Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

View Poll Results: Which Service kicks more arse?
The Army 17 31.48%
The FRICKIN ARMY!!! 37 68.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2008, 6:20 AM

Haven't visited this section of the forums in a while or I would've posted earlier. Got to go with Coast Guard cause we can kick both domestic and international *** that the DoD can't touch...legally.
Old 09-20-2008, 9:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwater OPS View Post
Vote for your choice!
ARMY?

A- Aren't

R- Ready for the

M- Marine Corps

Y- Yet

Seriously. Having worked with both, the USMC is the best damn conventional warfighting organization that has ever existed. They have extra ordinary leadership top to bottom and their doctrine produces some outstanding warfighters.

The Army is hit or miss. I have encountered way too many ****ing clowns in the Army. Most of what the Army ****s out would not last a day in the Corps.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:15 AM

Oh God, here we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Pluribus Unum View Post
During Y2K my neighbor and I were talking and he said he had a basement full of water and canned food. He asked if I had stocked up and I said that I had. I told him I bought a 12 guage shotgun, a .308 rifle and several bricks of .22 ammo.

He is an anti-gun guy and he said. "Well, you can't eat ammunition". I replied with "When I'm starving to death with a case of ammunition, who's door do you think I am going to knock on?"
Old 09-20-2008, 3:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST5MF View Post
ARMY?

A- Aren't

R- Ready for the

M- Marine Corps

Y- Yet

Seriously. Having worked with both, the USMC is the best damn conventional warfighting organization that has ever existed. They have extra ordinary leadership top to bottom and their doctrine produces some outstanding warfighters.

The Army is hit or miss. I have encountered way too many ****ing clowns in the Army. Most of what the Army ****s out would not last a day in the Corps.
USMC

U - Unlce

S - Sams'

M - Misguided

C - Children

i have one more offensive that i cannot post.

the Marines are whiners too. i saw a Marine CO chase vehicles at my work for going the speed limit on post. they complained about cars and trucks speeding by there Co. area at 5 am. when nobody was around. so they put in speed bumps to slow people down. result torn up by truck traffic bringing in equipment on a daily basis.

as for the Army Green Beret's are the best no BS outfit in the Army.

but like many Marines they left the Corp to join the Army. go figure on that one. i know more Marines in the Army than in the Marines.

i have a question for you since you have no dept. of your own at the Pentagon. What is it like to be under the Dept. of the Navy?

i disagree with the Marines go it alone attitude. we are in a fight now. fight together or die alone. your choice. one team one fight. no one branch of service will win this war and the Marines are no exception to this.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.

Last edited by chris; 09-20-2008 at 3:03 PM..
Old 09-20-2008, 3:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastey View Post
Haven't visited this section of the forums in a while or I would've posted earlier. Got to go with Coast Guard cause we can kick both domestic and international *** that the DoD can't touch...legally.
That may have been true before, but posse comitatus is now a thing of the past.

The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.
Old 09-20-2008, 4:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
USMC

U - Unlce

S - Sams'

M - Misguided

C - Children

i have one more offensive that i cannot post.

the Marines are whiners too. i saw a Marine CO chase vehicles at my work for going the speed limit on post. they complained about cars and trucks speeding by there Co. area at 5 am. when nobody was around. so they put in speed bumps to slow people down. result torn up by truck traffic bringing in equipment on a daily basis.

as for the Army Green Beret's are the best no BS outfit in the Army.

but like many Marines they left the Corp to join the Army. go figure on that one. i know more Marines in the Army than in the Marines.

i have a question for you since you have no dept. of your own at the Pentagon. What is it like to be under the Dept. of the Navy?

i disagree with the Marines go it alone attitude. we are in a fight now. fight together or die alone. your choice. one team one fight. no one branch of service will win this war and the Marines are no exception to this.
1.)Uh, what does some CO chasing vehicles on base have to do with fighting a conventional war?

