Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 05-03-2013, 8:36 AM
Veteran Member

What pressure is currently being exerted as part of the sunshine initiative we funded for this county?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:17 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post
What pressure is currently being exerted as part of the sunshine initiative we funded for this county?
Good question, but I suspect it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalK9.com View Post
Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.
Old 05-13-2013, 9:36 PM

I have to say, a status update might be nice.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

LOL Forget it! CGF has abandoned this whole thing.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
LOL Forget it! CGF has abandoned this whole thing.
Abandoned, are you sure? Could it be a pause, while waiting for the 9th Circuit Opinion in Richards v. Prieto & Peruta v. County of San Diego.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:04 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardW56 View Post
Abandoned, are you sure? Could it be a pause, while waiting for the 9th Circuit Opinion in Richards v. Prieto & Peruta v. County of San Diego.
NO! I asked Brandon if resuming operations here on CGN were coming back for this project. His reply was "we will cross that bridge when we get to it"

Which to me means, right now, "no" maybe later? "who knows"
Old 05-31-2013, 9:32 AM

Just found this archived - http://web.archive.org/web/201206042...ontraCosta.pdf
Old 09-23-2013, 1:21 PM

So I've read what I could on this topic and it seems that its agreed that its almost impossible to get approved. However, I am determined to try and make it happen. What if I were to get a job that requires carry? Would that make a difference? Or would that be it? If so, what would be best? Except for sheriff... I know... Noob questions...
Old 09-23-2013, 2:30 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Call the Sheriff's office and ask.

It isn't impossible to get LTC in Contra Costa.

But there are 36 civilian LTC for 788,000 adult residents of the county (26 from the Sheriff). It's pretty unlikely.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 11-21-2013, 9:00 AM
I need a LIFE!!

If anyone wants to organize to get more CCWers in Contra Costa, see:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=818852
Old 12-08-2013, 6:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Ever since the first post link stopped working, where is the ccw app?

I went through just about all links and cannot find the info on the app, fees etc.

http://www.co.contra-costa.ca.us/index.aspx?NID=60
Old 12-08-2013, 6:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
Ever since the first post link stopped working, where is the ccw app?

I went through just about all links and cannot find the info on the app, fees etc.

http://www.co.contra-costa.ca.us/index.aspx?NID=60
Application is here.....
Old 01-06-2014, 1:15 PM

Does anyone know when Contra Costa will be in the spot light for making CCW a priority? Is there any reason to try and apply before CG gets seriously involved?
Old 01-06-2014, 2:06 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

See my location - you'll hear about it quite loudly.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 01-06-2014, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Well ill keep my ears open, good luck.

This message was converted from Braille using Tapatalk2.
Old 01-06-2014, 8:39 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Not sure I understand except your in Concord. Should I be hearing of a successful CCW? Or is there something else being planned? I'm just trying to figure out if its not a good time to apply now, then when will be a good time?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2014, 10:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I just made a post in the CA 2nd Amendment Political Activism forum I thought you guys might be interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I've been contacted via PMs by folks asking for the nearest location to their Bay Area workplace where they can get a CCW. This has also been the subject of more than a few threads. So I expanded upon one of my posts here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...9#post12974509
to use as a reference to save me time in replying. My most recent standard answer had been Solano Co, specifically the cities of Vallejo or Benecia. Why?

Vallejo is excellent for folks working in western CoCoCo: Rodeo, Pinole, San Pablo, El Cerrito, even down into Orinda and Berkeley (Alameda Co), depending upon traffic, time of day, and BART.

Benecia is excellent for people working in central CoCoCo: Martinez, Bay Point, Concord, Pleasant Hill, Clayton, and Walnut Creek.

Looking over google maps, I now see Rio Vista (also in Solano Co), is excellent for those working in eastern CoCoCo: Pittsburg east to Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood, and Discovery Bay.

So RIGHT NOW, pretty much anyone working in CoCoCo north of Moraga-Alamo can get a CCW and have a reasonable commute from Solano Co.

I looked at the map some more and realized if we could get San Joaquin Co to go "virtual Shall Issue" (i.e., liberally issue CCWs), people who work in San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, Castro Valley, Dublin, Pleasanton, and Livermore (all in Alameda Co) (again, depending upon traffic, time of day, and BART), as well as people in southern CoCoCo (Alamo, Danville and San Ramon), could live in Tracy and get CCWs. It would also give people working in eastern CoCoCo another option for where to live to get a CCW: Stockton.

Naturally, liberalizing CCW issuance would also benefit the many San Joaquin Co. residents who live & work in that county.

Winning San Joaquin Co means most anyone working in any part of CoCoCo and most people working in most of Alameda Co can get a CCW if they are willing to commute. (A LOT of people are renters nowadays, so moving won't be as bad for them.)

Thus, I think CGNers working in southern & eastern Alameda Co and southern CoCoCo. should get involved with San Joaquin Co CGNers in the 2014 San Joaquin Co sheriff's race to win "virtual Shall Issue" for that county.
Old 01-11-2014, 5:36 PM

Sorry to be a pest but my original question was never answered. Would it be better to wait or do it now? When would a good time to apply be? Would there even be any point in applying with the reputation of the department? Is there any timeline for contra costa to be dealt with?

