Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
thats kinda surprising that glock continues to pull sales like that after all these years....
Why is it so surprising? Glock pretty much created the market for polymer framed striker fired handguns. They have been popular for decades. Even with new competitors, its still the same market, the guns still accomplish the same task. People will stop buying Glocks when they stop buying all semiautomatic handgun designs. Especially in CA where Glocks are one of the few guns still on the roster.
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.

Last edited by lightcav; 04-20-2018 at 11:39 PM..
Old 04-20-2018, 11:55 PM
Veteran Member

There will always be a after market...
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 04-21-2018, 1:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Seriously I believe everyone in California who ever wanted a Glock already has 15.

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 04-21-2018, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Seriously I believe everyone in California who ever wanted a Glock already has 15.
California has a population approaching 40 million with roughly 829,000 gun owners. I’d say there’s potential for more sales with new shooters. Love them, or hate them, Glock is a solid choice for a first handgun bigger than a .22.

Last edited by 808@515; 04-21-2018 at 2:04 AM..
Old 04-21-2018, 3:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

What are the chances that Glock:

Stops producing Gen 3,

Places Gen 4 on the roster.

They win/win.

NRA Life Member
CRPA Member
Old 04-21-2018, 5:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal147 View Post

Stops producing Gen 3,

They win/win.
So you think Glock may mod Gen 4’s to dual microstamp, have CA approved LCI, mag disconnect, drop safety test, and pay the roster extortion fee?? Ha! You have a better chance of winning a powerball jackpot....

The current roster requirements are impossible to comply with, exactly what our Dem politicians want.
Old 04-21-2018, 6:42 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
I can say that I have noticed in distribution Gen3s are not available. Gen4s and Gen5s are plentiful..

if anything the number of runs they are doing on Gen3s is way down.. I haven't been able to find a Glock 19 in over a month. In previous months they have always been available somewhere even if hi-cap version. 0 available. 0 Glock 26s available. Only 1 distributor had Glock 17s.. I purchased a few.

Flood of Gen4s, Gen5s at ALL distributors right now in many various different configurations and colors.

Clearly for them to produce those they cant also produce Gen3s as they were in the past. If they aren't being phased out they are at least being produced in less frequency now. Either that or all the FFLs in CA decided to go Glock crazy in the past 6 weeks.
^^^^^This^^^^^

One of my distributors told me Glock has already slowed the production of Gen3's. Like ugimports has said, finding Gen3's at the distributors is tough lately.

With this state and their rules of not allowing the Gen3 that is manufactured here in the states to be on the roster it makes sense that Glock would want to stop paying to import them.

TinStarSupply@aol.com

The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazoE
I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.
Old 04-21-2018, 6:47 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal147 View Post

Stops producing Gen 3,

They win/win.
I doubt that would happen. The cost of the R&D to make these guns Ca compliant is prohibitive. Look back just a couple years ago when Sig tried to make the P250 Ca compliant, after months of trying and truck loads of money for the R&D they gave up.

TinStarSupply@aol.com

The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazoE
I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.
Old 04-21-2018, 6:56 AM

I better hurry and buy a new round of gen 3 glocks. Need to replace the ones lost in a recent boating incident.
No way glock adds more to roster. Tech does not exist for duel stamp. Hope they keep gen 3's till some thing changes here in Ca.
Old 04-21-2018, 7:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzernie View Post
^^^^^This^^^^^

One of my distributors told me Glock has already slowed the production of Gen3's. Like ugimports has said, finding Gen3's at the distributors is tough lately.

With this state and their rules of not allowing the Gen3 that is manufactured here in the states to be on the roster it makes sense that Glock would want to stop paying to import them.
But so are the RTF models. I don't think it's difficult to assume that they've simply increased production of newer models like the 19x to keep up with demand. They haven't stopped making anything. Glock does this with the RTF and different colors too. Along with the 17L.

I don't think there's any need to assume the sky is falling. Slowing production is just good business when other models are in more demand. Also, SOCOM adopted the Gen 3 just a year or two ago. They still need to provide guns for them. Also the Vickers models that are popular require Gen 3 parts. Remember too that they have many customers in other countries and making Glocks in Austria will continue regardless of the US market.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2018, 7:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808@515 View Post
Yeah, don't be in to much of a rush for that. You know the Cal DOJ will appeal and stall like they have been so far. There's no free bowl of soup here.
You can have them stall now or ten years from now. I say get it over with. They back-doored a complete semi auto pistol ban, and they have to answer for it.
Old 04-21-2018, 7:12 AM
Veteran Member

I bought a G19 a couple months ago just in case they really do slow production or phase them out.

It's one of the few really good on-roster polymer guns available to use, and it's relatively cheap compared to other handguns.

If you opened this thread and don't already have at least one of the gen 3 Glocks, then you probably go out and buy one. They don't seem to go down in value.

