Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 12:23 PM

In a nutshell for building your 80%:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
Agreed, but if you want to play the game, you have to follow the rules.

At least, while building your pistol.

After the pistol has been built as a single shot - there is no law preventing you from modifying it to be a semi-auto. It just has to be built as a single-shot ORIGINALLY.

From there, you should be able to build the pistol the way you want. If you register it as an AW in 2017 (pretty hard to have a "featureless" pistol... a pistol without a pistol grip is going to be a handful) then you should be able to incorporate all the "evil features" they have in other states. You just won't be able to go much of anywhere with it.... home, range, back home, repeat ad nauseum... not much good as a "trunk gun" which is what a lot of folks use them for no doubt.
Old 10-11-2016, 1:33 PM

If building a ar pistol. Does it need to be fired first before changing the magazine and adding a gas block and tube? Or can you build it without the gas tube and with the single shot mag and then take it apart without firing and add the gastube and block?
Old 10-11-2016, 8:47 PM

In theory after Jan 1st 2017 and after you register your AR pistol as an AW you could remove the BB and install a flash hinder correct? any reason you couldn't?
Old 10-11-2016, 8:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido02 View Post
In theory after Jan 1st 2017 and after you register your AR pistol as an AW you could remove the BB and install a flash hinder correct? any reason you couldn't?
Nothing set in stone.
my gun shoots better with shiny brass...plus not only does the shiny brass make me look like a pimp at the range if the sun catches it just right it blinds the guy next to me which improves my odds of winning the match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Full size. Stubbies are for sissies.
Old 10-12-2016, 4:09 PM

How about the mp5 pistol? Is there any ways to make it Ca compliant aside from registering it?
Old 10-12-2016, 7:13 PM

So along with a pinned muzzle attachment and no buttstock, adding a BB2.0 and a Backfin grip from Exile Machine makes for an ar pistol that doesn't need to be registered?
Old 10-12-2016, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220 View Post
So along with a pinned muzzle attachment and no buttstock, adding a BB2.0 and a Backfin grip from Exile Machine makes for an ar pistol that doesn't need to be registered?
That depends on whether they considered an AR pistol handguard to be "A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer’s hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel."

If you want an AR pistol, you'd probably want to register it to avoid being the test case.
Old 10-12-2016, 8:12 PM

Really sorry for even asking but isn't an AR pistol with a OAL length over a magic number technically considered an AOW? It's the only reason I bought an 11.5 barrel.... Well that and to have a carbine gas system. Do all these new crazy laws (no threaded barrels) apply to AOWs? Not super familiar with the facts. Can someone please help fill in the blanks?
Old 10-12-2016, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Labs View Post
Really sorry for even asking but isn't an AR pistol with a OAL length over a magic number technically considered an AOW? It's the only reason I bought an 11.5 barrel.... Well that and to have a carbine gas system. Do all these new crazy laws (no threaded barrels) apply to AOWs? Not super familiar with the facts. Can someone please help fill in the blanks?
AOWs do need to comply with CA AW regulations. The state does not have a notion of an AOW internal to it's own body of law, meaning all AOWs are either CA-defined pistols, CA-defined long guns, CA-defined rifles, or CA-defined shotguns. California does not have a notion of an "other".

This means that a AOW AR pistol that does not fire a fixed shotgun shell and has a rifled barrel would be classified as a CA-defined pistol, since it can't be long enough to be classified as a long gun, and it can't have a stock which would classify it as a rifle or shotgun. As a CA-defined "pistol" it must follow all the same rules that apply to any other pistol, including those in the AW laws.

If you wanted to make an AOW then the firearm must be less then 26" in length to be considered a pistol, a second grip must be installed, and it must not have a (federally defined) stock. You also would need to go through the steps to register it as an AOW, then comply with the marking requirements for NFA firearms. The second grip is required for it to be considered an AOW as a "handgun with a second grip" is the defining feature here.

The only thing you really gain by making an AOW is the ability to add a second vertical grip, and the exemption for the "arm brace" where California can't redefine the federally-recognized "arm brace" into a stock since all correctly registered Federal AOWs are exempt from CA-defined short barreled rifle laws.

Are you confused yet?

Quiet will probably jump in and fill in anything I missed
Old 10-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSideburns View Post
Looks like this means you can't shoot a california RAW on BLM land, without approval by BLM for your specific RAW....

