Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > WTB (Want To Buy)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

WTB (Want To Buy) Looking for an item? This is the place to post it! Read the rules before posting.

Old 11-10-2012, 8:23 PM
Veteran Member

The rails get spot welded on. The AKTEAM will show you everything you need to know. They run a GREAT BP. This will be my sixth and I don't think I have ever seen anyone leave without an operational rifle. They are GREAT builders and even better people.
Old 11-10-2012, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley82 View Post
The rails get spot welded on. The AKTEAM will show you everything you need to know. They run a GREAT BP. This will be my sixth and I don't think I have ever seen anyone leave without an operational rifle. They are GREAT builders and even better people.

Cool Valley, thanks for the reassurances
Old 11-10-2012, 8:53 PM
CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD1988 View Post
But I need to weld on my guide rails I think?
Yup.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 11-10-2012, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zealot9802 View Post
Dont worry LD. AKteam will guide you. Have faith in the AK gawd!
Quote:
^^^ Thank you guys.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 11-10-2012, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD1988 View Post
Cool Valley, thanks for the reassurances
Relax and enjoy the ride.......

Old 11-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member

Relax and enjoy the ride....... Easy for you to say.

I remember the stress before the first build I attended like it was yesterday...so many questions/worries about having everything to build my weapon, being able to keep up with the rest of the builders, would it be functional at the end of the day, would I pick the right kit and parts to have a decent rifle.

Mrlonewolf is absolutely right, they got this!
No better way to spend a day IMO.
Old 11-11-2012, 9:25 PM
Veteran Member

Just want to know everyone's opinion on AK buffers
is it really necessary? I think it's not since Mikhail Kalashnikov designed the AK without the need for a buffer. I personally think if it wasn't designed to be there it doesnt need to be there, also today at the range I shot my friend's AK and after noticing the buffer I decided to take it off and after that the AK ran like a hot knife thru butter

So Buffer or no Buffer?

Old 11-12-2012, 5:34 PM

Thank you for all your PMs and overwhelming interest guys.

As of right now, the Dec. BPs are full.

If a spot becomes available I'll move the first member listed in the waiting list to that available spot.

That being said and due to the feedback received.

The waiting list is now the official list for an overflow AK BP........

Thank you.

PS. First come first serve; No PM reservations will be made.

Good luck.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:32 AM

What a privileged it would be to attend the next available AK build party. I'm sure it would be a memorable and rewarding learning experience. Please let me know. I plan on building a Bulgarian 74. Thank you so much for everything.
Old 11-16-2012, 5:41 PM
Veteran Member

Exodus, I am no expert. But I can tell you what the AKTEAM told me, which is that a buffer should not be needed if the rifle is built correctly. It is a crutch/bandaid to correct a problem.
Old 11-17-2012, 7:52 PM

TTT

Waiting list has been updated.

Old 11-19-2012, 9:54 PM

i just saw this "trigger group retainer" that i didnt realize i needed and akbuilder is out. is red star arms the one most of you fellers get?also i cant find much on here about this part. does it just hold the tapco trigger group i got?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member

It replaces the spring that originally held the trigger group in place, much better/easier setup. Solar tactical, ak-builder should have them, if not email Curtis at ak-builder for availability update.
Old 11-20-2012, 5:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenner View Post
i just saw this "trigger group retainer" that i didnt realize i needed and akbuilder is out. is red star arms the one most of you fellers get?also i cant find much on here about this part. does it just hold the tapco trigger group i got?
This is from the tutorial link on the first page. It keeps the pins from coming out of the receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Installing the Fire Control Group.
The FCG is made up of the trigger, disconnector, hammer, hammer spring, disconnector spring, and axis pins.

Fire Control Group retaining pins, plates, and C-clips. Avoid using the "sheppards hook" on the top. Get a retaining plate, but an E-clip or hair pin cotter will work just fine.

Here's how the retaining plate is installed. Shown on the outside for illustration purposes.

All of the above retain the axis pins in the receiver by locking into the pin's groove.

Once the FCG is in and the axis pins retained. Perform a basic function test. (With and unloaded gun and pointed in a safe direction) Start by pulling the trigger back and holding it back. Push back the hammer until it locks onto the disconnector. Release the pressure off of the trigger. The hammer should come off of the disconnector and be caught by the trigger hook. Pull the trigger again and the hammer should fall.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 11-20-2012, 6:29 PM

damn it! i have seen that but they just kept calling it a "retaining plate" and i was looking for "trigger group retainer" haha. i definitly should have put that together.
Old 11-20-2012, 7:06 PM

Quote:
It replaces the spring that originally held the trigger group in place, much better/easier setup. Solar tactical, ak-builder should have them, if not email Curtis at ak-builder for availability update.

thanks. i ordered from solar tactical. strangely enuf i found some weird lookin ones on amazon also.
Old 11-25-2012, 8:03 AM

I have an announcement. 2 weeks. That is all.
Old 11-25-2012, 9:29 PM

^^^ This...

