Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Addax Tactical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Addax Tactical Hosted by Addax

Old 12-25-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by me109g4 View Post
At this point I personally would go for a stripped upper, as I dont know what I will be building yet.
This. I haven't even decided on the caliber I am going with yet.
Maybe we could have both, one configuration of a complete upper and a stripped upper as well.

Thanks again to Kaligran and Addax for making this happen.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:08 AM

good idea,,as long as things dont get too complex. Its tough running a group buy and it gets tougher exponentially where too many variables are thrown into the mix. Those running the buy would have to draw the line where they are comfortable.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaLogic View Post
Thanks Kali. I know you keep hearing it and the reason you do is that you've done a bang up job, even above and beyond the call of duty since we're at the waiting for the lowers stage.
Thanks Baka. I really do appreciate it.
I had never been involved with a group buy before but have heard horror stories and wanted to make sure anything that was to help CGF didn't turn into one of those.

I've already volunteered to help Addax with any more fundraiser group buys for CGF if they decide to do any more.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 12-25-2012, 3:35 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
Thanks Baka. I really do appreciate it.
I had never been involved with a group buy before but have heard horror stories and wanted to make sure anything that was to help CGF didn't turn into one of those.

I've already volunteered to help Addax with any more fundraiser group buys for CGF if they decide to do any more.
Kaligaran,

We would not have been able to pull this Group Buy together without your assisting us with the management and working with the Calguns members directly.

As soon as I figure out the details for an upper receiver group buy in the coming days, we will ask you to assist us with this as well.

Thank you,
Chris
San Fernando, CA 91340

Email: sales@addaxtactical.com

Phone: (818) 361-5008
Old 12-25-2012, 3:38 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by me109g4 View Post
good idea,,as long as things dont get too complex. Its tough running a group buy and it gets tougher exponentially where too many variables are thrown into the mix. Those running the buy would have to draw the line where they are comfortable.
Exactly!

When we eventually run an upper receiver group buy, we can offer just the upper receiver with a CGF mark and a complete custom spec. upper receiver assembly in 5.56.

We want to get the lowers all done first, and let the dust settle in the coming weeks from the buying frenzy before we embark on an upper receiver Group Buy.

Thanks,
Chris
San Fernando, CA 91340

Old 12-25-2012, 6:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addax View Post
Exactly!

When we eventually run an upper receiver group buy, we can offer just the upper receiver with a CGF mark and a complete custom spec. upper receiver assembly in 5.56.

We want to get the lowers all done first, and let the dust settle in the coming weeks from the buying frenzy before we embark on an upper receiver Group Buy.

Thanks,
Chris
Make sure to do it before any AWB

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 12-25-2012, 7:59 PM

How do I change my FFL thats the lowers are sent to
Old 12-25-2012, 9:33 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by megolfer View Post
How do I change my FFL thats the lowers are sent to
Please PM Kaligaran, and shoot us an email.

sales@addaxtactical.com
San Fernando, CA 91340

Old 12-25-2012, 9:43 PM

Man I wish I could have gotten in on this. Better luck next go-round.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:30 PM

I'll tell you what, I went into my favorite FFL today -- unusually, I had to park a block and a half away. The line was 15 people deep just to talk to a staff member. The racks were looking a little thin.... my guess is that when my CGF lowers show up there they might be the only two lowers in the store! Waiting, waiting...... not impatient, just smiling and waiting.
Old 12-29-2012, 6:31 AM

Quote:
I think we're all happy to have gotten in on it at this point. Even 80% lowers seem to be near impossible to find at this point.
A bunch of my friends and I got together for a group buy of 80% lowers through Ares Armor. We were told to get the order in by Fri/Sat before Xmas to make sure we got delivery by APRIL. We got together Fri evening, got all the payments turned over to the one guy who organized the buy (25-28 lowers total), so he could get the order/payment finalized on Sat morning... Then this crap ensued:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend handing the order/payment
Dec 22nd: "They said they won't be charging me until they get their credit card (crap) straightened out. PayPal canceled their account yesterday when they realized it was firearms related."

Then Dec. 27th: "Their credit card company didn't like being involved in the tsunami of firearms related transactions and pulled their services just like PayPal did. They're getting a new company set up and once that is done, it will take them a few days to work through the nearly 900 pending orders they have sitting on hold."
Still waiting for the outcome.. CRAZY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_cg View Post
Waiting, waiting...... not impatient, just smiling and waiting.
I'm right there with you!

Meanwhile, since I'm building a .50 Beowulf and dedicated 22LR with my two CGF lowers, I picked up a set of pink Magpul furniture at Metal Dog Tactical for the 22LR.

"We DID!! Who the **** invited you??"
Old 12-29-2012, 12:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

After reading this thread - I thank my lucky stars Santa brought me a YHM upper.

Last edited by dlu04; 12-29-2012 at 7:42 PM.. Reason: brevity
Old 12-30-2012, 1:36 PM
Veteran Member

I've had a couple of PMs asking for status update so I wanted to post here for everyone.

