Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > The Target Man - AR500 Shooting Targets
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 5:22 PM

Default Shot my Steel Targets, pics.

Went shooting this past Saturday and got to test some of Target Mans steel 3/8 targets. I will have to say, these took a beating with all kinds of ammo.

1st up was the pistol target, we shot all kinds of calibers, from .22 to 45 and a couple of 223's. This target was setup at 15 yards.

Front,
[IMG][/IMG]

Back,
[IMG][/IMG]
No dimples and the reason there are two shot markings on the back, is cause I fliped the target when I was shooting it with my 45 and I shot the back before it could flip back.

The next one was setup at 200 yards and was shot with 223, 762x54r and 308.
Front,
[IMG][/IMG]

Back[IMG][/IMG]
As you can see, no dimples on the back.

This next target was shot at 300 yards with the same calibers as the 200 yard target.
Front,
[IMG][/IMG]

Back,
[IMG][/IMG]
No dimples here either.

All in all, these things took a beating and I am really happy with them, looks like these will last a long time.
Old 10-24-2012, 5:25 PM

Nice. I still haven't had a chance to test out mine. Any pics of how you set up your targets?
Old 10-24-2012, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDIEGOx View Post
Nice. I still haven't had a chance to test out mine. Any pics of how you set up your targets?
Yes, I made this stand out of rebar and black gas pipe, here is the pistol target,

This stand was purchased and had a 10" square which I replced with TM's target. I have two of these but one has a 3" spinner target and the one on this pic is 6".

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-24-2012, 6:26 PM

Nice! Thanks for the pics.

I will say that I am not a big fan of painting targets, neither are people who I shoot with. Once you paint targets, you have to continually repaint them. Some people don't mind doing that, but it does end up being a PITA. However, living in Tucson, we don't have much of a rust issue either. Eventually the raw targets will get surface rust, but I just take a rag with some WD-40 or something and give it a quick wiping. Keep in mind all this is just my opinion and the shared opinions of my shooting crew.

Those targets should last you thousands upon thousands of impacts. One thing I do with my IPSC targets that a lot of other manufacturers do not do is I round the corners going from the body to the head. When you have a sharp 90" angle, it makes the plate susceptible to cracking right in that area. By rounding the corner there, it makes the transition in to the neck a bit easier and eliminates the cracking by reducing the stress area.

Thanks again for the pics!

Be sure to visit our site for UNBEATABLE pricing on AR500 Targets and Ballistic Body Armor! www.TheTargetMan.com

"LIKE" us on Facebook! (we will post coupons and unadvertised specials on FB!)

View our Calguns Subforum!

Last edited by TheTargetMan; 10-24-2012 at 7:35 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 6:37 PM

I like painting them, specially when setup far, it makes it easier to find with iron sights and quicker to find with scopes.
Old 10-24-2012, 7:37 PM

Don't get me wrong, they look good, but they are a lot of upkeep. I supposed for real long shooting it may have it's advantages, but I'm just lazy and don't like having to paint them over and over. Just my $.02.

Be sure to visit our site for UNBEATABLE pricing on AR500 Targets and Ballistic Body Armor! www.TheTargetMan.com

Old 10-24-2012, 8:05 PM

Envious :[ my plate is still under my bed
Old 11-03-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHa View Post
Envious :[ my plate is still under my bed
HRM.....monsters under your bed?

Assumption is the Mother of All ****Ups. Speaking of ****ups, where the Hell are all my packages
Old 11-07-2012, 11:33 PM

i just got mine in today and i have to admit the quality and cut is superb. cant wait to also put it thru its paces. the only downside i can fault this is i wish u guys made a bigger one too! lol. the "half" size ipscs are perfect for pistol but i would like to see a 66% or larger. if u guys can whip a batch and include shipping like the last GB im so all over it. end result, i love it. keep it coming guys.
Old 11-08-2012, 6:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyBrows View Post
i just got mine in today and i have to admit the quality and cut is superb. cant wait to also put it thru its paces. the only downside i can fault this is i wish u guys made a bigger one too! lol. the "half" size ipscs are perfect for pistol but i would like to see a 66% or larger. if u guys can whip a batch and include shipping like the last GB im so all over it. end result, i love it. keep it coming guys.
Thanks for the kind words. The 66% IPSC is something we have mass-produced. The only problem with making the bigger targets is the shipping. I can ship up to 5 IPSC 1/2 scales for $13 to include insurance, which is how I make these group buys so affordable. I don't think there is any flat rate box that can fit a 66% IPSC target in, so shipping would be a little more money.

I'm not opposed to making them one bit. I just need to work out the shipping kinks for the larger items and we can make this happen. I have been talking with UPS for the past 2 weeks or so and it appears we may be using them for our larger shipments. Their "handling" is definitely far superior to that of USPS.