Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 11-26-2016, 7:21 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Default Range Report - Glock 19 Gen 3 Blue Label

Belated Thanksgiving to ALL...

As per the ol' thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...8&postcount=25

I finally got to use my GSSF coupon to get a Glock 19 Gen 3 with Trijicon Nights Sights...! (Unfortunately, even it were a 'Blue Label,' I only got two magazines instead of the usual three... Have anyone had this before with a 'Blue Label' here in SoCal...?)

Oh, well, got the chance to try it out on the range...

Started out with a Dot Torture at 5-yards in a brisk pace (which cost me 'points' in the #6 and #7):

Moving up to some rapid fire at 7-yards:

Finishing up with a ten rounds slow fire at 10-yards:

PS: Taken at home since I forgot to take a shot at the range...

First impression - compared to my first pistol, a Glock 22 (with Taran Butler sights); I find the G19 difficult to get precise shots at 10-yards-plus... For one, the size of the front sight is SO HUGE that it more or less already covers a 3-inch target at 10-yards.

And with my huge hands - hhhhmmm... Am finding the grip more wanting. Am now thinking whether to keep it (as a home defense weapon / nightstand pistol), OR sell it to get $$$ for a G34 (when I get another GSSF coupon).... Or better yet, transfer it to the Wifey as her first pistol?

Would anyone share their own thoughts and/or impressions of the gun?

That said, got to play with a rental Glock 34.... Dang that trigger pull is way less than the G19! And coming from a Glock 22, as well, I find that I'm like dangling a LONG rod when getting my alignment/picture.

Did a Dot Torture, again at 5-yards:

Yeah, STUPID me! #1 calls for slow fire, and I just blazed through it causing me '1-down.' *ugh*

That said, was wondering why my POI were leaning LEFT at such short range; only to find out that someone had adjusted the windage. *ugh* (Lessons Learned: Always check the ZERO of a rental gun)

Well, though I could have gotten more precise groups, it was a nice way to spend the lazy rainy afternoon...

_

WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U
Old 11-26-2016, 8:31 PM

Very good shooting!

Yea, that 34 comes with the - connector.
Old 11-26-2016, 8:55 PM

Maybe change the sights and throw in a minus connector and give it another try. But honestly if you have no need for it i say sell it and go for the G34 or G35 maybe even consider a .45 or 10mm model since you have huge hands.

Last edited by Calguns77; 11-26-2016 at 9:02 PM..
Old 11-26-2016, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

Call Glock and they will sent you the third mag. Alot of shops take the third mag for themselves.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:21 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't care for the G19/23 size either. G17/34 fits great.

The minus connector in the G34 is nice. I put it in my G17 also. $24 bucks make a big difference. Stick with the Glock brand connector. A couple of the aftermarket ones cause some problems.
Old 11-27-2016, 6:53 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Fine shooting!
Old 11-27-2016, 7:54 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calguns77 View Post
Maybe change the sights and throw in a minus connector and give it another try. But honestly if you have no need for it i say sell it and go for the G34 or G35 maybe even consider a .45 or 10mm model since you have huge hands.
Already have a .45 ACP gun - the 1911 MC Operator, but the the Glock 20 looks very inviting! Hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisDSA View Post
Call Glock and they will sent you the third mag. Alot of shops take the third mag for themselves.
Good idea! Thanks! I'll let them know...

Hhhhmmm... Me wonders what will happen to shops that actually "take" the third magazine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDub1950 View Post
I don't care for the G19/23 size either. G17/34 fits great.

The minus connector in the G34 is nice. I put it in my G17 also. $24 bucks make a big difference. Stick with the Glock brand connector. A couple of the aftermarket ones cause some problems.
Woot! That would explain it...

Just ordered an OEM "-" from eBay for about $19... Got two, one for my G19 and the other for the G22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongski View Post
Very good shooting!

Yea, that 34 comes with the - connector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by den888 View Post
Fine shooting!
Thank you!

