Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-27-2020, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member

Default Next time a gun owner wants to know why they should support the NRA/CRPA....

The number of idiots who dont belong to the NRA/CRPA/SAF (Second Amendment Foundation) and own guns never ceases to amaze me... Anyone who has followed my posts knows I suffer such fools poorly and here is another example of why it is critical that ALL gun owners support the NRA/CRPA and if you can, the (SAF)

"Today, attorneys for plaintiffs including individuals, a Los Angeles firearm and ammunition retailer, Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), National Rifle Association of America (NRA), California Gun Rights Foundation (CGF), and Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) filed a federal lawsuit challenging state and local policies and enforcement practices that violate Second and Fourteenth Amendment rights. A copy of the lawsuit can be found at:"

www.firearmspolicy.org/brandy.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc-s...olicycoalition

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 03-27-2020 at 11:50 AM..
Old 03-27-2020, 12:22 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Thank you.

But you will still have about an 80% rate of gun owners that will let us foot the bill because they "don't like paying for Wayne's suits" or some other equally lame excuse.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.

Last edited by ACfixer; 03-27-2020 at 12:30 PM..
Old 03-27-2020, 12:27 PM

I know a few that don't want any junk mail from these groups or are afraid their mailman or neighbors will find out they are members. Lame- I know but that's what I've heard from a few friends.

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!
Old 03-27-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDHD? View Post
I know a few that don't want any junk mail from these groups or are afraid their mailman or neighbors will find out they are members. Lame- I know but that's what I've heard from a few friends.
You gotta be the biggest coward on the planet if you are seriously afraid of your mailman.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:39 PM

And instead of having a bad attitude and routinely insulting those people you’d be better off educating them rather than automatically alienating them. Your attitude and approach and disrespect, even if that’s not your intention is the same as what the far left does.

And don't read into my post incorrectly...I'm taking your side on this, but when there is a discussion or debate people tend to double down and stick to their guns (no pun intended) when someone starts insulting them instead of rationally explaining the situation and leaving out the name calling and insults. You attract more bees with honey.

Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 03-27-2020 at 12:47 PM..
Old 03-27-2020, 12:47 PM

All those people in lines waiting to buy guns should have been given the option to buy an NRA membership and go to the front of the line.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Plink View Post
You gotta be the biggest coward on the planet if you are seriously afraid of your mailman.
I'd see it as the opposite. Now your mailmen and neighbors know you're armed and won't mess with you.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
I'd see it as the opposite. Now your mailmen and neighbors know you're armed and won't mess with you.
Alternatively, your mailman/UPS/delivery guy may be into firearms. Then you could have a buddy to hit the range.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:53 PM

I do wonder how much of my $35 remains after all the mailing costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango_Down View Post
All those people in lines waiting to buy guns should have been given the option to buy an NRA membership and go to the front of the line.
Second Amendment supporter harvesting is a great idea. Be sure to provide a little education as to why their support is valuable while they're at it.
-p
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I would agree with this. NRA/CRPA/GOA or whatever pro-2A legal group, should give a first-time-buyers a FAST PASS.

Btw, good to see Gun World as the plaintiff--I bought a couple of firearms from those guys--ALWAYS busy.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
And instead of having a bad attitude and routinely insulting those people you’d be better off educating them rather than automatically alienating them. Your attitude and approach and disrespect, even if that’s not your intention is the same as what the far left does.

And don't read into my post incorrectly...I'm taking your side on this, but when there is a discussion or debate people tend to double down and stick to their guns (no pun intended) when someone starts insulting them instead of rationally explaining the situation and leaving out the name calling and insults. You attract more bees with honey.
The gun community has been trying that for the last 20 years and it has not worked. 7 million gun owners in California 600,000 and are NRA members. Clearly there's not enough honey on the planet for some of these people and we need to simply let them know that they're not part of the "club", just interlocking hobbyists.

Ask Neville Chamberlain how well appeasement works

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 03-27-2020 at 12:58 PM..
Old 03-27-2020, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
It doesn't matter the most important thing is the message that increasing membership sends to the gun grabbing Democrats.

Do you really think that if half of the 7 million gun owners in California belong to the NRA are the CRP is it a lot of this legislation would've been introduced and passed?

Right now less than 10% of California's gun owners think things are so bad that they need to / want to join the NRA or the CRPA. What message do you think that sends? If I was a liberal gun grabbing Democrat I would say that I haven't gone far enough yet

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-27-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
The gun community has been trying that for the last 20 years and it has not worked. 7 million gun owners in California 600,000 and remembers there's not enough honey on the planet for some of these people and we need to simply let them know that they're not part of the club as a result.

