Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-16-2018, 9:58 AM

Default Senate Intel Committee Report Alleges NRA as Conduit for Russia Influence Campaign

Expect anti-2A forces to use this as yet one more "NRA is Evil" club.

Quote:
The Committee has obtained a number of documents that suggest the Kremlin used the National Rifle Association as a means of accessing and assisting Mr. Trump and his campaign. ... The Kremlin may also have used the NRA to secretly fund Mr. Trump’s campaign. ... The extent of Russia’s use of the NRA as an avenue for connecting with and potentially supporting the Trump campaign needs examination.
Senate Intelligence Committee Summary Report (PDF, page 21)

(Note the PDF link is from Sen. Feinstein's URL.)

Last edited by eswrite; 05-16-2018 at 10:40 AM..
Old 05-16-2018, 10:05 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

More Democratic which hunt crap.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessdude View Post
Yeah, notice all the equivocal language, basically saying this needs more investigation. Won't stop the anti-2A mob from frothing at the mouth with "proof."
Old 05-16-2018, 10:17 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eswrite View Post
Yeah, notice all the equivocal language, basically saying this needs more investigation. Won't stop the anti-2A mob from frothing at the mouth with "proof."
They don't care about the truth, and never have.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth
Old 05-16-2018, 10:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

more crap.

let's look at something factual.

libtards take taxes and give it to planned abortionhood.
they send much of that to libtards to fund their campaigns, ensuring continued funding.
and we all pay for that. we pay to fund libtard campaigns through our taxes.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
more crap.

let's look at something factual.

libtards take taxes and give it to planned abortionhood.
they send much of that to libtards to fund their campaigns, ensuring continued funding.
and we all pay for that. we pay to fund libtard campaigns through our taxes.
While I share your sentiments, with all due respect, that's argument by deflection. Showing why and how those two "throw shade" paragraphs are "crap" and being aware of how the opponent will nonetheless use them against us strike me as far more on point and productive.
Old 05-18-2018, 3:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eswrite View Post
While I share your sentiments, with all due respect, that's argument by deflection. Showing why and how those two "throw shade" paragraphs are "crap" and being aware of how the opponent will nonetheless use them against us strike me as far more on point and productive.
Reminds me of a sociology textbook from college I had. They made broad claims about society with a study or two footnoted to back up the argument. If you actually checked the footnotes; the study didn't prove the claim. I wonder what their footnotes point to?

re: Funded the NRA = some people in Russia (almost all US citizens) joined the NRA?
Old 05-22-2018, 5:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Trump/NRA collude with Russia or The DEEP STATE SWAMP grasps at more straws to derail a fairly elected President.

It wasn't enough to put Obama admin paid spys in his campaign or investigate every aspect of his life for a year with partisan democrat hacks.

now they fairytale this Horse**** .

Crooked Feinstein and her husband possibly stealing millions from the taxpayer through chocolate mountain deal are investigating our president and NRA !
Old 05-22-2018, 5:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessdude View Post
Senate intelligence committee is Republican controlled
Old 05-22-2018, 6:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashycrashy View Post
Senate intelligence committee is Republican controlled
Then its time to boot Feinstien off it !
Notice there are no republicans on Muellers team !
Old 05-22-2018, 6:32 PM
Calguns Addict

what a joke.
they just keep digging that hole and further separate and alienate americans from one another
Old 05-22-2018, 6:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0re10 View Post
Reminds me of a sociology textbook from college I had. They made broad claims about society with a study or two footnoted to back up the argument. If you actually checked the footnotes; the study didn't prove the claim. I wonder what their footnotes point to?

re: Funded the NRA = some people in Russia (almost all US citizens) joined the NRA?
Most of them point to Rolling Stone stories. Yep, that's a credible source.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Old 05-22-2018, 6:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Yet Soro's meddling sure doesn't bother them one bit.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 05-22-2018, 6:38 PM
Calguns Addict

And what next....

Kanye West had Russian connections? LOL

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 05-22-2018, 8:11 PM

Quote:
The NRA, in response to Mr. Wyden’s consistent prodding, has acknowledged that it accepted about $2,500 from people with Russian addresses, some of whom may be American nationals living abroad, or from known Russian nationals living in the U.S.

