Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences Discuss Concealed Carry Permit/License classes here.

Old 01-22-2011, 8:49 AM

Thumbs up LFI Training (ccwtrainer) - Great training!

Instead of clogging up the thread under my specific county (El Dorado), I figured that I'd create a new thread here to give my thanks to Wesley Lagomarsino (ccwtrainer here on CG.net) of LFI Training for a fantastic CCW training course.

The training is clear and concise, and is delivered with a distinct lack of puffery and chest-thumping. On the range, safety and gun handling are emphasized, and the practical qualification required for the class will ensure that you are capable with your chosen weapons.

I highly recommend Wesley for anyone seeking thorough training for CCW, or any other pistol training*, that goes well beyond the "bare minimum".

Thanks, Wes!

* I'm sure that he offers other training, such as rifle tactical, but I have not taken any, so I'm not offering my opinion on such.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:03 AM

Thank you. I enjoyed putting on a class for you and getting you under way with your CCW process. You certainly deserve a CCW. You're level headed, you have excellent gun safety and gun handling skills, and you demonstrated great marksmanship, especially during our extra curricular, shooting while moving exercises. It certainly shows that you have attended sport shooting events like IDPA and training at Front Sight. The more the better.

Take care.
Wesley Lagomarsino, CA CCW Instructor - Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Yolo, Yuba, the Cities of Davis, Galt, Ione, Jackson, Lodi, Manteca, Ripon, Stockton and Tracy ... and many more to come ... and Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, Maine, Oregon, Utah, Virginia & Washington

www.LFIguns.com - serving Sacramento, Reno, the Central Valley, Foot Hills and Bay Area
Old 01-22-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacto929 View Post
Instead of clogging up the thread under my specific county (El Dorado), I figured that I'd create a new thread here to give my thanks to Wesley Lagomarsino (ccwtrainer here on CG.net) of LFI Training for a fantastic CCW training course.

The training is clear and concise, and is delivered with a distinct lack of puffery and chest-thumping. On the range, safety and gun handling are emphasized, and the practical qualification required for the class will ensure that you are capable with your chosen weapons.

I highly recommend Wesley for anyone seeking thorough training for CCW, or any other pistol training*, that goes well beyond the "bare minimum".

Thanks, Wes!

* I'm sure that he offers other training, such as rifle tactical, but I have not taken any, so I'm not offering my opinion on such.
I agree. Great teacher/class. I will get more instruction from Wes.
Old 04-29-2011, 4:13 PM

Default Class with Wesley

It was nice chatting with you on the phone today..As soon as Rod gets home i am going to call you and set up the days with you...Have a great rest of your day...
Old 06-13-2011, 10:37 PM

I just completed Wes' CCW class last weekend and had a great time and highly recommend his class to everyone. He is a super nice guy and treats everyone with respect and kindness. He is patient and encouraging with even the most novice students. I appreciated his dedication to safety on the range and the willingness to let us to practice a few fun drills after all the qualification was done. He has a great attitude and an open mind, and allows students to find what works for them when it's something beyond basic fundamentals.

I look forward to taking another class from Wes someday soon!

Old 12-17-2011, 3:59 PM

Hello,

I am posting today to thank Wes for a great weekend of training and to recommend his class to anyone looking to improve their skills and satisfy CCW training requirements.

I actually took the CCW class with another local instructor who has received unabashed praise on this board and others and received bad training while watching him abuse people at the expense of his ego. So I have an idea how Wes's class compares and I recommend him without hesitation.

The class I took was taught by Wes and Joe Truesdale last weekend. Both instructors are highly competent and confident without making the class about themselves. The class is focused on giving good and relevant information in the short time allotted. The qualification course of fire Wes selected is well-reasoned and Joe and Wes run a safe range. They also do a good job of translating the legal verbiage into language that's understood and paint good examples of what the responsibilities of carrying a concealed weapon might look like on the street.

Outstanding training! Thanks again.
-H.
Old 12-18-2011, 3:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have to chime in also.

I attended Wes' class a couple of months ago, and the training was absolutely top-notch.

Both lecture and range time was superb! I will definitely be taking training from Wes again!

