Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 03-30-2013, 8:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1 View Post
Keep laughing because later your going to have a long hard cry later. 'Everything was cheaper yesterday' John Suky

Unfired scope-less Yugo listed for $500 won't look bad soon.

On no I know what will happen with the prices. I have a hard time believing that there are thousands of G43's left ready for import.
Old 03-30-2013, 8:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emdawg View Post
Now now, don't be too optimistic.
Just a fact. It's well known. The Ukrainians do have these sitting in warehouses.... But, for the prices they want it's not economically feasible to import them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
Old 03-30-2013, 9:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokak View Post
AIM has them in stock for 119.00 right now. I don't understand all the panic with Mosins. Yes EVERYTHING is hard to find right now. But unless you HAVE to have it right away, a little patience will save you a ton of money.

LINK to Mosins at AIM

most of us here do not have a C&R. so we must buy retail. i like to see what i am buying first. it cost more that way.
Old 03-30-2013, 1:07 PM
Veteran Member

Wink ;)

Quote:
On no I know what will happen with the prices. I have a hard time believing that there are thousands of G43's left ready for import.

Do you really feel you need to do every quote with a picture and eat up space on the board? You can't just make a comment without duplicating another complete post?

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.
Old 03-30-2013, 1:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If you guys want to cry a little, Canada gets SVT-40 Imports for under 600 Dollars USD.

What are these G43's You're talking about? Inquiring minds want to know..
Old 03-30-2013, 2:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Do you really feel you need to do every quote with a picture and eat up space on the board? You can't just make a comment without duplicating another complete post?

Not really... no.

But I do admit that I need a better camera.
Old 03-30-2013, 3:07 PM
Veteran Member

i use an $89 ten year old Fuji 2600z. Please try and post without quoting with pictures it just use up space.

I fear it's true the days of $99 91/30's with bayonets and accessories is past over and gone.

Old 03-30-2013, 4:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontJames View Post
If you guys want to cry a little, Canada gets SVT-40 Imports for under 600 Dollars USD.

What are these G43's You're talking about? Inquiring minds want to know..
A few years ago some of the importers were trying to import some G-43's as well as a few other Russian capture weapons from the former Soviet republic of Ukraine. The Ukrainians were asking to high a price for the wholesalers to make a profit after paying all the associated cost to import them here. The Ukraine is a major source for all ex-Soviet weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
Old 03-30-2013, 6:17 PM

One of the dealers posted that he would have to charge over $2500 for a Russian Capture G43 because of the high asking price and that there was no way he could sell them at that price.

Also hear similiar stories about Winchester 1895's in 7.62x54r.
Old 03-30-2013, 6:18 PM

Bobby Ricigliano I purchased both my mosins in the last year from big 5 for under $100. Actually the price was $89. If your not a dick and deal with a local store they will give you the last sale price even if you are a few weeks past the sale. There was a mosin sale like every week just a year ago.
Old 03-30-2013, 6:45 PM

400 bucks for a unique gun isnt bad. This isnt 1988 anymore..like my first M44 was a whopping 69.00 at Big 5..i doubt a huge flood of imports is headed this way.
Old 03-30-2013, 7:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclgeo View Post
Bobby Ricigliano I purchased both my mosins in the last year from big 5 for under $100. Actually the price was $89. If your not a dick and deal with a local store they will give you the last sale price even if you are a few weeks past the sale. There was a mosin sale like every week just a year ago.
that was then, big 5 is out of Mosins and has been out for a few months. if they get them back at 179 i will be happy.
Old 03-30-2013, 8:15 PM
Calguns Addict

$400? There are plenty that are worth more than that.

Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperX View Post
I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.
Old 03-30-2013, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosinnagantm9130 View Post
$400? There are plenty that are worth more than that.
I have a Finn captured Westinghouse that cost me alot more than willing to admit lol....the bulk of my Mosins are from the 79 dollar range a few years back.

Its like when I had the chance to get 99 dollar russian sks's and blew them off.

I didnt do that with Mosins

How much were Krags in 1950? Or all those Mausers in Shotgun News in the 70's?
Old 03-31-2013, 1:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Ohhhhh you mean Mosin Nagant, I have 7 of those and 2 nagants. They are pistols.
Old 03-31-2013, 5:28 AM
Veteran Member

Either they'll sell or they won't. If they sell presumably they were worth it, at least to somebody. Maybe it's rare. Maybe the seller's delusional. Who knows.

