Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 11-13-2018, 1:34 PM

Default Furniture Differences: Enfield no4mk1 vs no4mk2

What's the real difference between the furniture sets for the no4mk1 and no4mk2? Could a no4mk2 set be put onto a no4mk1 with some minor fitting, or is the prospect a waste of time?
Old 11-13-2018, 8:35 PM
Calguns Addict

The trigger is hung from the receiver on a Mk2, on a Mk1 it's hung from the trigger guard. The forend of the Mk2 is cut out to allow for the trigger. I haven't looked for stocks lately but if it were me I would consider buying a Mk2 or Mk2 upgraded forend.
Old 11-14-2018, 6:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield47 View Post
The trigger is hung from the receiver on a Mk2, on a Mk1 it's hung from the trigger guard. The forend of the Mk2 is cut out to allow for the trigger. I haven't looked for stocks lately but if it were me I would consider buying a Mk2 or Mk2 upgraded forend.
Mk2 rifle, or mk2 furniture?

Edit: I see what you mean about the notch, comparing the foreends in these two links
https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...&idcategory=63
VS
https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...&idcategory=63

All the rest of it seems to look the same, so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the purchase before they run out

Edit again: Pulled the trigger on all the parts. Excited to restore this girl to her proper condition!

Last edited by robertmneal93; 11-14-2018 at 6:31 AM..