Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 4:18 PM
Veteran Member

Ya. If you want to plink and shoot clays especially, that place I talked about on Sierra Madre road was great. Bit further of a drive, but chances are you will be alone all day, and the views are GREAT.
Old 06-12-2012, 5:01 PM

Well if your coming from santa maria either location is a drive. But il definitely check that out. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:50 AM

Is pozo still open for shooting? I have seen people shooting out there before, is it ok to shoot anywhere? What happened with the shooting ban a few years ago?
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=376142
Old 06-13-2012, 9:14 PM

New to CGN looking forward to learning a lot. I am in Ventura County, but very familiar with the Central Coast. SLOSA is basically the only range I like from here to SLO. Many posts on this thread have mentioned spots along coast from Santa Barbara to Monterrey.

Can anyone give us an updated review of the best places to shoot with the newest information available? TYIA
Old 06-23-2012, 7:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty47 View Post
New to CGN looking forward to learning a lot. I am in Ventura County, but very familiar with the Central Coast. SLOSA is basically the only range I like from here to SLO. Many posts on this thread have mentioned spots along coast from Santa Barbara to Monterrey.

Can anyone give us an updated review of the best places to shoot with the newest information available? TYIA
bump
Old 07-11-2012, 8:23 AM

Im working in paso robles today from OC & want to shoot after work, do i need to go to SLO to find a range?
Old 07-13-2012, 7:12 PM

Does anyone know if you can shoot on buzzard lagoon rd.i believe it's unincorporated but it does go into nisene marks ?

Santa Cruz county central coast area anyone thanks
Old 07-14-2012, 2:12 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Thanks to Casual Shooter, this really is kinda fun (was Los Gatos Mountains) ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsonville View Post
Does anyone know if you can shoot on buzzard lagoon rd.i believe it's unincorporated but it does go into nisene marks ?

Santa Cruz county central coast area anyone thanks
This is the "no shoot zone map" for the county.
http://gis.co.santa-cruz.ca.us/GIS/M...ot%20Zones.pdf

I can't tell whether Buzzard Lagoon is in the zone or not. Do you have private property access up there? I do recall reading that Nisene is off limits for shooting & hunting from whatever agency manages the State Demonstration Forests.
CalGuns Network (CGN) is different from CalGuns Foundation (CGF). Both need our support. I have gold name because I support CGN; plus, I send $10 every two weeks to CGF automatically via online BillPay as described here.

Support CGF by shopping at Amazon!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanW66 View Post
This is the "no shoot zone map" for the county.
http://gis.co.santa-cruz.ca.us/GIS/M...ot%20Zones.pdf
Cool, thanks for that link. I am saving that PDF for future reference.

If you zoom in you can see that Buzzard Lagoon Road is not designated as a "no shoot" zone (it's in a white area). Just need to worry about private property then?

I occasionally ride up in those areas -- B.L. road, Mt. Madonna, Summit -- just exploring and enjoying the nice weather and looking for dirt roads and trails that are suitable for my KLR. I know on Summit Rd. there are places I would feel comfortable shooting a pistol on after hiking a ways off the road.

It's probably all private land up there but much of it is empty. But since there ARE some people living up there too, you just need to be careful to find an area with a good backstop.
Old 07-19-2012, 1:01 PM

Never been shooting at Buzzards and I'm a local resident, when I had my jeep I used to drive it quite frequently and the number of other off roaders bikers and joggers might be a concern. I live in Santa Cruz and whenever I'm looking to get into nature and shoot I just take the hour drive down to Los Padres and spend the weekend or a day. I've been looking to find other people in the area to go on shooting trips and camping with so feel free to send me a message! Also would love to find someone with some private property that's in the county.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Califo...51233388260823
Old 07-21-2012, 12:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Thanks to Casual Shooter, this really is kinda fun (was Los Gatos Mountains) ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrMike View Post
It's probably all private land up there but much of it is empty. But since there ARE some people living up there too, you just need to be careful to find an area with a good backstop.
I'm 99% sure it is ALL private land, or "Open Space District" land. I'm pretty sure OSD is not gun friendly. For the rest, well I don't want to get into (and this is not the right thread for) a debate about property owner rights; let me just say that IMO if it is not your private land...
CalGuns Network (CGN) is different from CalGuns Foundation (CGF). Both need our support. I have gold name because I support CGN; plus, I send $10 every two weeks to CGF automatically via online BillPay as described here.

Support CGF by shopping at Amazon!
Old 07-21-2012, 2:09 PM

no i don't have private access but iv'e found a few places that i would think are suitable for shooting (dirt backstop),no residences near by the only thing i would be sketched about would be the signs on trees that are labeled state park other than that i might give it a shot ill leave a response on how it goes

i agree about the private party access