Am still working on smaller groups at long ranges, ie., 10-yards plus. Hoping to get perform better in the GSSF match in Burro in April (I placed 54th out of 129 Amateur Civilian in my FIRST real match, held early this month).

Working on it...

_

WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U
Old 11-27-2016, 8:15 AM

I have both a 19 and a 34 so I'll try to add a little perspective related to grip size. I wear an XL glove for reference.

It wasn't until I picked up my 34 that the 19's grip felt cramped. Like as if I had to lay my fingers directly on the hump of the finger grooves to comfortably get all my fingers on the grip without the pinky dangling. So I put the 19 away for a while and didn't shoot it much.

Then suddenly I had the urge to shoot it some more and found I no longer had that problem. Yea, the grip is definitely more compact but with my hand nice and high it was no problem to get my whole mitt on the grip. And then grabbing my 34 all of the sudden the grip felt super long and roomy. Almost too much so.

I realize this is just one random guy's opinion, but I guess my point is that when you are constantly switching between pistols it's easy to develop a bias. Once you work on just one pistol at a time your opinions may change.

And for the record, if you told me I could absolutely only keep one - the 19 or 34 - it's the 19, hands down. It is just the more versatile. I even shot my 19 in a couple USPSA matched (albeit learning) and it performed great. It was not the limiting factor, I was. Hope this helps
Old 11-27-2016, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
Take the sights off both your Glocks, and put the night sights on your G22 and the TTI on your G19. Sell the G22.

Shoot just the G19 in 2017.

Stop skipping the strong hand only and weak hand only portions of Dot Torture. You're skipping leg day.
Lol, why should he sell his G22?(assuming he even still has it) The beauty of a G19 comes from the idea you're going to carry it and use it for home defense. Since he doesn't seem to be using it for ccw there really is no reason to keep it if hes not a fan. And since hes already had a bunch if time behind a G22 if anything he should sell the 19 and get a 17.
Old 11-27-2016, 2:57 PM

Quote:
He's been competing in IDPA, and there's no major/minor scoring.

There are 3 types of people who shoot .40; noobs, cops, and people shooting Major in USPSA.
Lol, Delta used G23's.
Old 11-27-2016, 5:04 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackcage View Post
And for the record, if you told me I could absolutely only keep one - the 19 or 34 - it's the 19, hands down. It is just the more versatile. I even shot my 19 in a couple USPSA matched (albeit learning) and it performed great. It was not the limiting factor, I was. Hope this helps
Thank you for your impressions. Yes, I would understand that when it is the 34 against the 19, even I would choose the 19...

On the other hand, when you were competing USPSA with the 19 - have you changed the sights? Or remained with stock?

Quote:
Take the sights off both your Glocks, and put the night sights on your G22 and the TTI on your G19. Sell the G22.

Shoot just the G19 in 2017.

Stop skipping the strong hand only and weak hand only portions of Dot Torture. You're skipping leg day.
Hahaha!!! Got busted by HopetonBrown again...

Ok - had to do some errands at the mall, so, might as well pass by the range. Here is my Dot Torture at 5-yds for the Glock 22, and at brisk pace:

*LOL* As you can see - definitely need work on single hand shooting.

That being said - what is the rationale for just shooting the 19 in 2017...??? (I just stocked up on .40 S&W ammo from FreedomMunitions ).
Old 11-27-2016, 5:08 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
He's been competing in IDPA, and there's no major/minor scoring.

There are 3 types of people who shoot .40; noobs, cops, and people shooting Major in USPSA.
Oh - just got to read this...

Hhhhmmm.... Yes, I think I can focus on the Glock 19 in 2017; but for some reason, can't think of selling the G22. I guess I got attached to it... *LOL*

OK, let me try switching the sights between the two Glocks, and see how I fare...

Cheers!!!

Quote:
Since he doesn't seem to be using it for ccw there really is no reason to keep it if hes not a fan. And since hes already had a bunch if time behind a G22 if anything he should sell the 19 and get a 17.
Actually, one other reason I've chosen to use the GSSF coupon in the G19 was maybe I can have the pistol as a CCW when I'm outside CA. Am actually planning some long interstate vacations with the family next year, so...

