Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-16-2014, 2:44 PM

Well....I just recieved my denial letter.

Apparently, owning a business in Stockton, ca is one of the safest things in the world.

I'm giving our family lawyer the letter in case anything happens to me.

Last edited by JPagaduan; 01-16-2014 at 2:48 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 10:48 AM

I may have to move to yolo county for work reasons and will need to transfer my current LTC to Yolo county from Sutter county. does anyone have any incite on this?
Old 01-23-2014, 1:49 PM

Anyone?
Old 01-27-2014, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob85 View Post
I may have to move to yolo county for work reasons and will need to transfer my current LTC to Yolo county from Sutter county. does anyone have any incite on this?

I'd say don't move to Yolo. Your LTC wont transfer, and trust me when I tell you, the willy nilly auto denial system is rolling full boar here in Prieto land.

Where at in Yolo will you need to work? Just the other side of the river in Sac County, and you get approval. North Natomas is 5 minutes from the Airport and 15 minutes from Woodland...
Old 02-13-2014, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPagaduan View Post
Well....I just recieved my denial letter.

Apparently, owning a business in Stockton, ca is one of the safest things in the world.

I'm giving our family lawyer the letter in case anything happens to me.
And I received mine two days before you received yours. The reason given: "Insufficient Good Cause...."

I wonder if Thursday's decision by the 9th Circuit will make any new headway?

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/02/13/615...concealed.html
Old 02-13-2014, 1:53 PM

Woohoo!!

Time to appeal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dca965 View Post
And I received mine two days before you received yours. The reason given: "Insufficient Good Cause...."

I wonder if Thursday's decision by the 9th Circuit will make any new headway?

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/02/13/615...concealed.html
I'm going in on Monday to find out. I'll let you know
Old 02-13-2014, 2:05 PM

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I'm willing to bet that Yolo won't entertain any appeal from any recent denial as this ruling will undoubtedly be appealed and perhaps even see the US Supreme Court and may take a long time to have any real impact....

Not only that, but my letter says I cannot re-apply for 1-year......
Old 02-13-2014, 2:22 PM

As does mine. But couldn't hurt.
Old 03-03-2014, 7:01 PM

Well, went to drop off my completed CCW application today.
They refused to accept it without 3 letters of reference and proof of residency.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I can't believe no one's posted in this thread that today we WON Richards v. Pietro-Yolo.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=902624

Old 03-06-2014, 6:28 AM

Good news here:

http://m.sacbee.com/sacramento/db_99...tguid=xUj8OfJn
Old 03-06-2014, 8:38 AM

Default 9th Decision and Yolo

Paladin-

I could not agree MORE!! THIS IS HUGE for CCW Applicants who have been denied because of insufficient "good cause" in Yolo (and hopefully will set precedent in the rest of CA). I only wish I had waited until now to apply, but then again, who knew?
Old 03-07-2014, 8:01 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Paladin-

I could not agree MORE!! THIS IS HUGE for CCW Applicants who have been denied because of insufficient "good cause" in Yolo (and hopefully will set precedent in the rest of CA). I only wish I had waited until now to apply, but then again, who knew?
Uhh, I think you can pretty much ignore that 1-yr restriction, given the Richards case. You might want to follow up after the mandate is issued, and the District Court enters judgment.

Reloading Clubs: SF, East Bay

Case Status: Peña v. Cid (Handgun Roster). SF v. 44Mag (Mag Parts Kits). Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees). Davis v. LA (CCW policy). Jackson v. SF (Ammo/Storage). Teixeira (FFL Zoning). First Unitarian v. NSA (Privacy). Silvester (Waiting Period). Schoepf (DROS Delay). Haynie (AW ban). SFVPOA v. SF (10+ mag possession ban). Bear in Public: Drake (3CA); Moore (7CA); Richards, Peruta, McKay (9CA).
Old 03-07-2014, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizux View Post
Uhh, I think you can pretty much ignore that 1-yr restriction, given the Richards case. You might want to follow up after the mandate is issued, and the District Court enters judgment.
fizux- With all due respect, and unless there was specific language in Richards v. Prieto, I am willing to bet the 1yr restriction on re-applying will stand, save for a complete overhaul of the process by Prieto. But I appreciate your faith and will hope to see a change in my county!
Old 03-07-2014, 7:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
fizux- With all due respect, and unless there was specific language in Richards v. Prieto, I am willing to bet the 1yr restriction on re-applying will stand, save for a complete overhaul of the process by Prieto. But I appreciate your faith and will hope to see a change in my county!
The "1 year restriction" is illegal under state law - even before it becomes a constitutional question.