2.)I am NOT A MARINE nor have I ever served in the CORPS. Reading comprehension must not be a qualifer for today's soldiers.
Old 09-20-2008, 4:28 PM

Quote:
That may have been true before, but posse comitatus is now a thing of the past.
I think you're refering to HR5122 also known as the John Warner Defense Authorization Act which was signed by the Pres in 2006. I thought the changes to The Posse Comitatus Act made by HR5122 were repealed in 2008. See HR 4986: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008. So Posse Comitatus is back.
Old 09-20-2008, 4:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Vote for your choice!
All the options you have on the poll are wrong.
Isn't the Army the service that comes in after all the hard work is done by the other services?

Last edited by Satex; 09-20-2008 at 4:51 PM..
Old 09-20-2008, 5:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satex View Post
Isn't the Army the service that comes in after all the hard work is done by the other services?
This whole thread is a first.

I have never seen anyone actually "brag" about being in the Army- until now.
Old 09-20-2008, 5:29 PM
Veteran Member

There's nothing special about being a soldier. Contrary to what some think, basic combat training isn't really about "weeding" anybody out. It's about transforming a civilian into a soldier. Remember, there was a time when every man served their country when they came of age. Now the Army is "all volunteer" but that doesn't mean much more than "open for enlistment".

Last edited by Army GI; 09-20-2008 at 5:32 PM..
Old 09-20-2008, 5:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
umm no. that is a misconseption. actually SF was in Iraq and Aghganistan way before regualr units from any branch went in. i can only guess that the SF elements were from the Navy, Air Force and the Army. Marines have only recently become part of SOCOM.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 09-20-2008, 5:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army GI View Post
There's nothing special about being a soldier. Contrary to what some think, basic combat training isn't really about "weeding" anybody out. It's about transforming a civilian into a soldier. Remember, there was a time when every man served their country when they came of age. Now the Army is "all volunteer" but that doesn't mean much more than "open for enlistment".
^^^Straight from the horses mouth^^^
Old 09-22-2008, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
umm no. that is a misconseption. actually SF was in Iraq and Aghganistan way before regualr units from any branch went in. i can only guess that the SF elements were from the Navy, Air Force and the Army. Marines have only recently become part of SOCOM.
A while back I heard of the possibilities of ussocom "adopting" force recon, but didnt know they already did. They're gonna have a nice budget.
I know this question is asked a lot, but do they still have mef/u's backs??
Old 09-22-2008, 9:56 PM

Quote:
This whole thread is a first.

I have never seen anyone actually "brag" about being in the Army- until now.
I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

I am sure many of us feel the same way but sometimes that pride is too much to keep to yourself and you just got to let it out once in a while.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Heh no kidding, but this thread was my sorry excuse for humor.
DOn't listen to them, they don't know what they're talking about. I like your choices
Old 09-22-2008, 10:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yep, somebody has to be smart
Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
hehehe, we do alot of things better than the army. . . .snipers is just one of them!

Of course this is alot of smack talking from a former jarhead who just joined the army! My heart is still there though!
But your head is with the Army. Smart choice :P
Old 09-22-2008, 10:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorensen440 View Post
The United States Coast Guard (USCG) is a branch of the United States armed forces and one of seven uniformed services. In addition to being a military branch at all times, it is unique among the armed forces in that it is also a maritime law enforcement agency (with jurisdiction both domestically and in international waters) and a federal regulatory agency. It is an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security during peacetime and of the Department of the Navy at wartime[2].

Plagerized from wikipedia
You can't plagiarize from Wikipedia, it was already plagiarized at least twice when it got there.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
The marines breed better snipers.
But can they teach them how to shoot?
Old 09-23-2008, 5:47 AM
Banned

I am "stupider" having read the last few responses.

Great, you like the Army. I was an Army Brat and have had the misfortune of going to some army schools (I.E. Basic Airborne). I have never seen so many "smart people" feel the need to completely **** all over their fellow human beings for no apparent reason than I have experienced with the Army. The last school I attended with some former Army Tacom *** clown Instructors I had to tell the guy to stop yelling at us and this was in his intro; if he continued we were going to get up and walk the **** out. Fact of the matter is the whole Army mentality is bizarre to say the least.

Again, it can be hit or miss from one unit to the next, but as a whole the USMC has the Army beat in the realm of conventional warfare hands down.

