Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 05-23-2019, 9:47 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,344
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
Did you watch the video? He says the NRA supports the Stop School Violence Act, which does not have any form of due process. He talks about how the feds should give states money for adopting their own red flag laws, again, of which NONE have any form of due process. Yes, he says it should have due process, but the ones he says the NRA are supporting don't contain it. He also says congress needs to pass Sen. Cornyn's enhanced background check bill, which is again, a sh*t bill. It offers financial incentives to agencies to report people as unstable. You think those agencies give a crap if they falsely report someone? All that bill will do is make these agencies report anyone even remotely considered "off" so that they can get some of that fed money.
Once again, what specific red flag bill does the NRA support? It is specifically stated in the video that any red flag bill needs to have due process protections.

Where does the Stop School Violence Act take firearms from people?
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ext?format=txt

Where does the Fix NICS bill offer financial incentives to report anyone that doesn't qualify? You are projecting your feelings and imagination and dishonestly claiming them as fact.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...bill/2135/text

I bet that you also believe the garbage that the GOA was putting out claiming that Fix NICS Act added categories of prohibited people and that simply getting a traffic ticket would make you a prohibited person.

Bloviating on a topic when you don't know what you are talking about doesn't really work for you.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 05-23-2019, 9:50 PM
TTT TTT is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 496
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

I have to say, some of the posters here have really opened my eyes. I mean, Holy Cow, can you imagine graft and corruption in a multi-million dollar lobbying organization? Can you imagine the guy who runs one of the most effective lobbying firms in history collecting an exorbitant salary and renting an apartment for his mistress? The horror! I just sent $250 to the NRA-ILA, if Wayne LaPierre puts $200 of that in his pocket and uses the remaining $50 to do what they’ve been doing, I AM HAPPY AS A CLAM!! Do you think Hillary Clinton likened the NRA to ISIS and Iran because the NRA is ineffective? Do you think every Democratic candidate for President bad-mouths the NRA because the NRA is so mired in corruption it can’t do its job? DEMOCRATS HATE THE NRA BECAUSE THE NRA HAS RUBBED THEIR GUN-HATING NOSES IN THE DIRT. I don’t demand perfection of the NRA, I only ask that they hurt the people who hate me for owning a firearm for self-defense as much as possible, and they have done that in spades.

Now, if your high-mindedness doesn’t allow you to tolerate the impurity of the NRA’s finances, by all means send you money to the GOA. But your ROI is zero- the GOA has done nothing to protect gun rights, it is an entirely ineffectual organization. So please, take your exorbitant delicacy somewhere else. The NRA is it, they are the winning team for gun owners. It’s crystal clear and any BS about bump stocks and red-flags is just that…BS.
__________________
Liberty, simplest definition- Not having to tolerate stupid people telling you what to do.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 05-23-2019, 10:14 PM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 369
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT View Post
I have to say, some of the posters here have really opened my eyes. I mean, Holy Cow, can you imagine graft and corruption in a multi-million dollar lobbying organization? Can you imagine the guy who runs one of the most effective lobbying firms in history collecting an exorbitant salary and renting an apartment for his mistress? The horror! I just sent $250 to the NRA-ILA, if Wayne LaPierre puts $200 of that in his pocket and uses the remaining $50 to do what they’ve been doing, I AM HAPPY AS A CLAM!! Do you think Hillary Clinton likened the NRA to ISIS and Iran because the NRA is ineffective? Do you think every Democratic candidate for President bad-mouths the NRA because the NRA is so mired in corruption it can’t do its job? DEMOCRATS HATE THE NRA BECAUSE THE NRA HAS RUBBED THEIR GUN-HATING NOSES IN THE DIRT. I don’t demand perfection of the NRA, I only ask that they hurt the people who hate me for owning a firearm for self-defense as much as possible, and they have done that in spades.

Now, if your high-mindedness doesn’t allow you to tolerate the impurity of the NRA’s finances, by all means send you money to the GOA. But your ROI is zero- the GOA has done nothing to protect gun rights, it is an entirely ineffectual organization. So please, take your exorbitant delicacy somewhere else. The NRA is it, they are the winning team for gun owners. It’s crystal clear and any BS about bump stocks and red-flags is just that…BS.
If you're fine giving your money to that, that's your decision. The GOA, while not perfect, has done quite a bit to protect gun rights, and while unlikely, are currently trying to get some federal gun control overturned. At least they're trying. The NRA has supported almost every major federal gun control bill we've had in the last 100 years. In my opinion, I'd rather give money to a less effective group than donate to the enemy that's selling out our rights.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 05-23-2019, 10:25 PM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 369
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
Once again, what specific red flag bill does the NRA support? It is specifically stated in the video that any red flag bill needs to have due process protections.

Where does the Stop School Violence Act take firearms from people?
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ext?format=txt

Where does the Fix NICS bill offer financial incentives to report anyone that doesn't qualify? You are projecting your feelings and imagination and dishonestly claiming them as fact.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...bill/2135/text

I bet that you also believe the garbage that the GOA was putting out claiming that Fix NICS Act added categories of prohibited people and that simply getting a traffic ticket would make you a prohibited person.

