are getting better and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
I'm also relieved and can sleep peacefully because I'm confident they're not coming after my guns (and ammo) - few! And my snipery bolt action guns are safe because I can hunt with them – they promise.
The next time a ridiculous bill gets proposed I'll double down on the emails and calls cause it works.
Call me crazy, but I thought doing exactly the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result was insane. Man, was I wrong!
Ignorance is bliss.
Old 05-10-2016, 7:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by komifornian View Post
I'm so glad all those letters/emails I sent, phone calls I made, and donations to pretty much all the pro 2nd orgs. have made a difference! Wow - here I thought it was going to be a gargantuan waste my time and money.
I’m glad things are getting better and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
I'm also relieved and can sleep peacefully because I'm confident they're not coming after my guns (and ammo) - few! And my snipery bolt action guns are safe because I can hunt with them – they promise.
The next time a ridiculous bill gets proposed I'll double down on the emails and calls cause it works.
Call me crazy, but I thought doing exactly the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result was insane. Man, was I wrong!
Ignorance is bliss.
I reached where you are talking about 3 years ago.
I still call and email, but I know it is pointless.
I just feel better trying just in case.
Besides, there isn't much else we can do if the legislature, courts, voters, and government are against us but knell or leave.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:32 AM

Same here... I sent out emails to two reps yesterday, knowing full well they will ignore it. The voting majority is cramming down on what is not even a small minority. Gun owners if they all stood up would make decent noise.

At least as much as LBGT which have all their privileges and rights as much as they want fully endorsed. We, the constitutionally protected, are nonetheless the new oppressed.
Old 05-11-2016, 1:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzotzo View Post
Same here... I sent out emails to two reps yesterday, knowing full well they will ignore it. The voting majority is cramming down on what is not even a small minority. Gun owners if they all stood up would make decent noise.

At least as much as LBGT which have all their privileges and rights as much as they want fully endorsed. We, the constitutionally protected, are nonetheless the new oppressed.
Ditto! And I believe a majority of gun owners don't have a clue as to the proposed bills or current litigation. I may be off base here but I don't believe any of the pro-gun/2nd Amendment organizations are doing much of anything to educate the ignorant (and I use the term nicely) gun owners who don't know what's going on.

Don't get me wrong, I belong and support several gun orgs including NRA, CRPA, FPC and others. I will continue to do so as we are lost without them. But aside from a few NRA advertisements on Fox News I don't see any of them doing anything proactive with gun owners outside of their membership. They only seem to react to proposed bills and litigate those passed into law. Since there isn't any repercussion to the anti's piling on tons of anti-gun bills we won't win the war this way, only a few battles.

It will take someone with the resources of NRA etc. to educate and unify all gun owners. I'm willing to do my part as I believe most on Calguns are. But we are a small subset of what is needed.

I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
— Bob Lee Swagger
Old 05-11-2016, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper View Post
Ditto! And I believe a majority of gun owners don't have a clue as to the proposed bills or current litigation. I may be off base here but I don't believe any of the pro-gun/2nd Amendment organizations are doing much of anything to educate the ignorant (and I use the term nicely) gun owners who don't know what's going on.

Don't get me wrong, I belong and support several gun orgs including NRA, CRPA, FPC and others. I will continue to do so as we are lost without them. But aside from a few NRA advertisements on Fox News I don't see any of them doing anything proactive with gun owners outside of their membership. They only seem to react to proposed bills and litigate those passed into law. Since there isn't any repercussion to the anti's piling on tons of anti-gun bills we won't win the war this way, only a few battles.

It will take someone with the resources of NRA etc. to educate and unify all gun owners. I'm willing to do my part as I believe most on Calguns are. But we are a small subset of what is needed.
You are 100% correct. Go into any gun store. Are there any fliers, posters, etc. warning people of the pending or proposed laws? NO!!! Do any of the people behind the counter bring up the subject? NO!!!! I mention this to people at the stores and ranges and they are clueless. The gun haters probably sit back and laugh at us because they know, we as a group, are all bark and no bite. And yes I try and do my part. Email, letters, donate money and time, etc. Wake up everyone before you wake up and they are knocking on your door. "We're from the government and we're here to help. DISARM YOU"!!!!

