Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
Finally, a haul worthy of a Match Director at my own match!

$100 for PG
Pistol for MajSub
2Yr Renewal (Random)
I'm going to have to reread the prize pay out rules again.

It's very confusing to see the match meister with 5 wins and a 2nd come away with only three prizes.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:52 PM

I've snoozed on my New Years resolution for two years now. : /
Chad, do you have a recommendation on good motels to stay in the area or nearby for out of towners?
Old 12-12-2018, 12:52 PM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Finally, a haul worthy of a Match Director at my own match!

$100 for PG
Pistol for MajSub
2Yr Renewal (Random)
Looks like PG was a mistake, and they'll be correcting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post
I'm going to have to reread the prize pay out rules again.

It's very confusing to see the match meister with 5 wins and a 2nd come away with only three prizes.
It's called Share The Wealth. A Master can only win one gun per match. If the Master wins more than one division, and there are more then 10 Masters, the gun goes to place #2, then #3, and ...

If there are less than 10 Masters the prize is $100 and Share The Wealth does not apply to money.

This is actually the reason why a lot of people win their three Amateur guns and are never seen from again. After making Master the next logical step will be MatchMeister. Once a year all of the MMs are invited to the GLOCK Annual Shoot to compete against each other for $3K.
Old 12-12-2018, 4:56 PM
Calguns.net Shooting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdodge View Post
Nice, I got a random pistol from my subcompact entry. Thank goodness I decided to shoot it as an extra entry late Sunday.

Congratulations! Better to be lucky than good sometimes!
Old 12-12-2018, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Share The Wealth does not apply to money.

This is actually the reason why a lot of people win their three Amateur guns and are never seen from again. After making Master the next logical step will be MatchMeister. Once a year all of the MMs are invited to the GLOCK Annual Shoot to compete against each other for $3K.
Mathematically, Masters have a much better chance for coming home with a pistol. Amateurs need a straight up win, and Masters end up getting a pistol down to 4th place. As well, of the 8 pistols available to Masters (presuming Meister) none of them will be redundant wins, and Iím not seeing more than 12-15 show up. So effectively HALF of all individual Masters could come home with a pistol, whereas Amateurs are up against 150+.

By time one starts winning as an Amateur they are nearly running in the top 50% of Masters.

My goal is to win enough pistols that each of my two kids can shoot every division once they are old enough. I have 10 years to get there (which will put them at 11 and 13).
Old 12-12-2018, 6:09 PM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Mathematically, Masters have a much better chance for coming home with a pistol. Amateurs need a straight up win, and Masters end up getting a pistol down to 4th place. As well, of the 8 pistols available to Masters (presuming Meister) none of them will be redundant wins, and I’m not seeing more than 12-15 show up. So effectively HALF of all individual Masters could come home with a pistol, whereas Amateurs are up against 150+.
I guess one could see it that way. Amateurs need a straight up win among amateurs. The don't have to worry about beating Masters at all. So you could technically be 20th overall, but the top amateur, and still get a gun. That could happen with Masters, but it is unlikely.

However, typically a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Master is also 2nd, 3rd, or 4th overall, at the very least in the top 6-10 for any give division, but I think I've only seen a gun go as low as 4th via STW.

Ideally, if you're a Master, and you're good, you don't want a lot of Masters to show. Let's assume that there are are less than 10, and you were the fastest overall and shot all 7 divisions, you'd get a pistol for MM, and then $100 for the other 6 divisions that you shot and won, and all of the other Masters who shot would get nothing(for performance).

Quote:
My goal is to win enough pistols that each of my two kids can shoot every division once they are old enough. I have 10 years to get there (which will put them at 11 and 13).
If you're looking for another free gun, we're raffle off one. A $10 donation gets you 10 fresh opportunities.

CGSSA GLOCK Giveaway

Last edited by RoundEye; 12-12-2018 at 7:26 PM..