Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 02-07-2018, 9:47 PM

Default 123

Last edited by Ishootforblood; 02-19-2019 at 1:29 AM..
Old 02-09-2018, 7:45 AM

Contact this guy:

http://www.lkscoperepair.com/

It says he does adjustment of parallax. I believe he can also change your reticle to some other type if you want. Oddly there is no phone number, so you need to email him via the form on the "contact us" page.

I'd contacted him about fixing an old Weaver V4.5 (steel tube, 50s or 60s vintage) that I have. His prices aren't cheap, but the lead time is actually pretty reasonable and he said I'd get my scope back "as it was when it first left the factory".
Old 02-09-2018, 7:56 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishootforblood View Post
I have an old Weaver K4, 60B, El Paso Texas. It's a nice old 4x steel tube scope. It's in good condition, but has some very slight dents on the tube body where someone evidently over tightened the rings. Otherwise, it seems to be pretty sound.

I believe the parallax was factory set at 100 yards, but I would like to use this on an older .22LR. The rifle will basically match the time period of the scope. I have a few unattached .22LR scopes, but I'm wanting to put this scope back in service.

I'm curious to know if there is a way to reset the Parallax to 50 yards? There are two (2) slots on the outside of the objective lens, and I believe I could use something thin like a hack saw blade to turn the objective lens. But, I've never messed with an old K4. I'm aware that Weaver USA is no more, so there is no warranty or factory support. Thanks in advance for any constructive responses.
I have a fair number of older rifles and use "period correct" on them. You can probably turn out that front retaining ring, but be careful if it's plastic as it may break rather than turn. The front lens is probably glued in place so removing that ring doesn't help by itself. I soldered a cleaned up hacksaw blade on to an old screwdriver and it works fine, but got so far as cleaning the lens and threads.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:50 AM

Last edited by Ishootforblood; 02-19-2019 at 12:50 AM..