Even the uppers are holding their value as there's a million guys building polymer80's in the US and they are all bidding on the same few uppers.
Old 04-21-2018, 7:14 AM
Banned

If I'm not mistaken, Springfield Armory still produces for CA a 9mm 1911 that was discontinued years ago. Hopefully the civilian market in CA is large enough for Glock to continue producing the Gen 3s for us.
Old 04-21-2018, 7:17 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by floogy View Post
But so are the RTF models. I don't think it's difficult to assume that they've simply increased production of newer models like the 19x to keep up with demand. They haven't stopped making anything. Glock does this with the RTF and different colors too. Along with the 17L.

I don't think there's any need to assume the sky is falling. Slowing production is just good business when other models are in more demand. Also, SOCOM adopted the Gen 3 just a year or two ago. They still need to provide guns for them. Also the Vickers models that are popular require Gen 3 parts. Remember too that they have many customers in other countries and making Glocks in Austria will continue regardless of the US market.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Runs of the RTF and 17L are like once every 2 years. This was the first year (in 8) I was able to get my hands on any RTF2. Same with the OD green Gen3s.. I was able t get a few 6 months ago, but I only see those come up once a year or two..

So you're right, they haven't stopped. I was saying that Gen3s look like they are turning into special runs.. which means next time they show up that might be all the stock for the whole year... vs. 100s showing up at distributors replenishing stock monthly.

Also something like the Vickers model is still relatively low volume. I think only 1 of my 12 distributors carries that vs all 12 carry standard Gen3s.

Just because they make them for the military doesn't mean they will make them for civilian use. E.g., the military probably don't need ongoing supply.. they may just need their 5k at the beginning of each year (or whatever the number is).
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Old 04-21-2018, 7:35 AM
Veteran Member

Glocks don't hold their value so by discontinuing production of the gen 3's, this will increase demand. So instead of buying them for $450-$500, people will probably have to pay $550-$600 for a G19 gen 3 if Glock really stopped producing them.
Old 04-21-2018, 7:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcav View Post
Yeah the lower courts will rule that a handgun is not covered under the 2A or that revolvers are still available so therefore not an infringement, and the SCOTUS wont touch it ever.
Heller, by inference, held that the 2A protects weapons "typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes..." The roster ban violates that by definition.
Old 04-21-2018, 8:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

California is the 7th largest economy on the planet. The Austrians know a market when they see one.
Old 04-21-2018, 8:14 AM

Maybe the California " polymer gun market " slowed down, Glock doesn't see much profit in it anymore.
Old 04-21-2018, 8:59 AM

I think the real answer here is everyone needs to go out and buy a new glock to show corporate that there is still a demand in CA
Old 04-21-2018, 9:03 AM

I just bought a Gen3 19 from a member here, and fell in love!! I really wish glock would acknowlege us here in CA. The gen 5s look very appealing but k refuse to pay the off roster markup
Old 04-21-2018, 9:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eswrite View Post
Heller, by inference, held that the 2A protects weapons "typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes..." The roster ban violates that by definition.
Its only a matter of time before Heller is overturned. I dont even trust socalled "conservative" judges. All they care about is prohibiting abortion and gay marriage or increasing corporate rights. Gun rights are a threat to any government, liberal or conservative. Both liberals and conservatives strive for oneparty rule where they can have total control over the people inorder to serve the interests of the wealthy cultural elite. Many conservative elites dont even own any guns themselves other than some fancy skeet guns and hunting rifles, they can afford to live seperately from the unwashed masses with personal security. The more unarmed the rest of the populace is the better for them.
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.

Last edited by lightcav; 04-21-2018 at 9:12 AM..
Old 04-21-2018, 9:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
I think the real answer here is everyone needs to go out and buy a new glock to show corporate that there is still a demand in CA
Yes. I don't have a need for any new gun nowadays nor am I a Glock nut....but to help out, I may have to buy one.
Old 04-21-2018, 9:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
I did last month

In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.
Old 04-21-2018, 9:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Springfield is licking their chops. I guess I'll have to become an XD "fanboi". Haha.

Sounds like Sportsmans warehouse is a little overstocked with Glocks right now. LOL.

You can still get LE trade in Glock 22s for $299/$350 OTD at River City in Sacramento, if anyone is interested. They are in practically unused condition, slight holster wear, strong night sights.

Maybe people will finally breakeven on their zev customs.
River City also has "Excellent Condition" Sig p220R's with night sights for $699

I hear a story like this about a Glock Rep said Gen3's are discontinued... every year.

If and when you verify the story was pulled out of a butt, please out the slime ball that lied about it.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
River City also has "Excellent Condition" Sig p220R's with night sights for $699

I hear a story like this about a Glock Rep said Gen3's are discontinued... every year.

If and when you verify the story was pulled out of a butt, please out the slime ball that lied about it.
Jack at Sportsmans Warehouse in Rancho Cordova is the one that started this one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2018, 10:10 AM

I put a deposit on a Glock 17 on March 26 at Alquist Arms in Turlock. The vendor notified me it was in on April 21. I do not know how long they were out of stock before I ordered.

I was a bit surprised how long it took, so perhaps this is a sign of the times.

At least I am helping Glock stay alive in CA!

They have 5 in stock as of this morning, 4/21. $499.
--P
Old 04-21-2018, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX9ALLDAY View Post
I just bought a Gen3 19 from a member here, and fell in love!! I really wish glock would acknowlege us here in CA. The gen 5s look very appealing but k refuse to pay the off roster markup
They cannot get the new guns on roster. It is impossible due to the stupid laws.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:02 AM
Calguns Addict

How does this start?

