Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Hunting and Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hunting and Fishing Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Archery, Blackpowder Saltwater and Fresh Water

Old 07-16-2013, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott fisher View Post
I have hunted with Bitterwater Outfitters for over six years now and have spent close to 15k with them over that time. I have taken close to 20 pigs, three deer, and have done several bird hunts. I have never encountered anything of what you are complaining about. I'm pretty small potatoes compared to some of the people that hunt with Clayton. I see a lot of the same people out at the ranch when I am out there. Clayton has a really loyal client base from what I can tell. I think one of the things that brings a lot of his customers back is because of his customer relationship. I know thats why I keep going back and hunt with him. If you had some issue with him or Matt or the hunt you should have brought it to his attention and I'm sure he would have made it right. Talking trash on the net is pretty weak in my opinion.
Sounds like a commercial. Nice first post.

If I didn't have this gun the King of England could just come in here and start pushing you around. Do you want that, well do ya? - Homer Simpson
Old 07-16-2013, 9:05 AM

Slap chop, shamwow!
Old 07-16-2013, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
You are a tactical guy looking for a battle buddy?

There is no war going on when hunting. No "battle" Seriously.
You mean there is no WAR>> Really? No Battle???? Really? Thanks for informing me man. I am now enlightened and can finally move on with my life.

As for I am a"tactical guy" yes I am military, not a hunter per say- but I love hunting and I am learning the craft slowly. As for the term battle buddy it is a FIGURE OF SPEECH used by members of the ARMED FORCES. Just military lingo for PARTNER. Being that gentlemen's SN was SARGE. I figured he is ex mil or active duty. Thus he would understand the military lingo. So if you didnt get it, you didnt get it. It's too late. If you are under 35yrs old, you can still enlist

I see that whole post- just went over your head. Carry on- you are dismissed.

Refer to the video if you have any questions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBuvRk1thQ

"I've traveled the world, seen the best and worst of humanity. I've learned that religion, race, ethnicity mean nothing when it comes to good vs evil men. I've seen good and bad among all types. As a result, I do not see race/color- I only see acu digital, od green and coyote brown".

Last edited by thegreyman2013; 07-16-2013 at 9:35 AM..
Old 07-16-2013, 9:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 07-16-2013, 9:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
Drill SGT HULKA- Classic

"I've traveled the world, seen the best and worst of humanity. I've learned that religion, race, ethnicity mean nothing when it comes to good vs evil men. I've seen good and bad among all types. As a result, I do not see race/color- I only see acu digital, od green and coyote brown".
Old 07-16-2013, 9:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreyman2013 View Post
You mean there is no WAR>> Really? No Battle???? Really? Thanks for informing me man. I am now enlightened and can finally move on with my life.

As for I am a"tactical guy" yes I am military, not a hunter per say- but I love hunting and I am learning the craft slowly. As for the term battle buddy it is a FIGURE OF SPEECH used by members of the ARMED FORCES. Just military lingo for PARTNER. Being that gentlemen's SN was SARGE. I figured he is ex mil or active duty. Thus he would understand the military lingo. So if you didnt get it, you didnt get it. It's too late. If you are under 35yrs old, you can still enlist

I see that whole post- just went over your head. Carry on- you are dismissed.

Refer to the video if you have any questions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBuvRk1thQ
Been there done that. Much older than 35.

Seriously though, leave the military ideas out of hunting. Even figuratively speaking, its a poor analogy. Just advice from a LONG time hunter. It did not go over my head either.
Old 07-16-2013, 9:43 AM
Veteran Member

Thegreyman I have a friend whom helps (works) for Bitterwater. Is this the same outfit?
http://www.bitterwateroutfitters.com/
Will show him this thread and get his input. Been planning a hunt with friends, I don't hunt but filling the freezer with barley feed hogs sounds good to me.
Old 07-16-2013, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucky View Post
Thegreyman I have a friend whom helps (works) for Bitterwater. Is this the same outfit?
http://www.bitterwateroutfitters.com/
Will show him this thread and get his input. Been planning a hunt with friends, I don't hunt but filling the freezer with barley feed hogs sounds good to me.
Yes. These are the guys. I say try them out for yourself. Would love to hear your experience as compared to mine.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Been there done that. Much older than 35.

