Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 07-25-2017, 6:09 PM

Default Sacramento *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedude916 View Post
Thanks Dvrjon. The link says no livescan service forms are provided at SSD. Do I need to print something out to take in? Or do they enter all my info into the computer while i'm there?

I got a LiveScan form *from the Sheriff doing my interview, during my first interview. Did you not get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2017, 6:15 PM

I did not.
Old 07-25-2017, 7:14 PM

Quote:
I did not.

They should have given you the livescan form after your interview. If they didn't you'll need to inquire and obtain it.
Old 07-25-2017, 7:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Thanks Dvrjon. The link says no livescan service forms are provided at SSD. Do I need to print something out to take in? Or do they enter all my info into the computer while i'm there?
Oh...sorry...you didn't ask that...You get the Livescan authorization from the SSD when they approve you to move forward.
Old 07-27-2017, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtrick View Post
Has anyone been approved or asked for updated residence proof that has not done a live scan? Just trying to see a pattern here.
My e-mail doesn't say approved, rather

"Congratulations! Your application for a Concealed Weapons Permit has moved to the next stage of the application process."

Then tells me to complete livescan, training and new residence verification.

3/24 application
7/17 interview
7/27 e-mail to proceed

Wishing I would have done livescan even earlier now.
Old 07-27-2017, 1:52 PM

Location: Born on the Sacramento River. Raised by an a Alligator, sired by a Lion. Backbone o' barbed wire!!

Got my duplicate in 33 days. Just sayin'.
Old 07-27-2017, 1:51 PM

Location: Born on the Sacramento River. Raised by an a Alligator, sired by a Lion. Backbone o' barbed wire!!

Got my duplicate in 33 days. Just sayin'.
Old 07-27-2017, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS94901 View Post
How would you have done that?
Old 07-27-2017, 2:09 PM

I had my initial interview last Wednesday, today got an email saying to proceed with livescan and training class.
Old 07-27-2017, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
How would you have done that?
By doing it the day I interviewed.
Old 07-27-2017, 2:59 PM

Quote:
My e-mail doesn't say approved, rather

"Congratulations! Your application for a Concealed Weapons Permit has moved to the next stage of the application process."

Then tells me to complete livescan, training and new residence verification.

3/24 application
7/17 interview
7/27 e-mail to proceed

Doesn't appear to be much consistency with applicants on the new system. I had my initial interview 5-03-2017. I was told by person conducting interview that it would be a good idea to start Livescan which I did the very next day and uploaded that completed Livescan form. I've received no email correspondence since and Permitium still has my application process as pending.
Old 07-27-2017, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by printrep View Post
Doesn't appear to be much consistency with applicants on the new system. I had my initial interview 5-03-2017. I was told by person conducting interview that it would be a good idea to start Livescan which I did the very next day and uploaded that completed Livescan form. I've received no email correspondence since and Permitium still has my application process as pending.
Yup on the inconsistency.
My initial interview was 2/22/17 and just today got the Permitium email to get and send documents (which I already did months ago).

BTW, I too did the live scan day of initial interview.
Old 07-27-2017, 3:28 PM

Quote:
You shouldn't hear back until you have provided updated residency, training cert and livescan results have come back. That may take 4 months.
Old 07-27-2017, 6:39 PM

I've recieved an email saying that my application has moved to the next step of the process. I'm assuming that means I'm approved?

Anyway, it said to upload additional documents, but doesn't tell me which ones, as seen below.

What do I do now?

Thank you.
Old 07-27-2017, 7:37 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before. On the day of my initial interview I also started my LiveScan. Does the " Request for LiveScan Service" form need to be uploaded ?

Thank You
Old 07-27-2017, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsting View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before. On the day of my initial interview I also started my LiveScan. Does the " Request for LiveScan Service" form need to be uploaded ?

Thank You
Yes it does.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2017, 5:51 PM

Quote:
By doing it the day I interviewed.
Patience. The loss of a few days is nothing. Others wait years IF they can apply.
Old 07-29-2017, 6:10 PM

like many of you I received the same 7/27/17 email. QUESTION is anyone have any info about Sac county weapons qualification? I would like to practice the same way the test is.
Than you

Bruce
Old 07-29-2017, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortman20 View Post
like many of you I received the same 7/27/17 email. QUESTION is anyone have any info about Sac county weapons qualification? I would like to practice the same way the test is.
Than you

Bruce
Qualification course of fire is entirely up to the instructor, and varies between training resources.
Old 07-29-2017, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucew57 View Post
Yup on the inconsistency.
My initial interview was 2/22/17 and just today got the Permitium email to get and send documents (which I already did months ago).