I can see some Jars jumping ship to other branches because it is so competitive in the Corps to make rank. If you can't cut it in the Lions Den some will down grade to the dog pack.

Anyway, I am glad some of you are happy with being in the Army, thank you for your service (seriously thank you) someone has to do the **** jobs.
Old 09-23-2008, 8:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm insulted. Never in my life would I expect to be taken seriously. I challenge you, kind Sir, to a duel. You have the choice of weapons, but may I suggest forks?
Old 09-23-2008, 8:26 AM

The differences in the branches of the service:

When the Marines are told to secure a building, they call in an air strike,assault the building and occupy it until relieved.

When the Army is told to secure a building, they surround it and only allow entry with the proper password.

When the Navy is told secure a building, they turn off the lights and lock the door.

When the Air Force is told to secure a building,they get a 3 year lease with an option to buy.
Old 09-23-2008, 9:30 AM

The Navy has their own air force (and it is portable), their own army (USMC) and some boats with cool missile technology. Oh, and they also have Submarines and the Navy Seals. It is all about power projection that keeps the world in balance......

I do have to give the USMC props, even the desk jockeys can hit stuff with an M16 that you thought was not possible at some ridiculous distance with iron sights.
Old 09-23-2008, 9:39 AM

Little one sided huh? Yeah I loved being in the Army so I have to agree but you gotta give the other branches credit as well. We are all on the same team and we all do our part.
Old 09-27-2008, 5:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I am "stupider" having read the last few responses.

Great, you like the Army. I was an Army Brat and have had the misfortune of going to some army schools (I.E. Basic Airborne). I have never seen so many "smart people" feel the need to completely **** all over their fellow human beings for no apparent reason than I have experienced with the Army. The last school I attended with some former Army Tacom *** clown Instructors I had to tell the guy to stop yelling at us and this was in his intro; if he continued we were going to get up and walk the **** out. Fact of the matter is the whole Army mentality is bizarre to say the least.

Again, it can be hit or miss from one unit to the next, but as a whole the USMC has the Army beat in the realm of conventional warfare hands down.

I can see some Jars jumping ship to other branches because it is so competitive in the Corps to make rank. If you can't cut it in the Lions Den some will down grade to the dog pack.

Anyway, I am glad some of you are happy with being in the Army, thank you for your service (seriously thank you) someone has to do the **** jobs.
Ouch. Bad experience, huh?

Last edited by Army GI; 09-28-2008 at 10:42 AM..
Old 09-27-2008, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEKILLA View Post
HOOOAH!!!

You guys remember that reality show called Combat Mission? I miss that show.
Yes . . . the CIA guy was my idol
Old 09-27-2008, 8:01 PM

Everyone knows Marines kick more *** , and look good while doing so. Plus we can kick more *** with less people, older equipment, and less money than any other service. nad ofcourse still look good while doing so.

SGT USMC OEF/OIF
A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
Sigmond Freud
Old 10-31-2008, 11:51 AM

As an active Marine, currently working in a joint environment, in Iraq, RIGHT NOW, I have to say, the Army is certainly a unique animal.

I mentioned in another thread that Marine Captains are being offered a 4k bonus. The Army Captains told me I could get 35k coming over to the Army. I passed.

After this experience, I am very glad I am in the Marines.

One set of guys who have really impressed the heck out of me though is Air Force OSI. Those guys have their stuff in one bag. If I was to get out, I would try to get there.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Calguns Addict

The freaking Army, man!
Old 11-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk19 View Post
Everyone knows Marines kick more *** , and look good while doing so. Plus we can kick more *** with less people, older equipment, and less money than any other service. nad ofcourse still look good while doing so.
But why enter and clear a building when you can call an airstrike or artillery on the building?

Last edited by MrLogan; 11-01-2008 at 12:50 AM..
Old 11-07-2008, 4:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY!
Old 11-07-2008, 4:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I thought you said it was not Chief's service? USMC is dept. of the Navy last time I checked...
Yeah but they're just our security guards.
Old 11-10-2008, 2:42 AM

ARMY!