"Orwell was an Optimist" - Cali-Glock
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

Freedom Week: March 29-April 6, 2019 // Freedom Day: April 23-24, 2020 - Thank you, Judge Benitez!
NRA - Endowment Member // CRPA - Life Member (Disclaimer: Everything I write is fiction. I am just here to try out ideas for my to-be-written great-American-novel.)
Old 12-18-2011, 8:59 PM
Veteran Member

Just finished Wesleys class today(16 hour Sac county ccw). It was excellent. I have shot for over 20 years and have never attended a formal training. I was not really nervous, but anxious. Well after looking at the 15 yard with my jframe in hand I was thinking...ok sht..I may not pass this first shot. Not to mention both my airweight 38special j frame and little short barrel LC9 seemed to be well tiny compared to that distance..also have never shot such small pistols..or hell shooting pistols at that distance much at all.. I passed first time through with only shooting these two once before.

I will admit here I did think about missing to shoot more, but we had a full class and would of been unfair.

The safety as I know Wes will say is #1 ...was #1. I felt completely comfortable with 15+ guys and a girl being armed and drawing from concealment. Its far different from being on a "public" ..or hell even a members only range. Im fortunate to have enough land to shoot long range and everything in between, but I have shot plenty at public ranges and am always watching what the other" shooters" are doing...a little nervous.

At Wes's class...not at all- and we had 15--17+ people? whatever it was ..we were full

The combination of his experience and his attitude and very welcoming"non pompous *** tacticaool shooter" attitude really set a great atmosphere. Im sure it helped that everyone there was pretty dam well behaved/thoughtful and careful.

I will be taking classes from Wes in the future I can guarantee. I will tell my wife its something I have to do: ) His 2nd in command today Andy was also a great addition.

Besides that I have also never been to the Sac Valley Shooting center..KickAss! I am a big fan of steel targets..hard for me to not smile when I hear the crack of the rifle..burning of air as the round screams through the thin air..then gonnngg . I look forward to returning to Sac Valley and another dose of Wes's humor...well at least his class.. hahaha.. I kid

The other thing was I had a warm and fuzzy feeling seeing all these great Americans making it there duty to help keep their families and society safer. I look forward to the day when criminals/section 8 zombies do not know who is armed... Go Get your dam CCW!

If anyone wants more opinion or questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again Wes

Bryan Wurth
Old 12-18-2011, 9:30 PM
Veteran Member

Wes is a really decent guy and has most certainly become one of the best trainers in the Sacramento area. He runs the range time very safely and effectively and is usually willing to stick around just shooting with you until the range closes for the day, if you're wanting to just do some extracurricular shooting with him. Once the course is done, you've passed, he still has the range for the rest of the day, and he loves to shoot, so why not?

Wes really is exactly who he says he is. He doesn't play around, doesn't "puff himself up," has a "different" sense of humor and is very, very passionate about teaching others how to defend themselves (in a legal manner) with firearms. I very much highly recommend him for his CCW course in the Sacramento region. When I go for my renewal, I will most certainly be attending his class.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:49 PM

Hands down, I have to say that Wes teaches his students with safety as the number one priority. That said, he will make you a better shooter, who is more confident with a real world scenario. I wouldn't hesitate to choose him when you have the opportunity.
Old 12-19-2011, 8:25 AM

Keep up the good work Wess! Thread I started for LFI with more recommendations
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=397414
Old 12-19-2011, 8:41 AM

I just did my CCW class with Wes over a week ago. Excellent!!!!! Great instructor and he really keeps things professional but at the same time relaxed and entertaining. I took the class with Wes and Joe. They are very good at spotting bad techniques and guiding you to be a better and safer shooter.

If you want to actually learn something and have fun then sign up for his CCW training.
Old 02-02-2012, 4:27 AM

Wes is truly a very experienced and safe instructor to work with. I have enjoyed a couple of classes taken with him. If you need training(who doesn't) give him a try. You won't regret it. Money well spent in my humble opinion. P.S. Wes is a DOJ qualified instructor and that is listed on the Sac Sheriff website as one necessary qualification.

Last edited by kimber_ss; 02-02-2012 at 4:31 AM..
Old 02-24-2012, 6:36 PM

Took Wes's class Feb 11 and 12. Absolutely outstanding!!! I contacted Wes before I took the class, as I needed some questions answered and wanted to discuss with him what I was looking for in a class and in an instructor. We spent a good amount of time on the phone. I found Wes to be extremely personable, completely knowledgeable, and passionate about his work (all of the qualities I was looking for in an instructor).