Ask Neville Chamberlain how well appeasement works
We're obviously saying two different things and not on the same page if you think what I am recommending is appeasement.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Plink View Post
But, but, but mailmen all have guns and go on shooting sprees...
Ever hear the term going postal?
Old 03-27-2020, 1:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
We're obviously saying two different things and not on the same page if you think what I am recommending is appeasement.
OK, pretty please with sugar on top, since you now want to consider yourself a gun owner , will you please please please join the NRA and help strengthen the fight for the Second Amendment against those who will destroy it.

You don't hear the gun grabbing liberals complaining about the Second Amendment foundation or even the CRPA. What they fear is the effectiveness that the NRA has had over the last 30 years. Everybody's position should be that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-27-2020, 1:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
But, but, but mailmen all have guns and go on shooting sprees...
Ever hear the term going postal?

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-27-2020, 1:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Politically I agree with the OP.

There must be an alternative solution to kicking a perspective new member in the family jewels to convince him to pay membership dues.
Old 03-27-2020, 1:04 PM

Quote:
OK, pretty please with sugar on top, since you now want to consider yourself a gun owner , will you please please please join the NRA and help strengthen the fight for the Second Amendment against those who will destroy it.

You don't hear the gun grabbing liberals complaining about the Second Amendment foundation or even the CRPA. What they fear is the effectiveness that the NRA has had over the last 30 years. Everybody's position should be that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Thanks, but I'm checking out out of this discussion. You seem to have a reputation of doing this in pretty much every thread you start or participate in. You obviously don't know how to have a civil debate or conversation with people. The second you start hurling insults and being condescending you've lost the debate, even if your point is valid and correct. You come off as liking to complain more than you actually caring about a cause you claim to Abe passionate about. If you are that passionate about it learn how to talk to people. You'll get much better results.
Old 03-27-2020, 1:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambam105 View Post
Politically I agree with the OP.

There must be an alternative solution to kicking a perspective new member in the family jewels to convince him to pay membership dues.
For instance, Vinnie has had enough time to buy and take possession of his guns, travel to Nevada for professional training and to be on here modifying his guns. He's clearly an intelligent person and whether you decide to join the NRA or not it's not brain surgery that requires a three month environmental impact report. If he was going to join he would've by now. Any gun owner that does not want to join the fight is a member of the enemy in my opinion and is in fact worse; they're hypocrites of the highest degree as they vote for Democrats.

7 million California gun owners 600,000 NRA members ...what's been working? Let all the liberal gun owners hang out with each other... why should we have them in amongst ourselves granting them legitimacy in the gun community?

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 03-27-2020 at 1:10 PM..
Old 03-27-2020, 1:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks, but I'm checking out out of this discussion. You seem to have a reputation of doing this in pretty much every thread you start or participate in. You obviously don't know how to have a civil debate or conversation with people. The second you start hurling insults and being condescending you've lost the debate, even if your point is valid and correct. Learn how to talk to people and you'll get much further.
If you were going to join you have done it by now. You're just another gun owning Democrat along for the rest of us have been fighting and paying for. Sorry man but I judge people by what they do not what they say.

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-27-2020, 1:09 PM

Quote:
If you were going to join you have done it by now. You're just another gun owning Democrat along for the rest of us have been fighting and paying for.
You never asked if I actually had, and I never told you if I had or not, so stop making assumptions. And for the record, I'm not a Democrat, but you are more than welcome to continue to avoid a rational engagement and continue to spout off. Stop assuming you know everything about other people and maybe work on improving yourself and your communication skills.

Here's a good book I think you should read. If you're that passionate about the cause you'd really be doing yourself (and everyone else who agrees with you) to actually learn how to discuss and debate like a normal human being, otherwise you're just making excuses. Right now you're probably doing the cause are harm than good with the way you come off.

Old 03-27-2020, 1:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You never asked if I actually had, and I never told you if I had or not, so stop making assumptions. And for the record, I'm not a Democrat, but you are more than welcome to continue to avoid a rational engagement and continue to spout off.

[img]https://i.imgur]
Ok, Green Party?

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-27-2020, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Ok, Green Party?
This is my last post and reply to you. After you hijacked my thread and did the same thing you're doing here I got more than a few private messages from members here telling me to just ignore you because you're not representative of the community or the majority of members here. Quite a few of the members here think you're an embarrassment to the community, at least based on how you conduct yourself on this forum and it's not the first time you go after new members, insult them, etc. You should probably worry more about yourself, instead of this fascination with me, my political affiliation etc. It's kind of creepy actually. I'd suggest taking a deep breath and reading that book. You'll almost certainly be able to present your stance and opinion on the subject much better without alienating people within the first 5 seconds of talking to them.

Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 03-27-2020 at 1:24 PM..
Old 03-27-2020, 1:19 PM

Post I agree.

Quote:
++1
Old 03-27-2020, 1:20 PM
Veteran Member

Don't forget to use Shop 2A when making a purchase on Amazon.
Old 03-27-2020, 2:31 PM

you know what? I think I'll spend my entire covid19 stimulus check on lifetime memberships to these organizations. I'm serious.

NRA, CRPA, GOA, SAF.... where's the best bang for my buck? I'm expecting about $800 from the stimulus check.
Old 03-27-2020, 2:37 PM
Sarariman Shuta
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
you know what? I think I'll spend my entire covid19 stimulus check on lifetime memberships to these organizations. I'm serious.

NRA, CRPA, GOA, SAF.... where's the best bang for my buck? I'm expecting about $800 from the stimulus check.

CRPA would be my bet!

How's life? How's dry practice (don't let @OC know I am hijacking his thread)...?

_
Old 03-27-2020, 3:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
agreed

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 03-27-2020, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
Thank you.

But you will still have about an 80% rate of gun owners that will let us foot the bill because they "don't like paying for Wayne's suits" or some other equally lame excuse.
But paying for Bernie's or Joe's or Nancy's is ok with them.
Old 03-27-2020, 4:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodralig View Post
How's life? How's dry practice (don't let @OC know I am hijacking his thread)...?
_
Hijack away ...conversations go where they go, besides, the only one who owns the thread is Kestryll

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-27-2020, 4:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post

Outstanding!!! Thank you !!!!

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-27-2020, 4:38 PM

good for them! i'm not worried about nra mailers when i get guns and ammo magazine.

at least with trump's work on the courts, we have a better chance now.
i suppose more people might donate to specific lawsuits anonymously if they resist membership fees because they don't trust that all of their money is well spent or that none of it is wasted.
Old 03-27-2020, 5:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDHD? View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357manny View Post
Alternatively, your mailman/UPS/delivery guy may be into firearms. Then you could have a buddy to hit the range.
What if the mailman is tipping off people on which house to rob?

The NRA lets you opt out of all mailings if you choose. They should just go all digital anyways.
Old 03-27-2020, 5:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal77 View Post
What if the mailman is tipping off people on which house to rob?

The NRA lets you opt out of all mailings if you choose. They should just go all digital anyways.
Good point. I opted out a long time again.. but my dog gets all the mailers now..

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-27-2020, 5:48 PM

Quote:
After you hijacked my thread and did the same thing you're doing here I got more than a few private messages from members here telling me to just ignore you because you're not representative of the community or the majority.
There was a former member named Ronin2, he participated in the same manner and was banned a few years ago.
Old 03-27-2020, 5:54 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I've been around here a bit, and so has the OP Vin, and I share his frustration on the matter. Perhaps a little more honey, but man if you stick around long enough you'll see plenty of people that talk about buying the latest Chi-Com made bipod doohickey or whatever... but they aren't supporting members here, the CRPA, GOA, NRA... none of it. Then to hear them bash the NRA, man that gets old. There's nobody here than cannot afford $35 a year to help out and there are plenty of other places than the NRA if you cannot bring yourself to support them. I think GOA and CRPA are about the same per year, so is this forum. Listening to people bellyache about this board member or that, and about Wayne's travel expenses or salary, all while contributing nothing is just a freaking lame excuse for being a cheapskate.

If you own one gun and barely make the rent each month, fine, I get it... but otherwise there's no reason someone cannot come up with $3 a month. Ten f'n cents a day FCOL. And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
That doesn't matter Bruce, I am sure we could all do with less spam from them but if that $35 helps the NRA survive, whatever is left over is what it takes right? And if you don't like that part you can write a check to the ILA portion and that goes directly into the fight and doesn't fund any stupid Chinese swag. The important part is we get involved and connected in some way.

NRA member.
GOA member.
CRPA member.
Calguns supporter.

All four together would run about $125 a year. $10 a month. Drink a six pack at home instead of Chili's one a month.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 03-27-2020, 5:56 PM
Calguns Addict

NRA
Old 03-27-2020, 9:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
NRA member.
GOA member.
CRPA member.
Calguns supporter.

All four together would run about $125 a year. $10 a month. Drink a six pack at home instead of Chili's one a month.
Well said, ACFixer. I’m an NRA, Calguns, and CRPA member. Now I’ll join GOA.

What about FPC, are they legit?
Old 03-28-2020, 5:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal77 View Post

I wonder if they let you opt out of all the phone call solicitations? That is what is most annoying.