Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 12-03-2016, 9:49 AM

I'm now up to 16 Glock 17 variants and 13 Glock 19 variants.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoka View Post
this is insane, lol

i have 5 blocks, but none are duplicates

although I DO want duplicates for replacement parts purposes and just having my favorite ones in multiple locations...

but id say the gun i REALLY want two of is a colt python..

i want one that is BNIB unfired, and one that I can shoot and enjoy and worry about getting dirty (or god forbid scratched up)

that dreams seems unrealistic, but maybe one day
Old 12-04-2016, 6:29 PM

16 glock 17's. That is crazy. Are you mating them, do they have twins like every 9 months?
Old 12-04-2016, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Gotta collect every Vicker's glock.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:05 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Interesting thread. If we restrict your question to "two of the same handgun" I'd guess fewer people would answer "yes". I have a few dupes: two .40 cal Sig P229s. One was purchased in .357 Sig but I eventually decided against that round in favor of .40, so I bought a .40 barrel. Both are now identical with the same E2 grips and the same trigger jobs from Bruce Gray. (Once you shoot a Sig with a Gray trigger job, you'll understand).

These are both highly shootable, highly accurate compact handguns that were great carry pistols back when I lived someplace I could get a CCW. Since then I've had to decide "live at the beach" vs "be able to carry". Currently I'm at the beach.

I have several P226s, though none of them are identical. All are 9mm. One is the very first semiauto pistol I purchased for myself back in the early '80s. One is a US Navy Mk25 that was a gift from a SEAL friend who passed away. Another is a California roster Mk25 which I originally purchased so I could keep my friend's gun is the condition he gave it to me in. Unfortunately it has the ridiculous California-required features like a magazine safety and loaded chamber indicator. It's been a safe queen since I bought it, never fired mostly because the California features piss me off.

I have several 1911's, but no two are alike so perhaps we shouldn't count those. My guess is that most people who have a 1911 have more than one.

As for long guns... that duplicate list is longer. AR15s... well I have a bunch of those but, again, no two are identical. Even some I've built up from identical receivers are quite different in the end. Why keep building the same gun? I have more than one Ruger 20-22, though they're all different. I have two Mini-14a, again, both different.

I have kind of a weird fascination with lever guns. I own a number of Winchester 92's and 94's from various eras from 2014 going back to 1906. Plus a Winchester 1892 takedown made by Taylors in 2014. Is that the "same gun" as an original Winchester 1892 made in 1926? Maybe.

Probably the most valuable thing in my safe is a Henry 1860 that was my grandfather's and was the first firearm I ever shot, in Montana, when I was ten years old. I was lucky enough to have him give it to me long ago. Since it's chambered in the very hard to find 44 rimfire and since I would not make a habit of firing it anyway, I picked up a Uberti/Taylors Henry 1860 copy in 45LC. A lot of fun to shoot. Are they "two of the same gun"? Depends on how you look at it, I suppose.

Shotguns: I own two Mossburg 500s. Both loaded and in the house. Because I prefer not to have to dash across the place to retrieve one if needed.

Oh, and I have two IWI Tavors. Different color schemes, but both chambered in 5.56 NATO. Why? I like 'em. Different optics though. Does that count?

In reviewing the thread, it appears I probably have more "duplicates" than most. Some of it is the lever guns. Though I don't think of myself as a "collector", that's probably a better moniker than "gun nut". The other thing is that I'm... uh... "less young" than a lot of the people on the forum, so I've been accumulating firearms for quite some time. I find it somewhat more sane (and useful) than hording ceramic statues or baseball cards. Or cats.
Life Member, California Rifle and Pistol Association
Member, CAL-FFL - Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Sustaining Sponsor, CATO Institute

Last edited by popawoody; 12-17-2016 at 6:30 PM..
Old 12-17-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Madoka is a high Roller with plenty of disposable income
Old 12-17-2016, 11:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Vp9s where:
1 is None
2 is One
3 is a Sickness

It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
Old 12-17-2016, 11:50 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
I thought this was crazy until I remembered I have several 1911s (Nowhere NEAR 17 though! ), guy at one of my LGS has 23 and I've seen 1911 collections of way more... It's what ya like I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.