Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-13-2013, 9:03 PM

Breco in Clovis is my go-to. Good prices, good guys, and they'll I order it if they don't have it.

I'm in Madera, but I avoid Spencer's; that's all I'll say.
Old 01-14-2013, 6:33 PM

Larry at the armory is awesome. He is very nice and inviting and doesn't yank you around and over price everything. Not a crazy amount if stock but is always willing to order if its possible and always takes care of his customers. Scott is also equally awesome. I usually go there. Although I did go somewhere else to purchase my new springfeild XDM! I appreciate the info from everybody!
Old 01-22-2013, 9:26 AM
Автомат Калашникова
CGN Contributor

Called Spencers for a PPT on a Saiga12, he won't touch it. Breco & LR Stone will do a PPT for a Saiga 12. That's fine if he won't touch, I won't shop there with the $ from the Saiga 12. I've bought 2 guns from WTP it saddens me that they are closing shop, wanted to do my PPT there but their last day would only be halfway through the 10 day waiting period.

Last edited by Nookieaki; 01-22-2013 at 9:37 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 8:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Any gun shops other than the range, open on sundays?
Old 01-24-2013, 12:45 PM

Herb Beaur, and Sporting Good stores ( Big 5, Dicks, etc). Most are close Sundays and Mondays.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleofthesun View Post
The firing Line in Clovis?

I've heard good things from a couple people about Suburban Survival Store. I haven't been there.
ive been there, talked to a couple guys working the gun counter and the guy working the gun rentals, not a big selection of guns but they are nice people, and the range they have is pretty nice
Old 01-24-2013, 11:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt View Post
Herb Beaur, and Sporting Good stores ( Big 5, Dicks, etc). Most are close Sundays and Mondays.
****! I need a place to do a PPT on a sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czsp-01-9mm View Post
ive been there, talked to a couple guys working the gun counter and the guy working the gun rentals, not a big selection of guns but they are nice people, and the range they have is pretty nice
You know if they do PPT's? only guys open on sundays other than The Range in Fresno and they suck.

Last edited by FNH5-7; 01-24-2013 at 11:42 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I use to support spencer when they opened up. Nice back then, last I went they were jerks.

WTP and Breco was always my go-to shops.
Old 01-25-2013, 6:33 AM

I just did a transfer at the armory, $60 total. Very easy to deal with. I would use them again.
Old 01-25-2013, 6:50 AM

I wouldn't go to PRK Visalia (that's the zombie hunter mall ninja tacticool idiot LGS on Lovers Lane, correct)?

I spent less than 5 mins in PRK last spring before the madness...

FUD, dog**** prices, expensive everything, clerk was a wannabe "I've been in the service" guy (when clearly all he Had done in life was play PS3).

List goes on, I'll simply never go back. Piss poor service
Old 01-25-2013, 6:52 AM

FYI if you're willing to drive out to Bakersfield, valley gun shop is top notch! Good guys, good prices, 100% FUD free
Old 01-25-2013, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-45 View Post
****! I need a place to do a PPT on a sunday.

You know if they do PPT's? only guys open on sundays other than The Range in Fresno and they suck.
The Firing Line is open on Sundays.

http://www.thefiringlineclovis.com/
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMFdevildoc View Post
I wouldn't go to PRK Visalia (that's the zombie hunter mall ninja tacticool idiot LGS on Lovers Lane, correct)?

FUD, dog**** prices, expensive everything, clerk was a wannabe "I've been in the service" guy (when clearly all he Had done in life was play PS3).

It's actually on Mooney Blvd. There is another new gun shop across the street from them and there is one that should be opening anytime now down the street from them. I haven't been in PRK since the latest frenzy but it was crowded as hell then so I'm guessing it's even worse now. I like Valley Guns in Bakersfield too. Good people.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Last day for WE THE PEOPLE today...

Thank you Ryan and best of luck in the future.
Old 01-25-2013, 1:12 PM

Correct - Mooney, I won't be returning nonetheless.

Waaaaayyyy back in the day my cousin owned the pawn (hock) shop in Farmersville. He always had an endless supply of firearms. I am fairly certain it's still in business, yet the folks running it (last I checked) are so far down the family tree we don't even share any genetic bond. LOL

FYI - Valley GS in Bakersfield did a PPT for me recently. Traded my Savage bolt gun to another CGN user for a 1911. Excellent, cheap, FUD free service. When I picked up the 1911 I made it 5 mins after they closed, when I called? They said "No problem, you drove a long way, knock on the back door and we will take care of you".

