Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-09-2010, 7:17 PM

Default So i gotta vote democrat??

Really confused about how to vote this november.....i liked meg whitmans stance on illegal immigrataion and welfare.but im pretty sure shes just blowing smoke. her stance on the 2nd amendment is sketchy at best, she hints at supporting gun control.

then we got a democrat, who supports the 2nd amendment (how sure are you about that?)

so how shold Calguns collectively vote for our best interests for gun laws. There should be a sticky that educates most passerbys which way to vote that would impact our fight against gun control.
Old 06-09-2010, 7:19 PM

What is her stance on illegal immigration? Last I heard she was denouncing AZ.
Old 06-09-2010, 7:20 PM
Veteran Member

what's your source for her stance on gun control? ebay? hardly relevant
she's been quoted as saying she is a "staunch supporter of 2nd amendment rights" but also was confused about our current laws, saying she said we didn't need to change them (though my interpretation was that she meant we didn't need any MORE)
Old 06-09-2010, 7:24 PM

Meg is another RINO who is all smoke & mirrors, She has stated herself she denounced the AZ immigration law. If you value your Firearms look at the Anti-Gun stance Ebay took while under her control, all she has right now is her Money & being the only Republican Candidate on the Ballot come November. Whitman stated in a SF Chronicle article a while back that that she believes "tough gun laws like assault weapon bans and handgun control are appropriate for California".
Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNCU15SUDJ.DTL

JB is the most 2A friendly candidate come November. I will not vote for another RINO come November, the way I see is JB is the only 2A friendly & Qualified Candidate in this Lesser of Two Evil election.

Last edited by P.W.; 06-09-2010 at 7:32 PM..
Old 06-09-2010, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo223 View Post
So I gotta vote Democrat.
No you dont.

Jerry Brown could walk up to my door and hand me an AW permit for my AR-15 and I will still not give that dirtbag my Vote. Meg is just blowing smoke. she cannot be trusted and her inexperiance in politics will be Arnold v2.

I will just have to hold my nose, do a native indian dance and pray to the Cal gods. I just have no other choice.

Im not a one issue voter. I live in California (small business owner)and I have lots of issues that Im faced every day. Guns are very important to me, but not a be all end all issue.

Last edited by Mstrty; 06-09-2010 at 7:38 PM..
Old 06-09-2010, 7:39 PM
CGN Contributor

If someone doesn't stop the out-of-control spending in Sacramento, we'll be too broke to afford to shoot anyway. I'll be looking closely at that in the coming months. I feel like Jerry will be a rubber stamp for all the crazy crap the Democratic controlled state legislature comes up with. But I could be wrong.
Old 06-09-2010, 7:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

We could all move and slowly let the morons eat each other up. I'm going to create a party where all productive people just leave outright and we go to another state that can handle us. Let the people sucking the system dry stay there and eventually they'll all go gangbanger and kill each other off like morons. Hmmm, what would that party be called.
Old 06-09-2010, 7:40 PM

Ive never voted for a democrat in my life and i'm fully prepared to vote for brown. I feel like im in the effin twilight zone..
Old 06-09-2010, 7:41 PM

If I ran ebay I wouldn't have gotten into guns either. Too complicated with too much exposure they didn't want the first massacre to be tied to a gun purchased on ebay. Not that I support her though.
Old 06-09-2010, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck View Post
If someone doesn't stop the out-of-control spending in Sacramento, we'll be too broke to afford to shoot anyway. I'll be looking closely at that in the coming months. I feel like Jerry will be a rubber stamp for all the crazy crap the Democratic controlled state legislature comes up with. But I could be wrong.
Your not wrong. Jerry's cell phone has but 2 number in it 1-800-ILUV-Unions and 1-900-Screw-U
Old 06-09-2010, 7:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
she's been quoted as saying she is a "staunch supporter of 2nd amendment rights" but also was confused about our current laws, saying she said we didn't need to change them (though my interpretation was that she meant we didn't need any MORE)
Actually, eBay's policies are quite relevant. And as I'm sure you know. Actions speak louder than words.
650-315-2210
http://CoyotePointArmory.com
Old 06-09-2010, 8:00 PM

Just watch how much money the unions give good ole moonbeam. That will give you an idea of what happens if elected. Payback central, nice pension increases and more pay increases for those now making more than 32% over private sector jobs.
http://reason.org/news/show/public-s...-sector-salary

