Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Monument Financial
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Monument Financial Real Estate and Mortgage Solutions

Old 02-22-2013, 5:22 PM

Default Customer Reviews

We invite those who have done business with us, to reply with a review of our services. Please use the following format:

1. Type of transaction: Refinance, Purchase, Sale
2. Month & Year of closing:
3. Were we honest?
4. Did you get a fair deal?
5. Would you do business with us again?
6. Would you recommend us to others?
7. Additional comments:

Last edited by Monument_Financial; 02-22-2013 at 5:26 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 5:56 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Just wanted to give a thumbs up for Steven on the great job he did for our refinance in Dec. 2012.

My wife and I wanted to combine our 1st (+4%) and 2nd (+5%) into a single loan to take advantage of the current low rates.

We ran into some issues due to an unfortunate event with a late payment on an unknown $15 overdraft that messed with my wife's credit score.

Anyway, Steven was able to find a work around for this and we were able to get it done.

Saving close to $900 per month !! after all is said and done.

Found him to be a man of integrity and would recommend highly.

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 02-23-2013, 3:52 PM

Steve is the man!

Did a refi with him last April and the entire process was smooth and painless.

Having just bought our first house 3 years ago I had never gone through a refinance before and so I had lots of questions. Steve took the time to answer and explain everything to me and my wife. The entire process being new to me I felt better because he was definitely on my side and looking out for me.

He made it easy by being available by email, phone, and even came to my house around my schedule.

I will definitely be using him for any future needs and have no reservations about recommending him to others.
Old 02-25-2013, 4:25 PM

Default Steve is AWESOME

1. Type of transaction: Purchase

2. Month & Year of closing: Nov. 2012

3. Were we honest? Amazingly, Steve truly takes the time to explain everything in depth and offers himself at any time to answer any and all questions you may have.

4. Did you get a fair deal? YES YES YES! It was my first home purchase and it occurred at age 23! I'm so lucky to have the guidance of Steve during the process!

5. Would you do business with us again? YES! Actually I am planning on another home purchase in the near future and will not deal with anyone else.

6. Would you recommend us to others? Already have and will again....

7. Additional comments: If you have any need for a good square deal and the knowledge of someone who truly loves their job, you need to use Steve and his expertise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willerfortheworld View Post
Why buy a glock, drive a Honda, and drink budlight when you can buy a cz, drive a Subaru and drink heineken?
Priceless
Old 05-26-2013, 2:53 PM
Banned

1. Type of transaction: Refinance
2. Month & Year of closing: 05/30/13
3. Were we honest? Yes
4. Did you get a fair deal?Yes
5. Would you do business with us again?Yes
6. Would you recommend us to others?Yes
7. Additional comments:

My wife and I just closed our refinance with Steve - it was a VERY positive experience, Steve did EXACTLY what he says he does - walk you through the process step by step, and go every bit of extra distance to get your loan closed at the best rate - no matter how much extra it takes on his part. He met every expectation I had (and I'm demanding).

This has been one of the best overall experiences I have ever had working with someone.
Old 05-30-2013, 4:56 PM

2. Month & Year of closing: 05/2013
3. Were we honest? Yes, and competent. A somewhat rare combination in the finance industry from my experience.
4. Did you get a fair deal? Yes, VERY FAIR. Steve went to extra measures to accommodate us and make the refinance work around our schedule. We ended up with a great rate, and the appraisal was the only out of pocket expense.
5. Would you do business with us again? Absolutely. Steve will be our first call when the need arises again.
6. Would you recommend us to others? Yes, already have.
7. Additional comments: With his knowledge of the industry and his access to multiple lenders, I'm confident he has the ability and flexibility to handle any future finance needs that will arise. Thank you Steve!
Old 08-14-2013, 1:26 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Thank you everyone for your reviews!
Official Calguns Vendor for Home Loans & Real Estate since 2012. VA loan expert, no cost refinances, and on a mission to continue my reputation of good deals, honesty and supporting the Calguns community. Check out my customer reviews in our forum.

Pm me any questions, rate quotes, loan preapprovals, or any other real estate need or question you may have. I'm here to help. Semper Fi!
Old 10-29-2013, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monument_Financial View Post
We invite those who have done business with us, to reply with a review of our services. Please use the following format:

2. Month & Year of closing: 10/2013
3. Were we honest? Yes
4. Did you get a fair deal? Great rate and terms, yes.
5. Would you do business with us again? Absolutely yes.
6. Would you recommend us to others? Yes, without hesitation.
7. Additional comments:
Steve is one of the guys you only hope to find when you need financial help, makes the system seem less daunting. He went the extra mile and without his help we wouldn't have gotten the great low rate for us. He can be very creative when problems arise. Thank you for all your help Steve. See you at the range soon! Pete
Old 01-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Thank you for the replies.
Official Calguns Vendor for Home Loans & Real Estate since 2012. VA loan expert, no cost refinances, and on a mission to continue my reputation of good deals, honesty and supporting the Calguns community. Check out my customer reviews in our forum.