_
Old 11-27-2016, 5:34 PM
Veteran Member

Just get a conversion barrel for the G22 or swap on a G35 upper with conversion barrel. Coupled with the G19 would be a nice pair.
Old 11-27-2016, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodralig View Post
Actually, one other reason I've chosen to use the GSSF coupon in the G19 was maybe I can have the pistol as a CCW when I'm outside CA. Am actually planning some long interstate vacations with the family next year, so...

_
For what is worth i dont find it that much more difficult to conceal a g17/22 over a g19. Obviously ymmv.
Old 11-27-2016, 7:05 PM

Good shooting. Big difference in shooting a different caliber and gun size huh? It just takes some getting used to. The trigger on your new G19 versus the used rental G34 results from the few rounds to the thousands of rounds. A used Glock trigger is the best.

But if you can't get used to the G19, let me know if you want to sell.
Old 11-27-2016, 7:28 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
For what is worth i dont find it that much more difficult to conceal a g17/22 over a g19. Obviously ymmv.
Now that you mentioned it - I think I realized I had an ooopppsssiie moment after I had the LGS order the Blue Label from their distributor. I was choosing between the G19 and the G26, but found the latter TOO small for comfort. The G42 was just out of the question...

But then, I guess with the right gear (Urban Carry Gen 2...?) - I can maybe get it to work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
Just get a conversion barrel for the G22 or swap on a G35 upper with conversion barrel. Coupled with the G19 would be a nice pair.
Since .40S&W is getting quite expensive, was actually considering a conversion barrel. But, have heard good stories and bad stories about conversion barrels, that the consensus was choose a good brand, etc.

Mind proposing which one? Lone Wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpia is sarap!® View Post
But if you can't get used to the G19, let me know if you want to sell.
Hahaha!!!!

_

Last edited by rodralig; 11-27-2016 at 7:31 PM..
Old 11-27-2016, 8:30 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Why are you shooting a G22? What are the perceived benefits over a 9mm?
I see where you are getting at... And as always, it DOES make sense.

That said - would it make more sense that I sell the G22, then replace it either with a G17 or G34? I'm not sure if it were you; but, I remember being told to have two of practically the same gun. A G19 + G17/G34 combination sounds good, no?

Then, I believe I can scope down my ammo requirements to 9mm (which then works across all my guns - particularly when #SHTF scenarios... *LOL*)

Quote:
And don't get an Urban Carry holster.
Recommendations?

I've heard that getting a CCW holster is a hit-or-miss thing, and some actually go through a few brands/makes before finding one that works...

_
Old 11-28-2016, 7:56 AM

Quote:
I've heard that getting a CCW holster is a hit-or-miss thing, and some actually go through a few brands/makes before finding one that works...
In addition to Hopetown's comments, I also think it's just a gear whore mentality. Just like how some ppl want a lot of guns, they want a drawer full of holsters, tactical flashlights, etc.

In reference to your previous comment regarding which sights I have on my G19, I have dawson precision fiber front / black rear on both my 19 and 34. I get their competition sets with the narrow front blade and fixed rear
Old 11-28-2016, 8:38 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Not really. They buy some piece of crap at their local sporting goods/gun store, then they buy some heavily marketed cheap piece of crap they read about on the internet, etc. Just get a JM Custom Kydex, use coupon code CYBER tomorrow between 8am and 8pm for an extra 15% off.

Thanks...

Me wonders then - is appendix carry right for me? And maybe the G19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackcage View Post
In reference to your previous comment regarding which sights I have on my G19, I have dawson precision fiber front / black rear on both my 19 and 34. I get their competition sets with the narrow front blade and fixed rear

Thanks for letting me know, because was curious on how people could compete with the G19 with those "fat" and contrast-less sights... My G22 has the Taran Butler - narrow front blade, very small FO at the top edge, and fixed/wide black rear. It is so much easier for target acquisition and a [little more] precise aiming.