Seriously though, leave the military ideas out of hunting. Even figuratively speaking, its a poor analogy. Just advice from a LONG time hunter. It did not go over my head either.
I find that hard to do. Marksmanship is one of the fundamentals of hunting. So is picking the right spot for the kill. Kind of like a good "OP" Plus terrain association and many other correlated tasks. But when hunting with civilians I always leave the military jargon out. It only comes to play when I go out with my military friends- which is rare these days

Point taken.

Old 07-16-2013, 7:23 PM

When hunting with a guide service, I usually take a friend or my father just so I can enjoy not working so hard on the hunt. As for guides some seem to be a little rigid at first, but if they continue to be stupid then I look them in the eye, and say Im calling PCH, they 100% of the time get there sh-t together.
Then I turn the tables, I miss every shot until the last hours of hunt, with a big smile on my face.
Old 07-16-2013, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino1 View Post
When hunting with a guide service, I usually take a friend or my father just so I can enjoy not working so hard on the hunt. As for guides some seem to be a little rigid at first, but if they continue to be stupid then I look them in the eye, and say Im calling PCH, they 100% of the time get there sh-t together.
Then I turn the tables, I miss every shot until the last hours of hunt, with a big smile on my face.
I like your style

Old 07-17-2013, 6:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNOY View Post
Just like other members recommend, try Tejon ranch. you can make your hunt easy or hard.tons of pig and a beautiful ranch to spend your week end.
Our group of 4 just got back from the north side (first time) and all of us got pig. TRY IT...
Well, sure. Considering the price, the guides at Tejon should be Ms. April and two her two friends, Ms. May and June.
Old 07-17-2013, 7:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by runway1 View Post
Well, sure. Considering the price, the guides at Tejon should be Ms. April and two her two friends, Ms. May and June.
Yes, Tejon is spendy, but it has a lot of very large pigs on the property. Most are in the 200+ lb range. With 220000 acres of prime habitat they can be anywhere there. Most inexpensive means for pigs is to enter in one of their pig-o-rama hunts. Three days of hard work, but chances are high for harvesting.

Last edited by DSMeyer; 07-17-2013 at 9:27 AM..
Old 07-17-2013, 7:52 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don@Tahoe View Post
$700 to shoot the nastiest animal on earth...................
but dam good to eat.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 8:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runway1 View Post
Saving for a Tejon trip- hopefully September.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
exactly.

I do have to say the taxidermist that I deal with is a good friend of mine and he deals with them up there on a regular basis. I have not heard anything negative from him. but every experience is different.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
contact the governor
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:28 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
exactly.

No, not "exactly" thats why its obvious that 85% of the posters in this forum are either just trying to get into hunting and others who think they hunt but really don't know what the heck they are doing.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Banned

I would send a letter asking for my money back-this is NOT what you paid for,
thanks for the heads-up
Z
Old 07-17-2013, 11:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
No, not "exactly" thats why its obvious that 85% of the posters in this forum are either just trying to get into hunting and others who think they hunt but really don't know what the heck they are doing.
and there is the attitude here of not sharing the experiences of hunting to the new guys. and that is the main problem. if you do not see that then you are part of the problem.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Young hunters need mentors! Those who did not grow up hunting, and those who did not learn from their parents/family- NEED good mentorship from the vets and experts.

I was lucky that an old wise NCO took me out a couple times and showed be the basics. I personally still have much to learn.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

I'm using my cf, where's the popcorn.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega View Post
I'm using my cf, where's the popcorn.
What's a CF?

Old 07-17-2013, 12:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
and there is the attitude here of not sharing the experiences of hunting to the new guys. and that is the main problem. if you do not see that then you are part of the problem.
Quote:
Young hunters need mentors! Those who did not grow up hunting, and those who did not learn from their parents/family- NEED good mentorship from the vets and experts.