Bloviating on a topic when you don't know what you are talking about doesn't really work for you.
The original Fix NICS bill at that time, S.2135, did include grants for states that complied.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...nate-bill/2135

As far as HR 4909, I had that confused with another bill. It is still a bad bill as it includes Fix NICS in it.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 05-23-2019, 10:32 PM
Iminocca's Avatar
Iminocca Iminocca is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 225
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT View Post
I have to say, some of the posters here have really opened my eyes. I mean, Holy Cow, can you imagine graft and corruption in a multi-million dollar lobbying organization? Can you imagine the guy who runs one of the most effective lobbying firms in history collecting an exorbitant salary and renting an apartment for his mistress? The horror! I just sent $250 to the NRA-ILA, if Wayne LaPierre puts $200 of that in his pocket and uses the remaining $50 to do what they’ve been doing, I AM HAPPY AS A CLAM!! Do you think Hillary Clinton likened the NRA to ISIS and Iran because the NRA is ineffective? Do you think every Democratic candidate for President bad-mouths the NRA because the NRA is so mired in corruption it can’t do its job? DEMOCRATS HATE THE NRA BECAUSE THE NRA HAS RUBBED THEIR GUN-HATING NOSES IN THE DIRT. I don’t demand perfection of the NRA, I only ask that they hurt the people who hate me for owning a firearm for self-defense as much as possible, and they have done that in spades.

Now, if your high-mindedness doesn’t allow you to tolerate the impurity of the NRA’s finances, by all means send you money to the GOA. But your ROI is zero- the GOA has done nothing to protect gun rights, it is an entirely ineffectual organization. So please, take your exorbitant delicacy somewhere else. The NRA is it, they are the winning team for gun owners. It’s crystal clear and any BS about bump stocks and red-flags is just that…BS.

Exactly right! Been a member for decades and a life member now, also belong to the CRPA and contribute to Calguns. Just because we can't all walk around with concealed suppressed machine guns that we bought online doesn't mean the NRA has failed. The infighting and sometimes irrational criticism expressed here is our real weakness...we need to be more like family, defend each other against the opposition even if we think each other is wrong, we can sort out our own differences later. Our opposition is a whole lot more unified than we are and it's working for them. You may not like the NRA, but if they go away there is NO ONE ELSE that can do what they do, not all the other pro 2A organizations put together can fill their shoes. They are under attack because they are so effective, not because they are corrupt...the opposition doesn't really care about that. Is anyone on the left criticizing GOA? SAF? Any other pro 2A group? Of course not, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MOVING THE NEEDLE TO PROTECT OUT RIGHTS.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-23-2019, 10:38 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,344
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
The original Fix NICS bill at that time, S.2135, did include grants for states that complied.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...nate-bill/2135

As far as HR 4909, I had that confused with another bill. It is still a bad bill as it includes Fix NICS in it.
Once again, What red flag law does the NRA support that doesn't have due process protections in it, All you have to do is name one, any one. It's very telling that you keep dodging and refuse to support your argument by naming one single bill.

Where does ANY version of a Fix NICS bill offer financial incentives to report anyone that doesn't qualify? Your imagination does not count.

Time and time again, you have shown that you simply don't know what you are talking about. You're like a DonaldBabbett clone that spews a bunch of nonsense and just keeps on spewing no matter how many times he is shown to be wrong.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05-23-2019, 11:31 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,344
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
As far as HR 4909, I had that confused with another bill. It is still a bad bill as it includes Fix NICS in it.
No, it doesn't.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...bill/4909/text
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 05-23-2019 at 11:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05-24-2019, 8:27 AM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,822
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT View Post
I have to say, some of the posters here have really opened my eyes. I mean, Holy Cow, can you imagine graft and corruption in a multi-million dollar lobbying organization? Can you imagine the guy who runs one of the most effective lobbying firms in history collecting an exorbitant salary and renting an apartment for his mistress? The horror! I just sent $250 to the NRA-ILA, if Wayne LaPierre puts $200 of that in his pocket and uses the remaining $50 to do what they’ve been doing, I AM HAPPY AS A CLAM!! Do you think Hillary Clinton likened the NRA to ISIS and Iran because the NRA is ineffective? Do you think every Democratic candidate for President bad-mouths the NRA because the NRA is so mired in corruption it can’t do its job? DEMOCRATS HATE THE NRA BECAUSE THE NRA HAS RUBBED THEIR GUN-HATING NOSES IN THE DIRT. I don’t demand perfection of the NRA, I only ask that they hurt the people who hate me for owning a firearm for self-defense as much as possible, and they have done that in spades.

Now, if your high-mindedness doesn’t allow you to tolerate the impurity of the NRA’s finances, by all means send you money to the GOA. But your ROI is zero- the GOA has done nothing to protect gun rights, it is an entirely ineffectual organization. So please, take your exorbitant delicacy somewhere else. The NRA is it, they are the winning team for gun owners. It’s crystal clear and any BS about bump stocks and red-flags is just that…BS.
I do not believe the charges against Wayne La Pierre are valid. That said I agree with you 100%!