There's probably going to be a big reshuffling of C&Rs in CA before the end of the year as people buy or sell anything they've been meaning to get/clear out of the safe. It's not clear what that's going to do to prices. We'll find out.
Old 03-31-2013, 6:29 AM
Calguns Addict

i bought my first Mosin nagant because it was on sale at big 5. i bought all the others around 14 because i like owning and shooting them. i prefer them over other similar rifles .And yes some of us do think it is a good looking rifle.
Old 03-31-2013, 2:48 PM
Veteran Member

There is a sucker born every minute...

PT Barnum
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 03-31-2013, 5:24 PM

Damn I guess I got suckered. Just paid $179 for a 1943Mosin at Big 5 last week. First Mosin, just an end user no c&r license. It was smothered in cosmo. So I couldn't really sit there and inspect it fully. Appears like the #'s matched. Don't know about the barrel. Guess its a craps shoot. At least I was able to secure a couple of tin cans of ammo. Beats me paying $1.50 per round to shoot an AR 223. Now that ... is ridiculous. $32.50 for a box of 20rds of 223? But sticking to the topic...it was $179 local gun store or pay $229 thru classic firearms who had them in stock at the time. Guess I will find out end of week if it was worth the extra cost. Its my first so cut the newbies some slack. Oh, this also beats the price of $599 for a sniper w/scope at Big 5. Sat on shelves for a few weeks before some1 picked it up in December.
Old 03-31-2013, 8:22 PM
Calguns Addict

i have one of those big 5 PU snipers. collector NO shooter YES. the scope and mounts are quality Russian parts made on the original tooling. all the other PU snipers i have seen retail at gun stores and gun shows are also reproductions and cost more than i paid big 5. yes you can get a nice PU from century arms for about the same price if you have a C&R. i got to hold and inspect the big 5 sniper and i liked it. the scope set up at the factory was so well done i did nothing to center it.
Old 03-31-2013, 8:51 PM
Calguns Addict

One thing to consider-

Even at $179 (retail), is there a better .30 rifle widely available on the market for under 200? And if there is (which I find unlikely), is the price per round less than ~.20 cents?

Quote:
I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
Quote:
Old 03-31-2013, 9:08 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

If you bought a Mosin and paid a little extra in a panic market with a weak dollar, it isn't the end of the world. Just take it out and shoot it and have fun.

I just bought another M91/30 last night and didn't have any real need for one. I just like them and it was a good price.

I will reaffirm though, that fancying yourself as more clever than the average buyer today based on prices you paid in the past is ignorant of the current realities of the firearms market.
Old 04-01-2013, 5:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
If you bought a Mosin and paid a little extra in a panic market with a weak dollar, it isn't the end of the world. Just take it out and shoot it and have fun.

I just bought another M91/30 last night and didn't have any real need for one. I just like them and it was a good price.

I will reaffirm though, that fancying yourself as more clever than the average buyer today based on prices you paid in the past is ignorant of the current realities of the firearms market.
WELL SAID
a hardware store surplus rifle in say 1975 for 59 bucks in todays $$$$ is the same as a Mosin for 179. my new 1977 buick regal with every option cost me 7,000 bucks back then. a middle priced buick today 30-35 thousand.
Old 04-01-2013, 7:35 AM

Quote:
i use an $89 ten year old Fuji 2600z. Please try and post without quoting with pictures it just use up space.

I fear it's true the days of $99 91/30's with bayonets and accessories is past over and gone.

I don't find having the pictures in the quotes to be annoying enough that I would comment on it.

“When you want to kill a man, you must shoot for the heart and the Winchester is the best weapon."
-Ramon, A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKinzey
The chuckleheaded tinfoil-asshatter racist (yes! that's a couple of names and a label!)
Old 04-01-2013, 8:21 AM

In January I bought PPT for $300 for a numbers matching M44 with excellent barrel and no cosmo to deal with. Original stock with stamps and dings. It was what I wanted, in the condition I wanted, and I was able to hold and inspect it prior to the sale. A few $ higher than pre-panic days but it was quick (time/money) and easy. No regrets. YMMV.
Old 04-01-2013, 8:54 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

These are the two I bought on Black Friday 2012 at Big 5, and I really haven't seen any since. The manager was very cool and let open a bunch of boxes to find what I wanted and I really scored.

1940 Izhevsk All matching mint (Blonde)
1940 Tula All matching mint (Dark)

Here is my desert shooter. 1944 Izhevsk M44. I shoot it all the time and it runs like a top. All matching. I paid $275 for it prior to getting my FFL03 and I love it.

Last edited by Bobby Ricigliano; 04-01-2013 at 8:57 AM..
Old 04-01-2013, 8:54 AM
Banned

All the collectors on here are thinking no, $400 Mosin's is insane!!! BTW may I peek through your collection...