Do you guys agree with this interpretation?
BLM has given written approval for use of all AWs on their land:

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/prog/rec...ing.print.html
Quote:
Persons have permission of the BLM to possess and use firearms on BLM-administered public lands, including lawfully registered assault weapons, except when prohibited by other applicable laws and regulations.
Old 10-13-2016, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDShawn View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but the post by Quiet is the first and only time I have seen a mention about not being able to use a pre-assembled upper and be in compliance, in my many hours of searching this subject. Maybe I'm not getting the search terms correct. I get the rest of it, but seems like that would also mean that a person couldn't put together a firearm with used parts they had lying around(extras, takeoffs, etc) on a new lower. Just seems counterintuitive since the lower is the part actually considered a firearm, and the only part that is regulated. I also get the extra precaution by building your own upper. Just would like to get my facts straight from people with more experience on this before I jump into it and end up with a gun I can't even use for risk of a felony, as well as find out that the upper I have is a waste. I don't want to build it and have to leave it at home. Not trying to stir ****.
What they are saying is the current law says the single shot pistol cannot have previously been a semi auto pistol.

Depending on how you interpret this, it could mean that a preassembled upper can be interpreted as having previously been part of a semi auto handgun prior to being shipped to you.

If the upper wasn't manufactured by an 07 gun manufacturer I don't see how this is possible myself as anyone else isn't in the gun manufacturing business.

But the law does say non compliant handguns need to be manufactured bolt action or break top and not previously semi auto.

I think I got this right.
Old 10-14-2016, 6:07 PM

Sorry for even asking but do all these laws apply "no threaded barrel" apply to AOWs?? I forgot the magic number but if my barrel is 11.5" is it an AOW and no longer considered a pistol??
Old 10-15-2016, 5:40 AM
retired Goon

Quote:
Really sorry for even asking but isn't an AR pistol with a OAL length over a magic number technically considered an AOW? It's the only reason I bought an 11.5 barrel.... Well that and to have a carbine gas system.
Nope.

Under Federal laws...

A firearm with a rifled less than 16" barrel length + less than 26" overall length + no shoulder stock = Title 1 Handgun
A firearm with a rifled less than 16" barrel length + greater than 26" overall length + no shoulder stock = Title 1 Other
A firearm with a rifled less than 16" barrel length + less than 26" overall length + no shoulder stock + vertical forward grip = Title 2 AOW

Making/transferring/possessing a Title 2 AOW without BATFE approval is a Federal felony.

Under CA laws...

A firearm with a less than 16" barrel length is a "handgun".
A firearm with a 16" or greater barrel length is a "long gun".

Therefore...

If the AR Pistol with 11.5" barrel has an overall length of less than 26" and it does not have a vertical forward grip, then it is considered Title 1 Handgun under Federal laws and a handgun under CA laws.

If the AR Pistol with 11.5" barrel has an overall length of greater than 26" and it does not have a vertical forward grip, then it is considered a Title 1 Other under Federal laws and a handgun under CA laws.

If the AR Pistol with 11.5" barrel has an overall length of less than 26" and it has a vertical forward grip, then it is considered a Title 2 AOW under Federal laws and a handgun under CA laws.

Quote:
Do all these new crazy laws (no threaded barrels) apply to AOWs? Not super familiar with the facts. Can someone please help fill in the blanks?
Quote:
Sorry for even asking but do all these laws apply "no threaded barrel" apply to AOWs?? I forgot the magic number but if my barrel is 11.5" is it an AOW and no longer considered a pistol??
AOW status does not exempt the firearm from CA assault weapons laws and CA unsafe handgun laws.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 10-15-2016, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusedusername View Post

The only thing you really gain by making an AOW is the ability to add a second vertical grip, and the exemption for the "arm brace" where California can't redefine the federally-recognized "arm brace" into a stock since all correctly registered Federal AOWs are exempt from CA-defined short barreled rifle laws.

Are you confused yet?

Quiet will probably jump in and fill in anything I missed
Thoroughly confused now... Can we go into more detail on the arm brace part? So if I go about registering it as an AOW I can somehow shoulder the forearm brace and it's not magically converted into an SBR? Or am I assuming something different? Shouldering is still a no no and in Ca we don't get a forearm brace anymore?..... Unless it's an AOW?

Last edited by K_Labs; 10-15-2016 at 8:16 AM..
Old 10-15-2016, 9:42 AM
retired Goon

Quote:
Thoroughly confused now... Can we go into more detail on the arm brace part? So if I go about registering it as an AOW I can somehow shoulder the forearm brace and it's not magically converted into an SBR? Or am I assuming something different? Shouldering is still a no no and in Ca we don't get a forearm brace anymore?..... Unless it's an AOW?
Because of the way CA SBR/SBS laws are written, an arm stabilizing brace installed on a handgun can classify the firearm as a SBR/SBS.

A Title 2 AOW is exempt from CA SBR/SBS laws.

Therefore...
A Title 2 AOW with an arm stabilizing brace would be exempt from CA SBR/SBS laws, but it would still need to comply with Federal SBR/SBS laws/regulations (no shouldering).