That to me, speaks volumes of Valley...
Old 01-25-2013, 4:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks for the information guys. Im really sorry to see We The People go, it was my favorite shop and if they were to stay I would continue to patronize them.

Thanks to your info, I found another shop The Armory on N. Fowler and Clinton. I was there today to dros my Remington 870 Magpul Edition and got a good impression of the place. Will be going back for a Ruger LCP
Old 01-25-2013, 7:15 PM

I really enjoy Center Mass Supply, Marshall has always taken care of me. Supply right now is limited but he always is willing to order. I just had my JD Machine Calguns lower put on its 10 day timeout this morning with him.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Correct - Mooney, I won't be returning nonetheless.

Waaaaayyyy back in the day my cousin owned the pawn (hock) shop in Farmersville. He always had an endless supply of firearms. I am fairly certain it's still in business, yet the folks running it (last I checked) are so far down the family tree we don't even share any genetic bond. LOL

FYI - Valley GS in Bakersfield did a PPT for me recently. Traded my Savage bolt gun to another CGN user for a 1911. Excellent, cheap, FUD free service. When I picked up the 1911 I made it 5 mins after they closed, when I called? They said "No problem, you drove a long way, knock on the back door and we will take care of you".

That to me, speaks volumes of Valley...
I bought two hanguns from the pawn shop and it went ok. I asked about a handgun transfer for a gun I got from Gunbroker and they wanted to charge $85. I asked if I could get a discount if I purchased another gun from them and they said no. That they were doing the public a service by doing firearms. Not going back there.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:55 PM

I will second Center Mass Supply. he's right around the corner from the Firing Line. 559-905-8556 Marshal is a great guy, honest, and knows his stuff. he has a small shop and I think the panic cleaned him out, but he'll work his butt off to get things for you.

During that first panic week after they declared war on guns I called him a few times and even though I'm sure my orders were small in comparison he took care of me got me my items. He's also the only LWRC dealer I know of in the central valley, if you want the high end piston guns.

I think I've sent half a dozen or more guys to him and they all keep doing business with him.

Red
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
I will second Center Mass Supply. he's right around the corner from the Firing Line. 559-905-8556 Marshal is a great guy, honest, and knows his stuff. he has a small shop and I think the panic cleaned him out, but he'll work his butt off to get things for you.

During that first panic week after they declared war on guns I called him a few times and even though I'm sure my orders were small in comparison he took care of me got me my items. He's also the only LWRC dealer I know of in the central valley, if you want the high end piston guns.

I think I've sent half a dozen or more guys to him and they all keep doing business with him.

Red
How much does he charge for internet transfers?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon b0y View Post
Liberty Firearms in Reedley
+1
They are GTG!
Old 01-26-2013, 1:17 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon b0y View Post
Liberty Firearms in Reedley

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj cake View Post
+1
They are GTG!
You guys must like paying taxes when you do private party transfers.

Last edited by FNH5-7; 01-26-2013 at 1:20 AM..
Old 01-26-2013, 7:13 AM

Quote:

The staff has been "weeded out". Granted, it's still a "take a number" climate but that's the case everywhere around here. Elizabeth is very good to work with. She just called me yesterday that my handgun order has arrived. Guess I'll be taking a number again today.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:06 AM

Just went to the Fresno prk store. High prices. First time I've been there since the panic and I can say I will never go back again

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-26-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fac3p1ant View Post
I really enjoy Center Mass Supply, Marshall has always taken care of me. Supply right now is limited but he always is willing to order. I just had my JD Machine Calguns lower put on its 10 day timeout this morning with him.
Does this guy do SSE?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokesdmb View Post
Just went to the Fresno prk store. High prices. First time I've been there since the panic and I can say I will never go back again

I walked in to the Visalia PRK store this morning around 10:30 and there were two sales guys and three customers present. I DROSd a 9mm S&W Shield and was given a thorough at my speed hands on explanation of it's workings, this being my first striker fire handgun. I don't think I was at all price gouged knowing the S&W MSRP in advance.
I have never been to the Fresno store but I can vouch for the store quality in Visalia.
Old 01-26-2013, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider888 View Post
Does this guy do SSE?
Not sure we were talking about when I was in there, but we were just bs'ing I wasn't seeing if he would do it.
Old 01-26-2013, 3:51 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Thanks for the information guys. Im really sorry to see We The People go, it was my favorite shop and if they were to stay I would continue to patronize them.

Thanks to your info, I found another shop The Armory on N. Fowler and Clinton. I was there today to dros my Remington 870 Magpul Edition and got a good impression of the place. Will be going back for a Ruger LCP
How were the prices? I haven't been there in a while, last time I was there was with my girlfriend back in May of last year and they didn't have too much in stock.

