Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 10-22-2013, 10:57 AM

Default Unofficial Cleanup at Perris BLM

I enjoy shooting out here and hate to see this site go the way of so many other open shooting areas that have been closed over the years due to other people not cleaning up after themselves.

When: Saturday November 16
Meet at 7am
Block off a section with our trucks/gear
Clean from 7-9
Shoot from 9+

Where: Meet at the CalGuns sign near the entrance (there seems to be an unwritten rule to not publish the address or exact directions)

What: Please bring your own rake, gloves, and trash bags & be prepared to take some trash back with you. I have a Nissan Frontier and plan on making a dump run afterwards but would appreciate any and all help.

Last edited by Moezer; 10-22-2013 at 2:04 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 1:17 PM

I'm in.

Bringing a 05 Tundra with Leer cover, so I can't take a full load back, but I'll try to fill it.
Old 10-22-2013, 1:26 PM

We talkin over yonder by the place with the thing by that thing next to that stuff?

If Eat Dirt picks me up ill go (I think hes in Hemet too?). I'm dead broke with no sign of income soon. But I've got two arms and two legs so if ive got a ride I'm in. Maybe I can bribe him with ammo? Lol

Last edited by kentactic; 10-22-2013 at 1:32 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwanghoops View Post
I'm in.

Bringing a 05 Tundra with Leer cover, so I can't take a full load back, but I'll try to fill it.
Eat Dirt informed me that there is another event going on the 2nd so I bumped it back to the 16th to help participation. Hope you can still make it.
Old 10-23-2013, 1:28 AM

I'm in.
Old 10-23-2013, 7:26 AM

I would like to help. Is the area accessible by a small car? I have never been there, how do I get the location info? If you don't want to share the location I can meet with one of you at some predetermined location and follow you in.
Old 10-23-2013, 9:25 AM

Im in, ive got a Ranger so my bed isnt huge, but it can haul 6 or so fully loaded black trash bags.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylenol9999 View Post
I would like to help. Is the area accessible by a small car? I have never been there, how do I get the location info? If you don't want to share the location I can meet with one of you at some predetermined location and follow you in.
Like I said, there seems to be an unwritten rule to not post or respond to questions about where this is exactly. Hope you can understand that I don’t want to mess this up as the new guy.

Maybe one of the senior members will reach out to you or you can ask someone at a local gun shop.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moezer View Post
Like I said, there seems to be an unwritten rule to not post or respond to questions about where this is exactly. Hope you can understand that I don’t want to mess this up as the new guy.

Maybe one of the senior members will reach out to you or you can ask someone at a local gun shop.
NP, hopefully a senior member will help me out.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:42 PM

It's not that hard to figure out where this place is if you just start doing a a bit of a search either her on CGN, or google.

Regarding a small car, you'll probably be able to get to the first shooting area right near the entrance, but to go back any farther along the road, you'll want a vehicle with some clearance.
“People who follow the rules can protect themselves and their families from people who don’t follow the rules. The Second Amendment should never be an afterthought. It should reside at the forefronts of our minds.
Old 10-23-2013, 1:08 PM

Quote:
Eat Dirt informed me that there is another event going on the 2nd so I bumped it back to the 16th to help participation. Hope you can still make it.
At bee canyon or what?
Old 10-23-2013, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentactic View Post
At bee canyon or what?
No, it is a Calguns shoot...... SSZS 4.5 up near Barstow http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=799741 and then the next weekend is Murrieta Rod Run, Calguns will have a booth there. Eat Dirt and I are volunteers as well as Moezer (Thanks for volunteering Moezer) http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=837708

I will be at the clean up on the 16th with my truck and I can take my load to the dump near my house. I still have some BLM provided trash bags from the last clean up that I will bring.

There is a guy in Murrieta that will let us fill his dumpster (Possibly 2 truck loads) so anybody heading home that way has a place to empty their load. I will contact him and let him know about this thread.

