Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:37 AM
👀They’re Watching 👀
CGN Contributor

Default Springfield do away with rostered 1911 “Loaded” Models?

Was looking on Springfield’s website for some specs, and don’t see the Loaded Target 9mm and .45 that are on the CA roster. Anyone hear anything on this? Did they stop production of these models? Only ones showing now have rails...

Tac-Tags.com

Last edited by 9mmContagion; 04-10-2018 at 12:13 PM..
Old 04-10-2018, 11:42 AM

The stainless one is gone on SA website.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:27 PM

They only do specific quantities for Ca from what I understand. I did pick a loaded 9mm up this year. They were gone for a while but then they sent a shipment to CA only. Dan Wesson, CZ and select others do this as well. But who knows for her much longer..................

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2018, 1:00 PM

I can see the loaded 45 on my end: https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...5-acp/#PX9151L
Old 04-10-2018, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiti View Post
Yeah but would you buy another one?
Old 04-10-2018, 1:02 PM

Not the target model

Old 04-10-2018, 1:41 PM
👀They’re Watching 👀
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl_T-Pot View Post
They only do specific quantities for Ca from what I understand. I did pick a loaded 9mm up this year. They were gone for a while but then they sent a shipment to CA only. Dan Wesson, CZ and select others do this as well. But who knows for her much longer..................

Yeah I’m aware of the production for CA only, but they used to always have it on the website. I’ll call them and see what the deal is.

Tac-Tags.com
Old 04-10-2018, 1:45 PM

if everyone just stopped supporting the roster would we have a leg to stand on in the courts to get regular pistols like other states?
Old 04-10-2018, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGunny View Post
if everyone just stopped supporting the roster would we have a leg to stand on in the courts to get regular pistols like other states?

Maybe, if these 500 dollar guns stopped going for 12-1800 dollars. People might buy from a private party, but these prices are rediculous.

Old 04-10-2018, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Maybe, if these 500 dollar guns stopped going for 12-1800 dollars. People might buy from a private party, but these prices are rediculous.

Maybe if people stopped supporting gun companies that are anti 2a they would pull their heads outta their a**
Old 04-10-2018, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXRifleManXx View Post
Maybe if people stopped supporting gun companies that are anti 2a they would pull their heads outta their a**

I second that! Most people have a hard time keeping up on the politics.

Old 04-10-2018, 3:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Keep looking...they will show up eventually...and there will be a premium added for your desire to buy new in Kommiefornia...

The 9mm Loaded is a great shooter...
Old 04-10-2018, 3:53 PM
👀They’re Watching 👀
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmy View Post
Keep looking...they will show up eventually...and there will be a premium added for your desire to buy new in Kommiefornia...

The 9mm Loaded is a great shooter...
I own one, but was just looking for some info on it on there website and couldn’t find anything.

Tac-Tags.com
Old 04-10-2018, 5:33 PM

Your best bet is to just send S-A an email asking them what you want to know.

Old 04-10-2018, 8:28 PM
Levers, the original AW
CGN Contributor

sure glad I got mine out of jail 2 weeks ago...what a great gun. I was actually thinking of getting one with a rail next, this is such a great gun. My first 1911 and I can say not my last.
Old 04-11-2018, 6:51 AM

Eliminate all exemptions from the roster. That will make it go away. Nobody should be able to buy a gun that is not on the SAFE handgun roster. Not even cops or politicians.

And eliminate all exemptions for all laws. If I am limited to ten rounds, then cops, feds and politicians should also be limited to ten rounds.
Old 04-11-2018, 7:10 AM

I couldn't deem guns on the roster safe, there are much better firearms out there with better metallurgy and designs than what is on there now.

For example CZ, out of the 3 I've owned I have broken over 30 times the firing pin roll pin and trigger return spring. I've literally invested the cost of the gun in those parts as much as it costed me to buy new. The reason I went to Glock and Beretta and 1911, and always a fan S&W revolvers.

Glock gen 4 aren't on roster and they are a better design, same as the gen 5 than the gen 3.

Beretta are just amazing and have little flaws that can easily and cheaply be remedied.

Hk USP are just junk

And Sig's are good but not the CA models.

XD are ok, but not original.

1911, what can I say amazing. It's like a grandfather clock built in the early 1900s.

I'm extremely biased about our selection of guns and there is very little to be had that's any good.

Sorry if I offend any one, I don't baby my stuff I use them like a craftsmen's tool. Because of I had to rely on it I know I can trust it to get the job done, and if one goes down, I'll always have a backup.

This rant is meant not to be a contravenes Amit manufactures, but the list itself.

Old 04-11-2018, 7:30 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
I own one, but was just looking for some info on it on there website and couldn’t find anything.
Quote:
Your best bet is to just send S-A an email asking them what you want to know.
^^^^This^^^^ SA's customer service is top shelf.

If anyone is looking for this gem I have one left in stock @ $143 below retail. It is in my ad link in my signature line.