Once in the class, I was very happy to see all of these traits in action. He, along with Joe, presented a class that I will never forget.

In my humble opinion, if you want to learn something from knowledgeable experts, take Wes's class. It is well worth the money. Because of my experience with Wes and Joe, I will undoubtedly be taking many more classes from them.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:20 PM
CGN Contributor

+1 It wouldn't be right for me to remain silent on this issue. I took Wes' CCW class over a year ago and it was, by far, the best firearms training I had ever taken. We are lucky to have he and Joe close by. Their knowledge and experience are top notch. I was amazed at the patience Wes showed to some of the less experienced participants in our class. He went out of his way, and spent the extra time (after class), to make sure that they not only passed, but earned the passing scores. LFI = Front Sight, California Campus.
Old 02-25-2012, 6:35 AM

Default Wes at LFI

Couldn't agree more with all the positive comments about Wes and his LFI company. He offers the best training. Period.
Old 03-22-2012, 9:42 AM

Ditto to all of that! My wife and I took a basic pistol course from Wes (both long time shooters, but new to handguns). Apparently my wife was a little apprehensive about taking the course, but had a great time. She wanted me to mention to all the ladies out there that Wes was great, and made her feel very comfortable. She improved DRASTICALLY by the end of the course.

Thanks Dude!
letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. ME 16:45.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:02 AM

All of the above. Thanks Wes/Joe. W/B taking more classes soon.

edited to add "Joe".
Old 05-31-2012, 7:49 AM

Thanks a bunch guys. It's been awesome helping you all get your CCW's!
Wesley Lagomarsino, CA CCW Instructor - Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Yolo, Yuba, the Cities of Davis, Galt, Ione, Jackson, Lodi, Manteca, Ripon, Stockton and Tracy ... and many more to come ... and Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, Maine, Oregon, Utah, Virginia & Washington

www.LFIguns.com - serving Sacramento, Reno, the Central Valley, Foot Hills and Bay Area
Old 06-01-2012, 5:29 PM

Got the info. Thanks

Last edited by daNkiest; 06-03-2012 at 7:35 AM.. Reason: Info received
Old 08-19-2012, 7:00 PM

Default CCW/LTC Initial/Renewal Courses & More

I just wanted to throw out there that we're offering the CCW/LTC Initial/Renewal courses 3 times per month. Twice on weekends and once on weekdays. Also, every course that we teach can qualify as your renewal course. So, if you want something a little more advanced than the basic CCW course, let me know and we'll get you into one of the following 8 hour courses:
  • Pistol Proficiency - CCW Level 1
  • Rapid Response - CCW Level 2
  • One Handed - CCW Level 3
  • Unorthodox Shooting Positions - CCW Level 4
  • Force On Force - CCW Level 5

We're also putting on:
  • Home Defensive Shotgun Level 1
  • Home Defensive Shotgun Level 2
  • Home Defensive Carbine Level 1

Last, if you're interested in being able to carry in the vast majority of the US, ask me about the following non-resident CCW/LTC mail order permits:
  • Arizona - gives you Nevada and 30 other states
  • Utah - gives you Washington and 30 other states
(for an interactive map to see all of the states that honor these permits go to: http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html)

Thank you for all of your support. I look forward to providing more excellent education and having more fun with you in the classroom and on the range!!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:44 PM

Hi Wes, my name is Shawn and I took my ccw class with you about 9 months ago then I had to change one of my weapons and did that with you as well. I read your post and wanted to get more training and was wondering if you could email me your schedule for the classes that you offered. Im actually interested in all you have listed so a schedule for all of them would be great. Also I will need to schedule another weapon change time with you as I got a Kimber custom cdp I want to start carrying. Thanks and keep up all the great work.
Old 08-21-2012, 6:05 PM

Shawn,

Since you're planning on taking another course, you'll be pleased to know that one gun qualification is included with any course that you attend (shotgun & carbine included). Here's a link to my schedule/calendar: http://lfiguns.com/index.php?option=...onth=08&day=08.

I look forward to shooting with you again soon!!

Wes

Old 05-17-2013, 9:59 AM

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. I greatly appreciate your support and friendship.

Old 05-17-2013, 8:04 PM

Outstanding instructor.