I talked to Addax yesterday. They have been in touch with the forging company last Monday which are on a skeleton crew due to the holiday season. Our forgings are being created now.

As a reminder:
Quote:
Originally Posted by main_groupbuy_post
The lowers are ESTIMATED to be completed by the end of January 2013. ...
This is our best guess estimate based on current market and industry conditions.
With the holiday season and the insane demand for lowers, we may be a couple of weeks late. So instead of end of January, it may be mid February. As soon as Addax gets the forgings they'll start on the engraving immediately.

Before we all strap down our tin foil hats too tight, just remember what Brandon (aka Wildhawker) said, nothing is happening right now. Your lowers are not in danger. This group buy will be completed and everyone will be enjoying their new shiny CGF lowers soon!

And CGF will have almost $3k donation from this group buy to help preserve 2A in this criticle year to come.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 12-30-2012, 7:27 PM

Sweet! just in time for my birhtday!! No need to wrap them I guess...
Thanks for keeping us up to date Kaligaran!! And to the folk at Addax, thanks for your patients in answering our tin hat questions!!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:22 PM

Looks like I missed this group buy, if there is a second round of group buy or anyone who wants to sell theres i am interested.
Old 12-31-2012, 8:58 AM

Another way to look at a slight delay is it gives the rest of the country's AR part manufacturers and distributors time to get some stock in. Maybe ammo might return to normal. Right now, if we had lowers in hand, most of us wound have an ascetically pleasing lower, holding down a large stack of papers tracking all your backordered parts. There aren't many variations we can build with what's out there right now. I want to do something that is a little more upscale and unique then what I did last time.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:25 PM

Gives me more time to think about what I am actually going to do with it once i get it, lol
Old 01-02-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rally200 View Post
Right now, if we had lowers in hand, most of us wound have an ascetically pleasing lower, holding down a large stack of papers tracking all your backordered parts.
Hmmm..... now that you mention it.... right now I have a stack of paper for backordered parts, and here I am without a paper-weight.
Old 01-04-2013, 9:04 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Group Buy Update:

Today, the forging company updated us with an estimated completion for mid-to late March 2013 for the forgings we ordered in November for the Group Buy. They explained that they are running behind on production.

You are all aware, the crushing demand and buying frenzy that is currently taking place has put a significant strain on the Firearms industry, especially with the AR15 market.

The availability of everything from raw materials to finished products has been impacted, and this is what we are currently encountering with the order for the forgings.

With the current political climate, and huge demand, we do not want to wait for the new forgings, and we don’t want to experience any other serious delays to this Group Buy.

The main reason why we had to order new forgings for this Group Buy was to allow us to engrave the CGF model and serial number.

HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS!

We have a Plan B in place.

We have been machining our AT-15 forged lower receivers since October 2012 to fulfill back orders we took late summer 2012 with forgings we had in stock.

Due to the nature of our industry, and from our previous experience with suppliers not shipping or delivering in time, we set up a reserve of semi-finished lower receivers from our last production run just in case the new forgings could not be delivered in a reasonable timeframe so we can complete the Group Buy.

We have enough of our AT-15 lowers in 80-90% stage from our last production run at this point to complete the group buy. The AT-15 lowers we have in reserve already have the AT-15 model number and our serial numbers engraved on them, so we cannot engrave the CGF model name and CGF serial number.

These lowers need some final machining and prep, which will take another week. Then we can package these and ship to Anodizing. Anodizing is estimated to take approx. 4-5 weeks.

The ONLY difference between the Group Buy lowers and the AT-15 lowers is the Model and Serial number markings on the lower receiver.

The CGF laser engraving will still be done in the same location. You can see the details in the rendition below (see picture below).

We have also discussed this Plan B with Brandon at CGF (aka Wildhawker), and CGF is 100% on board and approved/recommended this change in the group buy in lieu of waiting until May, where we are at the mercy of the forger for further problems/delays.

Given the current political climate and huge demand / run on lower receivers right now, we feel that Plan B is the best way to proceed.

What this does for the group buy:
  1. We have the forgings in hand at this time. We will complete and anodize them. Then engrave with the CGF logo just as promised in the group buy main post. Meaning they only have to go out of house for anodizing, then once they are back from Anodizing, we will laser engrave the CGF logo on each lower.
  2. The entire process including Laser Engraving the lowers is estimated to be completed by the end of February.
  3. These lowers are identical in quality and spec to the originally offered lowers. The only difference is the model name and serial number markings. (Please see the attached picture for an example).
  4. The $3k donation will still be made to CGF at the completion of the group buy.
  5. Serial numbers will still be sequential for those of you that purchased multiple lowers.

To reiterate, the ONLY difference between these lowers and the originally ordered lowers is the model name, serial number and placement of the Addax Tactical name (again, see the attached image).