_

Last edited by rodralig; 11-28-2016 at 8:42 PM..
Old 11-28-2016, 10:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
My opinion is that appendix carry is for advanced shooters. I'd also suggest that people carrying a Glock in appendix position purchase and use a Gadget.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/g...ntrol-device#/

After tonight the price will be going up.
The link seems to indicate it's not shipping yet. It give estimated date of Jan 2016.

It got lots of press mid '15 then nothing new since then.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Tracking says mine will arrive friday. They were gonna be MIM, but the ones they received were not up to their standards, so they decided to go billet. The $60 reflects what they were gonna charge for the cheaper-to-produce MIM ones, which explains why the price is going up in 39 minutes.
Thanks. I had some money hanging around in my paypal account so I paid for one. Hoping I'll get it in a week or so.

Yep! This morning the price went up from $60 to $95 +shipping. Again, thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by ElDub1950; 11-29-2016 at 9:59 AM..
Old 11-29-2016, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I finally got to use my GSSF coupon to get a Glock 19 Gen 3 with Trijicon Nights Sights...!

... I find the G19 difficult to get precise shots at 10-yards-plus... For one, the size of the front sight is SO HUGE that it more or less already covers a 3-inch target at 10-yards.
I love my G19 Gen 3 but I wish I got the Trijicon Night Sights. I had them on a Beretta 92FS. Which gun shop did you go to?

It covers 3 inches, but then, that is the size of a BG heart. Thank you for sharing.
Old 12-01-2016, 5:15 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che762x39 View Post
I love my G19 Gen 3 but I wish I got the Trijicon Night Sights. I had them on a Beretta 92FS. Which gun shop did you go to?

I went to the OC Indoor Shooting Range Pro Shop in Brea.

Quote:
It covers 3 inches, but then, that is the size of a BG heart. Thank you for sharing.
You are welcome.

True - but then, being able to precisely shoot at 10+ yards under NO stress/pressure is actually good for accuracy when I actually need to shoot at shorter ranges under EXTREME stress.

... and unfortunately, the Trijicon Sights are JUST WAY TOO BIG for comfort... I'm basically aiming for a middle-ground between Bullseye and Combat accuracy... (I may be mistaken here, but, if that weren't the case, then IDPA competition shooters would be sticking with STOCK sights?)

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...nsive-handgun/

Quote:
My opinion is that appendix carry is for advanced shooters. I'd also suggest that people carrying a Glock in appendix position purchase and use a Gadget.

I guess then that appendix carry is NOT for me... *LOL*

Anyways, if you'd allow a few questions:

- Why in your opinion is that this carry method is meant for advanced shooters?
- Why, if you doing appendix carry, do you require the "Gadget"...? Wouldn't that be changing the grip I learn/practice in dry fire?
- If at my level, appendix is not right - then it would be IWB on the side then? Wouldn't that be difficult to CONCEAL?
- And to an early post, why would you Not recommend the Urban Carry (which is the Gen 2)...?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by rodralig; 12-01-2016 at 5:18 PM..
Old 12-01-2016, 8:42 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Most people have very poor gunhandling skills, this includes armed professionals. Risk vs. reward. The risk of appendix carry can be worth the reward for greater concealment and a faster draw. The risk is diminished when the shooter is more experienced.
I see... Let me first research on the PROS and CONS on appendix carry, as I honestly, only know ZERO about this method of carry

Quote:
No. You place your thumb on the back of the slide on the reholster. Just like how some teach to reholster a hammer fired pistol or revolver.
Oh! During RE-holstering.... Got it!

Quote:
Most mass-marketed, consumer grade holsters (Urban Carry, Versa Carry, Alien Gear, Crossbreed, Serpa etc) are popular amongst the average gun owner because of price point, comfort, instant gratification, heavy advertising. More important factors are how well it conceals, how well in retains, how easy to access in an emergency, how quick to access.

