Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 10-20-2012, 10:32 PM
CGSSA Leader

Default Appleseed Range report

First let me say thanks to all the volunteers for this weekends Appleseed at Chabot Gun Club. They make the event run without a hitch and fun as well.

This is my second Saturday Appleseed as I work Sunday's I have to do the one day only class. We had some serious fog up until about 10:30-11 at which it stay overcast till about 3-3:30. It seemed to go by even fast this time, but since I'd gone thru this all once before I never really felt rushed. I was on the left side this time and mainly saw 10/22's on the line with the exception of a Marlin 795SS and a Marlin model 60. There were a few brand new shooters, one who even scored a 210 and got baptized. Now back to the morning, I was next to a father and son on the left of me and an Englishmen to my right. The father and son had already been to 2 events and shooting pretty well. The Englishmen was having a hard time with just about everything. It was nice to hear him say since he'd been in the U.S. for over a decade he thought he'd give this shooting thing a try.

We went thru all the safety and training and moved on to our first AQT which I shot a respectable 204. I had some decent groups but once we got to stage 3 & 4 my sight was putting me just a tad hight, so I lowered my front sight a click and proceeded to the shoot the next AQT that way. Here's my second AQT target of the day which gave me the highest score of the day.

Next was the ending day "Redcoat". Yes the 100 yard target has 3 shoots in that one ragged hole.

Old 10-21-2012, 5:46 AM
CGSSA Leader

Nice shooting!

Still hurrying a little on Stage 2 + 3. Take your time. The first Rifleman score is always the hardest.

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.
Old 10-21-2012, 2:22 PM
CGSSA Leader

Thanks, and Ya I had some time left on stage 2 & 3 but knew if I didn't get all the shots off I wouldn't make it. I work Sundays so I only had two chances to take the AQT.
Old 10-24-2012, 9:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

LOL, I was there, I think the Englishman was Irish ...
Old 10-24-2012, 8:08 PM

No, there was an English fellow who has having a tough time of it, in spite of multiple attempts to fiddle with sling and stock set up, positions, etc. Andrew, who made Rifleman, is from Northern Ireland.