Thanx for a well crafted, articulate, relevant post !

Another thanx to the OP who not only set the record straight, but managed to expose the NRA bashers as ignorant petty, media fed chumps!
__________________
"Both socialism & communism require a commitment to the use of force. You cannot decide what to do with the other guy’s money unless you are committed to use force to take that money from him..."
Rick Kelo
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 05-24-2019, 9:10 AM
cannon's Avatar
cannon cannon is offline
New Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mojave Desert
Posts: 8,136
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
Any proof of that?
Of course. Look at their published financial disclosures. Simple and easy to do.
__________________
I let my wife choose my hobby.
I said I either wanted to chase younger women or shoot.

Here I am.

"I'm for Hoffa until they pat my face with a shovel and steal my cufflinks." Frank Sheerin. Man who admitted killing Hoffa
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 05-24-2019, 11:06 AM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 369
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Ok.. please list all gun rights successes that involved the GOA alone? Here is your opportunity to truly make your case...




So I would ask...
1) What are they "trying" to do that eve you admit is a waste of time and money?

2) Why is GOA unlikely to get said federal gun control overturned?
You're a big boy, go look it up yourself. As far as your question, are you serious? Why is it unlikely that the law regulating sbr/sbs, suppressors, and mgs would get overturned? Why do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 05-24-2019, 11:06 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,405
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
The GOA... has done quite a bit to protect gun rights,
Ok.. please list all gun rights successes that involved the GOA alone? Here is your opportunity to truly make your case...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
...and while unlikely, are currently trying to get some federal gun control overturned.
So I would ask...

1) What are they "trying" to do that even you admit is "unlikely" and therefore a waste of time and money?

2) Why is GOA unlikely to get said federal gun control overturned?
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 05-24-2019, 11:18 AM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 369
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Ok.. please list all gun rights successes that involved the GOA alone? Here is your opportunity to truly make your case...




So I would ask...

1) What are they "trying" to do that even you admit is "unlikely" and therefore a waste of time and money?

2) Why is GOA unlikely to get said federal gun control overturned?
Are you just going to keep reposting the same thing? I have better things to do than be your research monkey. Go look it up yourself. Or have you lost the ability to use Googlefu?
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 05-24-2019, 11:55 AM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,344
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
Are you just going to keep reposting the same thing? I have better things to do than be your research monkey. Go look it up yourself. Or have you lost the ability to use Googlefu?
Apparently you have better things to do than your own research also.
But then again, who needs research when you can just make bogus claims and ignore the facts when you are proven wrong.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 05-24-2019, 12:15 PM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 369
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
Apparently you have better things to do than your own research also.
But then again, who needs research when you can just make bogus claims and ignore the facts when you are proven wrong.
I see no reason to continue the debate when you can't seem to read. No matter what it is, I don't see how anyone on this forum could support any form of gun control at this point. No matter what it is or how insignificant it may be, we don't need a single additional gun law. Nothing will make a difference. Especially in the current political climate, the NRA should NEVER be siding with the dems on gun related bills. We clearly have a difference of opinion and that's not going to change. I have better things to do than participate in the armchair keyboard commando wars of Calguns. I come here for entertainment, not to see even more how sad and nutless our community has become.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 05-24-2019, 12:26 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,344
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
I see no reason to continue the debate when you can't seem to read. No matter what it is, I don't see how anyone on this forum could support any form of gun control at this point. No matter what it is or how insignificant it may be, we don't need a single additional gun law. Nothing will make a difference. Especially in the current political climate, the NRA should NEVER be siding with the dems on gun related bills. We clearly have a difference of opinion and that's not going to change. I have better things to do than participate in the armchair keyboard commando wars of Calguns. I come here for entertainment, not to see even more how sad and nutless our community has become.
You haven't been debating. Debating requires one to provide factual information and answer specific questions in order to support their position. All you have been doing is dodging specific questions, posting bogus information, and pretending that your feelings and imagination are the same as facts. Pretty much every claim that you have made has been proven wrong.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 05-24-2019, 12:30 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,405
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
Are you just going to keep reposting the same thing? I have better things to do than be your research monkey. Go look it up yourself. Or have you lost the ability to use Googlefu?
The only actual thing that GOA did in 2018 besides isue a lot of postured policy statements and press releases, was to file an amicus brief in support of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v City of New York, challenging NYC's ban on transporting unloaded handguns outside city limits.

NOTE.. it is the NY State rifle and pistol association that carefully selected this case so that IT WOULD BE HEARD by SCOTUS as well as paid all the expenses for it from inception.

Oh by the way... he New York State Rifle & Pistol Association is the state’s largest and nation’s oldest firearms advocacy organization. Since 1871, our organization has been dedicated to the preservation of Second Amendment rights, firearm safety, education and training, and the shooting sports. Our membership consists of individuals and clubs throughout the state. We are a not-for-profit 501(c)4 organization and the official NRA-affiliated State Association in New York.