Aug 2013 https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...78&postcount=1
Quote:
Glock discontinuing some Gen 3 production models and all 'C' models
From Glock Talk: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1500576
Quote:
We will be discontinuing the following models:
"Gen3 20/21, 29/30
ALL“C” Models will be discontinued
The SF models will remain in production.
That happened. Then....

Mar 2014 http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...06&postcount=1
Quote:
Heard at work yesterday that Glock will end production of Hen 3 Glocks. Did not hear anything on time frame.
Aug 2014 http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...84&postcount=3
Quote:
Well from what the Glock Rep said at Glock Day Gen 3 will be discounted at the end of 2015. As for me I like and trust the Gen 3 more then the Gen4
Nov 2014 http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...29&postcount=8
Quote:
I read earlier this year that Glock was quoted off record by an industry source (sorry, can't remember who) as stating that production of the Gen 3 pistols could end as early as 2015. Since that time no one has backed up the statement that I can see
~SNIP~
Apr 2018 http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...83&postcount=1
Quote:
I just talked to Jack at Sportsmans Warehouse in Rancho Cordova. Jack said that gen 3 Glocks will no longer be produced and phased out in the next 12 months
Eventually, production may be halted altogether, but we’ve been worrying about this due to rock-solid reporting for a lot of years.

Glock needs to focus on market share with its new Gen pistols. That takes up production and distribution resources. That’s bound to cut into G3 production/distribution which will be seen more in California due to the roster.

I suspect, as with the G-17L, the G3 guns will eventually be on special production run each year, but that won’t happen until the G4/5 saturation is complete.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 04-21-2018 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: Thanks UGI
Old 04-21-2018, 11:04 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
How does this start?

Aug 2013 https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...78&postcount=1

Mar 2014 http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...06&postcount=1

Aug 2014 http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...84&postcount=3
Nov 2014 http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...29&postcount=8
~SNIP~
Apr 2018 http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...83&postcount=1Eventually, production may be halted altogether, but we’ve been worrying about this due to rock-solid reporting for a lot of years.

Glock needs to focus on market share with its new Gen pistols. That takes up production and distribution resources. That’s bound to cut into G3 production/distribution which will be seen more in California due to the roster.

I suspect, as with the G-17L, the G3 guns will eventually be on special production run each year, but that won’t happen until the G4/5 saturation is complete.

The bolded one did occur.
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Old 04-21-2018, 11:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
The bolded one did occur.
Thanks. I did mean to clarify that. It sets the stage for the rest.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:26 PM

Just got my first ever handgun last week, G23
Old 04-22-2018, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 5.0L View Post
Just got my first ever handgun last week, G23
Excellent choice!
Old 04-22-2018, 9:25 AM

Default Good time to stock up

this is a good excuse to buy a new Gen 3 GLOCK asap

especially if you always wanted one or dont have a certain model yet

if this rumor is true, expect to see a shortage by next year, then you will be saying I should have bought a few extra for my son's or family members

Last edited by omega; 04-22-2018 at 9:27 AM..
Old 04-22-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcassonne View Post
I did last month

Me Too, this Month ALSO! LOL
Old 04-22-2018, 10:31 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Sounds like as good of an excuse if any to buy a new pistol
CGN CONTRIBUTOR
Old 04-23-2018, 9:28 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Glock could keep them active on the roster for a while since there are probably tens of thousands of used gen 3s in the other states that could be imported into CA as long as the model remains on the roster. Still probably lots of LE trade ins that Glock could unload on the CA market.
That makes great sense. I think roster renewal isvonly a couple hundred bucks and it keeps a huge market open so that other non-CA folks can sell their old gen3s for full price and buy s new gen Glock. So it helps Glock our by letting owners have a way to recover money of new products.

Remember to dial 1 before 911.

Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

There. Are. Four. Lights!
Old 04-23-2018, 9:42 AM
Head Janitor

GOOD!! I hope it's true!

Like them or not Glocks are one of the most prolific handguns out there right now. People who aren't that in to firearms know the name and when they look at buying the 'just one gun for protection' many ask about Glocks.

If they stop making them maybe a lot of these 'part time/not my problem/uninformed' gun owners will wake the hell up and get involved in fighting back.

Some might even get off their damn butts and do something revolutionary like voting!
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 04-23-2018, 9:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Respectfully,
I'd read but don't have a source, Glock will continue the Gen 3 with two ten rounders for CA,
and followed up with a Glock rep who told me the exact same thing.

Glock will continue to produce Gen 3 with 2 ten rounders for CA, for the time being.

Heard it second hand, sourced from a poker game.

Seriously, I spoke to the Glock Rep,

over coffee and Baileys.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Just on this hearsay rumor, I went ahead and ordered a Glock 19 from Sportsman's Warehouse since obviously... everyone but me has one...

Old 04-23-2018, 1:28 PM

I have a GSSF coupon burning a hole in my pocket anyways. This is as good an excuse as any to use it