I took a CCW class with Wes and Joe recently. My wife had taken the same class and said it was really great - she was spot on. Wes is just awesome (Joe is also awesome, but this review is about Wes.) This man knows his material and backs it with experience. He was able to take a very serious and often dry subject and make it fun, accessible, and applicable to the individual.

Within the first few minutes Wes had the class laughing at at ease. A consummate professional, I never felt uncomfortable or nervous about approaching Wes or asking questions - even on the range, where anxiety naturally runs high. He is eager to help and excited to educate his students. While one can never be 100% prepared to apply this subject manner in the real world, I believe I am one huge step further in the right direction after such great instruction.

I feel absolutely privileged to have such a resource available here in the Sacramento area and will certainly be back for more classes. I highly recommend LFI for your firearms training.

If you happen to find yourself in the Stockton area, he's a mean resource for site-seeing and travel recommendations as well
Old 06-13-2013, 3:14 PM

Completed my CCW renewal class with Wes this week. I had my initial class with him 2 years ago. I had a great time again, Wes makes learning an enjoyable experience. He makes sure you leave with the information and tools you need.
Clay
Old 10-11-2013, 9:38 AM

I attended a CCW class (16hour two day) with Wes at the Sac Valley Shooting Center. He was Professional, Safe and knowledgeable.

I would recommend to anyone. His class cost more for a reason, I think it is worth it to pay for his level of trraining. The state requirement is the lowest level of ability. He will remind you how important training is. He will explain your responsibilities as a CCW holder. He will also make it very clear this is not a joke, this not a movie. be prepared for the **** storm if you have to engage someone with your CCW. Make sure the decision is the right one.

Range time was safe safe safe and fun. After my qualification I was still able to throw soem rounds down range while others were qualifying. One guy was not safe, he was no longer firing. Wes handled the situataion professionally and immediately.

If you want a Bulls$%# class take someone else if you want to feel more competent in your undertanding regarding your CCW take Wes's class.

He uses the computer with projector to pull up the DOJ website and actually site the law. You get to see it in black and white. I felt really comfortable seeing the statutes compared to somebody trying to quote them. He then provided the links for this information.

Thanks Again Wes, Good Game.....

Old 10-14-2013, 8:17 PM

Default LFI CCW instruction

You might see this post in another thread that has to do with Lagomarsino Firearms Training, so please just plese bare arms with me...

As you can see ive been a member for a few months but have never posted. I just like to keep up to date on whats going on and view classifieds. So I dont post. BUT........I have to this time. Not because Wes told me I had to, but because I needed to. So here I go.

I searched/reserached for months in preperation for my CCW instruction and it always pointed to Wes. No BS with this guy. Very fun, very informative, and most of all...........I felt safe! Wes is at the top, in my opinion, in the nation as a competitive shooter and his knowledge of law is second to none. Your confidence with handling a gun and skills to be a better shooter will improve significantly. I recommend him to all who would like to better there skills and or knowledge of gun safety and gun law. Thanks Wes!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:56 PM

Wes is the sht. He is as good as you could expect from an instructor and he runs a super safe ship all while being laid back and friendly. Instruction shouldn't be based on price alone and should be on what you are actually going to be taught.

An Ivy league education is much more expensive than a degree from a community college, but you are going to get the best education possible at the more prestigous and equally more expensive school.

The only negatives I can give are that the chairs in class aren't all that comfortable and that the course isnt 4 days instead of 2. We just didnt have the time to really talk about everything that can happen when using a firearm in a public area. Wes being a ex-LEO had a lot of insight from all sides of the equation and was able to give the real life examples that arent written in the firearms laws.

The biggest things I took from the class are that I need more work on shooting (which I am now signed up for a different class from him) and that you should try to avoid using your firearm until there is no more time left and you MUST use it.

His goal is to teach you to be safe, both from threats and also from prosecution as well as being accurate if you are required to shoot you weapon.
Old 02-05-2014, 9:32 AM

Thank you for all of the kind words and support. I will continue to learn & grow so I can teach the most up-to-date and best information available.