A worthless amicus brief.. that was it for GOA in 2018 other than making a lot of noise and doing NOTHING: https://gunowners.org/topten2018/

And 2017, more press releases, opinions and some unsuccessful lobbying...
https://gunowners.org/topten2017/

Again, nothing but an amicus brief filed in a 4th amendment case that didnt even involve firearms.

2016 ..nothing significant but lots of press releases and "helping" in court cases.. always bey an amicus brief or a press release.. never actually developing and FUNDING an pro gun court challenge of its own.

Lots of claims of "non specific" help and assisance.. nothing concrete.

GOA... ALL TALK (to the people drinking their KoolAid)
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 05-24-2019, 12:34 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,405
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

It looks like "executive" Larry Pratt and his cohorts are paid 11% of the "GOA take" every year as their personal compensation...

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...ions/521256643

According to thier IRS form 990.. they do not do anything but 'advocacy"...I dont see any big legal expenses on form nor do they claim to be doing any legal work.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...9300310/IRS990

I am also curious what their $1,240,575 in assets would be?
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 05-24-2019 at 12:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 05-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Noble Cause Noble Cause is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Posts: 2,524
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT View Post
I have to say, some of the posters here have really opened my eyes. I mean, Holy Cow, can you imagine graft and corruption in a multi-million dollar lobbying organization? Can you imagine the guy who runs one of the most effective lobbying firms in history collecting an exorbitant salary and renting an apartment for his mistress? The horror! I just sent $250 to the NRA-ILA, if Wayne LaPierre puts $200 of that in his pocket and uses the remaining $50 to do what they’ve been doing, I AM HAPPY AS A CLAM!! Do you think Hillary Clinton likened the NRA to ISIS and Iran because the NRA is ineffective? Do you think every Democratic candidate for President bad-mouths the NRA because the NRA is so mired in corruption it can’t do its job? DEMOCRATS HATE THE NRA BECAUSE THE NRA HAS RUBBED THEIR GUN-HATING NOSES IN THE DIRT. I don’t demand perfection of the NRA, I only ask that they hurt the people who hate me for owning a firearm for self-defense as much as possible, and they have done that in spades.

Now, if your high-mindedness doesn’t allow you to tolerate the impurity of the NRA’s finances, by all means send you money to the GOA. But your ROI is zero- the GOA has done nothing to protect gun rights, it is an entirely ineffectual organization. So please, take your exorbitant delicacy somewhere else. The NRA is it, they are the winning team for gun owners. It’s crystal clear and any BS about bump stocks and red-flags is just that…BS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iminocca View Post
Exactly right! Been a member for decades and a life member now, also belong to the CRPA and contribute to Calguns. Just because we can't all walk around with concealed suppressed machine guns that we bought online doesn't mean the NRA has failed. The infighting and sometimes irrational criticism expressed here is our real weakness...we need to be more like family, defend each other against the opposition even if we think each other is wrong, we can sort out our own differences later. Our opposition is a whole lot more unified than we are and it's working for them. You may not like the NRA, but if they go away there is NO ONE ELSE that can do what they do, not all the other pro 2A organizations put together can fill their shoes. They are under attack because they are so effective, not because they are corrupt...the opposition doesn't really care about that. Is anyone on the left criticizing GOA? SAF? Any other pro 2A group? Of course not, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MOVING THE NEEDLE TO PROTECT OUT RIGHTS.
Emphasis mine.

For those of you following this Thread, the two responses above, for the
most part, correctly summarizes the issues at hand.

GOA (Gun Owners of America), the "No Comprise" organization is simply
not very effective, especially when compared to the "Imperfect" NRA.

And I Like GOA's Rhetoric, but I'm enough of a Realist to know that its
Rhetoric is not an effective strategy in today's political climate.

I want to see Effective and Meaningful results, and GOA simply doesn't
have the ability to deliver, as a simple inspection of them shows:

GOA claims Membership of: 2 Million
https://gunowners.org/goa-welcomes-k...al-carry-club/

NRA claims Membership of: 6 Million
https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/a...illion-strong/
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...trong-n2485029

In addition, Pew Research shows even larger support for NRA:

Pew Poll: 14 Million Americans Identify As NRA Members
The Truth About Guns. JUL 14, 2018
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...s-nra-members/
Quote:
"All of this — the millions of actual members plus the millions more or
identify as members of the NRA — are the source of the organization’s
power. They’re one of the most dedicated, aware and active groups in
America. They are what provide the political clout the NRA wields in
national politics."



In addition, a simple review of GOA's Form 990 from 2017 (the
most recent available) shows rather anemic results:

https://apps.irs.gov/pub/epostcard/c...1916023046.pdf

GOA 2017 Total Revenue.....$2,276,537

Salaries / Compensation: $793,968 (34.9% of Revenue)

Listed Lobbying Amount: ZERO



So if you want to "Feel Good" about your Inflexible "No Compromise"
stance, but not get anything of significance accomplished, support GOA.
And I don't mean to disparage them, its just a factual observation.

I think there are many patriotic members in GOA who mean well, and
if Bloomberg and the Democrats, along with their Mass Media Minions
were attacking GOA in an attempt to neutralize them, I would stand
with GOA against the assault.