TinStarSupply@aol.com

The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazoE
I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.
Old 04-11-2018, 7:42 AM
👀They’re Watching 👀
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I couldn't deem guns on the roster safe, there are much better firearms out there with better metallurgy and designs than what is on there now.

For example CZ, out of the 3 I've owned I have broken over 30 times the firing pin roll pin and trigger return spring. I've literally invested the cost of the gun in those parts as much as it costed me to buy new. The reason I went to Glock and Beretta and 1911, and always a fan S&W revolvers.

Glock gen 4 aren't on roster and they are a better design, same as the gen 5 than the gen 3.

Beretta are just amazing and have little flaws that can easily and cheaply be remedied.

Hk USP are just junk

And Sig's are good but not the CA models.

XD are ok, but not original.

1911, what can I say amazing. It's like a grandfather clock built in the early 1900s.

I'm extremely biased about our selection of guns and there is very little to be had that's any good.

Sorry if I offend any one, I don't baby my stuff I use them like a craftsmen's tool. Because of I had to rely on it I know I can trust it to get the job done, and if one goes down, I'll always have a backup.

This rant is meant not to be a contravenes Amit manufactures, but the list itself.

30 times?!? Come on now! Have you considered contacting CZ about this?

What makes Sigs any better out of state, than CA? Other than LCI or MD, which have nothing to do with function. Ugly? Absolutely! But that does nothing for function.

And HK Junk?! Man, I don’t know about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzernie View Post

If anyone is looking for this gem I have one left in stock @ $143 below retail. It is in my ad link in my signature line.
Damn good deal! Good on you for offering great deals. That’s a low price for the used market. I sold one used last year for $900, immediately regretted it! Luckily came across a steal on one for $750 9mm 1911s are my favorite pistols

Tac-Tags.com
Old 04-11-2018, 8:26 AM

Quote:
Hk USP are just junk

Why is the USP junk?

Last edited by tomrkba; 04-11-2018 at 8:29 AM..
Old 04-11-2018, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
30 times?!? Come on now! Have you considered contacting CZ about this?

What makes Sigs any better out of state, than CA? Other than LCI or MD, which have nothing to do with function. Ugly? Absolutely! But that does nothing for function.

And HK Junk?! Man, I don’t know about that!

Damn good deal! Good on you for offering great deals. That’s a low price for the used market. I sold one used last year for $900, immediately regretted it! Luckily came across a steal on one for $750 9mm 1911s are my favorite pistols

I did not like the Double action on both guns, the hk was tolerable, but I didn't like the CZ original design. The Omega is better and the TS as well. The single action is ok, where the disconnectors doesn't got the trigger bar causing a forward Motrin while your point the trigger to the rear in double action. I shot mostly double action and put a lot of stress on the return spring. My Rami broke the most, the sp01 broke a few times and my 97b broke once. I have I think 2 springs left. That's what put the me over the edge with them. The light hammer spring only allowed the springs to last longer. I only broke trigger springs quickly when I had the factory weight hammer spring in. My guns were cajunized as well.

The Hk I owned was an expert 45 and it was the most accurate 45 I had, but the tolerances in the trigger group were sloppy and I wasn't happy with the double action grittiness, even after Polishing and TiCN coating. Also the grip was funky to me, it had no traction for my rough hands. If I ever got another hk it would have to be the mark 23 or a newer p-series. But even the p-series feels like a squashed bannana just like the CZ, and I wasn't fond of it.

The sig I would have to have in single action because I am just too used to a certain manual of arms. I kept hitting slide stop. I could have deleted the slide stop all together. I'm no competition shooter by any means, I'm just used to a certain way. More training with the sig and I might be ok, but I am trading mine for another Beretta.

My statements were only to agree with the OP opinion of getting rid of the roster. Just because they past a test doesn't mean they are safe.

If my CZ broke, which it has after 1 round and 3 rounds before, I wouldn't be in a safe situation. I could loss my life in a defensive scenario. The HK is personal preference and same for the Sig, the Sig trigger is far superior than anything on the market by design as far as DA/SA standard are concerned IMO, but I have no where to put my off hand palm and my fat thumbs keep hitting the slide stop. That's why I say of roster Sigs might be better, due to my justification for wanting a SAO Sig, which we have ZERO on roster. The extra unnecessary safety's on them are always debatable but, I do not prefer them, especially in a heavy DA/Sa gun.

But the OP is talking about SA loaded models and why they are not on their website. I hope SA was able to get back to you and answer your questions.

Oh and by the way both HK and CZ beat any of my other guns in the accuracy department, just not overall. And I can't afford to let something I don't like sit in the safe, so if you dislike Berettas I'm always looking.

And as far as the roster is concerned, they need to allow threaded barrels on pistols so I can use my Beretta barrel bushing. Then that might be a different story. But that's a whole different topic.

Last edited by Cpl_T-Pot; 04-11-2018 at 9:30 PM..
Old 04-22-2018, 3:38 PM

Deleted

Last edited by Cpl_T-Pot; 04-22-2018 at 4:03 PM..
Old 04-22-2018, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzernie View Post

Plug for Ernie. I actually bought one of these from him and it was a good experience.