Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 01-02-2013, 7:25 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Tactical Carbine Courses 2013 - Prado Range, Chino

Ironworks Tactical, in conjunction with Black Center Tactical, will begin a series of Tactical Carbine Classes focused on the AR rifle platform. The classes will range from Beginning Carbine, Intermediate Carbine and Advanced Carbine and training locations will include the Rifle Range at the Prado Shooting Facility in Chino, CA and the Groups private training property located near Anza, CA which encompasses a variety of challenging terrains.

The series will include;

Introductory Carbine - 8 hour class focused on properly training the beginning Carbine student with the basic operation of a rifle and introduces the student to the concepts and fundamentals of basic marksmanship. $100
Note: The intro courses are geared to teach the new carbine owners but I highly recommend everyone starts out with the intro course as we do start to teach certain fundamentals and muscle memory that will carry you on through the entire course of our training.

Intermediate Carbine - 8 Hour class focused on the continuing development of fundamental Carbine marksmanship and operation while introducing the student to the concepts and practical application in tactics, fighting mindset, advanced shooting positions, communication and movement. $125
Prerequisite: Intro Carbine from us or a certificate showing a beginning or intro carbine course from another course.

Advanced Carbine - 8 Hour class focuses on working with teams of 2 or more, team immediate action drills, fighting to cover, bounding, sectors of fire, de-conflicting fire and advanced communication. $150
Prerequisite: Invitational only after skills are assessed by our instructor cadre, the best way to do this is take our Intermediate Carbine Course

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us using the contact us utilizing either of the two links below.

http://www.blackcentertactical.com/index.php/contact/
http://ironworkstactical.com/Contact_Us.html

The dates are as follows: Please take note these had to change due to conflict.

1/20 Beginner
2/23 Beginner
3/17 Beginner

I will list the rest of the years class dates soon but I wanted to get January Februarys dates up asap since January is quickly approaching.

We offer various package deals, such as pay for both beginner and intermediate course together and get a discount, Host an Officer or Military member to each class (explained below), group purchase rate, etc...

If you take the class and feel that youd like to take the same class over the following month because you feel that would be beneficial to you we offer you that opportunity to take the same class at 50% the price one time. For instant take a beginner class and want to take the beginner class over, its 50% off.

Host an Officer or Military Member consists of each class we will allow 1 law enforcement officer or military member to attend the class for free. We randomly select this individual before the class starts and announces who the winner is at the time of class. They will receive their deposit refunded in full.

You can pay for your class date here HERE at BCT or HERE at Ironworks Tactical

Last edited by CifaldiPrecision; 01-03-2013 at 3:16 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 2:45 PM

What's the anticipated class size and or instructor/student ratio?

Also, what is the anticipated round count for each of the classes?

Any ammo restrictions at Prado or your private facility? I know I can look that up on the Prado site but with .223/5.56 ammo difficult to find at any price it is my main limiting factor right now for carbine classes.

What kind of kit do I need for the courses? Will we zero the rifle or should i sort that out before I get there? Eyes/ears/lube/field cleaning kit/hat/sunscreen/food/etc.

How many mags? (though as i type this they are impossible to find too so it's more informative than actionable)

Some of this stuff is extremely basic. I'm just asking so that I can get an idea what you anticipate for your class. If you don't spec it then people will show up with new rifles that aren't zeroed and then you will spend the whole morning sighting in. which is great if that's what you have planned for the curriculum. If not then it would be a bummer.
Old 01-03-2013, 3:16 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case View Post
What's the anticipated class size and or instructor/student ratio? Maximum class size will be 20 students. We will have 2 instructors up to 5, 3 instructors up to 10 and 4 instructors up to 20. We run it as a relay so no more than 10 shooters will be on line shooting at any given time while the other students are occupied with something else.

Also, what is the anticipated round count for each of the classes? 200 estimated for intro, 300 estimated for intermediate, 500 for advanced.

Any ammo restrictions at Prado or your private facility? I know I can look that up on the Prado site but with .223/5.56 ammo difficult to find at any price it is my main limiting factor right now for carbine classes. Anything goes but steel penetrator or tracers as we will shoot steel in the intermediate and advanced classes.

What kind of kit do I need for the courses? Gear List
Will we zero the rifle or should i sort that out before I get there? We will do a fast 25 yard zero for the beginner class and 50 yard zero for the intermediate and advanced class so your shots are effective but if your already there it expedites that and gets on to training faster of course. Eyes/ears/lube/field cleaning kit/hat/sunscreen/food/etc. I added a link at the beginning of this question to BCTs website with a equipment list, some stuff is still being added though. You can run full kit if you want or go bare minimum when it comes to mag pouches etc.

How many mags? (though as i type this they are impossible to find too so it's more informative than actionable) The more the better as it limits down time for reloading but a minmum of 3 will work for the beginner, 5 for the intermediate and advanced but we can work around things if need be.

Some of this stuff is extremely basic. I'm just asking so that I can get an idea what you anticipate for your class. If you don't spec it then people will show up with new rifles that aren't zeroed and then you will spend the whole morning sighting in. which is great if that's what you have planned for the curriculum. If not then it would be a bummer. I appreciate it as you are absolutely right and I did miss stuff which you definately hit on. Thanks..
Please see my responses to your questions in Blue on your quote. I appreciate the questions as I knew there would be stuff I forgot as I was trying to get this out last night.
Old 01-05-2013, 5:53 PM
Vendor/Retailer

More updated information can be found here. http://ironworkstactical.com/Training.html
Old 01-06-2013, 6:29 PM

quick question, i was thinking about doing this with my wife, but only have one ar carbine other one i have is setup for long distance. would i be able to use one 223 ar and a 22 ar for the wife?
Old 01-06-2013, 7:21 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Sending you a pm to go more in depth with your question.

edit: Actually sent you an email instead. From AO_Ironworks@att.net

Last edited by CifaldiPrecision; 01-06-2013 at 7:42 PM..
Old 01-09-2013, 5:07 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Class dates are filling up. Head to black center tactical or ironworks tactical to secure your spot. Check under the training section for more info.
Old 01-10-2013, 9:50 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I have left handed instructors secured for the 20th if you're a lefty you can definitely benefit from that. A couple spots left. Feb and march are also filling up quickly.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Class yesterday was outstanding. Had great weather and lots of fun. Here are a couple pics.

Old 01-23-2013, 5:24 PM

Could you speak about the credentials of your instructing staff?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Sure. We are actually preparing that right now so ill have it posted up as soon as possible. We would just like to get a more professional product up so give me a couple days on that please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2013, 7:52 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Since the official portion is taking a little longer ill give a short informal background. Of the 4 instructors all were military of various branches and duties with combat arms and real world experience. One is a medic and 2 are leftys which helps the lefty students. 2 have been LE and Military firearms and tactics instructors for at least 10 years each. We should have more once its all compiled as a more professional looking product that will be on the webpages. Sorry it took so long I went out to Texas to do some R&D of my 6.8 uppers on deer and pig. Lol