Once the dust settles on Richards and Peruta just apply and ignore county employees who make stuff up. If you have a problem, we have a place for you to report it so we can track it: http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/carry/

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 03-09-2014, 10:32 PM

Time to apply?
Old 03-10-2014, 9:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
The "1 year restriction" is illegal under state law - even before it becomes a constitutional question.

Once the dust settles on Richards and Peruta just apply and ignore county employees who make stuff up. If you have a problem, we have a place for you to report it so we can track it: http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/carry/

-Gene
Thanks Gene! I will follow your guidance and keep you posted/report on the process.

Dave
Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 PM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor

Tag for updates. Yolo has much stricter requirements for permits. I am interested to find out if residents are going to have any luck in the very near future. Since the county has no typical process, and I imagine they don't have employees that handles CCWs besides deniers, how will they go about taking on an influx of new applicants?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:41 PM

Applied today. Told application would be processed in about four to six weeks.
Old 03-11-2014, 7:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkasda View Post
Applied today. Told application would be processed in about four to six weeks.
Please keep us updated on your timeline!

Ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders
NRA Member
Old 03-11-2014, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopwell View Post
Tag for updates. Yolo has much stricter requirements for permits. I am interested to find out if residents are going to have any luck in the very near future. Since the county has no typical process, and I imagine they don't have employees that handles CCWs besides deniers, how will they go about taking on an influx of new applicants?
Loopwell-

Its not that Yolo has much more strict requirements overall per-se, the requirements are somewhat "standard" as most N. Cal. counties go. That being said, they do have as standard a process as one can expect. The biggest problem is the elected one who is in power at the issuing agency. He had a previous career with the State, rising to the level of Commander. He has the appropriate amount of staff and the process does take 90 to 120 days from application to issuance. He just takes the GC requirement to an extreme as has been done in S.D./O.C./L.A., etc. I hope and pray that cases such as Peruta and Richards stand and change it for the better.
Old 03-12-2014, 2:36 PM

***UPDATE***

YSCO added a new form to their website very recently. Of note is the last section, stating that the CCW Training Course Certification it is not mandatory at this time but could "expedite" the application process.......

For what its worth, here is te link: http://www.yolocountysheriff.com/wp-...over-Sheet.pdf

Last edited by dca965; 03-12-2014 at 2:36 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add link.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:19 AM

I just checked the Yolo sheriff page and noticed that the link to the "Concealed Weapon License Policy" doesn't work. I wonder if they're updating the policy. Hmm....

http://www.yolocountysheriff.com/forms-fees/
Old 03-13-2014, 2:35 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by gucci pilot View Post
I just checked the Yolo sheriff page and noticed that the link to the "Concealed Weapon License Policy" doesn't work. I wonder if they're updating the policy. Hmm....

http://www.yolocountysheriff.com/forms-fees/
Could be. However, when I called this morning, was told that nothing in their CCW was going to change until the appeals had been settled. In addition, and after being denied in DEC 13, I was again told that I would have to wait 1yr to reapply.

ALSO - here is an update from the Yolo website posted today:

http://www.yolocountysheriff.com/wp-...ons-Update.pdf

PRESS RELEASE
Contact Person: Sheriff E.G. Prieto
Date: March 13, 2014
Subject: Update on Concealed Weapons Decision
The Ninth Circuit decision in Richards regarding this office’s concealed weapon carry permit policy is not yet final, nor is the Peruta decision on which it is based.
Also, no court has enjoined Yolo from applying its current policy. At the request of the State Attorney General, the Ninth Circuit has extended indefinitely the finality deadline in Peruta to consider whether the State Of California and other interested parties may challenge that decision in the absence of the Sheriff for San Diego County.
We will be seeking en banc review of the decision in the Yolo County case and that decision will not become final until that process is completed. We have been in contact with the Attorney General’s office in this regard and will work with it regarding the two decisions as circumstances warrant. Unless and until these decisions become final, our current concealed carry policy will remain in effect.

"Sticking to his guns....."

Last edited by dca965; 03-13-2014 at 2:37 PM.. Reason: added press release
Old 03-13-2014, 3:01 PM

Well, crap on a shingle. When's this guy up for re-election?
Old 03-13-2014, 3:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Could be. However, when I called this morning, was told that nothing in their CCW was going to change until the appeals had been settled. In addition, and after being denied in DEC 13, I was again told that I would have to wait 1yr to reapply.

ALSO - here is an update from the Yolo website posted today:

http://www.yolocountysheriff.com/wp-...ons-Update.pdf

PRESS RELEASE
Contact Person: Sheriff E.G. Prieto
Date: March 13, 2014
Subject: Update on Concealed Weapons Decision
The Ninth Circuit decision in Richards regarding this office’s concealed weapon carry permit policy is not yet final, nor is the Peruta decision on which it is based.
Also, no court has enjoined Yolo from applying its current policy. At the request of the State Attorney General, the Ninth Circuit has extended indefinitely the finality deadline in Peruta to consider whether the State Of California and other interested parties may challenge that decision in the absence of the Sheriff for San Diego County.
We will be seeking en banc review of the decision in the Yolo County case and that decision will not become final until that process is completed. We have been in contact with the Attorney General’s office in this regard and will work with it regarding the two decisions as circumstances warrant. Unless and until these decisions become final, our current concealed carry policy will remain in effect.

