Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2013, 8:49 PM

Default GLOCK knuckle no more

Has anyone ever experienced the infamous GLOCK knuckle? I have several times being a student at Front Sight. I vowed to find a solution or a new gun. My quest led me to the under cut trigger guard. Expensive to have done but easy to do yourself. I just did another one today.
I have done several under cuts and have even rounded trigger guards as well with great success. The technique is simple. Sand paper, wood dowells, a Dremil and pacients.

1)Cover the grip and entire receiver with blue tape. Cover the trigger guard in all areas not being reshaped. Slips can ruin a frame aesthetically and worse.
2)Use the Dremil tool with a quick connect cut off wheel. The wheel is to be put on up side down so the lable is on the bottom. Slowly grind off only the bulge at the bottom of the trigger guard by using the flat top of the wheel to flatten the bump.
3)Tape 150 grit sand paper around the dowell so that 3/4ths of the dowell surface is sand papper and the last quarter is masking tape.
Slowly saw back and forth with the tape side of the dowell riding on the blue tape at the grip. Only the bottom of the trigger guard is being altered. The goal is to make more room for the "bird" to fit under the trigger guard better making a higher, more comfortable grip.
4)When you get a desired height, angle the dowell at 45° on both sides to give a taper.
5)Change to 220, grit Then 320 only to get rid of sanding marks.
6)Hold the dowell steady and rock the receiver side to side rounding the finger groove smooth.
7)Last is the 600 grit with your finger to remove marks. Start with wet paper on your index finger on the new finger grove and pull away in one direction. Turn the receiver around and repeat in other direction.
8) Finish with a rag or your t-shirt and some elbow grease. Create some good friction with speed and pressure. It should should shine.
I promise you will never get GLOCK knuckle ever again.
If it scares you and you are in my neck of the woods I can do it for you.
Will post pictures tomorrow.
" A Free People Ought Not Only Be Armed And Disciplined But Should Have Sufficient Arms And Ammunition To Maintain A Status Of Independence From Any Who Might Attempt To Abuse Them, Which Also Includes Their Own Government."
~George Washington~

Last edited by Dellinger; 05-09-2016 at 6:08 PM..