What ever we rake up we need to take..... we can't leave piles or bagged trash there.
Old 10-23-2013, 6:11 PM

Ill almost certainly be begging for change if I don't find income by this cleanup. So my offer stands ill go and work if I've got a ride. I have a car but I just can't spend the gas money.
Old 10-23-2013, 7:12 PM

I'd like to help out. I have a truck and will bring bags and tools. I've never been out there so would the OP be willing to PM the entrance to me?
Old 10-24-2013, 9:24 AM

Hello Calgunners,
Im the guy that ChknLyps2 is talking about. I have a dumpster avail that we could dump trash in. It is a 3 yard dump and it is at my shop here in Murrieta. I will also be attending the clean up with my kids so hope to meet all of you. I will give info where to dump on the day of clean up.
Old 10-24-2013, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraalmar View Post
Hello Calgunners,
Im the guy that ChknLyps2 is talking about. I have a dumpster avail that we could dump trash in. It is a 3 yard dump and it is at my shop here in Murrieta. I will also be attending the clean up with my kids so hope to meet all of you. I will give info where to dump on the day of clean up.
That’s great news. Thank you!
Old 11-10-2013, 1:59 PM

Bump!.... Who is still coming, how many trucks and how many have a place to take their load of trash?

I can take my load home with me as long as it does not blow any bits out on the freeway.

I am bringing 20 or 30 trash bags.

Is anybody staying to shoot after?
Old 11-10-2013, 2:16 PM

I'm in -- bringing an old Tundra with a cover and can take stuff back.

Have to shoot afterwards...even a little.
Old 11-10-2013, 2:21 PM

Im gonna try to make it, i was just out there yesterday and it defintely needs a cleaning. targets,tvs,pumpkins,etc. I was around the back side and picked up a bunch of shotgun hulls,tv, and used targets. I also saw a trantula out there that i almost stepped on. But it does need it when you first drive in on the right. I found a postal box that someone brought to shoot at, the problem is they forgot to remove their address.lol. How dumb can you be people, come on.

Last edited by sean714; 11-10-2013 at 5:33 PM..
Old 11-10-2013, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
Bump!.... Who is still coming, how many trucks and how many have a place to take their load of trash?

I can take my load home with me as long as it does not blow any bits out on the freeway.

I am bringing 20 or 30 trash bags.

Is anybody staying to shoot after?
I went by this site late in the day to get an idea of what we’re getting into. As sean714 said, there are a lot of pumpkins, shotgun shells and assorted trash. I plan on hitting Costco this week and bringing two boxes of the large black trash bags and a few cases of water for everyone. I too will stay to shoot a little but plan on leaving most of my gear and metal targets at home so I can haul as much trash as possible.

BTW, just wanted to say thank you, Eat Dirt mentioned that you’ve given the Ranger a heads up that we’ll be out next Saturday. I appreciate you doing that.
Old 11-10-2013, 7:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

FYI - next Saturday is free dump day for many Riv. County dumps...

I will be there next Saturday, as I should have my new AR build completed and I wanna burn thru some ammo! LOL!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 11-11-2013, 9:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean714 View Post
Im gonna try to make it, i was just out there yesterday and it defintely needs a cleaning. targets,tvs,pumpkins,etc. I was around the back side and picked up a bunch of shotgun hulls,tv, and used targets. I also saw a trantula out there that i almost stepped on. But it does need it when you first drive in on the right. I found a postal box that someone brought to shoot at, the problem is they forgot to remove their address.lol. How dumb can you be people, come on.

I would pay the shipping to mail it back to them with a polite note asking that they please clean up after themselves next time.

Hope you can make it.
Old 11-11-2013, 9:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
FYI - next Saturday is free dump day for many Riv. County dumps...

I will be there next Saturday, as I should have my new AR build completed and I wanna burn thru some ammo! LOL!
Thanks for the heads up about the free dump day, looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 11-11-2013, 9:57 PM

Mo,

I will be there as early as I can, possibly running a little late, maybe 7:30. I'll try to be on time. I've got a civic, no truck =/. I can bring some trash bags though. I'll try to bring a few back, I'm in Murrieta so if miraalmar is willing I can stop by and drop them off after. I will also be staying after to do some shooting.
Old 11-12-2013, 8:30 AM

Default I would like to contribute.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and would like to use these sites as well as to keep them clean. I understand about the privacy that some hold towards these sites as well as the danger it holds from being shut down. Is there anyone I could obtain any info regarding the site? as far as rules and such. I just finished an Ar 15 budget build and would like to shoot outdoors.
thanks guys
Old 11-12-2013, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketSand View Post

I will be there as early as I can, possibly running a little late, maybe 7:30. I'll try to be on time. I've got a civic, no truck =/. I can bring some trash bags though. I'll try to bring a few back, I'm in Murrieta so if miraalmar is willing I can stop by and drop them off after. I will also be staying after to do some shooting.
PocketSand: Glad to hear you're going to make it and don’t worry about not having a truck. You'll be surprised how much you can load into one of those civics with a little help from your friends. just kidding.