If you want a nice concealment holster that is gimmick and derp free, I believe I've recommended JM Custom Kydex before.
Okay - let me first figure out what appendix carry is all about, see if there are ways to "try" it out, maybe in dry fire, without first actually getting a AIWB.

Quote:
And someone needs to show the Urban Carry people how to hold a handgun.

*LOL*

Yep! I noticed that, too, in their marketing video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by rodralig; 12-01-2016 at 8:45 PM..
Old 12-01-2016, 8:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I went to the OC Indoor Shooting Range Pro Shop in Brea.
Thank you.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Most people have very poor gunhandling skills, this includes armed professionals. Risk vs. reward. The risk of appendix carry can be worth the reward for greater concealment and a faster draw. The risk is diminished when the shooter is more experienced.

No. You place your thumb on the back of the slide on the reholster. Just like how some teach to reholster a hammer fired pistol or revolver.
Now that I've read more about appendix carry do I understand why it is more of a risk for less experienced (and/or careful) shooters.... Hence, your suggestion to get the "gadget." ... which, unfortunately, I did NOT as it was something that I did NOT understand.

But, then, I can still order it. Though it will take time to arrive, I'm not rushing because there are still much to learn/train/practice.
Old 12-03-2016, 8:23 PM
Veteran Member

I've recently switched from Alien Gear at 5 oclock to kydex appendix at about 1 oclock. The difference in retention and concealment is huge. Carrying at 5 oclock is a pain with a normal tshirt for me. I never felt comfortable and was always checking my shirt so it didn't ride up over it. I can also carry at 3 oclock with the same holster if I'm wearing more clothing.

Lots of unloaded drawing and holstering. Making sure to keep clothing and fingers clear of the holster. I actually extend my fingers straight when holstering to ensure they are nowhere near the trigger guard when it enters the holster. Got some good holster wear going, the click when I holster is reassuring that it isn't going anywhere.
Old 12-04-2016, 7:36 AM

OP, I don't know if you went the g17 route or not. But it looks like you have a good grasp on that g22 and you're pretty acclimated with it. Another poster mentioned a conversion barrel and I'll cosign on that. You can maintain the g22 you're already used to and shoot 9 through it. I've used both lone wolf and kkm, they're both fine.

I like 40 glocks because there's a 9mm glock hiding inside each one.
Old 12-04-2016, 3:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

After tonight the price will be going up.

...snipped/brevity...

Quote:
Maintain a firm grip of your pistol until it's completely in the holster. Sometimes people will miss the holster then drop their gun on the deck because they didn't have a firm grip. Place your trigger finger in the ejection port, instead. An old Delta guy suggested we do that.
I think a "Gadget" or any added device which could fail and interfere with the action of a gun is a bad idea. Ideally you shouldn't be reholstering when carrying appendix. Ideally you should take your holster off, place the gun back in the holster and then put the holster back in your pants. Besides, why would someone need to reholster so often while carrying appendix that they need to add a "Gadget" or anything else?
Old 12-04-2016, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
I think a "Gadget" or any added device which could fail and interfere with the action of a gun is a bad idea. Ideally you shouldn't be reholstering when carrying appendix. Ideally you should take your holster off, place the gun back in the holster and then put the holster back in your pants. Besides, why would someone need to reholster so often while carrying appendix that they need to add a "Gadget" or anything else?
Because. Training.
Old 12-04-2016, 5:15 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisDSA View Post

Quote:
Good idea! Thanks! I'll let them know...

Hhhhmmm... Me wonders what will happen to shops that actually "take" the third magazine.

I just wrote an email to Glock USA (am really busy lately during weekdays, and almost unable to make a call during office hours)....

