Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 03-21-2006, 7:34 PM

Default Service Rifle Shooters??

Does anyone shoot an AR with fixed mag in SR or any HP with rapid fire stages?? Is it possible to reload and still finish in 60 or 70 seconds?? Just curious, Ive got 2 lowers coming and really want to shoot SR. If not does anyone shoot in Reno?? If so where and how often do they have matches?? Hopefully the will list and this will be a moot point, but for now its not. Thanks alot, Scott
Old 03-21-2006, 11:26 PM
In Memoriam

At the Sac Valley HP matches they'll let you shoot it in SR. When the command to load is given you close your bolt on an EMPTY chamber (under the watchful eye of your scorer) and then with the upper pivoted open load ALL 10 rounds. After shooting two rounds you must remove the rifle from position, then reshoulder and continue firing the remaining 8 rounds.

This is only for club and registered matches. Not the state matches. They try to accomadate new shooters within the constraints of our stupid laws.
Old 03-22-2006, 7:56 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Same with Richmond and Chabot....

Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2220
Old 03-24-2006, 4:59 PM
Veteran Member

Thumbs up Ar Stripper Clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvarmint
Does anyone shoot an AR with fixed mag in SR or any HP with rapid fire stages?? Is it possible to reload and still finish in 60 or 70 seconds?? Just curious, Ive got 2 lowers coming and really want to shoot SR. If not does anyone shoot in Reno?? If so where and how often do they have matches?? Hopefully the will list and this will be a moot point, but for now its not. Thanks alot, Scott

I have strippers that I use in my flop top AR. They're 10 rounders but I can only get 8 or 9 to go in, the other round(s) comes out of the stripper but I have to push them in the mag by hand. I'm sure you could perfect it but Iv'e never tried it for speed.

I got these from a guy at work I'll try to find out where he gets them. I had to modify the rail a little to get it to fit over the bolt catch.

I hope this helps

~Robert

Old 03-25-2006, 4:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Any word on where the guy got these from?????????????

Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blfd1
I have strippers that I use in my flop top AR. They're 10 rounders but I can only get 8 or 9 to go in, the other round(s) comes out of the stripper but I have to push them in the mag by hand. I'm sure you could perfect it but Iv'e never tried it for speed.

I got these from a guy at work I'll try to find out where he gets them. I had to modify the rail a little to get it to fit over the bolt catch.

I hope this helps

~Robert

1.)All humanity would be better off if Stoooopid hurt.
2.)Why is it that if guns are sooooo unsafe that you're 9 times more likely to die at the hands of your doctor?
3.)Remember...Buy it cheap & stack it deep
Old 03-26-2006, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blfd1

I hope this helps

~Robert
I also would like to know where to get some of those strippers.

Thank you
Old 03-26-2006, 7:45 PM
Veteran Member

Talking Strippers...no, not that kind !

Hey guys~

I'm still waiting on a return email from my boss on where he got the strippers from. I will post as soon as I know. They do make loading easier for the "Kali flop top" models. I have people at the range asking about them also.

~Robert
Old 03-26-2006, 7:57 PM

Beta makes a similar stripper clip loader for the C-mags. Shoeless sells a modified version that fits the FAB-10, but I can't find their web site right now. At any rate, Beta's loader is $17.50 direct from them.

Old 03-27-2006, 1:09 PM
Veteran Member

Exclamation Strippers...no, not that kind!

Ok, I talked to him and he said that they come in bandoliers of battle packed ammo from Canada?

Supposedly you are supposed to be able to burn and cook with them (the strippers and loader) when you're finished....As for what company sells them he's not sure, but he says that he picked alot of them up off the ground at the range (Livermore Rod and Gun Club) a couple years ago.

So, I guess that you would have to find out what company provides them with thier ammo? Does anyone have any ideas where they came from ??

Thanks,

Robert