NRA Life Member: Benefactor
Calguns Supporter
CRPA Supporter
Second Amendment Foundation Life Member Defender Club
Old 05-11-2016, 3:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
A lot of people would not fight a war over a right which they can easily enjoy in a large majority of the states: easier to move than be a martyr.
That is until the federal government becomes the encroacher and takes the initiative. Then the infringements will spread everywhere until states and individuals stand their ground.
Old 05-11-2016, 4:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Some folks stood their ground at Waco. How did that go?

Prepare to die. Prepare to kill. Hillary and bill killed many more children at Waco than died at sandy hook. Frankly, they don't give a damn about your rights or life, or you're kids. To them it's about control

So yes, we are screwed because trump can't fly straight enough for two days to get elected and Heller will get overturned.

So give up either your guns or your life. I think it's going to be that simple.
Old 05-11-2016, 4:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCA142 View Post
You are 100% correct. Go into any gun store. Are there any fliers, posters, etc. warning people of the pending or proposed laws? NO!!! Do any of the people behind the counter bring up the subject? NO!!!! I mention this to people at the stores and ranges and they are clueless. The gun haters probably sit back and laugh at us because they know, we as a group, are all bark and no bite. And yes I try and do my part. Email, letters, donate money and time, etc. Wake up everyone before you wake up and they are knocking on your door. "We're from the government and we're here to help. DISARM YOU"!!!!
Yep. I have asked several of the LGS in my area to put up posters to notify their customers. The only response I got was "Oh those bills will never make it to law". Yeah, right... They wouldn't admit it but I believe they are scared posters will scare off sales. The new buyers might go, "Oh, you mean I might have to register this as an assault weapon. Then maybe I should wait and see." Short sighted of the LGS because if all the bills pass the LGS may be out of business.

I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
— Bob Lee Swagger
Old 05-11-2016, 4:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCA142 View Post
Yes, this is a huge problem. Low information gun owners that don't bother to educate themselves and/or vote. We are self-deprecating in this state.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the California Waterfowl Association voicing opposition in recent committee hearings. Maybe some of them are starting to wake up.
Old 05-19-2016, 1:41 PM

Seems like you may not be able to register the "assault weapon" if you don't know the date of purchase and place of purchase. Not everyone keeps receipts. One way to deal with this could possibly be to DROS it to a friend and have them DROS it back to you before the deadline (if this bill becomes law).
Old 05-19-2016, 1:48 PM

http://abc7.com/news/california-sena...sures/1346168/

So....
Old 05-19-2016, 2:32 PM

Can someone school me on what this bill, if it taken into action. means to a new AR owner? Confiscation? Grandfathered in? etc.
Old 05-19-2016, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoan85 View Post
Can someone school me on what this bill, if it taken into action. means to a new AR owner? Confiscation? Grandfathered in? etc.
We don't know yet until the bill passes.

If it's anything like the ban of 2000, there will be always around it. I didn't register my AR back then and I still have it without a bullet button.
Old 05-19-2016, 2:46 PM

Ive been holding off on buying a AR-15, would it be a good time to finally purchase one?
Old 05-19-2016, 3:01 PM

Guess folks will be buying a lot more semiauto non-22lr rimfire rifles.
Old 05-19-2016, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn510 View Post
Ive been holding off on buying a AR-15, would it be a good time to finally purchase one?
Wish I could answer that for you.
Old 05-20-2016, 8:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
80% is always the answer
Old 05-20-2016, 8:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mmFMJ View Post
80% is always the answer
Could you elaborate on that please? I am not very familiar with the AR platform or process(building/parts etc)

Im going to assume that the 80% is about a 'lower'?