That said, just got a gut feel that my G19 may NOT be equipped with Trijicon Nights Sights as per my order (could just be the regular Glock Night Sights). Hence, also requested Customer Service to check their records against the pistol's serial number... (If they can miss on a magazine, isn't it also a possibility they may have gotten me the wrong pistol? I don't know how Trijicons are packaged when included in OEMs)

Hhhhmmm....
Old 12-04-2016, 5:24 PM
Veteran Member

If they are Trijicon, they would likely be marked so.
Old 12-04-2016, 5:36 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yeah - if they are marked like the aftermarket Trijicons - then I did NOT receive the Trijicons... *ugh*

I'll wait for what Glock USA would come back with.... Then decide what to do...

_
Old 12-04-2016, 5:36 PM

Quote:

Consider going to a McNally trigger. Gr8 price and you get a fully adjustable take up and over travel adjustment that you don't need to remove the trigger to make the adjustments as you do on other more expensive triggers. It's a fully drop in trigger and comes with a Glock OEM "-" connector and a heavier trigger spring to get you ~3.5lb trigger pull. I then added a reduced weight safety plunger spring and now have ~3lb trigger pull. Terrific for competitions. Not recommended for carry. I have his trigger on 3 of my Glocks. Absolutely love the McNally trigger. My groupings instantly improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10/20: Call for interview.............elapsed time = 145 days
10/28: Interview; LiveScan Submitted: CA/FBI Cleared...elapsed time = 153 (5.1 mnths)
11/09: Firearms Cleared
1/31: Deputy called said Sgt approved, needed email address.....elapsed time = 248 days (8.3mnths)
Old 12-05-2016, 7:06 AM

Informative thread....I had never seen that 'Gadget' ....thx for the tip
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face", Mike Tyson
Old 12-05-2016, 1:31 PM

"He can't shoot conversion barrels in SSP or Production."

Gotcha
Old 12-05-2016, 8:44 PM

On the contrary, i appendix carry and remove my holster every time i reholster. There are a lot of variables as to why by i disagree that it is burdensome and time consuming. It can be dangerous and irresponsible to reholster an appendix carry. But thats just speaking from experience coming from a law enforcement officer that appendix carries everyday. What do i know right? And just before the questions start, I've gone through handgun courses where for two days straight it is just drawing from concealed carry. I recommend taking the holster out, reholstering the firearm, and then replacing the firearm and holster back into your preferred appendix carry position.
Old 12-06-2016, 7:52 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

OK. I’m a little lost here, particularly because I never had to CCW, yet.

Why would it be dangerous to re-holster to appendix IF your FINGER is OFF the trigger AND IF you are LOOKING at the GUN/HOLSTER when re-holstering AND IF the holster where like a Kydex (so nothing gets stuck) AND doing it SLOWLY and CONSCIENTIOUSLY ...?

Am I missing something here? Thanks in advanced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 12-06-2016, 8:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
OK. I’m a little lost here, particularly because I never had to CCW, yet.

Why would it be dangerous to re-holster to appendix IF your FINGER is OFF the trigger AND IF you are LOOKING at the GUN/HOLSTER when re-holstering AND IF the holster where like a Kydex (so nothing gets stuck) AND doing it SLOWLY and CONSCIENTIOUSLY ...?

Am I missing something here? Thanks in advanced!

All safety rules/guidelines/preferences are for when something doesn't go EXACTLY right.

Millions(?) appendix carry all the time and reholster safely. For some, appendix carry increases the possibility of getting complacent and doing something wrong. That's all.

Also, the potential damage to yourself if you have a holstering accident is somewhat more with appendix carry than 3 or 5 oclock carry.
Old 12-14-2016, 5:35 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEtrane View Post
OP, I don't know if you went the g17 route or not. But it looks like you have a good grasp on that g22 and you're pretty acclimated with it. Another poster mentioned a conversion barrel and I'll cosign on that. You can maintain the g22 you're already used to and shoot 9 through it. I've used both lone wolf and kkm, they're both fine.

I like 40 glocks because there's a 9mm glock hiding inside each one.

As I'm still saving on either G17 or G34 (well, for some unidentified reason, I still suck with the G19... I dunno - is it the sights, the barrel length, or the grip) - got this:

Glock Store's Double Diamond barrels seem to be manufactured by LW!