Most of that money was from membership dues or magazine subscriptions, which is legal, general counsel John C. Frazer wrote to Mr. Wyden. Only about $525, from two people, in contributions to the gun rights group came from Russian addresses.
there you go only $2500
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sion-theories/
Old 05-22-2018, 8:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Heh, this is getting more and more hilarious. Well, it would be hilarious, if the circus in question was some African government from the 50's and not today's US government. It's often interesting to observe how little people in Russia know about the US and what kind of fairy tales that that spawns (and what kind of fairy tales about the US they're fed these days, due to the same ignorance). It's very similar here in the US concerning Russia. It's sad when such drivel is produced by the people who are supposed to know better.

With that said, I know Maria Butina. While I have no doubt that she wouldn't mind being closer to Putin's government, she's not (and definitely not to the degree where she'd be trusted in something like this). She did try to create the Russian edition of the NRA, but she didn't get government's support (despite her "connections" to Putin's government, alleged by the moron writers of this drivel), and Russian gun owners are as apathetic as their American counterparts, only there are fewer of them (about 5 million), so her efforts fizzled.

The morons who came up with that report basically just looked for any Russian names somehow associated with the NRA. I'm surprised they didn't use mine. After all, I'm an NRA member and I have better connections among the current Russian government than she does (not to mention a thoroughly Russian last name). Come to think of it, give it time, give it time...

DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
Old 05-22-2018, 8:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Some Russians subscribe to NRA magazines, especially American Rifleman. And some, like Butina, became NRA members (although hers, I believe, is a gift membership). Tell you more, quite a few Russian nationals living in the US are NRA members (heck, I convinced a few to join the NRA myself). It's a veritable NRA spy collusion network!

DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
Old 05-23-2018, 8:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

May, could, if....

If I had a dollar for every piece of media speculation...
Old 05-23-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I am both Russian and U.S. citizen and a long time NRA member. I am glad Russia has such an organization, we are worse than California over there.

Putin is very anti-gun, just like most autocrats like Gavin Newsom and their ilk.
Old 05-26-2018, 6:18 AM
Formerly carlosdanger

Don't know about the Russia/NRA connection but I do know there are a lot of Russian trolls on this forum.
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”

― Joseph Heller, Catch 22
Old 05-26-2018, 6:23 AM
Formerly carlosdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Then its time to boot Feinstien off it !
Notice there are no republicans on Muellers team !
Hate to break this to you, champ, but Rosenstein, Comey and Mueller are all Republicans.
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”

Old 05-27-2018, 12:27 AM

If ever a group of people were misnamed, it is hands down the "Senate Intel Committee".
Old 05-27-2018, 12:29 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger View Post
Don't know about the Russia/NRA connection but I do know there are a lot of Russian trolls on this forum.
Уверен?

Old 05-27-2018, 2:39 PM
Formerly carlosdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
Уверен?
These guys come on here and at first their English is terrible, but gradually it improves and it is obvious that English is not their first language and they don't even know the alphabet.

Or they claim to be engineers or law enforcement.

Old 05-29-2018, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Or they claim to be engineers or law enforcement.
Yeah, because no Russian had ever been an engineer.
Old 05-29-2018, 1:48 PM

I'm curious if they had authorization to release that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2018, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Old 05-31-2018, 7:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2761377 View Post
Curious that the OP never misses an opportunity to post something negative about gun rights or the NRA, in a passive aggressive manner of course - give it a little air time while rubbing hands together in a "gee guys, isn't this bad PR for us?" sort of way.

November feels a long way off.

Last edited by dfletcher; 05-31-2018 at 9:02 PM..
Old 05-31-2018, 8:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Yeah right a pro gun group being allowed to exist in mother russia.
Old 05-31-2018, 9:16 PM

Quote:

A good deal of the footnote refer to Rolling Stone articles. (We all know ho accurate that publication is...