I need a job and want to keep some of my paycheck. If he wins we will pay more in taxes period. Meg said she doesn't believe we need more gun laws. Like others have said here we need to have a better business climate and attract business not chase them out like we are now. More expense and fewer taxpayers sending in money doesn't work. Moonbeam is in love with the global warming BS and hangs with the woman in charge at CARB that is working round the clock to cost us all money and jobs. Total fail if JB wins IMO.
Old 06-09-2010, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENVYGREEN View Post
If I ran ebay I wouldn't have gotten into guns either. Too complicated with too much exposure they didn't want the first massacre to be tied to a gun purchased on ebay. Not that I support her though.
Ebay didnt just ban guns they banned thing that required licensing or registration to transfer. Cars and knick knacks dont require registration or licencing to purchase. If I ran any site that had millions of members transfering goods one on one I too would never allow anything that could ever get me yanked into court. Just think I sell a lockpick set so a burgler I open myself up to unnessessary litigation. I sell a yoda pepsi can to a burgler no harm no foul. Its just business.

I realize that this forum is heavy in 18-30 year olds. At that age its all about Guns girls and booze and Jerry is probably your guy. When you get older and start accumilating assets you will vote in a way that better protects your assets. Jerry is a Robin Hood. Tax the rich and give to the lazy unemployable granola eating subaru driving progressive wacko.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by Mstrty; 06-09-2010 at 8:09 PM..
Old 06-09-2010, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombmaster View Post
Ebay didnt just ban guns they banned thing that required licensing or registration to transfer. Cars and knick knacks dont require registration or licencing to purchase. If I ran any site that had millions of members transfering goods one on one I too would never allow anything that could ever get me yanked into court. Just think I sell a lockpick set so a burgler I open myself up to unnessessary litigation. I sell a yoda pepsi can to a burgler no harm no foul. Its just business.
They banned virtually all firearm related items, not just complete firearms.
Old 06-09-2010, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrent View Post
Just watch how much money the unions give good ole moonbeam. That will give you an idea of what happens if elected. Payback central, nice pension increases and more pay increases for those now making more than 32% over private sector jobs.

I need a job and want to keep some of my paycheck. If he wins we will pay more in taxes period. Meg said she doesn't believe we need more gun laws. Like others have said here we need to have a better business climate and attract business not chase them out like we are now. More expense and fewer taxpayers sending in money doesn't work. Moonbeam is in love with the global warming BS and hangs with the woman in charge at CARB that is working round the clock to cost us all money and jobs. Total fail if JB wins IMO.
Whitman stated in a SF Chronicle article a while back that that she believes "tough gun laws like assault weapon bans and handgun control are appropriate for California".
Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNCU15SUDJ.DTL
Old 06-09-2010, 8:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thayne View Post
Ive never voted for a democrat in my life and i'm fully prepared to vote for brown. I feel like im in the effin twilight zone..
^^ This, I told my Mom I was (more than likely) going to vote for JB and she said

I just remember when I was a boy and he was the Gov. things were not as bad as they are today. Hell the economy (US) was not in to bad of shape when Arnie took over CA but it sure didn't do to good in the last 8 years .... I fully expect Meg to be just like Arnie. (has no idea what Sac will be like)

Not only that but CEO's always seem to cut the people that are needed to keep the comp running (the worker bees if you will) I know we need smaller gov but I think starting by having a part time legisator would be great, I just don't see ether of them doing that. So I will vote for the one I think will be good on the 2nd and can (maybe work with the A**hats in Sac, because until they are out I don't think it will mater who the Gov is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
More what? More crazy?
You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.
Old 06-09-2010, 8:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Anyone not voting Brown is putting other things above gun rights.

Whitman + Cooley or Harris = a rash of gun control California has never seen the likes of.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Veteran Member

Quote:

Get it right, Meg said she doesn't believe we need more gun laws, NOW. What happens next week is different. Meg will throw gun owners' under the bus, to get something she wants passed.

DILLIGAF
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice"
"Once is Happenstance, Twice is Coincidence, Thrice is Enemy Action"
"The flak is always heaviest, when you're over the target"
Veteran Member

Arrow

If you are not voting for JB because of his party then you don't know how to vote.

JB actually put his money where his mouth was by submitting an Amicus Curiae with SCOTUS in support of Incorporation against the States in the McDonald case.

That (IMO) goes farther than a single vote in favor of pro-2A legislation. And that is worthy of my vote for him on 11/02.

