Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 12-01-2017, 9:10 AM

Default Stealth Gear

I am looking at trying out a Stealth Gear IWB mini for my G26...Ventcore or Revolution...opinions?

(I already have a AG 3.0...and someone gave me a Crossbreed, so this really is about the Stealth Gear)
Old 12-02-2017, 5:45 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Revolution mini is what I carry the G19 and G43 with. I have a Ventcore for my 1911, it's nice but you can get the revolution for $49 on sale and it's all you need.
Old 12-02-2017, 5:49 PM

I have a ventcore mini for my Walther pps, it is nice and comfortable and it doesn’t sweat at all even on bare skin. The revolution looks like it would make you sweat, haven’t tried it though.
Old 12-02-2017, 6:09 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnlrat37 View Post
I have a ventcore mini for my Walther pps, it is nice and comfortable and it doesn’t sweat at all even on bare skin. The revolution looks like it would make you sweat, haven’t tried it though.
I wore it (revolution) against my skin all last summer without noticing that, It is sort of vented with holes so it can breath some. I can't really compare it to my VentCore because I rarely wear the 1911... but if an extra $50 isn't an issue then I think the VentCore is a good choice.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:19 PM

I have a Revolution AWIB for a shield and pretty much never use it. For me the material backing was in comfortable and couldn’t get the ride height to fit me.. It doesn’t conceal as well as others out there. It’s a good, cheap option, but if it’s between the two go Ventcore. Not trying to knock it, but it doesn’t work for me.

I also tried the Revolution AIWB with a G19. I put it in and took it off about as fast. The handle stood out and looked like a G19 under my shirt.
Old 12-16-2017, 6:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavca21 View Post
I am looking at trying out a Stealth Gear IWB mini for my G26...Ventcore or Revolution...opinions?

(I already have a AG 3.0...and someone gave me a Crossbreed, so this really is about the Stealth Gear)
So I run a concealed carry store, I can make a couple of suggestions if you tell me how you normally dress, give an idea of height, weight, and physical limitations such as arthritis, carpal tunnel, etc. Do you normally wear a belt or not? What kind of work, are you a mechanic working on cars, or an office worker? Do you drive a car or ride a bike?

There is actually a lot that should go into holster selection. The G26 is an easy gun to carry, remember your not concealing the gun, your concealing the grip. Where on your body do you want to carry the weapon, and why?

More than happy to help, and you can always call if you want to discuss.
Old 12-18-2017, 8:16 PM
Veteran Member

Where is the store? Anywhere in SOCAL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2017, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaman View Post
Where is the store? Anywhere in SOCAL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My store is located in Lake Forest (essentially where the 5 Fwy & 405 Fwy meet. We are located inside Artemis Defense Institute. The merchandise is always there, if you want consultation I am by appointment only, as my wife insists I spend my time, golfing, fishing, camping, working with my German Shepherds, and staying home playing on the HAM Radio.
Old 12-19-2017, 5:17 PM

Default ART is da Man!

Art met my wife and I at the store about a month ago and he was extremely helpful as well as knowledgeable.I highly recommend him!
Old 12-19-2017, 5:52 PM

I have 3 and love them. Go with ventcore it’s more expensive but worth it! I got the mini in all 3. G26-shield-Kahr 380
Old 01-24-2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
...my wife insists I spend my time, golfing, fishing, camping, working with my German Shepherds, and staying home playing on the HAM Radio.
You are one lucky guy!