Pm me any questions, rate quotes, loan preapprovals, or any other real estate need or question you may have. I'm here to help. Semper Fi!
Old 05-27-2014, 9:46 AM
Vendor/Retailer

We appreciate the reviews. Thank you!

Old 11-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Thank you for the reviews.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

2. Month & Year of closing: November 2014
3. Were we honest? Yes
4. Did you get a fair deal? Yes
5. Would you do business with us again? Yes
6. Would you recommend us to others? Yes
7. Additional comments: Steve made things very easy and constantly kept me updated. It took less than two weeks to close with everything done online or over the phone.
Old 03-11-2015, 2:33 PM

Wink

2. Month & Year of closing: FEB. 2015
3. Were we honest? Of course! Honest, straightforward, helpful.
4. Did you get a fair deal? 100x YES....
5. Would you do business with us again? Of course, I've made tons of recommendations to friends and family to use Steve, he is the only person I would trust with my $$$
6. Would you recommend us to others? Already have!
7. Additional comments: really awesome communicator who will go the extra mile for his customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willerfortheworld View Post
Why buy a glock, drive a Honda, and drink budlight when you can buy a cz, drive a Subaru and drink heineken?
Priceless
Old 06-02-2015, 4:50 PM

Double thumbs up for Steve. My refi process was smooth. Everything was clearly explained and no delays. Best in my list.

"I want an assault rifle.....and if something better than an assault rifle comes out. I'll want that one too"
Old 06-15-2015, 5:05 PM
Calgunner
CGN Contributor

I did a refinance of one of my house with Steve, it was a smooth transaction. I will use this format to answer everything

Refinance
2. Month & Year of closing: 2015
3. Were we honest?
Of course.
4. Did you get a fair deal?
Of course I did
5. Would you do business with us again?
Yes I will
6. Would you recommend us to others?
Of course I would
7. Additional comments:
Everything in the refinance process went as expected, I didn't have to see him until the day I need to sign the doc. Steve did a good job of explanation and finding a good interest rate . Absolutely a person to deal with in term of financing, buying a new home or selling.
Old 06-22-2015, 1:27 PM

2. Month & Year of closing: April 2015
3. Were we honest? Yes. Steve informed us of all the roadblocks that went on with our refi and he was able to get us new lenders smoothly.
4. Did you get a fair deal? Yes, we were able to get the rate we wanted and was able to lower our payments even with a cash out refi.
5. Would you do business with us again? Yes.
6. Would you recommend us to others? Yes.
7. Additional comments: Steve kept good open communication lines with us and offers solutions to problems ASAP. It makes decision making easier since you have all the facts and all your options laid out to you. Also liked being able to e-sign documents, it made the process less stressful than having to go back and forth the office.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:49 AM

Additional reviews are on Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/monument-financial-tustin
Old 09-06-2016, 11:35 AM

Default Super smooth refi

Guys and gals, you need to know that this fellow calgunner is a great choice for your mortgage needs. Don't hesitate, call him now!

1. Type of transaction: Refinance/cash out
2. Month & Year of closing: August 2016
3. Were we honest? Seriously great person and 100% upfront with everything
4. Did you get a fair deal? Yes, 3% fixed 15 year, probably could of got a little lower % but I am very happy with what we got.
5. Would you do business with us again? YES
6. Would you recommend us to others? YES
7. Additional comments: Went from 5.75 primary and 6.3 secondary to 3% 15yr fixed and paid off my high rate credit cards. Super smooth transaction, took about 30 days start to finish.
Old 09-30-2016, 7:27 PM
Pew,pew.....PEW
CGN Contributor

We did 2 refi loans, our primary residence and income property. Steve was knowledgeable and helpful and everything went smoothly. Highly recommended. We had numerous quotes and he was able to get us the lowest rates and fees. And he's a Marine veteran. He was very patient and also explained why a VA loan would not be beneficial in my situation. What's not to like? Did I mention that he's a vet? What are you waiting for? Rates are low and Steve will take care of you. Call him.

1. Type of transaction: Refi (2)
2. Month & Year of closing: Sept 2016
3. Were we honest? Yep.
4. Did you get a fair deal? Yep.
5. Would you do business with us again? Yep.
6. Would you recommend us to others? Absolutely.
7. Additional comments: Semper Fi brother. Thanks again for everything.

The title is....."United States Marine".

Old 11-21-2016, 3:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Just finished up refinancing with Steve. My wife and I could not have asked for a smoother process. Steve was there to answer all of our questions and concerns every step of the way.

The whole process went faster than we expected and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to family and friends.

Thanks again Steve.
Old 08-30-2018, 3:28 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Bump - we are still in business! Doing great things for Calgunners and others.

Old 08-30-2018, 3:51 PM

Just did a refi with Steven. In short, it went very smoothly and my wife and I couldn't be happier! If you're looking to buy a new home or refi an existing loan, look no further.