Take care and stay aware,

Old 02-05-2014, 1:01 PM

Took my 16 hour CA CCW class and UT class with Wes a couple weekends ago and it was one of the best classes I've ever taken. Wes is an awesome instructor and makes sure you leave the class feeling confident and ready. Not only did I take with me a library of knowledge, but he took a few minutes to help me improve my shot placement and what I was doing wrong that I had no idea I was doing as well as a nice trick to help correct it. Wes is extremely knowledgeable and knows both the law enforcement side and civilian side of carrying and there is no question that he could not answer. I'd recommend him to anyone who wants to take a CCW course as well as anyone who wants to take a basic firearms course. If you are on the fence and debating on choosing a lower priced class, don't. This IS the class to take for anyone who is serious about learning and you will not be disappointed. I'll definitely be back.

Thanks Wes,
Zack
Old 02-05-2014, 6:08 PM

Zack, were you in the class in Linden?
Old 02-05-2014, 6:53 PM

I have taken his class before as well. I am looking forward to taking more from him in the future.

Two days ago I received my Arizona LTC from taking Wes's class.

Old 02-19-2014, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicdude View Post
Zack, were you in the class in Linden?
Nah I came from Sac so I did the course on the 25th and 26th in Ione at Sac Valley.
Old 03-30-2015, 6:18 AM

I highly recommend Wes Lagomarsino. Wes is a highly skilled instructor that has the knowledge to instruct as well as the ability to PERFORM. Wes is passionate about all things gun related from gun safety to gun law & rights but most passionate about a students ability to effectively and efficiently navigate and survive a potentially life threatening situation with an avoidance mindset first and deadly force as a last resort. Wes uses a combination of wisdom, experience and humor to bring color and life to topics in an effort to tap a variety of learning styles. Wes is also a continuous learner committed to personal development, always looking for opportunities to learn, grow and evolve. (pretty rare for an expert) This is why you will aways walk away from a class with Wes better than you arrived no matter how many times you have taken it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2015, 11:23 AM

I can't say enough about the high quality of instruction I received from Wes Lagomarsino when recently taking the 16 hour CCW permit course. Wes is a phenomenal teacher who covers a variety of subjects while always keeping the class interesting and entertaining. Wes strives to ensure that every student leaves with a thorough understanding of the laws and safety procedures. I learned a ton of information and left with a far better understanding of every aspect of what having a CCW permit is all about. You WILL learn safety, preparedness, increased awareness of your surroundings, and what to practice up and work on in the future. Wes is simply the best instructor a person could ever hope to hook up with, I feel fortunate to have been able to be taught by him. RAY
Old 10-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

just took my 2nd renewal course from Wes/LFI..I have been back to Wes now 4 times..There will be more to come.

good times... I want to go more days because Wes provides a great place..safe..and helpful. I would say funny..but I don't want Wes do take on a part time job as a comedian.

2x SKS Trench Art $480 & $500
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post28101198
Old 11-17-2015, 7:59 AM

What's the sign of a great instructor? It is that he is also a good student continuously striving to improve and stay relevant.

I was in an advanced training class with Wes and found him to be a very humble and respectful student. I appreciated the info he was providing guys in class while he himself was a student. That showed me that he's a good instructor.

I always recommend Wes' class for students getting their CCW or are looking for training.

RIP SGT Mark Allen RLTW! I love you brother. ‘Til Valhall’...
Old 01-30-2017, 10:57 AM

I don't want to begin a new post where people can state their reviews. Hopefully bumping this one will allow people to continue posting here.

Old 02-25-2017, 3:47 AM

Default My Experience at LFI

This reveiw is for the Basic Pistol Course - Level 1

The write up is a bit late but worth writing. As someone who had a growing interest in owning my own handgun, but with no experience handling a firearm, I was looking for a safe and controlled environment to learn basic handling and safety practices and also an opportunity to fire my first gun. After asking around at some local gun stores and searching on yelp I found Wes. From the first time i spoke with Wes on the phone I could tell he had a unique personality but also that he cared deeply about the information he had to give to his students. Both of those things held true through to the end of the class. Wes was making jokes and showing funny YouTube clips before we had even taken our seats but it was all in service of teaching us extremely important information. Never once did i feel uncomfortable or unsafe in the class room or on the range. The small class sizes make sure you get plenty of one on one instruction and if you ever need help Wes is there in a heartbeat to take care of it. I highly recommend this class to anyone thinking about purchasing a firearm or who has just purchased one and wants to make sure they know what they are doing before they make a mistake.