If you want to actually get things done in regards to protecting the 2A,
especially into the future, you need to support the NRA/NRA-ILA & CRPA,
even with their Imperfect Nature, just like in supporting Trump, who
is also an Imperfect Ally, but our only Viable Choice at this moment
in time.

The Best Winning Strategy for 2A Rights continues to be, despite all
the recent upheavals, is to Support:

NRA/NRA-ILA & CRPA
President Trump
Republican Party



Noble

Last edited by Noble Cause; 05-24-2019 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 05-24-2019, 7:31 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,822
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Cause View Post
Emphasis mine.

For those of you following this Thread, the two responses above, for the
most part, correctly summarizes the issues at hand.

GOA (Gun Owners of America), the "No Comprise" organization is simply
not very effective, especially when compared to the "Imperfect" NRA.

And I Like GOA's Rhetoric, but I'm enough of a Realist to know that its
Rhetoric is not an effective strategy in today's political climate.

I want to see Effective and Meaningful results, and GOA simply doesn't
have the ability to deliver, as a simple inspection of them shows:

GOA claims Membership of: 2 Million
https://gunowners.org/goa-welcomes-k...al-carry-club/

NRA claims Membership of: 6 Million
https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/a...illion-strong/
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...trong-n2485029

In addition, Pew Research shows even larger support for NRA:

Pew Poll: 14 Million Americans Identify As NRA Members
The Truth About Guns. JUL 14, 2018
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...s-nra-members/
Quote:
"All of this — the millions of actual members plus the millions more or
identify as members of the NRA — are the source of the organization’s
power. They’re one of the most dedicated, aware and active groups in
America. They are what provide the political clout the NRA wields in
national politics."



In addition, a simple review of GOA's Form 990 from 2017 (the
most recent available) shows rather anemic results:

https://apps.irs.gov/pub/epostcard/c...1916023046.pdf

GOA 2017 Total Revenue.....$2,276,537

Salaries / Compensation: $793,968 (34.9% of Revenue)

Listed Lobbying Amount: ZERO



So if you want to "Feel Good" about your Inflexible "No Compromise"
stance, but not get anything of significance accomplished, support GOA.
And I don't mean to disparage them, its just a factual observation.

I think there are many patriotic members in GOA who mean well, and
if Bloomberg and the Democrats, along with their Mass Media Minions
were attacking GOA in an attempt to neutralize them, I would stand
with GOA against the assault.


If you want to actually get things done in regards to protecting the 2A,
especially into the future, you need to support the NRA/NRA-ILA & CRPA,
even with their Imperfect Nature, just like in supporting Trump, who
is also an Imperfect Ally, but our only Viable Choice at this moment
in time.

The Best Winning Strategy for 2A Rights continues to be, despite all
the recent upheavals, is to Support:

NRA/NRA-ILA & CRPA
President Trump
Republican Party



Noble
Noble 1st off I always enjoy, agree and learn something from your frequent posts!
That said I believe Trump is a perfect ally and he has exceeded everything I could ever expect or want.
Do you have an example of where he could be improve ?
As I see it he made only one comment that is wrong and that is when he called Jerold Nadler smart.
https://defconnews.com/2019/05/24/je...ill-de-blasio/

"So if we are to believe Nadler’s version of events, and there’s strong reason not to, we’re still left with story of a grown man who doesn’t know how to drink water. It’s not like he just got done running a marathon, he was siting in a chair. If he was dehydrated that means he’s too stupid to understand the human body needs fluids. If that’s the story he’s going with, it certainly doesn’t make him seem like someone who in on the ball"...
__________________
"Both socialism & communism require a commitment to the use of force. You cannot decide what to do with the other guy’s money unless you are committed to use force to take that money from him..."
Rick Kelo
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 05-25-2019, 9:57 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,405
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
Are you just going to keep reposting the same thing? I have better things to do than be your research monkey. Go look it up yourself. Or have you lost the ability to use Googlefu?
Here is some typical NRA sponsored and paid for TANGIBLE goodness...

Happy Friday all!

RULING IN NRA/CRPA LAWSUIT REIGNS IN DOJ’S MISUSE OF DROS FEES

A California state court has issued an important ruling holding DOJ accountable for its historical mismanagement and misuse of DROS (dealer record of sale) account funds collected as fees from gun purchasers.

The ruling came in the NRA and CRPA supported case of Gentry v. Becerra.

DROS fee funds are only supposed to be used to cover limited and specific expenses, like conducting background checks on gun buyers. But to avoid spending money from other sources on general law enforcement activities, DOJ has for years been improperly overcharging gun buyers and raiding the DROS funds to cover expenses that DROS funds were never intended to pay for. So now the Court has ordered the DOJ to review whether the $19 fee currently charged for firearm purchases in California is being improperly set too high.

The Court's order prohibits DOJ from using DROS fee funds for unrelated law enforcement efforts, with very minimal exceptions. DOJ contended that it could use DROS funds to pay for all of its general law enforcement efforts related to illegal firearm possession. But NRA / CRPA attorneys pointed out that the DOJ was directly involved in drafting the language that it relied upon to take this position, and the evidence showed DOJ intentionally drafted the statutory language so DOJ could later mischaracterize it to make it appear that the Legislature had granted DOJ authority to use DROS funds for more programs than the legislature actually intended.