BTW, I too did the live scan day of initial interview.
They will want updated residency documents. I'd recommend updating those. Did the email specify WHICH documents?
Old 07-31-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I just received Permitium email (also notified via text message) saying application has moved to next stage of application and asking me to: 1. Complete Livescan, 2. Get Training, 3. Submit 2 current proofs of residency.

My initial interview was 5-03-2017 and I did my LiveScan the day after 5-04-2017.

As a side note, order tracker on Permitium web site still has my application as assigned but status pending.

Last edited by printrep; 07-31-2017 at 10:33 AM..
Old 07-31-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I just received Permitium email (also notified via text message) saying application has moved to next stage of application and asking me to: 1. Complete Livescan, 2. Get Training, 3. Submit 2 current proofs of residency.

My initial interview was 5-03-2017 and I did my LiveScan the day after 5-04-2017.

As a side note, order tracker on Permitium web site still has my application as assigned but status pending.
Yeah. I got one too. My initial appointment was 2/22/17.
Im guessing everyone in between got one too.
Not reassuring that we get nothing for months, then a flood all at once.
My currently pessimistic thinking is, some kind of send error.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:38 PM

Current schedule for 2017 initial application.

Scheduled interview: 1/11/2017

Interview w/ SSD: 2/27/2017

LiveScan submittal: 2/27/2017

CCW class: 5/21/2017

CCW range qualification: 6/2/2017

Received email asking to resubmit PoR, qualifications & LiveScan docs: 7/31/2017

Last edited by MGK; 07-31-2017 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 07-31-2017, 1:00 PM
Veteran Member

I lost my wallet today. Permit inside. Called up the I.A. and they said I have to report it online by requesting a new one through a modification appointment. I cant set the appointment without my physical license and a debit or credit card (mine were in the wallet). My replacement license will arrive "in a few weeks". So I cant even report it in their 10 day time line.

I'm a little worried. I'm also disarmed until this all shakes out.
Old 07-31-2017, 7:17 PM

Hi everyone, first time posting. Here's my timeline so far:

Application submitted: 1/7/17

Interview: 2/6/17

Submitted LiveScan: 7/28/17

Received e-mail to submit additional PoR and training/qualification docs: 7/31/17

The officer who interviewed me suggested waiting until all approvals come through before taking the class, so the certification doesn't expire as soon. Is it a better idea to just go take the class now while the rest of the application is processing?

Also, does anyone know if there's any chance of listing an additional handgun while the application is still processing? My third spot is still open.
Old 08-01-2017, 6:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post
I lost my wallet today. Permit inside. Called up the I.A. and they said I have to report it online by requesting a new one through a modification appointment. I cant set the appointment without my physical license and a debit or credit card (mine were in the wallet). My replacement license will arrive "in a few weeks". So I cant even report it in their 10 day time line.

I'm a little worried. I'm also disarmed until this all shakes out.
Why can't you report it? No copy of the DL in your files? (It really only needs the number to get the form submitted). Sac Sheriff certainly has it in theirs. Credit cards can be replaced overnight (or you can use someone else's).

Last edited by Dvrjon; 08-01-2017 at 7:01 AM..
Old 08-01-2017, 6:57 AM
Veteran Member

No, no copy. I did get a temporary replacement debit card. The customer name on it is "Wells Fargo Customer". However it doesn't work on the site. Because I applied for a new license the experation date is temp as well so the system rejects it.

The woman I spoke to yesterday said to report it once I receive my new license. She said I should receive it under the ten day cap but that's not what DMV said about a replacement license timeline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sapperforward; 08-01-2017 at 7:01 AM..
Old 08-01-2017, 7:06 AM

IXCC. Dont do training too early. I did mine early (thinking it was better to have the training cert with the initial appointment) and ended up going past the 6 month limit. I got a re-cert from my trainer so worked out OK.

I cant advise on adding a gun during the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCC View Post

Received e-mail to submit additional PoR and training/qualification docs: 7/31/17

The officer who interviewed me suggested waiting until all approvals come through before taking the class, so the certification doesn't expire as soon. Is it a better idea to just go take the class now while the rest of the application is processing?