Erik.
Old 06-09-2010, 8:26 PM

Sorry but I need a job to be able to buy my guns and ammo. I am counting on the courts to help on the gun rights I guess. I am so done paying more fees/taxes for this program or that program that help my family in no way. I am with you all for fighting for our rights and I auto donate to CGF every month without fail but JB is a big reason we are in this mess in the first place. If I could I would be out of here in a second but that's not the case for now. I am looking at the big picture and cash is king.
Old 06-09-2010, 8:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
So i gotta vote democrat??
Not really...

May I suggest Libertarian?
Old 06-09-2010, 8:29 PM
In Memoriam

Another Repub gov is just going to continue the gridlock with the legislature. I think Jerry Brown has an eye on the legacy of saving California from itself.

And, Meg Whitman hasn't done much, nor taken a position on anything, for sure.
Old 06-09-2010, 8:31 PM

JB is a union whore. His funding from now till Nov will come predominantly from the unions, who even the Dems admit contribute to at least 50% of why CA is in such a dire financial state (listed as top 10 in the world which includes Pakistan and other NATIONS). I'm not too crazy bout MW either, but from what I've gathered, JB will be worse than the current Governator.

Jack Bauer's Tools of the Trade
Old 06-09-2010, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thayne View Post
They banned virtually all firearm related items, not just complete firearms.
Its just business. Why hire people to monitor items that may be legal to buy/sell between these 2 members but this member lives in MA or CA and this sale of this item is illegal to transfer to here or there. So now we need to verify shipping location or we could be guilty of facilitating an illegal transaction blah blah blah. Its just wise business.
Old 06-09-2010, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredieusa View Post
You dont want your AR to be AW'd just so you can drop mags. You will loose all the freedom you have with an OLL, like selling it off in the open market, loaning it to friend n family, travel and such. Just saying..
Huh?
Old 06-09-2010, 8:39 PM

I'll say this about Brown... When he was elected Mayor of Oakland he clearly stated four goals...
  1. reducing crime,
  2. revitalizing the downtown,
  3. encouraging educational innovation and
  4. promoting the arts.
Even with the City Counsel fighting against him at almost every juncture, all four were a success...
The reduction in crime seemed marginal...
with a Free Floating Piston...

Last edited by Cali-V; 06-09-2010 at 8:41 PM..
Old 06-09-2010, 8:47 PM

Default Votine

Quote:
Jerry Brown could walk up to my door and hand me an AW permit for my AR-15 and I will still not give that dirtbag my Vote. Meg is just blowing smoke. she cannot be trusted and her inexperiance in politics will be Arnold v2.

Im not a one issue voter. I live in California (small business owner)and I have lots of issues that Im faced every day. Guns are very important to me, but not a be all end all issue.
+1.

I'm also not a one issue voter. Taxes, government spending and the solvency of this state are WAY more important to me. No freakin' way I'm voting for Jerry Brown and his staunch Union backers. He has virtually no funding other than what they funnel to him. The unions are one of the primary problems with this state.

Whitman is as bad as the disgrace of a governor we have now when it comes to gun rights, but I'd still take her any day over Moon Beam.

That's my .02 and its worth what you paid for it.

Regards,

John
Old 06-09-2010, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Really confused about how to vote this november.....i liked meg whitmans stance on illegal immigrataion ...but im pretty sure shes just blowing smoke.
Which stance on illegal immigration are you talking about? It changes every month with her.

Meg February 2009 - "Asked if she would favor cutting benefits such as welfare or health care to illegal immigrants, Whitman said that although border enforcement is important she would not support such cuts, because "whether they're legal or illegal (immigrants), those benefits go to children ... and we have to protect the children."

http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-02-1...hts-budget-gap

Meg October 2009 -

Meg at election time 2010 - "100% opposed to amnesty," yet she is also opposed to Arizona's immigration law...

http://www.megwhitman.com/platform_t...gration&page=1

Yeah, so she'll say just about anything to get elected. I won't trust a word out of that f***ing RINO's mouth.

Quote:
"Whitman... believes tough gun laws like assault weapon bans and handgun control are appropriate for California."

"-- Guns: She said she supports Second Amendment rights, but that an assault weapon ban and handgun restrictions are "probably the right thing in California." She does not own a gun."

http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-02-1...hts-budget-gap
Old 06-09-2010, 8:52 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post

Whitman + Cooley or Harris = a rash of gun control California has never seen the likes of.