I sold 2 mosins for over $400 last week a 1947 91/30, and a Tula 1911 M91. OVER $400... The 47 was a run of the mill 70's refurb electro match recent import.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member

Just to play devil's advocate here, my first russian SKS set me back $89. That doesn't mean I wouldn't pay $400 for one nowadays. Markets change overtime, it doesn't matter what guns used to sell for, it's all about what they're going for now.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstrap View Post
All the collectors on here are thinking no, $400 Mosin's is insane!!! BTW may I peek through your collection...

I sold 2 mosins for over $400 last week a 1947 91/30, and a Tula 1911 M91. OVER $400... The 47 was a run of the mill 70's refurb electro match recent import.
a 1947 M91/30 is quite rare.

FFL03, FL & UT CCW, MD Designated Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeeler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettster View Post
I need a C & R!
Try cocaine, it is less expensive and less addictive.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Mod without thumbs
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

precise will drop again on this. People can ask what ever they want. Doesn't mean they`ll get it.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadcoyote View Post
Just to play devil's advocate here, my first russian SKS set me back $89. That doesn't mean I wouldn't pay $400 for one nowadays. Markets change overtime, it doesn't matter what guns used to sell for, it's all about what they're going for now.
I think a lot of the shock is that the price has changed so quickly. Someone may have bought an M-44 for $69 more than a decade ago but now the price is doubling in the course of a few weeks.

Good thing I stocked up on Mosins when they were at least years price.

“When you want to kill a man, you must shoot for the heart and the Winchester is the best weapon."
-Ramon, A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKinzey
The chuckleheaded tinfoil-asshatter racist (yes! that's a couple of names and a label!)
Old 04-02-2013, 7:18 AM
Veteran Member

Smile ;) LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTokarev View Post
I don't find having the pictures in the quotes to be annoying enough that I would comment on it.
But you did comment with a photo.

Old 04-02-2013, 9:02 AM
Calguns Addict

i wanted another M-44. found a nice laminated 1944 izzy at a small gun store. it was 349. i thought about it and bought it. i could have walked. most of the m-44s i see at the gun show or pawn shops are not in good shape for less than 300 bucks.
Old 04-02-2013, 5:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstrap View Post

The 47 should bring that much, post war 91/30s are rare.

If the M91 was in any sort of decent shape $350-400 isn't unrealistic.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 6:30 AM
Veteran Member

Lets not forget his lordship just signed an executive order stopping imports of C&R surplus for private sales. No more imports, wake y wake y girls. Those here that bought my Finn collection are now very happy folks.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:00 AM

Location: Sage (eastern edge of Temecula Wine Country), Southwest Riverside County

Quote:
Well ask Marcus von W. He probably knows all the locations of Mitchell's secret warehouses full of those new K98's he puts out.

No, only "Dishonest Don" Mitchell, with his extensive family and industry connections, knows where the secret stashes of the world's last few remaining extensively reworked and faked Russian capture Mausers and beater Lugers are located. As close as Don and I are and as much as I admire the man and his work, he still won't tell me where he gets these treasures.

About Nagants - we hates 'em, Precious. There might be a few out there that are worth more than a couple hundred bucks, but to me most are just $100 clunkers.

Now Mosins, that's a different subject! I think $400 is way to low for a nice Mosin, so I just listed one of mine (a mismatched 1938 Tula) for sale for $600 (I was considering $800, but it was late and I wasn't thinking clearly) and sold it within two and a half hours from listing it.

Regarding my friend Backstrap's 1947 91/30 - I think there is a little more here that he isn't telling you - like that it's a very rare PU sniper. Likewise that nice looking scopeless Yugo sniper that MJ posted - that was already a $500+ rifle 5 or 6 years ago....I know because I sold a few of them from my collection for that price. I might add that MJ is a very discriminating and discerning collector, and anything I've seen from his collection has been an investment-grade item that will guaranteed shortly be worth more than he sold it for.

I also have several more mismatched 1930's dated Tula 91/30 rifles for sale in the $1,500 to $1,800 range if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 04-03-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Old 04-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Veteran Member

^^^^ I will take one for $100
Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 AM

Location: Sage (eastern edge of Temecula Wine Country), Southwest Riverside County

PE top-mount or PEM siderail?
Old 04-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Suprise me.
Old 04-04-2013, 8:06 AM

I have one I'm thinking of listing. It's a 43' I ex P/U. It has the bent bolt, with a p/u type mount with 1" rings for modern scope. Comes with a leopold 3x9 scope and 1k rounds of 148 gr russian ball ammo. I was thinking $600 for the lot. The bent bolt, scope mount, scope and ammo are worth that much alone. Plus a cleaning after market cleaning kit and bayonet.