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 10-15-2016, 3:59 PM

So just sell the damn thing and get a cheek rest like this?

http://www.thordsencustoms.com/ar-ak...-saddle-black/
Old 11-16-2016, 4:51 PM

Man my head hurts after reading all of this. The lawmakers may not eventually win the war, but they're at least winning the battle with me as I'm close to doing nothing out of fear of non-compliance.

I currently own nothing and feel I need something before the end of the year. What is the suggested/preferred route based on compliance and proper protection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
If the AR Pistol with 11.5" barrel has an overall length of less than 26" and it does not have a vertical forward grip, then it is considered Title 1 Handgun under Federal laws and a handgun under CA laws.
Handguns avoid AW registration, right? So I could go to a local store and have a 11.5" AR Pistol with an Armaglock built and be in compliance?
Old 11-24-2016, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Nope.

Under Federal laws...

A firearm with a rifled less than 16" barrel length + less than 26" overall length + no shoulder stock = Title 1 Handgun
A firearm with a rifled less than 16" barrel length + greater than 26" overall length + no shoulder stock = Title 1 Other
A firearm with a rifled less than 16" barrel length + less than 26" overall length + no shoulder stock + vertical forward grip = Title 2 AOW

Making/transferring/possessing a Title 2 AOW without BATFE approval is a Federal felony.

Under CA laws...

Therefore...

If the AR Pistol with 11.5" barrel has an overall length of greater than 26" and it does not have a vertical forward grip, then it is considered a Title 1 Other under Federal laws and a handgun under CA laws.

If the AR Pistol with 11.5" barrel has an overall length of less than 26" and it has a vertical forward grip, then it is considered a Title 2 AOW under Federal laws and a handgun under CA laws.

AOW status does not exempt the firearm from CA assault weapons laws and CA unsafe handgun laws.
Happy thanksgiving. So 80% arms is listing this on their website "If you engrave a serial number of your choosing into your completed 80% lower prior to Jul 1, 2018, you will not be affected by this law and you do not need to notify any government agency that you built a firearm. In other words, you can make up any serial number you want (as long as it meets ATF's definition of a serial number), engrave it on your receiver, and this will satisfy California’s legal requirement. You do not need to apply to the state, or tell them what your serial number is. Your lower can still legally remain completely off the radar. The important thing is you MUST engrave your serial number before July 1, 2018 to take advantage of this benefit.

After July, 2018, the law changes for the worse. If you build an 80% lower after July 1, 2018, you must FIRST apply to the California DOJ for a serial number, pay a fee, and they will then assign a serial number that you must apply to your firearm. In this case, you can’t choose your own serial number and your serial number will be in the state government’s data base. If you want to avoid falling under this law, make sure you engrave your own serial number to your completed 80% lowers before July 2018."

I'm trying to understand this plus what you're saying a legal AR Pistol is. A previously done 80 would need engraving. What would the markings consist of to make it legal? In order to make it into a AR Pistol in CA with 10.5 inch upper and either a Pistol buffer tube or Shockwave stabilizer. The barrel would need to be pin and welded with a compensator or flash hider? And overall length of barrel itself shorter than 11.5 with muzzle device or without the device? And which type would it classify as? Also would it would need a mag lock correct?
Old 11-29-2016, 9:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunoboy View Post
Happy thanksgiving. So 80% arms is listing this on their website "If you engrave a serial number of your choosing into your completed 80% lower prior to Jul 1, 2018, you will not be affected by this law and you do not need to notify any government agency that you built a firearm. In other words, you can make up any serial number you want (as long as it meets ATF's definition of a serial number), engrave it on your receiver, and this will satisfy California’s legal requirement. You do not need to apply to the state, or tell them what your serial number is. Your lower can still legally remain completely off the radar. The important thing is you MUST engrave your serial number before July 1, 2018 to take advantage of this benefit.

After July, 2018, the law changes for the worse. If you build an 80% lower after July 1, 2018, you must FIRST apply to the California DOJ for a serial number, pay a fee, and they will then assign a serial number that you must apply to your firearm. In this case, you can’t choose your own serial number and your serial number will be in the state government’s data base. If you want to avoid falling under this law, make sure you engrave your own serial number to your completed 80% lowers before July 2018."

I'm trying to understand this plus what you're saying a legal AR Pistol is. A previously done 80 would need engraving. What would the markings consist of to make it legal? In order to make it into a AR Pistol in CA with 10.5 inch upper and either a Pistol buffer tube or Shockwave stabilizer. The barrel would need to be pin and welded with a compensator or flash hider? And overall length of barrel itself shorter than 11.5 with muzzle device or without the device? And which type would it classify as? Also would it would need a mag lock correct?
What if you stock up on 80% paperweights, but had them engraved before July 1st, 2018, do they have be completed into receivers also by this date?
Old 11-29-2016, 4:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Under CA laws...