Thankfully, the Court saw through DOJ's mischaracterizations, and concluded that DOJ is only authorized to use DROS funds to investigate people identified in the Armed Prohibited Persons System (APPS), and not just anyone DOJ suspects of being prohibited from possessing firearms.

Prior to Kamala Harris being elected California’s Attorney General in 2010, collection of excessive DROS fees had generated a surplus of nearly $15 million. Since first established at $19 per transaction (and $15 for each additional handgun) however, DOJ has never done the statutorily required review to determine whether the current $19 DROS fee is “no more than necessary to fund” the certain specifically authorized costs it is supposed to cover. DOJ failed to identify any internal process that would trigger the mandatory review of the current fee, and instead offered vague excuses about the level of review it should perform. And DOJ failed to produce any documentation to substantiate its claim that it performs “regular monitoring” of the DROS fee as required by law. So the Court found that DOJ’s failure to review the amount of the DROS fee since 2004 was “insufficient to comply with the ministerial duty” imposed on DOJ, and that DOJ must now conduct such a review.

In other words, DOJ has been charging gun buyers too much for the DROS fee, spending DROS money on unauthorized expenses, and going out of its way to avoid accounting for it.

The ruling in the Gentry case serves as yet another example of DOJ’s constant overreach, mismanagement, and blatant disregard for its obligations, and for the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

For over 20 years, the NRA and CRPA Regulatory Watchdog Program has been holding DOJ accountable. To stay informed on this case, as well as other important Second Amendment issues in California, make sure you are subscribed to NRA and CRPA email alerts. And if you are interested in being a plaintiff in a lawsuit like this, including the upcoming lawsuit challenging the recently enacted ammunition sales restrictions, please contact NRA and CRPA attorneys at potentialplaintiffs@michellawyers.com for more information.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 05-26-2019, 8:28 AM
thmsmgnm thmsmgnm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 106
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Money is what wins elections and gets the attention of politicians and voters alike. Clearly appealing to just gun owners to vote the 2nd Amendment has failed miserably.
Money is what buys Wayne his suits, pays for his chartered jet flights, and pays for the interns apartment.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 05-26-2019, 8:29 AM
thmsmgnm thmsmgnm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 106
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
It's telling that all of the people bashing the NRA never read or addressed what was in the letter. It reminds me of the uninformed, emotion driven arguments of the anti-gun crowd.


Because the letter is bull****e.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 05-26-2019, 8:38 AM
thmsmgnm thmsmgnm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 106
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
It looks like "executive" Larry Pratt and his cohorts are paid 11% of the "GOA take" every year as their personal compensation...

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...ions/521256643

According to thier IRS form 990.. they do not do anything but 'advocacy"...I dont see any big legal expenses on form nor do they claim to be doing any legal work.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...9300310/IRS990

I am also curious what their $1,240,575 in assets would be?

Wayne compensation before expense accounts, suits, travel, apartments for an intern, and other hidden expenses is more than that. For that we got a ban on Bump Stocks advocated by Wayne and Chris Coxxx
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 05-26-2019, 8:42 AM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,344
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

I see that the 11 year old account is active again.
What kind of person sets up multiple accounts and lets them lie dormant for years just so they can troll a gun form? Sad and pathetic.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 05-26-2019 at 8:45 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 05-26-2019, 9:01 AM
thmsmgnm thmsmgnm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 106
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
I see that the 11 year old account is active again.
What kind of person sets up multiple accounts and lets them lie dormant for years just so they can troll a gun form? Sad and pathetic.


Someone who got tired of the noise from people who blindly follow guys like Wayne. Someone who is shocked the NRA openly advocating a Bump Stock Ban has not woken people up to the problem with the NRA leadership and the NRA BoDs failure to deal with it.

I sold a bunch of my NIW and slightly used mags to gun owners/friends in California during the Mag Airlift and reconnected with some friends behind the Red Curtain. I started paying attention to this site again. Sorry to see the battered wife syndrome is still strong among Cal NRA members.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 05-26-2019, 9:27 AM
codypaint77's Avatar
codypaint77 codypaint77 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Athol Idaho
Posts: 523
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default I'll rejoin when

I'll come back when the top management makes only $75k per year.

If they feel so strong about our 2nd Amendment, then they wouldn't need hundreds of thousands a year in compensation.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 05-26-2019, 9:58 AM
walterSOBCHAK's Avatar
walterSOBCHAK walterSOBCHAK is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 218
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Oli North was double dipping from the NRA trough. Wayne out buying pimp suits, and they decided to cut water and coffee from the NRA HQ. Make the rank and file suffer so Wayne can look snazzy. As a conservative, I wish we could all get on the same page in holding our organizations to a higher more elite standard than the typical big corps lobbying the government. The shady dealing needs to stop. I'm not going to have a membership anymore, but I respect other's beliefs that the NRA is the best thing going as far as giving us a voice, I just dont want them speaking for me anymore. I also will not support shills of the NRA with my consumer dollars.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 05-26-2019, 11:37 AM
TTT TTT is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 496
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by codypaint77 View Post
I'll come back when the top management makes only $75k per year.