Quote:
125 Tim Dickinson, “The Trump-Russia-NRA Connection: Here’s What You Need to Know,” Rolling Stone (Jan. 18, 2018).
126 Tim Dickinson, “Inside the Decade-Long Russian Campaign to Infiltrate the NRA and Help Elect Trump,” Rolling
Stone (Apr. 2, 2018); Peter Stone and Greg Gordon, “FBI investigating whether Russian money went to NRA to help
Trump,” McClatchy (Jan. 18, 2018).
127 Tim Dickinson, “Inside the Decade-Long Russian Campaign to Infiltrate the NRA and Help Elect Trump,” Rolling
Stone (Apr. 2, 2018)
Look at that, the Ruskies have been working for TEN YEARS to elect Trump...
Old 06-04-2018, 5:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

The biggest troll here uses the same online moniker as a known pervert and seems to be working harder than the Russians to bash our rights.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Old 06-05-2018, 6:30 PM
Formerly carlosdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
The biggest troll here uses the same online moniker as a known pervert and seems to be working harder than the Russians to bash our rights.
I am fully supportive of Second Amendment rights -- always have been and always will be.

Speaking of online monikers: Definition of trickster
: one who tricks: such as
a : a dishonest person who defrauds others by trickery
b : a person (such as a stage magician) skilled in the use of tricks and illusion
c : a cunning or deceptive character appearing in various forms in the folklore of many cultures https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/trickster

Old 06-11-2018, 7:17 AM
Formerly carlosdanger

Big article today on contacts between Russian oligarchs and the NRA during the 2016 election cycle:

Quote:
Several prominent Russians, some in President Vladimir Putin’s inner circle or high in the Russian Orthodox Church, now have been identified as having contact with National Rifle Association officials during the 2016 U.S. election campaign, according to photographs and an NRA source.

The contacts have emerged amid a deepening Justice Department investigation into whether Russian banker and lifetime NRA member Alexander Torshin illegally channeled money through the gun rights group to add financial firepower to Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential bid.

Other influential Russians who met with NRA representatives during the campaign include Dmitry Rogozin, who until last month served as a deputy prime minister overseeing Russia’s defense industry, and Sergei Rudov, head of one of Russia’s largest philanthropies, the St. Basil the Great Charitable Foundation. The foundation was launched by an ultra-nationalist ally of Russian President Putin.

The Russians talked and dined with NRA representatives, mainly in Moscow, as U.S. presidential candidates vied for the White House. Now U.S. investigators want to know if relationships between the Russian leaders and the nation’s largest gun rights group went beyond vodka toasts and gun factory tours, evolving into another facet of the Kremlin’s broad election-interference operation.

Even as the contacts took place, Kremlin cyber operatives were secretly hacking top Democrats’ emails and barraging Americans’ social media accounts with fake news stories aimed at damaging the image of Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton and boosting the prospects of Republican Donald Trump. http://www.mcclatchydc.com/latest-ne...212756749.html

Old 06-11-2018, 10:21 AM

I see liberals keep inventing s**t to stir.
Old 06-11-2018, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Big article today on contacts between Russian oligarchs and the NRA during the 2016 election cycle:

…Kremlin cyber operatives were secretly hacking top Democrats’ emails and barraging Americans’ social media accounts with fake news stories aimed at damaging the image of Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton and boosting the prospects of Republican Donald Trump. http://www.mcclatchydc.com/latest-ne...212756749.html
First of all, it wasn’t any fake news stories that damaged Hillary’s prospects, she was doing fine job of damaging herself without them.

Second, the fake news stories from the likes of CNN and MSNBC were all aimed at Trump, not Hillary. Those same news outlets, as well as the majority of the others were all in her back court.

I'm not paranoid, I know they're out to get me.

NRA Life Member
Old 06-11-2018, 4:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I am fully supportive of Second Amendment rights -- always have been and always will be.

<<< Remainder of post snipped for Brevity >>>

So, Carlosdanger,
What Pro 2nd Amendment Organization do you belong to ?

Noble
Old 06-11-2018, 7:49 PM
Formerly carlosdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
I see liberals keep inventing s**t to stir.
I love the way you guys stick your fingers in your ears and yell la la la every time facts which disrupt your belief system surface. So the author invented that the bigwigs at the NRA were palin around with a Russian guy under investigation for money laundering for the Russian Mafia.

