Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Addax Tactical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Addax Tactical Hosted by Addax

Old 02-14-2013, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
My understanding was that the engraver had contacted all the members that had opted in but I could be completely wrong.

Addax, am I remembering this correctly? Should members contact the laser company?
I'm gonna assume 'custom' laser engraving stuff so I shouldnt worry right??? I'm just getting a 'normal' CGF lower...

Sent from my iPhone
OneGtalon

Onegtalon... toooooo many hobbies man !...

HDF, CGN/CGF member
Old 02-14-2013, 5:12 AM
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Yes, everyone automatically gets the CalGuns logo engraved. Custom engraving is extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegtalon View Post
I'm gonna assume 'custom' laser engraving stuff so I shouldnt worry right??? I'm just getting a 'normal' CGF lower...

Quote:
PERSONALIZED ENGRAVING:
Personalized custom engraving on the lower receiver (other side of mag well where there is open space for custom / personalized logo’s) is available from Addax and will be discounted for participants of this group buy. Custom engraving is going to be done seperately than this group buy. You will need to follow the group buy ordering details in this post. Then in a few weeks you will need to discuss your request and details with the Addax engraving service for pricing.
Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - Search 'Concealed Weapons Permit Information Sacramento'
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Animated US Map Showing Progress of Concealed Carry Laws 1986 to 2021 http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php
Old 02-14-2013, 2:09 PM

Quote:
No, give them a call:
Sure Shot Precision Marketing
818-233-0239
They are open Tues-Fri 11-6 and Saturday 11-4.

Let them know you're part of the Addax/CGF AR lower group buy and you guys will need to work out the specifics of your engraving. You'll work out the engraving price directly with them based on the design you want.

Since the lowers are still at anodizing, you still have time.
Nice guys at Sure Shot. But, as with everyone right now, they are tough to get ahold of since they are swamped. Took me 3 days.

With the lowers at anodizing, is the ETA still sometime in March or is it becoming clearer as to a better target date?

Old 02-14-2013, 6:37 PM

Wink

Quote:
My understanding was that the engraver had contacted all the members that had opted in but I could be completely wrong.

Addax, am I remembering this correctly? Should members contact the laser company?
I was never contacted about custom engraving but I did indicate I wanted to do that. I thought they were going to contact me. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2013, 9:34 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Hello Folks,

The lowers are at Anodizing, and based on our previous conversation with the Anodizer, the estimated time frame to get the lowers done would be approx. 4-5 weeks, and this was at the beginning of February.

Regarding the Laser Engraver calling members back.

We have spoken to the Laser Engraver on several occasions when members have contacted us saying the Laser Engraver (Sureshot) has not called them, and they assure us that they are making the calls.

We apologize for the delay in any of the calls backs, and any member who opted for custom Laser Engraving will be contacted.

If you have not yet received a phone call regarding your custom laser engraving, please email us directly to sales@addaxtactical.com.

Let us know who you are, and your contact information.

Thank you,
AT
San Fernando, CA 91340

Email: sales@addaxtactical.com

Phone: (818) 361-5008
Old 02-15-2013, 4:21 PM
Veteran Member

Here's the list I have for the people that signed up for custom engraving back in October:

BakaLogic
Jakkals
crcaudle
Apocalypsenerd
aqua_scummm
Clownpuncher
lithium214
mrmichael
DRalston
Hdawg
CaliforniaLiberal
DaleGribble
SoKenfused
megolfer

If you are on this list and haven't received a call from the engraver, please email sales@addaxtactical.com

If you are NOT on this list and thought you were, PM me. I have kept all of the order PMs and my order confirmation PMs so we can cross reference.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 02-16-2013, 4:44 PM

Are matching Addax upper receivers going to be available ?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prod39 View Post
Are matching Addax upper receivers going to be available ?
Go back one page and look from post 498 to about 510
Old 02-17-2013, 6:47 AM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Starting with Post #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addax View Post
We won't have any uppers ready for several months due to the focus on lowers right now.

Once the dust settles in the coming months, and we can get a clear idea on delivery for certain components and raw materials, we will make a run of uppers, and we still want to engage in an upper receiver group buy to help raise more funds for CGF.

Thanks,
AT
Quote:
We will keep the Group Buy list handy, and as soon as we are able to get an upper receiver group buy started, we will give priority to the Addax-CGF Group Buy members.