If they feel so strong about our 2nd Amendment, then they wouldn't need hundreds of thousands a year in compensation.
So class envy is more important than having competent leaders at the NRA? No thanks, I'll pay what it takes to win.
__________________
Liberty, simplest definition- Not having to tolerate stupid people telling you what to do.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 05-26-2019, 1:01 PM
cannon's Avatar
cannon cannon is offline
New Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mojave Desert
Posts: 8,136
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by codypaint77 View Post
I'll come back when the top management makes only $75k per year.

If they feel so strong about our 2nd Amendment, then they wouldn't need hundreds of thousands a year in compensation.
That is so weak and petty. Do you want income equity in every company? Sounds like an excuse more than a position.

You going to join Python in "sending" money to GOA for absolutely no action?

You either want to be in the fight or mouthing off from the sidelines. If you can't stand the NRA so much. Are you sending money to CRPA. Or do they do something that causes you not to participate there too?
__________________
I let my wife choose my hobby.
I said I either wanted to chase younger women or shoot.

Here I am.

"I'm for Hoffa until they pat my face with a shovel and steal my cufflinks." Frank Sheerin. Man who admitted killing Hoffa
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 05-26-2019, 1:07 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,344
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

I bet not one person complaining about the NRA does any volunteer work donating their time to any gun rights organization and then they sit back and complain about nothing getting done. Nothing but a bunch of whiners and parasites.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 05-26-2019, 2:05 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,405
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmsmgnm View Post
Wayne compensation before expense accounts, suits, travel, apartments for an intern, and other hidden expenses is more than that. For that we got a ban on Bump Stocks advocated by Wayne and Chris Coxxx
I didnt care one way or another on bump stocks. AFAIC they are nothing but a workaround of the NFA And keeping them legal would potentially endanger semi automatic rifles after the next school shooting.

I know that the majority of Americans don't own guns don't understand guns and are very easily swayed by the liberals. Leaving bump stocks legal and having one used in the next mass shooting would be a disaster for all gun owners.
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 05-26-2019 at 2:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 05-26-2019, 2:29 PM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 369
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
I didnt care one way or another on bump stocks. AFAIC there are nothing but a workaround of the NFA And keeping them legal would potentially endanger semi automatic rifles after the next school shooting.

I know that the majority of Americans don't own guns don't understand guns and are very easily swayed by the liberals. Leaving pump stocks legal and having one used in the next mass shooting would be a disaster for all gun owners.
Except they've only been used in a single shooting, and by the time our great leader decided to ban them, the libs and the media had completely forgotten about them. The other issue is the principal he set. If they can ban bump stocks because they "increase the rat of fire" of a semi auto, whats to stop the next dem president from using the same logic to ban standard cap mags, compensators, pistol grips, ect. And there's nothing we could do to stop it because they wouldn't even need to go through congress to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 05-26-2019, 2:43 PM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 369
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
That is so weak and petty. Do you want income equity in every company? Sounds like an excuse more than a position.

You going to join Python in "sending" money to GOA for absolutely no action?

You either want to be in the fight or mouthing off from the sidelines. If you can't stand the NRA so much. Are you sending money to CRPA. Or do they do something that causes you not to participate there too?
Except the NRA isn't supposed to be a company, it's supposed to be a non-profit organization. And "no action" on the GOA's part? What about them challenging the NFA and bump stock ban? Or how about the constitutional carry bills they've backed, with 3 victories this year so far? Not to mention their involvement in Young v. Hawaii, NYSRP v. NY City, and multiple other cases. Meanwhile, what is the NRA doing to fight federal gun laws? Some garbage new TV series? Or maybe next they'll support banning binary triggers because "devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 05-26-2019, 3:02 PM
wpage's Avatar
wpage wpage is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,670
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

The NRA has been around since 1871. The NRA has several decent periodials including American Rifleman, American Hunter. The NRA has tried to be reasonable in working between the anti gun movement that started after the Kennedy assasination.

For those who have not lived the period. It may be hard to understand the politics of whats transpired. Its been a uphill battle.

Time will tell what is true with the NRA. Currently its our best bet.
__________________
God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 05-26-2019, 3:35 PM
Preston-CLB's Avatar
Preston-CLB Preston-CLB is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sierra Foothills N of Yosemite
Posts: 395
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

There are some things the NRA supports that I do not, but I still consider my membership money well spent in the fight for our 2A rights. I also support CRPA.

I think the NRA has been poorly reported upon, i.e. twisting the facts to fit their agenda, and castigated by the media and the anti-gun snowflakes.
-P
__________________
“If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper"
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 05-26-2019, 6:09 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,344
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
Except the NRA isn't supposed to be a company, it's supposed to be a non-profit organization. And "no action" on the GOA's part? What about them challenging the NFA and bump stock ban? Or how about the constitutional carry bills they've backed, with 3 victories this year so far? Not to mention their involvement in Young v. Hawaii, NYSRP v. NY City, and multiple other cases. Meanwhile, what is the NRA doing to fight federal gun laws? Some garbage new TV series? Or maybe next they'll support banning binary triggers because "devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
Maybe you could gain some credibility here by naming one single currently proposed red-flag law that the NRA supports like you claimed but never backed up with an example?