Please contact Kaligaran or us if you have any questions.

Please do not contact us asking if we have any additional lowers available, since what we have in reserve is going to be used to fulfill the current Group Buy orders.

We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding.

Thank you,
Addax Tactical

San Fernando, CA 91340

Old 01-04-2013, 9:07 AM

So it is being changed automatically to plan B? Which is fine with me, I just want it asap. thx
Old 01-04-2013, 9:13 AM
Veteran Member

Addax, thanks for the update.

And I can't say THANK YOU enough for having the foresight to squirrel away some lowers as a back up. AND for using them for this group buy instead of participating in the price gouging frenzy that is going on right now among some retailers.

I'm still really looking forward to getting my lowers and seeing CGF get that big check from this group buy!
That's even MORE awesome that our total is getting rounded to $3k from the $2710 the group buy actually raised!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 9:21 AM

I'm OK with plan "B".

"There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."
Old 01-04-2013, 9:28 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc3zny View Post
So it is being changed automatically to plan B? Which is fine with me, I just want it asap. thx
Yes, we are automatically going to Plan B.

If we wait, we run the risk of extended lead times, and with the current demand, and political climate, and we do not want to risk it.

We know some members will be bummed about not having the CGF model number or serial number, but the CGF logo is still going to be laser engraved on the lowers as shown in the picture we just posted in the update.
San Fernando, CA 91340

Old 01-04-2013, 9:50 AM

Wow! Big thanks Addax for having the foresight and a backup plan!

Does the logo need to be shrunk down to fit the new layout?
Old 01-04-2013, 9:57 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Addax, thanks for the update.

And I can't say THANK YOU enough for having the foresight to squirrel away some lowers as a back up. AND for using them for this group buy instead of participating in the price gouging frenzy that is going on right now among some retailers.
We were very concerned after Obama was re-elected early November that there would be a huge run on everything, so we decided to place some of our last production batch in reserve just in case.

We almost let this reserve go early December when we saw that things looked pretty normal post election. We decided to hold onto to the reserve of AT-15 semi finished lowers until we had confirmation the new forgings we had ordered for the Group Buy had actually shipped.

We are happy we decided to hold on and wait.
San Fernando, CA 91340

Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 AM

Location: Where they tax you on everything and give you the shaft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirrad View Post
+1 on a Big Thanks to Addax.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirrad View Post

Does the logo need to be shrunk down to fit the new layout?
Thank you.

The picture is pretty close to scale. It might need just a little fine adjustment for placement. We will laser a sample once we get these back from Anodizing.
San Fernando, CA 91340

Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 AM

Hey wait a minute, isn't Plan B usually just hoping Plan A comes through???

Awesome and thank you, this is great.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM

Wow awesome...

Having done other group buys of items, I've come to expect delays and issues, but never have I seen such a wonderful backup plan.

Well done
Old 01-04-2013, 11:57 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

sweet, lets go plan B!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian777 View Post
...Don't pick either side....
Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

Ok, updated the main group buy post (first post of this thread) with the new estimated date and the updated lower pic to show the markings for the lowers that we will be using.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thank you Addax! Great foresight!
Old 01-04-2013, 2:25 PM
Veteran Member

I'm ok with this. Thanks for the update.
Old 01-04-2013, 3:23 PM

We are pinned down on this situation. However, may I suggest that CGN logo be engraved on the blank side at least for the non-custom engraved orders? Or can I have this (Logo on right side) as an option?

Last edited by PMMA92; 01-04-2013 at 3:33 PM..
Old 01-04-2013, 3:50 PM

Many thanks for the update, works for me.
Old 01-04-2013, 6:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Plan B sounds great to me, as well. Thanks Addax! Can't wait.
Old 01-04-2013, 6:42 PM

All things considered, absolutely the right thing to do. This is the path of minimum risk.
Old 01-04-2013, 7:48 PM

That's cool! Only thing I'm bummed about is the serial #s, I jumped in on the buy early hoping to get a couple with low numbers out of the limited run serials. I guess when my three 80%s show up in April/May I'll engrave them number 1, 2 and 3.. lol!

I would still order the forgings.. then you guys will have enough for ANOTHER group buy this Summer! , nudge, nudge ,

"We DID!! Who the **** invited you??"
Old 01-04-2013, 8:03 PM

I want to offer A HUGE THANK YOU TO ADDAX AND TO KALIGARAN !

ADDAX: for the great handling of the group buy and lowers!

Kaligaran: For doing all of the coordinating and data work with this buy!

My last AR will be a Calguns rifle built through Addax parts !

Thank You to all!
Jim B

Last edited by prod39; 01-04-2013 at 8:05 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 01-04-2013, 8:54 PM

I'm good with plan B... Thank you very much for the updates and planning this.

I just wish I bought more....

Live n learn but I'm still a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone
OneGtalon

Onegtalon... toooooo many hobbies man !...

HDF, CGN/CGF member