Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 07-25-2016, 8:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
And do I win some kind of prize for post #3000 on the Berdoo CCW thread? My interview (which we scheduled way back in January) is Sept 7th so I'm starting to get my ducks in a row.
Careful before I go back and delete one from a year ago and steal your 3000

Quote:
Just to make sure I am clear on this, we no longer need references?
Correct.

They still conduct the neighborhood check and send a letter to your employer asking about your character.
Seems that many delays have been due to that letter.

But the written and telephone references are no longer required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA is our insurance against their success.
Old 07-26-2016, 6:41 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Careful before I go back and delete one from a year ago and steal your 3000

They still conduct the neighborhood check and send a letter to your employer asking about your character.
Seems that many delays have been due to that letter.

But the written and telephone references are no longer required.
No stealing, bad moral character!

I'm self employed, so as much of a horse's hind end as my boss is, he's a big 2nd amendment guy. As far as Carrie's boss goes, well he is the one that talked her into applying for the CCW so I think we're all good there.

I'm not sure what they're looking for in a neighborhood check, but I assume violence and fighting etc. with the SO? Never anything like that and I've spent 16 years cultivating great relationships with my neighbors so hopefully all clear there too.
Old 07-27-2016, 6:33 PM

12/9/15: original application date
12/11/15: got an email saying they received the application, but I need to redo it with the online version on 12/14.
12/14/15: applied again, this time online - might have been the first person to do it, but definitely the first date that this was available. Got an interview date of 4/28
4/28/16: Did the interview - no probs. Very smooth. Wondering now, though, how so many people apped after me and interviewed before.
5/5/16: My HR peep let me know that she got the letter and promptly replied. Luckily, by boss is very pro-gun and pro-ccw (in fact half the folks at corp carry, even at work), so no prob.
5/25/16: Son and neighbors indicated that a sheriff's deputy had paid a visit to the neighborhood asking about me in relation to the CCW permit.
7/27/16: Celebrated my wife's 50th birthday, and still waiting on word. Wondering if I should call tomorrow. Would be nice to get a range date before my 50th next Thursday.

Tomorrow will be exactly 3 months since the interview. Should I call or sit on my hands?

Last edited by garycolwill; 07-27-2016 at 6:38 PM..
Old 07-27-2016, 8:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by garycolwill View Post
Tomorrow will be exactly 3 months since the interview. Should I call or sit on my hands?
They've been swamped.
I'd give it another week or two before calling, but chances are you're approved and your app is just being circulated for signatures.
That was the deal with mine just before Thanksgiving... I got the call Dec 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA is our insurance against their success.
Old 07-27-2016, 8:34 PM
Veteran Member

Good job all of you.

Keep them swamped by encouraging others to apply.

The more good guys with guns the better all around.