Or maybe you could point out where the Stop School Violence Act (HR 4909) has Fix NICS in it like you claimed but never backed up?

Or maybe you could point out where ANY version of the Fix NICS bill offer financial incentives to report anyone that doesn't qualify like you claimed and never backed up?

Or maybe you can explain what bill you were thinking of when you made the claim that the Stop School Violence Act took guns away without due process and it was pointed out that the Stop School Violence Act doesn't take guns from people?

Or maybe you will pretend that you never made these claims and pretend that no one noticed.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 05-26-2019, 6:16 PM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 369
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
Maybe you could gain some credibility here by naming one single currently proposed red-flag law that the NRA supports like you claimed but never backed up with an example?

Or maybe you could point out where the Stop School Violence Act (HR 4909) has Fix NICS in it like you claimed but never backed up?

Or maybe you could point out where ANY version of the Fix NICS bill offer financial incentives to report anyone that doesn't qualify like you claimed and never backed up?

Or maybe you can explain what bill you were thinking of when you made the claim that the Stop School Violence Act took guns away without due process and it was pointed out that the Stop School Violence Act doesn't take guns from people?

Or maybe you will pretend that you never made these claims and pretend that no one noticed.
I'm not going to further that conversation with you because you will never admit that the NRA sucks donkey balls. If someone says they support an abortion law, do you expect them to go around in each and every state and support every single one that pops up? Of course not, they made a blanket statement that they support red flag laws, there is no need to support each individual law that is proposed. I included links in previous posts to back up my claim, it's not my fault that you can't read or can't understand what you're reading.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 05-26-2019, 6:56 PM
cannon's Avatar
cannon cannon is offline
New Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mojave Desert
Posts: 8,136
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
Except the NRA isn't supposed to be a company, it's supposed to be a non-profit organization. And "no action" on the GOA's part? What about them challenging the NFA and bump stock ban? Or how about the constitutional carry bills they've backed, with 3 victories this year so far? Not to mention their involvement in Young v. Hawaii, NYSRP v. NY City, and multiple other cases. Meanwhile, what is the NRA doing to fight federal gun laws? Some garbage new TV series? Or maybe next they'll support banning binary triggers because "devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
Do yourself a service. To make sure your money is doing what you think it is.

All non profits have to print up and make available an accounting of what comes in and what it is spent on. You will find that GOA is not backing up their claims with money. No money. No seat at the table. Fact of politics.

You and I disagree about the NRA. I can live with that.

But do you have something against the CRPA? At least they are spending the money they get in on actually fighting things instead of chest thumping "No compromise" while doing jack spit.
__________________
I let my wife choose my hobby.
I said I either wanted to chase younger women or shoot.

Here I am.

"I'm for Hoffa until they pat my face with a shovel and steal my cufflinks." Frank Sheerin. Man who admitted killing Hoffa
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 05-26-2019, 7:02 PM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 369
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Do yourself a service. To make sure your money is doing what you think it is.

All non profits have to print up and make available an accounting of what comes in and what it is spent on. You will find that GOA is not backing up their claims with money. No money. No seat at the table. Fact of politics.

You and I disagree about the NRA. I can live with that.

But do you have something against the CRPA? At least they are spending the money they get in on actually fighting things instead of chest thumping "No compromise" while doing jack spit.
I have nothing at all against the CRPA, but I can't currently afford to donate to multiple organizations and I'd rather donate to one fighting federal laws than just state. No organization is perfect, but I have a lot more faith in the GOA than the NRA, and I know the GOA hasn't ever supported gun control. Even if they never get a single law overturned, that alone is enough to make me support them over the NRA. I will never support the organization as it currently stands because the way I see it, it's the same organization as the one that supported the NFA and all the other gun control we have thanks to them.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 05-26-2019, 7:34 PM
cannon's Avatar
cannon cannon is offline
New Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mojave Desert
Posts: 8,136
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
I have nothing at all against the CRPA, but I can't currently afford to donate to multiple organizations and I'd rather donate to one fighting federal laws than just state. No organization is perfect, but I have a lot more faith in the GOA than the NRA, and I know the GOA hasn't ever supported gun control. Even if they never get a single law overturned, that alone is enough to make me support them over the NRA. I will never support the organization as it currently stands because the way I see it, it's the same organization as the one that supported the NFA and all the other gun control we have thanks to them.
O.K. But you do realize that GOA are actually in fact doing nothing but flapping their lips?

If you are happy with that type of fight. Enjoy.
__________________
I let my wife choose my hobby.
I said I either wanted to chase younger women or shoot.

Here I am.

"I'm for Hoffa until they pat my face with a shovel and steal my cufflinks." Frank Sheerin. Man who admitted killing Hoffa
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:48 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.