I was lucky that an old wise NCO took me out a couple times and showed be the basics. I personally still have much to learn.
Youngsters today are lazy!! Many want their whole world handed to them on a silver platter. I've taken many young people hunting. Some of them have turned out to be great hunters right off the bat because they have the desire and want to be successful.

Others end up here on CGN begging complete strangers to take them hunting so someone else can learn them.

Even funnier some are so lazy they pay out the nose for a farm animal release and kill hunt. If you guys want me to help you, come up to my place i will release a couple large barbados rams (full grown) and you can give me $500 for each ram so you can shoot them.

I will get more money for the rams that way than if i take them to auction and you will learn from an experienced hunter LMAO

Last edited by taperxz; 07-17-2013 at 12:32 PM..
Old 07-17-2013, 12:23 PM

Looos like the direction of thread is changing. Also looks like "beginner hunters" are expecting to be shown how to hunt vs asking and doing some of their own work.

I guess I'm part of the problem because I'm not sharing my hunting experiences.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

and people wonder why hunting numbers are getting lower. and this thread shows the reason why.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:57 PM

Chris, if you have something to share, share it. If you want to learn, ask. It seems simple enough.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by center_x View Post
Chris, if you have something to share, share it. If you want to learn, ask. It seems simple enough.
if I need to ask I pick the phone and talk to them. or my roommate and I talk about it before we go out wherever it may be we want to hunt.

but all can agree that public land is quite hard and can be dangerous at times. you know the kind of hunter that shoots and looks to see if anything ran out. I have seen that before and that is quite scary some numbnut doing that.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 1:08 PM

If you can acquire information so easily, then why state that the "experienced hunters on this forum" are unwilling to help? I don't see you sharing your info?

Public land does suck, which is why most successful hunters have busted asz pre-scouting public property far away from the roads or have busted asz knocking on doors asking for permission to hunt private property.
Old 07-17-2013, 1:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
if I need to ask I pick the phone and talk to them. or my roommate and I talk about it before we go out wherever it may be we want to hunt.

but all can agree that public land is quite hard and can be dangerous at times. you know the kind of hunter that shoots and looks to see if anything ran out. I have seen that before and that is quite scary some numbnut doing that.
Hunting public land is NOT hard and the problems you are talking about i have never seen in 35 years of hunting.

Public land is only hard if you are not willing to put the rubber on the ground. I have killed many deer on public land!
Old 07-17-2013, 1:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Hunting public land is NOT hard and the problems you are talking about i have never seen in 35 years of hunting.

Public land is only hard if you are not willing to put the rubber on the ground. I have killed many deer on public land!
all of my deer are on public land. just because you the expert of all here. just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I have stopped hunting in that area because of that. down here in central ca where a lot rain doesn't happen we have gone elsewhere in the state to hunt. the little to no rain has not helped the deer in this state at all.

some places are bone dry now where I used to go or way tooo many people also. and yes I get out and hike it out a bit. but I have a jeep I want to take out hunting with me and see where it takes me.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2013, 1:39 PM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

You guys done arguing? I think one of the reasons that experienced guys seem unwilling to help new guys is that we average probably 2-5 guys a week all new leading up to and during big game season. Typically the people ask and then never come back in here and this all occurs inside of a week.

Calguns is basically 85% of guys who have never hunted or don't know what they are doing and aren't successful. If someone has good questions there is a lot of knowledge on here for deer/pigs/waterfowl but you have to ask the right questions. Not "where can I go to kill a buck opening day on public land?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte35 View Post
Disagree. Been trying to teach lewdogg21 how to hunt. It's like trying to teach Steve Wonder how to see. Not sure we're ever going to get there.
Old 07-17-2013, 1:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
all of my deer are on public land. just because you the expert of all here. just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I have stopped hunting in that area because of that. down here in central ca where a lot rain doesn't happen we have gone elsewhere in the state to hunt. the little to no rain has not helped the deer in this state at all.