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:25 AM
CGN Contributor

Am I missing something on the application I picked up yesterday from Concord PD? Every thread I read on here seems to have people talking about writing their essay prior to submission. However, on the application in the instructions for section 7, (good cause page) it says to REVIEW section 7 and be prepared to answer orally, and the blank lines indicate "interviewers notes" area. Am I totally misreading, or do you just write it in anyways?

Also, I see no mention of including references...is that just something you add anyway as well?

Thank you.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:53 AM

I'm kinda sad the best option presented is to move. 5 in bridge fees every day seems... Well .. ****ty

This message was converted from Braille using Tapatalk2.
Old 02-13-2014, 1:13 PM

post Peruta, time to apply???
Old 02-13-2014, 1:14 PM

Immediately. En force.

Narcissism is the belief in nothing masquerading as tolerance of everything...Ayn Rand
Old 02-13-2014, 1:23 PM

I know someone who wrote to the Sheriff... I didnt expect anything extraordinary but...

Here's the reply from the Sheriff:

"Thank you and we are aware. I am sure there will be appeals and some time before this goes into effect. I'll keep your suggestions in mind."
kcbrown -- The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Consider very carefully what that means for your oath to uphold the Constitution.
Old 02-13-2014, 2:48 PM
Calguns Addict

HA! what a response. Does this guy still not want to obey the LAW?
Old 02-14-2014, 4:10 AM

Here is the response from David. O. Livingston from Claycord.com in response to the 9ths Ruling...

“I was made aware of the ruling several hours ago. I have asked County Counsel to advise on the impact of the decision. I expect some clarification in the coming days”, Contra Costa County Sheriff David Livingston told Claycord.com.

To me that says pretty much, "I will continue to violate your 2nd amendment right to suit the agenda of myself and those with the same agenda as me.. So go #*$( yourself".
Old 02-14-2014, 6:33 AM
In Memoriam

Guys, we should all read this: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=893452

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalK9.com View Post
Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.
Old 02-14-2014, 1:06 PM

ƒ∨¢ⱪ this place. I was recently laid off. Heading to TX, NC, SC, GA, or TN...

Last edited by MacDaddy; 02-14-2014 at 1:09 PM..
Old 02-14-2014, 1:14 PM
Veteran Member

I wonder how much of the Sheriff's policy document will still be applicable after the relevant court cases.

XIV. Only two weapons allowed on permit unless the Sheriff okays it

XVI. No modification to the weapon including the use of expanded capacity or extended magazines (I presume that means we're stuck with 10 rounders even if the pistol is designed for a 15-rounder)

XVII, Sheriff may limit total number of permits allowed at any one time or geographical region. (This one will be interesting.)

XIX Sherriff may tell you to apply to your city first (I think this was recently shot down by another court case.)
Old 02-16-2014, 4:28 AM

Should we all gather together and apply at the same time? And also include the ruling with our apps? If we got enough people think we could still be ignored?
Old 02-16-2014, 5:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Im game
Old 02-16-2014, 6:14 AM

Count me in

Sig Sauer Carry Nightmare
Springfield Armory EMP
XDs 4.0
Old 02-16-2014, 8:40 AM

Me too

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2014, 9:55 AM

I'm down for communicating en-masse to the sheriff that there is a pent up demand for LTCs. However I'm not convinced applying is the best solution. We already know he will refuse the applications and the process is expensive at $195 before the inevitable rejection. So we are in effect paying him to waste his and our time with a near certainty it will go nowhere. It just seems like there has to be a better way.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:23 AM

I'm with PhalSe. I think right now we still have to wait. Antagonizing the Sheriff may not be the best idea.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:56 AM

Actually, i'm fine with antagonizing him, to a degree. I think we need to decide a good way of communicating, as a large group, to him that we want this and the 9th circuit has confirmed it is our right. I just don't think it's worthwhile to do so by applying because of the cost.

I was considering the Citizen report form since that has a formalized procedure around it, but other options are e-mail, phone calls, or regular mail using similar messages.
Old 02-18-2014, 5:59 PM

I'm tentatively in.

Also, what constitutes two weapons? Are they using serial numbers or makes/models?
Old 02-21-2014, 5:22 AM

Out of curiosity, where does the sheriff figure he can limit out carry options to 2 pistols? Hell, I've never understood why it's generally limited to 3 in other counties. Furthermore, how's he figure he can limit what, if any, modifications can and cannot be made to a pistol we want to carry?

Is it all just more BS he's made up or is there some bogus law he's basing this on?
Old 02-21-2014, 6:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I just made a post in the CA 2nd Amendment Political Activism forum I thought you guys might be interested in.
I was under the impression that you had to apply to the sheriff representing your county of residence, so if you live in Contra Costa, you can't apply in a more lenient county like Solano. Is that wrong?

I have also read somewhere that if you get a statement of support from a LEO as being a strong candidate, it makes your case for being granted a CCW. Is this true?
Old 02-21-2014, 6:35 AM
Senior Cabinet maker
CGN Contributor

Ric,

I find it interesting to note since the "Arab spring", these newly "liberated" ( and I use that term loosely) countries have some of the most lax gun regs. I was watching a show and the host was in Libya and everyone had a AK or some sort of firearm, sad to note that here in the U.S its still a struggle.

Land of the Free? Really?
Old 02-21-2014, 4:51 PM

San Diego is not appealing/filing en banc.

What does this mean for Contra Costa?