We will offer two options:

1) Just the upper receiver with special CGF logo

2) Complete special upper receiver assembly just for this group buy.

We will be waiting a while before we kick off another group buy, especially when certain parts and materials are backordered anywhere from 6 months-12+ months.

AT
Quote:
Yeah when there is a new group buy, it would be posted here in the Addax forum just like this one with all the details.

Quote:
I can't speak for Addax but I think he hasn't seen this message so I'll reply and they can correct me later if need be.

In past discussions when we've spoken about these group buys. The consensus is that it's definitly more simplistic/streamlined to offer one product instead of variations which complicates the logistics significantly not to mention the part availibility given the current market.

So I expect it will be one option. Hope that helps.
Quote:
Yes, we will be offering one caliber (5.56) for the complete upper assembly.
Quote:
We are currently working on several 5.56 complete upper receiver ideas / spec's, and pricing.

Our goal is to be able to produce one special 5.56 Group Buy Upper Receiver Assembly at a reasonable cost, while being able to donate funds to CGF, cover our costs, and make the end users feel that they are getting something really special.

Sounds like this could be this Summer or even Fall before the next group buy assuming the gun parts supply situation starts to return to normal.

I'll be checking this thread at least once a week in the coming months.

While you're waiting, use the power of your mind to practice dry firing your stripped lower receiver. If one can drink tea from an empty cup, one can certainly dry fire a stripped lower receiver.

Quote:
Drinking tea from an empty cup -

"Don't think about that home, Anjin-san," Mariko had once said when the dark mists were on him. "Real home is here - the other's ten million times ten million sticks away. Here is reality. You'll send yourself mad if you try to get wa out of such impossibilities. Listen, if you want peace you must learn to drink cha from an empty cup."

She had shown him how. "You think reality into the cup, you think the cha there - the warm, pale-green drink of the gods. If you concentrate hard ... Oh, a Zen teacher could show you, Anjin-san. It is most difficult but so easy. How I wish I was clever enough to show it to you, for then all things in the world can be yours for the asking ... even the most uobtainable gift - perfect tranquility."

- James Clavell, Shogun (858)
Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - Search 'Concealed Weapons Permit Information Sacramento'
Animated US Map Showing Progress of Concealed Carry Laws 1986 to 2021 http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php
Old 02-19-2013, 10:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'll take a stripped matching upper too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian777 View Post
...Don't pick either side....
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 PM

Can someone be so kind as to advise an updated ETA? I'm confused about the 4-5 weeks.

The lowers were at Anodizing back on the 14th, and we're looking at 4-5 weeks from then?

Mid March delivery?
Old 02-19-2013, 2:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirrad View Post
Can someone be so kind as to advise an updated ETA? I'm confused about the 4-5 weeks.

The lowers were at Anodizing back on the 14th, and we're looking at 4-5 weeks from then?

Mid March delivery?
The last update from Addax on the 14th said: The lowers are at Anodizing, and based on our previous conversation with the Anodizer, the estimated time frame to get the lowers done would be approx. 4-5 weeks, and this was at the beginning of February.

So once they arrive back from anodizing, they will be engraved with our awesome CFG logo and assembled for shipment. I'm sure Addax will let us know when they get them back what the time frame will be.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 02-19-2013, 3:23 PM

Thanks Kaligaran!

Duh, totally forgot about the logo engraving step and that it's after being anodized.

Back quiet, patiently waiting!
Old 02-19-2013, 4:10 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Hello Everyone,

We have received a few emails and PM's just asking when the lowers are going to be ready, so we just wanted to provide a quick update.

As posted before in various posts by us, kaligaran and some members, the lowers are at the Anodizing.

We were told at the beginning of Feb. 4-5 weeks.
The Anodizing shop has received our shipment and put them into the que.

Based on the current estimate, we should be getting the lowers back around the Early March time-frame.

We are just waiting for the Anodizing to get done, so just be patient, and as soon as we receive word that the lowers are on the way back to us, we will post an update.

Please remember that an ETA is an Estimated Time of Arrival, and Estimates can sometimes be revised due to a number of situations, but for now we seem to be on track.

Once we receive the lowers back from Anodizing, we will need to inspect them, and then laser engrave the CGF logo onto each lower, and this is done one at a time.