some places are bone dry now where I used to go or way tooo many people also. and yes I get out and hike it out a bit. but I have a jeep I want to take out hunting with me and see where it takes me.
Thats your problem then. You are more interested in where your jeep can go as opposed to where the game animals are. When you look for water, you're not looking for a pond, lake or stream for the bucks to drink from. You need to be looking for that little spring that might one hold a 1/2 gallon of water in it at one time. You guys want advice, I just gave you a very helpful hint.
Old 07-17-2013, 3:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Thats your problem then. You are more interested in where your jeep can go as opposed to where the game animals are. When you look for water, you're not looking for a pond, lake or stream for the bucks to drink from. You need to be looking for that little spring that might one hold a 1/2 gallon of water in it at one time. You guys want advice, I just gave you a very helpful hint.
FAIL you have no clue as to how I hunt. yes I want to use it for hunting why the hell not. it can go places probably where many can't. I already know to look for water way before you said it and other signs to look for. I have my reasons to take it out hunting and i'll tel you why. why scratch up my truck that I like to keep in good shape and I can use my jeep and scratch it up and not worry. that is my main reason to have it and use it for hunting. I rebuilt the sucker and I want to use the thing. to have it sit and not take it out like that is a waste.

its not my problem at all to use my jeep. I have seen many successful hunters use them to get to where they need to go. it's more your problem than anything else that I use a vehicle to get to spot to walk out to. and please tell us all why it is wrong to enjoy a vehicle that I personally rebuilt and enjoy the outdoors. I see none other than your problem with it.

but like I said you are all knowing and no one knows more than you on this board.

I have seen road hunters and have had them screw up a hunt for me on the way out. I have seen game just after I park my truck and the spot we plan on walking out to. so FAIL on your part to assume you know my hunting methods period.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.

Last edited by chris; 07-17-2013 at 3:46 PM..
Old 07-17-2013, 4:06 PM

Quote:
FAIL you have no clue as to how I hunt. yes I want to use it for hunting why the hell not. it can go places probably where many can't. I already know to look for water way before you said it and other signs to look for. I have my reasons to take it out hunting and i'll tel you why. why scratch up my truck that I like to keep in good shape and I can use my jeep and scratch it up and not worry. that is my main reason to have it and use it for hunting. I rebuilt the sucker and I want to use the thing. to have it sit and not take it out like that is a waste.

its not my problem at all to use my jeep. I have seen many successful hunters use them to get to where they need to go. it's more your problem than anything else that I use a vehicle to get to spot to walk out to. and please tell us all why it is wrong to enjoy a vehicle that I personally rebuilt and enjoy the outdoors. I see none other than your problem with it.

but like I said you are all knowing and no one knows more than you on this board.

I have seen road hunters and have had them screw up a hunt for me on the way out. I have seen game just after I park my truck and the spot we plan on walking out to. so FAIL on your part to assume you know my hunting methods period.

I concur. If a jeep works for him, who are you to say it does not. Seems like Chris has his hunting methods down. I can also assure you, his military skills come into play, whether you want to admit for or not.

Airborne!

TheGreyman

Old 07-17-2013, 4:15 PM
CGSSA Associate

When's DOVE season?

Hunting humans or game animals you need the same skill sets.......thanks for your service by the way!

Now jeep or truck I vote truck LOL! b/c I have dogs
Old 07-17-2013, 4:34 PM

Old 07-17-2013, 4:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
When's DOVE season?

Hunting humans or game animals you need the same skill sets.......thanks for your service by the way!

Now jeep or truck I vote truck LOL! b/c I have dogs

Dove opener is September 1st
Old 07-17-2013, 5:08 PM

BTW, back to the thread. Anyone else hunt with Bitterwater? Please chime in.

thanks

Old 07-17-2013, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenja View Post
I would send a letter asking for my money back-this is NOT what you paid for,
thanks for the heads-up
Z

Well, I got meat the in fridge, so hard to do. Plus they would not go that route.

Old 07-17-2013, 6:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What's a CF?
celfone.