Liberty is usually good on supplies but I will never buy a firearm there...they also charge sales tax on PPT's and only do them 2 days out of the week
Old 01-26-2013, 3:55 PM

PRK has always been good to me. i also like mayfield guns on west shaw. i will never go to fresno firearms again
Old 01-26-2013, 5:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebass View Post
How were the prices? I haven't been there in a while, last time I was there was with my girlfriend back in May of last year and they didn't have too much in stock.

Liberty is usually good on supplies but I will never buy a firearm there...they also charge sales tax on PPT's and only do them 2 days out of the week
Prices at the Armory were good for all the stuff that's currently not in demand. AR's and ammo were high but I totally understand the prices, everyone is doing it. If they sell for MSRP or low like before, they would run out of rifles and would be left without stock and no way to pay employees. Single shot exemptions are $50, I thought that was VERY reasonable considering most shops want to charge $100+, hah!

I agree, Liberty is good for supplies and the guys are helpful, but come on guys, taxes for PPT? Really? who else does that? The guys that came in here and said +1 Liberty, are probably employees or have never done a PPT there before.
Old 01-26-2013, 6:09 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Single shot exemptions are $50, I thought that was VERY reasonable considering most shops want to charge $100+, hah!

I agree, Liberty is good for supplies and the guys are helpful, but come on guys, taxes for PPT? Really? who else does that? The guys that came in here and said +1 Liberty, are probably employees or have never done a PPT there before.
SSE's for $50? I just might have to stop by on my way to the Range Monday, thanks Colt-45!
Old 01-26-2013, 6:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebass View Post
SSE's for $50? I just might have to stop by on my way to the Range Monday, thanks Colt-45!
No problem, just tell them one of their new customers was talking about it online that way they'll know their good customer service is rewarding.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
No problem, just tell them one of their new customers was talking about it online that way they'll know their good customer service is rewarding.
I will stop by to check it out Monday.

Thanks, Colt-45!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWB977 View Post
Herbs is a joke, why they still sell guns is beyond me, let alone the people who buy from them. Everytime I go in there they are rude and ignore you...........

make me feel bad for buy my gun there, only reason i bought from them is they where the only shop in a 60 mile radius that had a cz sp-01 i paid 640 for it before taxes and fees though, but yeah i wasnt to fond of the guys working there, they that looks like juiced out was an *******

Last edited by Czsp-01-9mm; 01-28-2013 at 11:36 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Prices at the Armory were good for all the stuff that's currently not in demand. AR's and ammo were high but I totally understand the prices, everyone is doing it. If they sell for MSRP or low like before, they would run out of rifles and would be left without stock and no way to pay employees. Single shot exemptions are $50, I thought that was VERY reasonable considering most shops want to charge $100+, hah!

Idon't work there or done a ppt there either. Just bought a few rifles, ammo and accessories.

I just like them because they are close to me, they used to sell ammo in bulk, they have AK's for sale, and AK accessories. Plus all the AR accessories.
Old 01-28-2013, 9:58 PM

I like most LGS in the Fresno/Clovis area. The only exceptions are Fresno Firearms who has horrible service. The other exception is Herb Bauer who has both really bad customer service and inflated price, independent of pre panic. Besides the forum a good source for reviews is google search reviews and yellow pages.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:59 PM

American Firearms is where I've been doing business. Tino is cool. He's had many employees and that were ok but if you deal with Tino, his prices are really fair. I like is Transfer fees. They are pretty good.
Old 01-29-2013, 1:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt View Post
I like most LGS in the Fresno/Clovis area. The only exceptions are Fresno Firearms who has horrible service. The other exception is Herb Bauer who has both really bad customer service and inflated price, independent of pre panic. Besides the forum a good source for reviews is google search reviews and yellow pages.
Herb bauer is terrible. The employees remind me of government employees, always in a bad mood.

Last time I was there, some guns were $400 over everyone else and I was there before the election.
Old 01-29-2013, 3:21 PM

Funny how everyone is knocking herb Bauer. I bought a citori there for 1500 and a kimber for 800. Besides those tho they do have bad prices. I bought some 450 marlin ammo online for 120 for 4 boxes shipped... herb was selling the same type for 45 per box

Old 01-30-2013, 5:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokesdmb View Post
Funny how everyone is knocking herb Bauer. I bought a citori there for 1500 and a kimber for 800. Besides those tho they do have bad prices. I bought some 450 marlin ammo online for 120 for 4 boxes shipped... herb was selling the same type for 45 per box

I personally don't bash just for the hell of it, just telling my experiences with them, as are other people.