Also, does anyone know if there's any chance of listing an additional handgun while the application is still processing? My third spot is still open.
Old 08-01-2017, 7:14 AM

Quote:

Statutes preclude IAs from "requiring" training prior to approval, so most don't advocate early training. Plus, Sac Sheriff only accepts training docs that are within six months of issuance (but issuance is moving faster, now.)
Quote:
The application can be updated while in process. When you upload your training certs, include all guns you want on the permit (limited to 3). With their modification policy, these are the only guns you'll have for the next two years.
Old 08-01-2017, 7:23 AM

Quote:
No, no copy. I did get a temporary replacement debit card. The customer name on it is "Wells Fargo Customer". However it doesn't work on the site. Because I applied for a new license the experation date is temp as well so the system rejects it.

The woman I spoke to yesterday said to report it once I receive my new license. She said I should receive it under the ten day cap but that's not what DMV said about a replacement license timeline.

Suggestion: Your insurance company may have your DL info...that won't change on the new license. You need the number to submit.

Upload a note stating you've lost the DL and have requested replacement, etc.

Chase, Wells Fargo and AMEX have all overnighted replacement credit cards to me in the past at no cost. The locals don't usually manage credit cards...that's left to the central offices and requires a phone call. Sometimes, you have to plead for help, a little, but it works.

Good luck.
Old 08-01-2017, 7:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Suggestion: Your insurance company may have your DL info...that won't change on the new license. You need the number to submit.

Upload a note stating you've lost the DL and have requested replacement, etc.

Chase, Wells Fargo and AMEX have all overnighted replacement credit cards to me in the past at no cost. The locals don't usually manage credit cards...that's left to the central offices and requires a phone call. Sometimes, you have to plead for help, a little, but it works.

Good luck.
YES! Some 16 year old kid just went to my house and dropped off my wallet. My son called while he was there. Everything inside. Even the $20 bill was there. I told my son to give the kid the $20 and to thank him for helping out. Kid said he found it on the ground next to pump 2 of the gas I stopped at around 6:20 a.m. yesterday. He must have found it minutes after I left.

Old 08-01-2017, 8:02 AM

Quote:
YES! Some 16 year old kid just went to my house and dropped off my wallet. My son called while he was there. Everything inside. Even the $20 bill was there. I told my son to give the kid the $20 and to thank him for helping out. Kid said he found it on the ground next to pump 2 of the gas I stopped at around 6:20 a.m. yesterday. He must have found it minutes after I left.

Congrats! There are still decent people out there!
Old 08-01-2017, 8:08 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Congrats! There are still decent people out there!
Somebody raised their kid right.

Old 08-01-2017, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Buy LOTTO tickets....TODAY!
Old 08-01-2017, 10:19 AM

Yay. There is still some GOOD in the world!
Old 08-01-2017, 2:20 PM

Quote:
The application can be updated while in process. When you upload your training certs, include all guns you want on the permit (limited to 3). With their modification policy, these are the only guns you'll have for the next two years.
Thanks for the reply. Is it as simple as qualifying with the additional firearm and uploading that certification with everything else, or would I need to post some sort of revised application or note?
Old 08-01-2017, 2:29 PM

I didn't have to do anything. My original application had 2 pistols, qualified with 3, and all 3 are on my permit.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:03 AM

So I just got my livescan done and they filled out the bottom portion of my livescan sheet. Do I need to scan the document and upload it? Or how does that work?

Thank you.
Old 08-02-2017, 5:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbra View Post
So I just got my livescan done and they filled out the bottom portion of my livescan sheet. Do I need to scan the document and upload it? Or how does that work?

Thank you.
Yes, upload that to the website. Then you must wait for the SSD to receive the results from your livescan. Once they receive your cleared results they will email you asking to upload updated proof of residency (if what you originally provided is older than 90 days) and proof of training/qualification. Lastly you will receive an email informing you your permit is ready for pickup.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2017, 7:44 AM

Does anyone know if I have to have all 3 guns I plan on having on my permit before I submit the app? I currently have 2 guns for sure that are going on the permit. I just bought a 3rd on an impulse thinking I would CCW it, but am having a hard time finding a holster for it. So now I'm thinking about using another of my 1 in 30 on another gun and was wondering if I could get the app started now and have that gun on my permit by the time I got it issued. Any help would be appreciated.