Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
Heck yeah, I don't have time for this nonsense. As far as I'm concerned, this is the first and last Springfield Armory product I'll ever buy.
I can respect that.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:21 PM

I spoke to Debbie and she said that the shipping labels don't expire and if I am worried about getting my gun back to call back in a week and check what the legal team came up with.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:21 PM

@shenaniguns believe me, this will be my one and only SSE purchase that's for sure. i'm going to give springfield a chance to "do right"; this is their first product recall and after talking to them directly i believe they are taking appropriate action to ensure everyone stays safe and legal. i don't blame springfield for the "FUD", this is all a result of the political environment that we (voting public) have allowed california to become. of course i know i'm not saying anything here that you all don't know already.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_with_a_gun View Post
@shenaniguns believe me, this will be my one and only SSE purchase that's for sure. i'm going to give springfield a chance to "do right"; this is their first product recall and after talking to them directly i believe they are taking appropriate action to ensure everyone stays safe and legal. i don't blame springfield for the "FUD", this is all a result of the political environment that we (voting public) have allowed california to become. of course i know i'm not saying anything here that you all don't know already.
Agreed, Springfield has to be careful and be damn sure to follow the stupid laws. I'd don't blame them. Anger towards Springfield is misdirected.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I'm not against SSE as other manufacturers will ship the gun back to their rightful owners. Their legal department should be in contact with Calguns and/or look into the situation a little deeper since thousands if not 10's of thousands non-rostered SA guns are here legally in California. Look at the people who move here from other states and all the other legal means to acquire them. Their legal dept. is taking the easy way out and saying not to ship it to non-leo's period!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannicus View Post
Agreed, Springfield has to be careful and be damn sure to follow the stupid laws. I'd don't blame them. Anger towards Springfield is misdirected.

I explained above, their legal department is being lazy not to mention that SA built a gun that potentially doubles and/or slam fires.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
NO...
Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that. I'd ask them what is more in their best interest, sending it back to you or having it float around in California in a clearly unsafe condition opening them up to significant liability. Otherwise, ask them to buy it back. Not legal advice, just my personal opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that. I'd ask them what is more in their best interest, sending it back to you or having it float around in California in a clearly unsafe condition opening them up to significant liability. Otherwise, ask them to buy it back. Not legal advice, just my personal opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I brought that up in the initial conversation lol. I will ask them again when they call back unless it is already out of my hands to someone who wants to tackle this problem.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:49 PM

right; can we try and stick to facts and answers, and not opinions and guesses. several of us appear to be getting information directly from springfield which is indicating we are going to get appropriate service/repair and the gun returned. i will certainly confirm when i get a call back, hopefully by tomorrow. i have my RMA submitted and shipping label ready.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
right; can we try and stick to facts and answers, and not opinions and guesses. several of us appear to be getting information directly from springfield which is indicating we are going to get appropriate service/repair and the gun returned. i will certainly confirm when i get a call back, hopefully by tomorrow. i have my RMA submitted and shipping label ready.

You must have not read my other posts, I did speak to Springfield Armory this morning and post the information as it was given to me. So I'm not sure who you are talking to, if it's someone else than you need to quote that person.

I spoke to SA Supervisor Roxanne at 8:00 a.m this morning, and she's the one who told me that they will NOT ship it back to non-LEO in California. She said she'd speak to her legal department to find a solution and call me back.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I'm not against SSE as other manufacturers will ship the gun back to their rightful owners. Their legal department should be in contact with Calguns and/or look into the situation a little deeper since thousands if not 10's of thousands non-rostered SA guns are here legally in California. Look at the people who move here from other states and all the other legal means to acquire them. Their legal dept. is taking the easy way out and saying not to ship it to non-leo's period!

I explained above, their legal department is being lazy not to mention that SA built a gun that potentially doubles and/or slam fires.
I'm sure they'll sort out out. Both the legal issues and the product issue. Springfield is not the only company to have put out a new gun and later have an unforeseen condition bring about the necessity of a recall. It's pretty common.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannicus View Post
I'm sure they'll sort out out. Both the legal issues and the product issue. Springfield is not the only company to have put out a new gun and later have an unforeseen condition bring about the necessity of a recall. It's pretty common.

