Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:28 PM

Default another Optic mount Thread....

I know this has been beat to death and I apologize.

Although I consider myself an expert “googler” I can’t figure this out.

What I am getting is an Ampoint Micro H1 and a Magnifier.

I really want the Aimpoint or Eotech Mag.

Absolute or 1/3 co-witness does not matter to me as I won’t be running my BUIS at the same time. (although they will be present on My Rifle)

What does matter to me, is the mag and red dot lining up properly (my OCD).
Obviosly if I go with a Eotech G33 Mag all I need to know is the Correct Micro Mount to “line it up” as close to center as possible.
I know and have read a thousand times that if it’s a little off it does not matter functionality wise, but since I’m buying these things new from scratch, I’d like to nail it.

I want the Magnifier in a Flip to Side mount and have been looking at the LaRue LT55s. Also have been checking out the ADM & GGG stuff.

I cant wrap my head around all the “this will work with this but will be a little lower, this will work with this but be a little higher.” from LaRue

I just want a clear answer of “this is the best possible solution of your micro and magnifer linig up” (i.e Seekins ### mount for the Red Dot with LaRue ### mount for the Magnifier” (my head is spinnig from 3 weeks of looking at pictures).
mixing and matching of product lines from differing companies are welcome of course.

Below I have attached Hardware Pics of what seems to work the best but It’s hard to identify the exact products. (can anyone help?)

Any help would be greatly appriciated (bonus point for Pics**)

As I said, I know there is a million threads on this but I can’t find any Clear Answers.

Thanks so Much in Advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T1-MAGLT1.jpg (70.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5148.jpg (95.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2137mod.jpg (89.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg T1-MAGCLOSELT1.jpg (90.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg ErTni.jpg (99.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 11-11-2013, 11:24 PM
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecowboyblack View Post
I know this has been beat to death and I apologize.

Although I consider myself an expert “googler” I can’t figure this out.

What I am getting is an Ampoint Micro H1 and a Magnifier.

I really want the Aimpoint or Eotech Mag.

Absolute or 1/3 co-witness does not matter to me as I won’t be running my BUIS at the same time. (although they will be present on My Rifle)

What does matter to me, is the mag and red dot lining up properly (my OCD).
Obviosly if I go with a Eotech G33 Mag all I need to know is the Correct Micro Mount to “line it up” as close to center as possible.
I know and have read a thousand times that if it’s a little off it does not matter functionality wise, but since I’m buying these things new from scratch, I’d like to nail it.

I want the Magnifier in a Flip to Side mount and have been looking at the LaRue LT55s. Also have been checking out the ADM & GGG stuff.

I cant wrap my head around all the “this will work with this but will be a little lower, this will work with this but be a little higher.” from LaRue

I just want a clear answer of “this is the best possible solution of your micro and magnifer linig up” (i.e Seekins ### mount for the Red Dot with LaRue ### mount for the Magnifier” (my head is spinnig from 3 weeks of looking at pictures).
mixing and matching of product lines from differing companies are welcome of course.

Below I have attached Hardware Pics of what seems to work the best but It’s hard to identify the exact products. (can anyone help?)

Any help would be greatly appriciated (bonus point for Pics**)

As I said, I know there is a million threads on this but I can’t find any Clear Answers.

Thanks so Much in Advance
I can only tell you what the mounts are, not whether they line up perfectly.
Ready?
1. Daniel Defense mount and Larue flip to side. Looks like tall version.
2. T-1 on an ADM mount. Primary Arms magnifier on ADM mount. You'll have to call Primary Arms because they do carry some non-standard ADM mounts made for their brand of Micro-Dot. Sorry.
3. LaRue T-1 mount tall and an old EOTech Gen 1 flip mount. You don't want one they were crap. I know because I had one for a short while.
4. Same as #1, Daniel Defense mount, tall LaRue Magnifier mount.
5. Tall LaRue T-1 mount and Short LaRue flip mount

Frankly, the only flip mount I would buy is the LaRue. NOBODY makes a better flip mount, NOBODY.

I own the tall version with an Aimpoint magnifier and a tall LaRue T-1 mount. If I had it to do over I would get either the tall t-1 mount and the SHORT magnifier mount. OR the absolute co-witness t-1 mount and the short magnifier mount.

Don't worry about the offset it works fine. Just be aware that the magnifier was actually designed to be used with the Comp M3 or M4 aimpoints. It works OK with the T-1.

I also have an EOTech and an EOTech Gen2 magnifier on a flip. I do not like the flip mechanism because the magnifier can flop around if you are running. Same with the ADM rotate mount. The only mount that does not flop around is the LaRue.

Get the LaRue set up it is the only one to have. An get some counseling for your OCD... LOL

Final word before you thank me. I do not recommend RDS and magnifiers. After some experience with them I found that a 1-4X scope is a much better way to go. Specifically the Trijicon TR24R. It points like an Aimpoint close up, but gives you much better magnification and better eye relief. Put it on a Bobro extended mount and you will be happy you made that choice.

Either run an RDS with no magnification or a SCOPE, the magnifier option is a kluge.

Good luck

Last edited by ScottsBad; 11-11-2013 at 11:29 PM..
Old 11-12-2013, 6:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Keep in mind, decent magnifiers allow you to make adjustments. I've run a lower 1-3rd co-witness magnifier with a regular co-witness magnifier without any problems. Just required more adjustment.