"Sticking to his guns....."

Did you get a name of the receptionist?
Old 03-13-2014, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
Did you get a name of the receptionist?
Angie
Old 03-13-2014, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Angie
She said that Gene was "dreamie". Ah yeah!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Heh. I'm not surprised Yolo is asking for en banc. There are reasons we chose to pick on them. Amusing that Richards may go up while Peruta is mired in AG intervention. However, my crazy gut instinct is that there has already been a vote re en banc and it has failed.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 03-14-2014, 8:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Heh. I'm not surprised Yolo is asking for en banc. There are reasons we chose to pick on them. Amusing that Richards may go up while Peruta is mired in AG intervention. However, my crazy gut instinct is that there has already been a vote re en banc and it has failed.

-Gene
Gene- I ABSOLUTELY love the way you think!! Let's all pray that en banc fails!!
Old 03-17-2014, 3:36 PM

^
What he said
Old 03-19-2014, 6:09 PM

http://http://www.dailydemocrat.com/breakingnews/ci_25342529/despite-court-ruling-yolo-county-concealed-weapons-law?IADID=Search-www.dailydemocrat.com-www.dailydemocrat.com
Old 03-19-2014, 8:21 PM

Pretty much what his press release said on the 13th. He is biased against law abiding citizens who want a permit to carry concealed legally, and for local business owners who he counts as contributors. His argument about criminals not yet convicted is a load of crap! During the 8 1/2 year period that I had a permit in this county (pre-prieto) not one permit holder was ever accused of or charged with any crime.
Old 03-25-2014, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gucci pilot View Post
Well, crap on a shingle. When's this guy up for re-election?
Here's the sad answer to that:

http://www.yolocountysheriff.com/wp-...forcement1.pdf

Quote:
CA CCW 2013 | Applied in person 11/4 | App approved 12/10 | Interview 12/17 | Denial (GC) Ltr. 1/14 | AZ CCW 2014 | Applied via mail 03/20 | Entered by DPS 05/02 | Approved 5/10 | Received 5/16 | OR CHL 2014 | Applied in person 04/17 | Approved 4/30 | Received 5/9 | WA CPL 2014 | Applied in person 04/18 | Approved 6/9 | Received 6/12 | NV CFP 2014 | Applied 09/25 | Received 1/15 | UT CFP 2015 | Applied 11/26 | Received 1/16
Old 03-27-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Man...what a bummer. I thought he was in a bit of legal trouble a while back..wonder where that went:

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/...sment/20938468
Old 03-27-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur125 View Post
Man...what a bummer. I thought he was in a bit of legal trouble a while back..wonder where that went
From what I understand at present: depositions are being taken from the victims (employees) of multiple sexual harassment cases filed against him......

Quote:
CA CCW 2013 | Applied in person 11/4 | App approved 12/10 | Interview 12/17 | Denial (GC) Ltr. 1/14 | AZ CCW 2014 | Applied via mail 03/20 | Entered by DPS 05/02 | Approved 5/10 | Received 5/16 | OR CHL 2014 | Applied in person 04/17 | Approved 4/30 | Received 5/9 | WA CPL 2014 | Applied in person 04/18 | Approved 6/9 | Received 6/12 | NV CFP 2014 | Applied 09/25 | Received 1/15 | UT CFP 2015 | Applied 11/26 | Received 1/16
Old 04-02-2014, 9:17 PM

Any updates for Yolo county? It appears the Sheriff is running for re-election uncontested. I am ex law enforcement any idea what it takes to run for Sheriff? Maybe I'll give him a run for his money and Yolo will be a will issue county....
Old 04-03-2014, 4:27 AM

You are a little late. You needed to file by March.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrey View Post
Any updates for Yolo county? It appears the Sheriff is running for re-election uncontested. I am ex law enforcement any idea what it takes to run for Sheriff? Maybe I'll give him a run for his money and Yolo will be a will issue county....
I think that would be a great issue to run on, like Scott Jones did in Sacto..... But as the deadline has passed, we have to pray he gets nailed for corruption or one of the harassment cases costs the County so much that the Boardof Sups "encourages" him to resign!

Quote:
Old 04-07-2014, 10:43 PM

I currently have a CCW from Sac Co and just bought a house in Woodland. What are my chances of obtaining a new CCW in Yolo Co?