It will be the first gun out of about 20 I've owned to ever have a recall, and their response towards me was very underwhelming.
Old 08-29-2013, 1:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It will be the first gun out of about 20 I've owned to ever have a recall, and their response towards me was very underwhelming.
You've been lucky. I've had Sig, Ruger (x2), S&W, and Glock guns that have been recalled.

Never dealt with the SSE crap, tho.
Old 08-29-2013, 1:37 PM
Veteran Member

I will be following this thread for updates. I spoke to my LGS this morning (where my XDs is in jail) and they are assuring me that they can get the gun fixed and sent back to them. Depending on what pans out in the next few days, I will decide if I will just ship it from and back to AZ. Thanks for the updates...
Old 08-29-2013, 1:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddo View Post
watching this and tagged for follow up. 3 months ago I had no issue from SA when they repaired and returned an XDM (SSE'd) to me for a warranty issue.
My experience as well. I'll check the serial on my xds tonight but it sounds like almost all of them are included in the recall.

"You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 08-29-2013, 2:02 PM
Veteran Member

Look at all the Springfield apologists. I dropped them as soon as their custom shop stopped working with off roster guns for customers.
Old 08-29-2013, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Heck yeah, I don't have time for this nonsense. As far as I'm concerned, this is the first and last Springfield Armory product I'll ever buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyc Wid It View Post
Look at all the Springfield apologists. I dropped them as soon as their custom shop stopped working with off roster guns for customers.

They did? Mine just came back from them and its perfect.
Old 08-29-2013, 2:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddo View Post
They did? Mine just came back from them and its perfect.

Unfortunately that is not always the case
Old 08-29-2013, 2:30 PM

Man, that's what I'm worried about. Inconsistency...
Old 08-29-2013, 2:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Reading through it now, but someone else had the same problem with a Sig P938:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=781818

And another Sig:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=790278

Last edited by Shenaniguns; 08-29-2013 at 2:58 PM..
Old 08-29-2013, 2:53 PM
Veteran Member

What a firearm besides Kimber that someone has an issue with... Noooo it can't be so SA is bulletproof and by far the best handgun on the planet... LFOL

Sorry I couldn't help myself

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Old 08-29-2013, 3:52 PM

my XDs is on here which pisses me off, and it looks like my new sig p938 im picking up next week might be in the same boat, no wonder I was finally able to find the sig I was looking for. From what I have heard sig is a for sure no, Im really keeping my fingers crossed SA will do the right thing for us stuck in this state that still want the nice toys everyone else has
Old 08-29-2013, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmmatt23 View Post
my XDs is on here which pisses me off, and it looks like my new sig p938 im picking up next week might be in the same boat, no wonder I was finally able to find the sig I was looking for. From what I have heard sig is a for sure no, Im really keeping my fingers crossed SA will do the right thing for us stuck in this state that still want the nice toys everyone else has
So there is another recall out for the P938 are you kidding me? Literally every small combat style handgun (except Glock 26) meant for concealed carry has issues right now?
Old 08-29-2013, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterSpool View Post
So there is another recall out for the P938 are you kidding me? Literally every small combat style handgun (except Glock 26) meant for concealed carry has issues right now?
That's just what I had heard through the grape vine, however I have only officially seen one on the p238.
Old 08-29-2013, 8:37 PM

Yet another reason I won't move back to Cali.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:47 PM

I shipped mine out today, couldnt get through the 1800 number this morning so im crossing my fingers all works out. If I dont get it back quick im getting a getting a glock 26.
Old 08-30-2013, 7:38 AM
Calguns Addict

**Update**

Spoke to the Supervisor again this morning and she has NOT received word yet about shipping back to Non-LEO's in California. I told her about others getting a different response and she said, "There are new people that are giving out bad information."