Thanks for the help, see you there.
Old 11-13-2013, 7:45 AM
Calguns Addict

is this the xmas tree ln site and is it this Saturday??????
Old 11-13-2013, 9:03 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchnicklas View Post
is this the xmas tree ln site and is it this Saturday??????
Yes to both!

I'll bring my F150 (AKA: "Green Machine"), trash cans and bag, rakes, shovels, etc. I can take a full truckload out and will dump at the Agua Mansa dump in Riverside for free, as I said... the 3rd Saturday of every month is a free dump day at many Riv area WM facilities!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx

Last edited by Darryl Licht; 11-13-2013 at 9:07 AM..
Old 11-13-2013, 12:21 PM

If this is the site i think it is there is a youtube video where people posted comments with directions. I even encouraged people on youtubeto setup cleanups and directed them to calguns. One guy listened made a calguns account and participated in a clean up. I never been on one but i have also never shot anywhere else besides a official range. Maybe ill see you guys this Saturday. Im not posting the name of the youtube video here because you guys want to keep as private as you can so people without manners dont get the directions.
Old 11-14-2013, 7:34 AM

Hey guys i would be interested in coming out and helping with the cleanup as well. I dont know where this site is, but if someone PMed me directions i would be more then willing to come out and help. I probably will not be shoooting though as i currently need to get the headspace in my rifle adjusted.
Edit If this is steel peak i actualy know where it is. I was there last weekend and there was a ton of trash, i picked up the stuff at our range, but most of the shooting areas are terribly dirty.

Last edited by robertras; 11-14-2013 at 7:36 AM..
Old 11-14-2013, 8:43 AM
Calguns Addict

will blm have it shut down??????time frame?????
Old 11-14-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchnicklas View Post
will blm have it shut down??????time frame?????
No shut down, there will possibly be a ranger there but not sure yet, with just a few trucks there I am sure we will have them full in an hour or 2. With the early start it should be pretty empty.

I sent you a PM
Old 11-14-2013, 10:29 AM

Im out, my mother isnt doing well and cant be alone this weekend.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetIE View Post
Im out, my mother isnt doing well and cant be alone this weekend.
Understood. Hope your mom feels better soon.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Understood. Hope your mom feels better soon.
Thank you, but unfortunately thats not the case.

**** CANCER
Old 11-14-2013, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetIE View Post
Thank you, but unfortunately thats not the case.

**** CANCER
Oh man, I'm sorry. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-14-2013, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsend81 View Post
It's not that hard to figure out where this place is if you just start doing a a bit of a search either her on CGN, or google.

Regarding a small car, you'll probably be able to get to the first shooting area right near the entrance, but to go back any farther along the road, you'll want a vehicle with some clearance.

This shooting area is heavily used by a lot of people, so don't be surprised if someone is using it. Please be responsible with your targets and expended shells. Clean up after yourself and leave the area a little nicer than you found it!

Last edited by Eat Dirt; 11-15-2013 at 6:44 AM..
Old 11-14-2013, 8:17 PM
Veteran Member

dammit I can't make it, I'll keep my eyes open for the next one
Old 11-15-2013, 5:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem View Post
If this is the case than the whole "unwritten rule" thing is crap
Anthem: Thanks for the post... except the part about me being full of carp but no hard feelings. I looked at how the last event was organized and how the questions on thread were handled and continued on the same way. I cant say I disagree with it. As best as I can tell the approach by most folks on the calguns cleanup thread was that the information is out there, just don't expect me to spoon feed you. And you just proved how easy it is to find the exact location.

In any case, I hope you consider coming out and tomorrow. If not to help with the clean up then to shoot afterwards.
Old 11-15-2013, 6:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem View Post
If this is the case than the whole "unwritten rule" thing is crap

Here are directions, taken directly from one of the "not hard to figure out places"
It's just common sense. Do you share your favorite hunting spot on an open forum?