Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Long Distance Shooting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Long Distance Shooting Discuss tools, techniques, tips and theories of long distance shooting

Old 11-11-2018, 7:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Tacomhq Charlie and Delta

Haven’t been on the board much due to the dim witts bringing out the worst in me

Well the new tacomhq Charlie and Delta Tarac showed up Friday. These are going on the 408CT. You guys that buy a new one that goes to 1000 moa or 300 mil can thank my uncle. He was the one that dropped the coin and asked TacomHQ to build a unit with 200 mil. Well they ran into a problem of the barrel getting in the way so the came up with the Delta. A year and a half latter and we have the first production model

I’ve got the rail on order to mount this setup to the free float tube and a new scope base and rings now that we don’t need a 60 moa rail. Will be testing in December and getting things dialed in. No plans to head to any of the ELR shoots next year. To soon to go give it a try. We have other stuff to work on. Taking delivery of a 458 Lott in two weeks and need to get back on my 416 Rigby build.
I’ll try to remember to pop in here from time to time to see if there are questions. I’m tired of being PM’ed to fix some dead beats AK, Glock, or mosin. People can’t get the hint I don’t want to work on their crap anymore. I have my own crap to work on. PM’s still work though

Last edited by kcstott; 03-29-2022 at 9:17 AM..
Old 11-12-2018, 7:32 PM
Veteran Member

Dude, can you fix my gun? It's not an AK...

Pretty cool set-up you & your uncle got there.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:39 AM

You'll be all set for the King of 5 miles with 1000 moa

Pretty much anything past 4000 yards will net you a flight path above 800ft agl. Your getting into FAA territory not to mention flight times over 8 seconds. Could be a problem with aircraft
Old 11-14-2018, 10:40 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothy8500 View Post
Dude, can you fix my gun? It's not an AK...

Pretty cool set-up you & your uncle got there.
Yeah it’s nice to not have to dump the kind of coin he has on this and get to develop and play with it.

That pile of scrap?? Looks worse than a mosin lol.

Last edited by kcstott; 11-14-2018 at 10:54 AM..
Old 11-14-2018, 10:48 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
You'll be all set for the King of 5 miles with 1000 moa

Pretty much anything past 4000 yards will net you a flight path above 800ft agl. Your getting into FAA territory not to mention flight times over 8 seconds. Could be a problem with aircraft
Na not really, he just asked for a little more Mil than what the computer says we need to get there and there being 4500 meters or so. He originally asked for 200 but Tacomhq decided to big or go home. I think I’ve finally convinced him it’s not worth the attemp when recognized records are less than half that. Hell right now all he has to do is three consecutive shots at 2200 yards and he’ll set a new record. Yeah “ all he has to do” like it’s easy or something.

Parts are showing up this week and into next so I’ll be able to get this mounted to the rifle and get the rifle rezeroed on the new base over the thanksgiving holiday. Being single with two dead parents has its advantages.

Last edited by kcstott; 11-14-2018 at 10:51 AM..
Old 11-24-2018, 11:10 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

So KC,

You are running what length barrel? What kind of elevation are you starting to see the barrel at?

Delta looks far more massive than I expected, I thought it was going to fix on the front of the Charlie. Why does it need that distance between the units, looks like a few inches?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 12-21-2018, 3:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
So KC,

You are running what length barrel? What kind of elevation are you starting to see the barrel at?

Delta looks far more massive than I expected, I thought it was going to fix on the front of the Charlie. Why does it need that distance between the units, looks like a few inches?
Right now our Charlie is set to 200 mil. That is not where we will be using it.
We are running a 30” barrel. Tacomhq actually screwed up and placed one of the bobro clamps on incorrectly. That has been fixed by swapping it around.
The unit can’t mount to the front of the Charlie. Best I can tell is that I’ll set this thing up on a fixture using a laser to point everything in the correct direction. Distance between the units will increase as mil setting decreases to the point you don’t need to look around the barrel.