According to you he also invented that a high level NRA delegation travelled to Russia and met with people close to Putin including one who had been sanctioned by the US government. They even invented a picture of them together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howbobert View Post
First of all, it wasn’t any fake news stories that damaged Hillary’s prospects, she was doing fine job of damaging herself without them.

Second, the fake news stories from the likes of CNN and MSNBC were all aimed at Trump, not Hillary. Those same news outlets, as well as the majority of the others were all in her back court.
If you actually read what you quoted the author said the fake news stories were "aimed at damaging" it did not say they actually damaged her chances. As to CNN and MSNBC I have no idea what you are talking about. During the campaign they covered Donald Trump 24/7. You know what Mark Cuban said about publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Cause View Post
So, Carlosdanger,

Noble
The Pro Second Amendment Organizations I belong to are not right wing lobbying groups disguised as gun rights organizations. Did you know the NRA tried to derail the Heller decision three times?

The Pro Second Amendment Organizations I belong to would never throw a gun owner or lawful concealed carrier under the bus because of the color of his skin.

The Pro Second Amendment Organizations I belong to would never endorse a cowardly draft dodger for president let alone one who claims to be a great patriot or have a draft dodging pedophile on their board of directors.

By the way this post is not about me it is about the NRA and it smells to high heaven. You might want to address that and skip the personal attacks. It is not very "noble"

Old 06-11-2018, 8:23 PM
Calguns Addict

OMG... Trump was elected due to a 2500 dollar donation by Russians to the NRA.

COLLUSIONNNNNNNNNN!!!!! Proven!!!!!

LOL. The desperation is palpable.
Old 06-11-2018, 8:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

<<< Remainder of post snipped for Brevity >>>
Quote:
So, Carlosdanger,

Noble

Quote:
The Pro Second Amendment Organizations I belong to are not right wing lobbying groups disguised as gun rights organizations. Did you know the NRA tried to derail the Heller decision three times?

The Pro Second Amendment Organizations I belong to would never throw a gun owner or lawful concealed carrier under the bus because of the color of his skin.

The Pro Second Amendment Organizations I belong to would never endorse a cowardly draft dodger for president let alone one who claims to be a great patriot or have a draft dodging pedophile on their board of directors.

By the way this post is not about me it is about the NRA and it smells to high heaven. You might want to address that and skip the personal attacks. It is not very "noble"

Personal attack ? Lol.

You claimed to support the 2nd Amendment.

I asked for your Bona Fides to back up your assertion, and you replied
with an series of attacks on the NRA, the biggest and most effective
defender of the 2nd Amendment we currently have.

And you didn't Answer a rather simple question, so I will ask you again:

So, Carlosdanger,

And a follow up question:

What is Your Plan on how best to defend our 2nd Amendment Rights ?

Noble
Old 06-11-2018, 9:28 PM
Formerly carlosdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
OMG... Trump was elected due to a 2500 dollar donation by Russians to the NRA.

COLLUSIONNNNNNNNNN!!!!! Proven!!!!!

LOL. The desperation is palpable.
You might actually try reading the article before commenting. My understanding is that the NRA does not lobby. The NRA received $2,500 from Russian sources. The NRA-ILA is the lobbying organization affiliated with the NRA. It does not disclose its donors. From the article:
Quote:
In a weeks-long exchange of letters with Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon, NRA General Counsel John Frazer disclosed that the group accepts foreign donations, but that none has been used in elections and that Russian contributions and member dues totaled $2,500 in 2016.

In April, Frazer cut off the exchange without divulging any of the group’s so-called “dark money” donors, who are allowed to contribute anonymously and can further shield their identities behind shell companies. It is unclear whether the group has traced the sources of all of those funds.

Of the $30 million the NRA reported spending to support Trump, more than $21 million was spent by its lobbying arm, whose donors are not publicly reported.

Two NRA insiders say that overall, the group spent at least $70 million, including resources devoted to field operations and online advertising, which are not required to be publicly reported.
He who laughs last laughs best.