Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-07-2015, 1:32 PM
Baboosh's Avatar
Baboosh Baboosh is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 6,792
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default SSE for 1911 Frames, Rancho Cucamonga

Looing for an STI? Wilson Combat? Les Baer or any other custom 1911? Let us help you get that custom 1911 that you always wanted that is not on the CA roster.

If the frame was never assembled as a complete semi auto pistol we can use our SSE kit to transform that frame into a Break Top or Bolt Action Single Shot Pistol and DROS it for you.

Penal Code 32100(b) :
shall not apply to a single-shot pistol with a break top or bolt action and a barrel length of not less than six inches and that has an overall length of at least 10 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled. However, Article 4 (commencing with Section 31900) and Article 5 (commencing with Section 32000) shall apply to a semiautomatic pistol that has been temporarily or permanently altered so that it will not fire in a semiautomatic mode.

A frame that was never assembled into a semi automatic can be manufactured into a exempt single shot pistol. If the pistol was at anytime a complete pistol this service is not available.

(866) 270-7858
sales@secondamendmentzone.com
Or PM us here
__________________
Just a normal guy

Last edited by Baboosh; 04-07-2015 at 1:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-07-2015, 4:16 PM
SimonBirch's Avatar
SimonBirch SimonBirch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,145
iTrader: 22 / 96%
Default

Tagged
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,899
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damngato View Post
So ordering a frame with a pre-fit slide is ok since it isn't a complete semi auto pistol? That's great news, thanks Jamie
I think what they are going to do is build you from the ground up is a functional bolt action 1911.

What you do with the frame after that is up to you.
__________________
Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Whatthepho? Whatthepho? is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 339
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Subd
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-08-2015, 12:21 PM
Baboosh's Avatar
Baboosh Baboosh is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 6,792
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damngato View Post
So ordering a frame with a pre-fit slide is ok since it isn't a complete semi auto pistol? That's great news, thanks Jamie
The slide can never be attached to the frame. If it was then it was manufactured as a semi auto and no longer a bare frame. We cannot build you a SSE pistol out of one that was ever a semi auto.

To my knowledge I do not know of any gunsmiths that can pre fit a slide without assembling the gun

Get the bare frame, let us build it to a bolt action 1911 and after you pick it up do what you wish to it as long as it's legal .
__________________
Just a normal guy
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-08-2015, 12:34 PM
damngato's Avatar
damngato damngato is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Dimas
Posts: 2,801
iTrader: 94 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboosh View Post
The slide can never be attached to the frame. If it was then it was manufactured as a semi auto and no longer a bare frame. We cannot build you a SSE pistol out of one that was ever a semi auto.

To my knowledge I do not know of any gunsmiths that can pre fit a slide without assembling the gun

Get the bare frame, let us build it to a bolt action 1911 and after you pick it up do what you wish to it as long as it's legal .
Ok cool, that makes sense. Thank you!!
__________________
http://www.shop42a.com/

WTB:
Any CZ
Sig in 10mm or 357 Sig
Browning Hi-Power
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-08-2015, 5:22 PM
Whatthepho? Whatthepho? is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 339
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

I think OP is talking about bare frames like this
http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...prod55445.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-08-2015, 5:28 PM
707electrician's Avatar
707electrician 707electrician is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 2,698
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

I wish there was a shop in nor cal that did this! I've been wanting to build a 1911 for a long time
__________________
Brian Kelly

PM me for electrical work
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-08-2015, 5:33 PM
SimonBirch's Avatar
SimonBirch SimonBirch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,145
iTrader: 22 / 96%
Default

So what's the price for the kit? I'm sure we are all dying to know
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-08-2015, 7:53 PM
Mute's Avatar
Mute Mute is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Diamond Bar
Posts: 6,390
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Can we order frames through you or do we order ourselves and have them sent to you?
__________________
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

American Marksman Training Group, LLC
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-08-2015, 8:49 PM
Baboosh's Avatar
Baboosh Baboosh is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 6,792
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonBirch View Post
So what's the price for the kit? I'm sure we are all dying to know
Contact us for a quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
Can we order frames through you or do we order ourselves and have them sent to you?
Yessir. Order away and let us know and we'll take care of the rest.
__________________
Just a normal guy

Last edited by Baboosh; 08-06-2015 at 10:36 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-08-2015, 9:33 PM
Armas1911's Avatar
Armas1911 Armas1911 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: OCALA
Posts: 535
iTrader: 65 / 100%
Default

Interesting! but let me correct you that a slide can be fitted to any 1911 frame without completely building a gun.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-08-2015, 11:25 PM
JackRydden224's Avatar
JackRydden224 JackRydden224 is online now
Single stack pistol guy
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Irvine
Posts: 7,079
iTrader: 82 / 100%
Default

Subscribed.