The plan is to complete the laser engraving in batches of 25 so we do not have to wait for all of them to be done to start DROS's or shipping the lowers to the members FFL dealers.

The lowers will be processed starting with the oldest order first.

We will provide more details once we get the lower receivers back.

Thank you for your patience.

AT
San Fernando, CA 91340

Email: sales@addaxtactical.com

Phone: (818) 361-5008
Old 02-19-2013, 9:52 PM

Sweet! Thanks for being so awesome in how you're keeping us up to date! Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on an LPK or 2 and an A2 buffer or 2 by the time we start DROS!!
Old 02-22-2013, 8:44 PM
WooHoo! Free at Last!
CGN Contributor

Thanks for all the updates AT. I am very happy to hear the news about the special group buy of uppers in the works.

I have two lowers in the group buy, and definitely want two matching uppers. Whether it is the "standard" or "special" uppers only depends on the feature set.

Thanks for the great work!

John
And in all fairness, just because JMB did it doesn't mean anything. He'd have won WWII with a soup can, a fork, and a couple rocks. Seriously, even McGuyver and Steven Hawking get together every now and then and are like "How the **** did he do that?..."
Old 02-22-2013, 11:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks for the updates, ADDAX! Regarding the posts on the matching upper assemblies, I'd be interested in one for sure. Please continue to keep us updated on the uppers. Other than that, thanks for doing this! I'm definitely looking forward to the finished product...
Old 02-25-2013, 3:28 PM

Hi, are the engravers available now? I Have an Ar Pistol, and I'd love to get "pistol" engraved on the mag well of the pistol lower of the pistol I have in hand. Realistically, I'll never get to move out of state and pay the tax so this lower will always be a pistol, and it would make life easier for me if it had Pistol engraved on it.

Thanks for the info!
E

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

We have received a few emails and PM's just asking when the lowers are going to be ready, so we just wanted to provide a quick update.

As posted before in various posts by us, kaligaran and some members, the lowers are at the Anodizing.

Based on the current estimate, we should be getting the lowers back around the Early March time-frame.

We are just waiting for the Anodizing to get done, so just be patient, and as soon as we receive word that the lowers are on the way back to us, we will post an update.

Please remember that an ETA is an Estimated Time of Arrival, and Estimates can sometimes be revised due to a number of situations, but for now we seem to be on track.

Once we receive the lowers back from Anodizing, we will need to inspect them, and then laser engrave the CGF logo onto each lower, and this is done one at a time.

The plan is to complete the laser engraving in batches of 25 so we do not have to wait for all of them to be done to start DROS's or shipping the lowers to the members FFL dealers.

AT
Old 02-25-2013, 3:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rally200 View Post
Hi, are the engravers available now? I Have an Ar Pistol, and I'd love to get "pistol" engraved on the mag well of the pistol lower of the pistol I have in hand. Realistically, I'll never get to move out of state and pay the tax so this lower will always be a pistol, and it would make life easier for me if it had Pistol engraved on it.

Thanks for the info!
E
You are talking about a lower that you already have I assume (since the group buy lowers can't legally become pistols).
You could contact the engravers directly (I posted their contact info on a previous post) but keep in mind shipping it may be an issue for you if not in their area.

Any engraver in your area should be able to do it for you. You just have to contact them and ask.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You are talking about a lower that you already have I assume (since the group buy lowers can't legally become pistols).
There is nothing preventing some of these lowers being DROSed as roster exempt pistols.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:19 PM

sorry, it's a 100% legal dros'd by the Company who built it as an sse ar pistol with a 5.56 fixed magwell block. Nothing really jumps out as "pistol" on the lower in regards to the current marks. Emailed the engravers... thanks all.
Old 02-25-2013, 7:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mej16489 View Post
There is nothing preventing some of these lowers being DROSed as roster exempt pistols.
There actually is. But I'll let Addax give the details so I don't screw it up.
Old 02-25-2013, 8:08 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Regarding the AR Pistol question, the Group Buy lowers are not manufactured as a pistol lower.

The Group buy lowers are being manufactured and logged into our records as stripped receivers for long rifle not for pistols.

In order for us to legally sell an AR Pistol in California, we would need to manufacture a specific Pistol Lower, assemble the complete Pistol, and sell it in CA as a complete AR SSE Pistol.

