Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 8:45 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Lightbulb Placer county Shoots

Hey fellow cal-gunners im looking to put together some shoots for all cal-gunners in the Sacramento area, but with the people in placer county (I.E. Roseville Rocklin Loomis auburn Lincoln etc.) Id like to do some meet and greet no pressure shoots , Pro to Novice are invited . Like i said im looking to get it going and am looking for input . I was thinking revolver shoots, shotguns , ww1-ww2 rifles , AK or saiga shoots in the future . If your interested in coming send me a pm so i can make up a list to contact . Also like i said all cal-gunners are invited to be involved, but i live pretty far from sac valley shooting center , and i know theirs a lot of others that do to so i thought id try to get something going for us foothill area people .
Edit/Delete Message
Old 12-13-2012, 8:55 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

elhefe50ss

Help me understand geography. should this be its own chapter? if so what range is it near? What would it be called?
this question is for everyone: who is interested and what and where is best?

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 12-13-2012, 9:25 AM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor

I would consider placer and sac one area... unless placer county kings beach...but rocklin loomis even auburn would be the threshold of the area.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:35 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Jacob,
This definitely belongs in the Sac section.

I live in Sac county and drive 5 miles to work in Placer county. A good amount of the posts in the Sac section are for things going on in Placer county.

Or, look at it this wayIf all of us went to Las Vegas for the weekend nobody would know where Antelope, Loomis or Citrus Heights are located, we would all say we are from Sacramento.

Tim
Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 AM

While I think Sacramento and possibly El Dorado County belong together, because of geography, highway 50 being the common link. I personally think because of geography and highway 80, Placer and Nevada should be separate or at the very least a sub group.

Sacramento Valley shooting range is a pretty fair distance for those of us that are on the highway 80 corridor. I have made the trip to Sac Valley and there is no easy way for those of us in Placer and Nevada county to get there. Thank you Jerry Brown. From where I live, it is an hour and fifteen minutes on a good day to Sac Valley. I really don't want to travel 2.5 hours for a shoot.

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 12-13-2012, 11:49 AM

I think the long range plan, which is just now being built, is to keep the group together, but to have at least a monthly shoot in each general area.

So maybe "Second Sunday in Lincoln or wherever" and "Last Saturday/Sunday in Sac Valley". And ultimately, I'd like one at the Yolo Sportsmen's Club to take in the Yolo/Davis area.

It's early times yet, but we could use another C3 in the North-east. People who have the time and energy to be a C3 or a C3 Contributor (someone who can help do stuff but not be fully responsible), please step up by PM'ing me or Lazyme or ElHefe50ss.

This is not the time to split things up, but rather to consolidate our gains, and then move forward.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 12-13-2012, 1:14 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Agreed bonnie
Old 12-13-2012, 1:17 PM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor

If it's bikable, it's the same area. Yolo-Placer-El Dorado, Sac is all in one. Same TV, radio stations, newspapers, Jimboys, etc.

I've really been trying to get out and go shooting. I went to the North Highlands indoor range last November 18, and before that I went shooting out in the forest off of HWY 50, but that was back in July. This weekend has freed up for me, so Saturday or Sunday is good, but the weather now is getting in the way of making more enjoyable. I don't care, unless the weather is crazy like 2-3 weeks ago, I'm going out, probably for an adventure! I can be initiated into C3 and we can go shooting at the same time.Got a pickup, and a canopy! Let do this!