Old 11-25-2012, 9:42 PM

The AK BP list has been updated.

To all the listed members , I need a confirmation PM please.

1. Are you attending the BP? (Y) or (N)
2. Type of build.
3. Parts kit and compliance parts GTG?
4. Any pertinent question(s).

Thank you.

Lonewolf.

Old 11-27-2012, 1:17 PM

Work obligations has come up and I won't be able to make the Dec 9 build party. I don't know when I'll get to build it so I coated everything in a generous application of RIG grease and put the parts away for now. So my loss is a wait listed persons lucky day! Mrlonewolf, is there another opportunity for me to try and get my kit assembled? Such as a 1 on 1 assistance with possibly multiple kits or some other means, or do you know of anywhere else I can get it built? I wont be back in town until February, and I dont know when I'll get called out to work again.
Old 11-28-2012, 6:42 AM

Last call.

We are getting close to the Party, if you haven't PMed me to confirm assistance, please do so ( I still have members looking for an open spot).

Directions and final instructions will be sent in a few days to "confirmed" builders only.

Please go to the first post and read the AK tutorial, check and double check your kit and compliance parts and.... get ready...

Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 AM

If there are any openings on the 9th let me know, thanks
Old 11-30-2012, 4:08 PM

Hello all! Question, if my barrel is already populated, do I need to remove all the components or just the front trunnion to rivet to receiver? Does it all get blasted as one single unit or we blast each piece on the barrel? My friend who is also attending has removed all the components, should we put them all back(except front trunnion) or does it matter. Thanks in advance for your help and see ya on the 9th! Also does anyone have a 1.5mm AKM flat they are willing to part with? I have several 1mm flats and would like the 1.5mm. Would pay a pretty penny or trade a set of romy wood sets.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member

I just ordered all the parts for a Bulgarian AK74 I have everything I need. I understand there is probably no chance in hell I could get a spot this late in the game. But if there is a chance let me know please.
Old 12-03-2012, 7:05 PM

5 days and counting....that is all....
Old 12-03-2012, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhena81 View Post
I just ordered all the parts for a Bulgarian AK74 I have everything I need. I understand there is probably no chance in hell I could get a spot this late in the game. But if there is a chance let me know please.
^^^^ Stand by.

Old 12-03-2012, 8:43 PM

*** Final Instructions have been sent. ***

Check your PMs and acknowledge. Again, Only confirmed attendees will receive coordinates.

Old 12-04-2012, 7:44 AM

Good luck to all new builders. Relish the moment and rest up. You'll be spent by the end of the day.
Old 12-04-2012, 9:37 PM
Veteran Member

It is getting close enough to see on the horizon! See you guys on Saturday. The wife is making cupcakes for us to snack on.
Old 12-05-2012, 5:20 PM

Quote:
It is getting close enough to see on the horizon! See you guys on Saturday. The wife is making cupcakes for us to snack on.
Cupcakes are an amazing idea. Maybe ill stop and get some travel size jugs of coffee.
Old 12-05-2012, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlonewolf View Post
*** Final Instructions have been sent. ***

Check your PMs and acknowledge. Again, Only confirmed attendees will receive coordinates.
^^^^ TTT.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:06 PM

Talking

Its 11:00pm on Wed night- cant sleep, got a rash and high temp.
Think i have AK BP fever.....

See ya Sat
Old 12-06-2012, 6:13 PM

Coordinates have been sent ........

Check your PMs.

Looking forward to have a good time this weekend.

Old 12-06-2012, 8:25 PM

OK. Excited is an understatement!

On a side note, what are u guys all bringing for snacks? Are we bringing enough for the group?
What's everyone thinking or planning on doing for lunch that day?

Okay, one last question from the excited kid before Xmas.... what if I don't have a folding table to bring? I'm trying to borrow one but its not a sure thing.
Old 12-07-2012, 3:46 PM

T minus 20hrs.

Heads up builders & brace for impact.

We are going to have one h..ll of the weekend........

Old 12-07-2012, 8:55 PM
Veteran Member

Locked and loaded, lets do this...see you all in the morning!
Cupcakes are coming out of the oven as I type, they will be injected with pudding and iced by the wife at 0 dark thirty.
Old 12-08-2012, 5:37 AM

Enroute from SD. Will bring coffee.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:42 PM

Pics guys, pics!!!! I don't think I can wait till tomorrow!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 3:59 PM

You guys must be up to your elbows in AKs right now. (That must be the most beautiful sounding sentence I have ever written.) Post some pics when you're done.
Old 12-08-2012, 5:02 PM

We are done. Some of the guys are already at the range testing.

Round one.

M76, AMDs, Romies, Polish UF.... You name it.

Round two coming up in a few hours.....