Will you be posting prices for frames you are able to order?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-09-2015, 7:15 PM
Oldmandan's Avatar
Oldmandan Oldmandan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,204
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

So, could I DROS one of these through you then? And, what would that cost me?

http://www.tacticalmachining.com/191...rame-1911.html
__________________
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them" - Richard Henry Lee

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-10-2015, 9:53 AM
Baboosh's Avatar
Baboosh Baboosh is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 6,792
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Subscribed.

Will you be posting prices for frames you are able to order?
No because the options are endless. We can order for you or you can have one shipped in. Let us know what you are looking for and we'll start from there. If it can be purchased as a frame we can help you attain it.
__________________
Just a normal guy

Last edited by Baboosh; 08-06-2015 at 10:37 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-10-2015, 9:54 AM
JackRydden224's Avatar
JackRydden224 JackRydden224 is online now
Single stack pistol guy
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Irvine
Posts: 7,079
iTrader: 82 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboosh View Post
No because the options are endless. We can order for you or you can have one shipped in. Let us know what you are looking for and we'll start from there. If it can be purchased as a frame we can help you attain it.



$169 frame
$75 SSE
$65 transfer
Sales tax: $13.52

Total:$322.52

This doesn't cover your shipping obviously.
Awesome I can finally get a Titanium frame from Caspian

EDIT: Baboosh can we transfer multiple frames under 1 DROS?

Last edited by JackRydden224; 04-10-2015 at 11:20 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-10-2015, 9:58 AM
alex45auto's Avatar
alex45auto alex45auto is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 997
iTrader: 99 / 100%
Default

tagged
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-10-2015, 11:55 AM
king kong king kong is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 450
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

I might have to take advantage of this next month.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-10-2015, 2:31 PM
Mute's Avatar
Mute Mute is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Diamond Bar
Posts: 6,390
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

And the planning begins....
__________________
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

American Marksman Training Group, LLC
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-10-2015, 3:39 PM
Baboosh's Avatar
Baboosh Baboosh is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 6,792
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Awesome I can finally get a Titanium frame from Caspian

EDIT: Baboosh can we transfer multiple frames under 1 DROS?
No. Remember these will not be frames when submitted. They will be 100% complete and functioning single shot bolt action or break top pistol.
__________________
Just a normal guy
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-10-2015, 8:13 PM
CLOUT's Avatar
CLOUT CLOUT is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Socal | 626 SGV
Posts: 477
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

This is exciting, PM sent Jamie.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-15-2015, 8:37 AM
Baboosh's Avatar
Baboosh Baboosh is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 6,792
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

Bump.

Have a few Calgun members starting the process.
__________________
Just a normal guy
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-15-2015, 3:45 PM
Firefight's Avatar
Firefight Firefight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 595
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Anyone have a follow up report of this working with exceptional results?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-15-2015, 4:17 PM
claylakers's Avatar
claylakers claylakers is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 2,597
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

tagged
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-17-2015, 10:02 AM
lwlaml's Avatar
lwlaml lwlaml is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Eastvale, CA
Posts: 670
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

What do you mean by exceptional?

I went through the process and it was as boring as any other DROS. It was awesome because 2A is the best in the business!!! Service, flexibility and friendliness are unrivaled.

Lester


----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefight View Post
Anyone have a follow up report of this working with exceptional results?
__________________
Lester W. Lam

Pistols and rifles and shotguns, oh my!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-17-2015, 10:11 AM
JackRydden224's Avatar
JackRydden224 JackRydden224 is online now
Single stack pistol guy
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Irvine
Posts: 7,079
iTrader: 82 / 100%
Default

So when you DROS the frame was it a bare frame or did it have all the parts you would normally have for a 1911 complete frame?

I'm still confused LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-17-2015, 10:20 AM
muritku's Avatar
muritku muritku is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Simi Valley
Posts: 231
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Tag
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Cedone12 Cedone12 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 442
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

PM sent a few days ago but I know you two are busy! Please let me know?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-17-2015, 4:06 PM
Baboosh's Avatar
Baboosh Baboosh is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 6,792
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlaml View Post
What do you mean by exceptional?

I went through the process and it was as boring as any other DROS. It was awesome because 2A is the best in the business!!! Service, flexibility and friendliness are unrivaled.

Lester


----------
Hey now, I'm sure Sandra entertained ya. But yes as far as the DROS process it's pretty boring. Sign here, thumbprint here, date here, sign here, stick your finger in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedone12 View Post
PM sent a few days ago but I know you two are busy! Please let me know?
Yikes! I know I typed up a response so I am not sure what happened. Just sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
So when you DROS the frame was it a bare frame or did it have all the parts you would normally have for a 1911 complete frame?