-Gene
I think the cold hard truth here is McDonald is more then likely going our way. Most people who are gun owners, are not liberal. In all honesty, do we really think Meg Whitman is going to pull some BS gun law 4, 8 or 12 months after we are granted incorporation? Where does 1 draw the line on which party to vote for when we all have other issues? Is a liberal Governor the answer when small businesses are drowning, because we don't want to have to deal with the possibility of another bad law they pass, that we end up bashing down anyway?
Old 06-09-2010, 8:56 PM
Calguns Addict

I think this time, the sky might really be falling...

Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame.
People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 06-09-2010, 9:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Meg Whitman makes me running to vote for Brown.

And I am familiar with Brown.
Old 06-09-2010, 9:06 PM

Quote:

-Gene
I agree. However Government spending, Illegal loving, Union sponsored litigation if far more damaging to CA than a rash of gun control. Anyone that believes the boogie man is coming to my front door to confiscate up my gun in the next 4 years is challenged. We will have to win in the courts and work on flipping the legislature, After McDonald Jerry and Meg will be more irrelevant to the RKBA.

I guess we will just have to wait and see while agreeing to disagree.
Old 06-09-2010, 9:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I agree. However Government spending, Illegal loving, Union sponsored litigation if far more damaging to CA than a rash of gun control.
Chief Judge Alex Kozinski on the Second Amendment: "However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

I'm just happy you acknowledge that you're putting other issues above gun rights which defocuses the progun vote.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 06-09-2010, 9:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Really confused about how to vote this november.....i liked meg whitmans stance on illegal immigrataion and welfare.but im pretty sure shes just blowing smoke. her stance on the 2nd amendment is sketchy at best, she hints at supporting gun control.

then we got a democrat, who supports the 2nd amendment (how sure are you about that?)

so how shold Calguns collectively vote for our best interests for gun laws. There should be a sticky that educates most passerbys which way to vote that would impact our fight against gun control.
Both suck, for somewhat different reasons. It's bad enough this year where I'm not even going to bother voting for either of them. It's one of those elections where whoever wins, we lose. I want no part in it. And those that think we aren't going to get screwed in some manner by JB are just deluding themselves. Maybe it won't be on RKBA issues (maybe), but in other areas he most likely will and the legislature will certainly indulge him. Prop 14's passage doesn't raise any optimism for me, either. Sure, you'll still have your guns (maybe), but the State won't be worth staying in anyways; California is on the path to ruin, and neither Whitman or Brown will help in this regard and as of now there is no hope for our legislature.
Old 06-09-2010, 9:35 PM

I don't know why people think whitman will be better then brown in any way, she has zero political experiance and is used to running a company not a state. We are beyond screwed if she gets into office.

This is what Meg Whitless first day of office is going to be like.

Meg: ALL OF YOU DO THIS AND DO THAT AND LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY I AM IN COMMAND!!!!!

Everyone else: No

Meg: Crap, I can't just tell people what to do. What do I do now?

FAIL
Old 06-09-2010, 9:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Sorry but I need a job to be able to buy my guns and ammo. I am counting on the courts to help on the gun rights I guess. I am so done paying more fees/taxes for this program or that program that help my family in no way. I am with you all for fighting for our rights and I auto donate to CGF every month without fail but JB is a big reason we are in this mess in the first place. If I could I would be out of here in a second but that's not the case for now. I am looking at the big picture and cash is king.
You have fallen for the BS that the governor controls the economy or can create jobs. The governor cannot. Electing Meg will not create jobs, no matter what she promises, nor will it reduce the fees and taxes you pay. Jerry Brown wasn't in the governor's office when the current problems started, Davis and Deukmejian, and Wilson had more to do with it. People need to open their eyes and look at the facts instead of blindly buying into the BS put out by the political campaigns or the mainstream news media.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Intergalactic Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

We're screwed either way this time around. AGAIN!!!

.........STGC(SW)

SAF Life Member

NRA Benefactor
Old 06-09-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Anyone that believes the boogie man is coming to my front door to confiscate up my gun in the next 4 years is challenged.
I am literally at a loss for words.
Old 06-10-2010, 8:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

-Gene
call me crazy but that's just what I am going to do

we have the legal system and the constitution on our side as valuable tools to strike down the antis - whitman's stance on ebay policy type control really isn't as big an issue to me, once mcdonald is handed out

maybe i'm thinking wrong, but as of this moment that's my opinion
Old 06-10-2010, 8:45 AM

Quote:
we have the legal system and the constitution on our side as valuable tools to strike down the antis
This hasnt stopped the antis in the past...

Seriously, anyone voting for Whitman is probably only looking at the (R) next to her name...