**edit- did a quick search. I understand. Thanks.

Last edited by tn510; 05-20-2016 at 8:32 AM..
Old 05-20-2016, 8:11 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
Becoming a martyr is a big decision. It has a lot of consequences not for just yourself, but for your family and friends, too. That is one of the reasons why young, single men make better soldiers than 40-something, family-laden and property-burdened people do. That being said, perhaps California is underestimating the number this group might contain.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
The antis are going after all semi rifles, so if you like AR, then buy it. Just follow whatever terrible laws that we're stuck with.
Old 05-21-2016, 2:08 PM

The mad descent into totalitarianism, reflected in the 10 new Gun Control Directives they want to enact in California.

But people are more concerned about where to take a piss if you have the gender identity re-wiring psychosis. This place is truly boned, it's off the goddamn rails. F4ggotry first, your right to defend yourself against totalitarianism dead goddamn last.

This is what you get when you play along with the system and allow them to take things from you. They keep taking. And taking.
Old 05-21-2016, 2:08 PM

I just wonder if there would be a way to modify a magazine so it could stay fixed and you could load rounds through the bottom?
Old 05-21-2016, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
I just wonder if there would be a way to modify a magazine so it could stay fixed and you could load rounds through the bottom?
Top loading would be easier.
Old 05-21-2016, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mmFMJ View Post
80% is always the answer
80% are part of the laws also. But I understand, an unregistered lower no one know you have it.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:12 PM
Banned

We give 'dem democratic legislators all they need right here to pass their anti-2A. legislation! They need only go on calguns and learn all about SSE and bullet-buttons, featureless rifles, 80 OLL. We are 'feeding' them all, to our detriment. Little doubt that nothing would've been done about SSE were it not for calguns, which is a double-edge sword, unfortunately. Just have to obtain the things one likes while still legal because the illegality will follow.

I just hope the Governor has the cajones and good sense to exercise his right to veto these hysterical laws and doesn't lose his nerve about it. He had vetoed in the past, hope that he continues to do so.

For all intents and purposes I have left the democratic party and now consider myself 'unaffiliated'.

On another topic I await an apology from that Republican former governor that got that ridiculous 'microstamping' law passed.

Last edited by ifilef; 05-22-2016 at 8:42 AM..
Old 05-21-2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbapug1 View Post
So give up either your guns or your life. I think it's going to be that simple.
Giving up your guns WILL be giving up your life. Like you said, control is the endgame. No one who can adequately oppose you, your will will be applied faster than super glue sets. Guns are what made Us what we are. Yes, our military and militia in the 1700s put their lives on the line for today, yesterday and tomorrow. I guess you can always wait for the next guy to write that blank check for ya. Yeah, that actually sounds like a better plan. Damn, too bad I already wrote one.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:24 AM

Jeez...another law? Time to pull out my ARMagLock mag release that I bought because I knew this day was coming.

www.armaglock.com
Old 05-22-2016, 7:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousuke View Post
I actually am NOT an NRA member though I don't vote democrat.

I am a CRPA member...so does that suddenly make me your enemy?
I don't vote democrat and I dont feel the NRA is a **** organization that doesn't benefits us the way they claim. But I just joined the CRPA. Thanks for saying something, as I hadn't heard of them before (newish to CA).
Old 05-22-2016, 8:34 AM

The NRA is a minimalist gun rights organization which, IMO, often times puts their business interests above the true defense of gun rights. CRPA is better and the California Right to Carry (blog.californiarighttocarry.org) is on the front lines. And I donate to each accordingly.
Old 05-22-2016, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxasa View Post
Jeez...another law? Time to pull out my ARMagLock mag release that I bought because I knew this day was coming.

www.armaglock.com
That is interesting.

I wonder if there is a way to separate the upper/lower receivers automatically, maybe with a spring or something. It looked sort of inconsistent on the demonstration videos.

It will be really interesting to see what manufacturers come up with if these bill(s) pass.
Old 05-22-2016, 8:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

To those that say CA laws don't affect out of state vendors, look at the lawsuit by the City of San Francisco targeting out of state magazine parts vendors.

Two have caved and paid settlements, but one (Exile Machine?) is still fighting to avoid giving up their customer list. It doesn't seem right, but CA laws can reach out and touch others.