The good news is that she thinks they should be able to send it back under these circumstances, I'll know by the end of the day.
Old 08-30-2013, 8:00 AM
Vendor/Retailer

A representative at Springfield Armory has told us that they will will accept firearms shipped from dealers for this recall. Dealers should call 1-800-680-6866 and select 1 to obtain an RMA. Springfield Armory will pay for return shipping.

Check out our e-commerce site here:

www.ebrworks.com

Serving you from Prescott, AZ

Last edited by EBR Works; 08-30-2013 at 8:33 AM..
Old 08-30-2013, 8:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBR Works View Post
A representative at Springfield Armory has told us that they will will accept firearms shipped from dealers for this recall. Dealers should call 1-800-680-6866 and select 1 to obtain an RMA. Springfield Armory will pay for return shipping.

So should California non-leo's ship from a dealer?
Old 08-30-2013, 8:23 AM
Calguns Addict

We are hearing it both ways right now. My honest suggestion to everyone right now is to wait a couple days until they figure out exactly what they will do.
Old 08-30-2013, 8:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishMike View Post
We are hearing it both ways right now. My honest suggestion to everyone right now is to wait a couple days until they figure out exactly what they will do.

Yeah, I guess that's the best bet. I rather keep it than sell it if possible.
Old 08-30-2013, 8:26 AM
Veteran Member

Good news EBR....do you have a name of the representative? Just to have for follow up.
Old 08-30-2013, 8:33 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomedic View Post
Good news EBR....do you have a name of the representative? Just to have for follow up.
Sorry, did not get a name.

Check out our e-commerce site here:

www.ebrworks.com

Serving you from Prescott, AZ
Old 08-30-2013, 8:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishMike View Post
Mike....Did you hear both ways from springfield representatives about dealers getting back the firearm or just from what you gathered on this tread. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2013, 8:45 AM

Quote:
**Update**

Spoke to the Supervisor again this morning and she has NOT received word yet about shipping back to Non-LEO's in California. I told her about others getting a different response and she said, "There are new people that are giving out bad information."

The good news is that she thinks they should be able to send it back under these circumstances, I'll know by the end of the day.
I spoke to "Lexi" this morning, same person who I spoke with yesterday. She said in the past SA has shipped non roster guns back to CA after repairs. As you indicated, she also stated that they haven't had their internal legal response as of yet and recommended "sitting tight".

So basically nothing has changed since yesterday.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:11 AM

I have the XDS45 and my wife has the XDS9. I also have an XD45 Compact.

Springfield has a good customer here. I hope Springfield does the right thing.
Old 08-30-2013, 1:43 PM

Just back from my LGS. He was just on the phone with Springfield who told him that they have stopped issuing return labels for CA guns on the advice of their attorneys. They told him to call back next week. My LGS told her he hasn't done a sse on any of the guns, just that he has sold them all to cops.

Her response was to call back Wednesday.
Old 08-30-2013, 1:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by solanoshooter View Post
Just back from my LGS. He was just on the phone with Springfield who told him that they have stopped issuing return labels for CA guns on the advice of their attorneys. They told him to call back next week. My LGS told her he hasn't done a sse on any of the guns, just that he has sold them all to cops.

Ouch
Old 08-30-2013, 2:35 PM
Veteran Member

A lot of these XDS's coming through my local FedEx. The lady at the counter glanced at the label and asked if it was cased or loose.
Old 08-30-2013, 2:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solanoshooter View Post

What are their attorneys going to say if someone who legally bought an XDs here gets injured or killed because they refused to offer a solution to fix the gun? SA needs to think this one through. At least offer the parts if they don't want to fix the gun and ship it back.
Old 08-30-2013, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CavScout View Post
What are their attorneys going to say if someone who legally bought an XDs here gets injured or killed because they refused to offer a solution to fix the gun? SA needs to think this one through. At least offer the parts if they don't want to fix the gun and ship it back.
Yup, a wrongful death suit is going to cost them a LOOOOOOOT more than a frivolous Handgun Roster suit from the CA AG.