You can personally make 80% lowers into your own AR Pistol, and this one reason these are popular.
Old 02-25-2013, 8:15 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Rally200 in your case that is different since your AR Pistol was Manufactured by another company and recorded as an AR Pistol and Dros'd as a SSE.

The laser engravers can assist you.
Old 02-26-2013, 5:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
There actually is. But I'll let Addax give the details so I don't screw it up.
Any FFL can DROS them as a handgun to a LEO (Roster Exempt, Safety Demo Exempt) so long as they've never been made into a long gun.

Federally they're an "other", not a long gun or a a pistol. Why Addax would be papering them as such is beyond me.

CA DROS effectively requires that they be papered (on the state level) as a long-gun because they aren't on the roster; for a buyer who is roster-exempt and 21+ years old, they can be DROSed as a handgun.

It sounds like Addax isn't willing to do it; but that doesn't stop an intermediate FFL from doing it. Its a shame they're in effect 'tainting' a perfectly good pistol receiver by logging it in their records as a long gun.
Old 02-26-2013, 9:14 PM
Vendor/Retailer

For clarification:

The issue is we are dealing with the state of California.

Even if our internal manufacturing records note that we made "Model XYZ" serial number range 100-500 as stripped AR15 receivers / frames, in most free states you can take a stripped AR15 lower receiver "virgin" that was never actually manufactured / made into a complete rifle with a buttstock, and legally build an AR Pistol with the stripped "virgin" lower receiver.

It does not even have to say PISTOL on the lower receiver. (Please note: some states like California might have similar restrictions, so some members outside of California will need to check their state laws).

Unfortunately in California this is not the case, since we have to deal with the California Approved Handgun Roster.

LEO's are exempt from the California Handgun Roster restrictions, but many of the Group Buy members are not LEO's, so we do not get this exemption.

The only way non LEO's can own an off roster AR Pistol legally here in CA is to have one manufactured complete as a SSE (single shot exempt) pistol, or an individual can take an 80% lower and make one themselves.

We are not manufacturing complete AR Pistols / SSE pistols for this Group Buy, we are manufacturing stripped AR15 lower receivers for this Group Buy.

Thank you,
AT

Last edited by Addax; 02-26-2013 at 11:53 PM..
Old 02-28-2013, 4:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Almost the end of March yet? Cant wait for my lower! Have had everything else sitting around for like 4 months waiting to be complete (Except my ammo that was ordered from Cabelas in Oct but it is still back-ordered 'til whenever the heck...)
Old 03-01-2013, 7:54 PM

Addax

Any update on the lowers.
Old 03-01-2013, 8:32 PM

I'm so bummed, thought I snagged an addax stripped upper this morning on the website, made it through checkout and everything....then got the email it was oos.....looks like I'm going to have to wait.
Old 03-01-2013, 8:47 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
Addax

Any update on the lowers.

Quote:
as soon as we receive word that the lowers are on the way back to us, we will post an update.

There's a punishment for asking questions already answered in the thread. Your lower gets a 10 day time out in the corner.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaLiberal View Post
There's a punishment for asking questions already answered in the thread. Your lower gets a 10 day time out in the corner.

Hahahhahaha!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 8:30 PM

Still patiently waiting. o.O

"Death for no reason is Murder!" by The Smiths (Morrissey)
Old 03-04-2013, 7:53 AM

I'm patiently collecting parts I scored an LPK last week! I have an upper about 50% together. Just need a BCG and Hand guard! For my lower all I need in an A2 rifle buffer!

Edit: Just ordered a couple A2 riffle buffers! My first Addax lower will be featureless!

Last edited by Schlyme; 03-04-2013 at 8:08 AM..
Old 03-04-2013, 10:45 AM

I had to sell one of my stripped lowers to fund this purchase...so I have a lonely upper, stock, and LPK sitting in my closet.

My SDM-R is judging me. For the sake of my relationship with my rifle, I hope the lowers come soon.

*teasing*

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 AM

Thank you, Addax, for being as forthcoming with specifics as you are/have been.

When they kick in your front door,
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head,
Or on the trigger of your gun?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 AM

THANKS ADDAX! Can't wait to see a pic!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:01 PM

*doing the happy dance* Now if only i could find a BCG somewhere (at a decent pre-craze price) lol
Old 03-05-2013, 8:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Awesome!
Old 03-05-2013, 8:12 AM

Thanks again!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:45 AM

Addax, thank you for the update!!