I'm still confused LOL!
It is a fully functioning bolt action or break top (depending which kit is available) 1911 that holds and fires 1 round at a time.
__________________
Just a normal guy
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-17-2015, 9:41 PM
lwlaml's Avatar
lwlaml lwlaml is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Eastvale, CA
Posts: 670
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboosh View Post
Hey now, I'm sure Sandra entertained ya. But yes as far as the DROS process it's pretty boring. Sign here, thumbprint here, date here, sign here, stick your finger in here.
Shelby was much more entertaining!!! We were playing "Guess which hand" with a pen cap. After a couple of rounds she was trying to trick me!!!

Thanks again for the single shot.
__________________
Lester W. Lam

Pistols and rifles and shotguns, oh my!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-17-2015, 10:32 PM
Newport's Avatar
Newport Newport is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 150
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Please forgive the ignorance of my question, but referring back to your Post No. 30, a fully functional bolt action or break top mounts on the otherwise bare lower to create an 1911 that holds and fires 1 round at a time. After completion of the DROS process, the top assembly is removed and returned to 2A Zone, and I walk out the door with my fully DROS'ed bare lower. No trigger or any related parts need to be installed in the bare lower during the DROS process. Is this correct?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-18-2015, 9:32 AM
Baboosh's Avatar
Baboosh Baboosh is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 6,792
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newport View Post
Please forgive the ignorance of my question, but referring back to your Post No. 30, a fully functional bolt action or break top mounts on the otherwise bare lower to create an 1911 that holds and fires 1 round at a time. After completion of the DROS process, the top assembly is removed and returned to 2A Zone, and I walk out the door with my fully DROS'ed bare lower. No trigger or any related parts need to be installed in the bare lower during the DROS process. Is this correct?
How will the gun fire without a trigger and all other internal parts. If we just put a slide on it how is that a functioning gun? We build the frame into a functioning single shot 1911.

After dros is complete if you do not want our parts we will remove all parts we installed.
__________________
Just a normal guy
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-18-2015, 12:52 PM
Newport's Avatar
Newport Newport is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 150
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Baboosh: Thank you for your explanation as to how the process works. Now I understand the details that were a bit of a mystery to me. Best regards.

Last edited by Newport; 04-18-2015 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Grammer
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-19-2015, 10:27 PM
compshell compshell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GPS Signal Lost
Posts: 465
iTrader: 85 / 100%
Default

Might as well just start from an 80% frame and bypass the ffl/dros. Reason guys buy high end 1911s is because they are factory built and tuned for accuracy. Building a frankenstien outside of the factory really devalues the pistol. JMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-20-2015, 6:11 PM
Baboosh's Avatar
Baboosh Baboosh is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 6,792
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by compshell View Post
Might as well just start from an 80% frame and bypass the ffl/dros. Reason guys buy high end 1911s is because they are factory built and tuned for accuracy. Building a frankenstien outside of the factory really devalues the pistol. JMHO.
Someone doesn't understand what's going on here....
__________________
Just a normal guy
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-20-2015, 7:50 PM
Sky Soldier's Avatar
Sky Soldier Sky Soldier is offline
Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 114
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Baboosh, common sense is a far cry from common, I don't believe you can dumb it down any further. . .
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-20-2015, 9:14 PM
JackRydden224's Avatar
JackRydden224 JackRydden224 is online now
Single stack pistol guy
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Irvine
Posts: 7,079
iTrader: 82 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by compshell View Post
Might as well just start from an 80% frame and bypass the ffl/dros. Reason guys buy high end 1911s is because they are factory built and tuned for accuracy. Building a frankenstien outside of the factory really devalues the pistol. JMHO.
The problem is a 80% 1911 is not something a normal Joe can just put together in his garage on a given weekend. The advantage of having a complete frame is so that a well known gunsmith/shop can complete that custom build for you while being fully legal. You can ask the entire CGN population and probably find less than 1 in 100 people who are capable of building their own 1911 from a 80%.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-20-2015, 9:26 PM
Psychbiker Psychbiker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fox Hole
Posts: 1,378
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
The problem is a 80% 1911 is not something a normal Joe can just put together in his garage on a given weekend. The advantage of having a complete frame is so that a well known gunsmith/shop can complete that custom build for you while being fully legal. You can ask the entire CGN population and probably find less than 1 in 100 people who are capable of building their own 1911 from a 80%.
Exactly. Until a method to cut the rails becomes simpler, it will never be easy. If the rails are off at all, part is over.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-30-2015, 7:11 PM
aatruong's Avatar
aatruong aatruong is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posts: 1,864
iTrader: 185 / 100%
Default

Hehehe...let's spend some! I'll be saving when I'm out of my 30
__________________
When the s^*t hits the fan, ready your Koch in hand.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-30-2015, 8:04 PM
USAFVET1's Avatar
USAFVET1 USAFVET1 is offline
Calgunner
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 789
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

tagged
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:10 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.