Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-27-2013, 6:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
I personally know Stan, and believe he is a true supporter. He is a S&W collector, and has bought more than a few handguns from the store I worked at.
Maybe you can ask him why he refuses to follow state law on CCW/LTC? If he is such a supporter why won't he issue CCW/LTC for self defense?
Old 02-27-2013, 9:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by disintelligentsia View Post
The Sheriff isn't elected by cities but by the population of the whole county. As a whole, the county is conservative - Republicans have a 51,000 voter registration advantage in Riverside County.

Stan is even further shielded from any political consequences because the board of supervisors requested Stan promulgate a shall-issue standard where self defense would be considered good cause. Further, from the statements made by Chad Bianco, Stan's opponent in the race, Chad favors self defense as good cause. Therefore going to self-defense as a good cause and going shall-issue is a no-brainer politically - there would be no political cost to Stan by going shall-issue.
Hey when you run for office you can run your own campaign. With your own strategy.

Remember not every republican wants the same gun laws we do....

The bottom line is the Sheriff is an elected position, and as such a candidate must have a platform which allows that.

In this current anti gun climate it would be real easy to have some real liberal anti gunner get big $$ from some very wealthy RC residents, or even big money from state or national anti gun groups and run a anti-gun candidate.

So it's a balancing act.

Vote for who ever you want, but Stan is a good Sheriff, and a good guy too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

Old 02-27-2013, 9:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindynles View Post
Maybe you can ask him why he refuses to follow state law on CCW/LTC? If he is such a supporter why won't he issue CCW/LTC for self defense?
Answered above.

But if your so sure the Sheriff of Riverside county is violating a state law, sue him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 PM

Grandstanding or not, I am glad he did this. I sent him an email applauding his effort. Any bit of support is still support.

But here is what I am wondering about....
Was it not Sniff who went ahead with the raid on Bright Spot in 2008, in conjunction with ATF/CADOJ, and RivCo DA, for selling OLL AR and AK parts? I do not recall all that happened in that case, but if he was willing to jump on that case so quickly, how has his position changed to this?

Also, in his letter, he says that he serves as the elected Sheriff and has done so since 2007. Yes, he has served as Sheriff since 2007, when he was appointed by the county BoSnot elected. He was then elected in 2010, with some of his campaign material even saying "re-elect". It's sad, but so many people have no idea who the current Sheriff is at any point in time, and are likely to vote for the incumbent. Not the most upfront sort of campaigning, but hey, it is politics, so not a big shock. I can see how his careful wording in the letter can get around this though.

None of this is to intentionally bash Sniff. Like I said, I do appreciate his support, but do feel like some of this should be brought out.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Answered above.

But if your so sure the Sheriff of Riverside county is violating a state law, sue him.
So you are OK with the chief law enforcement officer in the county refusing to follow the law? You realize that eventually the CGF is going to go after him and the county is going to loose. That means we the taxpayers are going to pay the legal fees because Sniff refuses to follow the law.

I concede that the decision on good cause is discretionary, but the refusal to follow the law is unacceptable. Sniff is a hypocrite plain and simple.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Answered above.

Ok.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-28-2013, 6:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Ok.

-Brandon
Donation sent. I would like like everyone in my family who so desires to be able to protect himself to the extent of his ability.

Are our public servants keeping us 100% safe? The supreme court has ordered California to release thousands of criminals from prison, the DOJ has armed drug cartels via Operation Fast and Furious, the government has enticed millions of illegal aliens (criminals by definition) here by striking down proposition 187 and expanding benefits to illegals, etc. How are those actions supposed to "establish justice and insure domestic tranquility?" Government at all levels has willfully failed in its sworn duties, and yet Sheriff Sniff denies many law-abiding residents of Riverside County their natural right of armed self defense.

I'm glad Sheriff Sniff is making some effort, but as long as he's enforcing policies and unconstitutional laws that prevent citizens from legally carrying firearms, there is need for improvement.
JPFO Genocide Chart Note that seven of the nine genocides documented in the Genocide Chart were perpetrated against "political opponents." If you're a Christian, a gun owner, and support the Constitution and natural rights, then you are a political opponent to the Marxists who control the CA and US regimes, and to their armies of useful idiots.
Old 03-05-2013, 3:56 PM

Default Start Re Calls

Get some RE-CALLS started on every single one of these Idiots that endorses any bill against guns ... It will get there attention .... They are not protecting the constitution , but destroying it ... I HATE LIBERALS for very good reasons