Therefore...

If the AR Pistol with 11.5" barrel has an overall length of greater than 26" and it does not have a vertical forward grip, then it is considered a Title 1 Other under Federal laws and a handgun under California laws.

Any link showing that california defines a handgun as anything with a barrel less than 16 inches?

From the California Firearms Laws that I've read, I understand that in California, (aside from no stock) a handgun is defined as having both ; a barrel less than 16 inches, and an OAL of less than 26 inches.
If greater than 26 inches, and not drosed as a long gun or handgun ( as in made from an 80%), it is a "firearm". A firearm is not covered in California AW laws, the AW laws only apply to "long guns" , "shotguns", and "handguns".

Is this correct?
Old 12-02-2016, 9:25 AM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd_gear View Post
Any link showing that california defines a handgun as anything with a barrel less than 16 inches?

From the California Firearms Laws that I've read, I understand that in California, (aside from no stock) a handgun is defined as having both ; a barrel less than 16 inches, and an OAL of less than 26 inches.
If greater than 26 inches, and not drosed as a long gun or handgun ( as in made from an 80%), it is a "firearm". A firearm is not covered in California AW laws, the AW laws only apply to "long guns" , "shotguns", and "handguns".

Is this correct?
Under Federal laws/regulations...
Overall length is also used to determine what type of firearm it is... "handgun", "long gun", "other", AOW, SBR, or SBS.

Under CA laws...

There is no overall length requirement to determine if a firearm is a "handgun" or a "long gun", it is dependent upon barrel length.

A firearm with a less than 16" barrel length is a "handgun". [PC 16530(a)]

A firearm that is not defined as a "handgun" or a "machine gun" is a "long gun". [PC 16865]

Penal Code 16530
(a) As used in this part, the terms “firearm capable of being concealed upon the person,” “pistol,” and “revolver” apply to and include any device designed to be used as a weapon, from which is expelled a projectile by the force of any explosion, or other form of combustion, and that has a barrel less than 16 inches in length. These terms also include any device that has a barrel 16 inches or more in length which is designed to be interchanged with a barrel less than 16 inches in length.
(b) Nothing shall prevent a device defined as a “firearm capable of being concealed upon the person,” “pistol,” or “revolver” from also being found to be a short-barreled rifle or a short-barreled shotgun.

Penal Code 16865
As used in Section 26860, “long gun” means any firearm that is not a handgun or a machinegun.

Last edited by Quiet; 12-03-2016 at 5:43 AM..
Old 12-02-2016, 11:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

^^Thank you.
Old 12-03-2016, 8:52 AM

As long as the pistol has a break open action and engrave with all the require information, it doesn't need to be register as a RAW, right?
Old 12-03-2016, 6:49 PM

Quote:

Yes, I'm glad someone found this so I didn't have to. The penal code is using "permitted" to mean "allowed" not "something you need a permit for". BLM has stated CA AW can be used on their land; that is all that is required for them to be used there legally under CA law.
Old 12-03-2016, 8:02 PM

Mass hysteria over the AR pistol thing in the run up to new years.

Do we have anything yet on if registering means a mag lock or bullet button doesn't need to be used anymore since it would join the AWs of 94 of 2004 or did they create a second lesser tear of assault weaponness that are tamed with bullet buttons?

If registered then we shouldn't have to pin our compensators either right?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2016, 8:10 PM

^ dont know yet
Old 12-04-2016, 7:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The definitions for assault weapons have been established, but making it he obvious might not be the case with this state's AG/DOJ. They all just want us to smoke weed and be passified.
Just beware of the thorns...
K. Meine
Old 12-04-2016, 7:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROKS View Post
The definitions for assault weapons have been established, but making it he obvious might not be the case with this state's AG/DOJ. They all just want us to smoke weed and be passified.
Are you stating that we can remove the bullet button?
Old 12-04-2016, 9:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm not saying it, but the current definition of an assault weapon is stated on the CA DOJ website. They can't fault us for following their definition.
Just beware of the thorns...
K. Meine
Old 12-04-2016, 9:35 AM

Yeah I'd screen shot the **** out of that print it on letterhead and keep it tucked into the foam sleave on your buffer tube.

The entire possibility of ditching the bullet button turns an AR pistol from a novel idea to throw money at, into a highly designed home defense rig, especially in a pistol caliber to mitigate over penetration and muzzle blast.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2016, 9:48 AM

Quote:

Nice
Old 12-05-2016, 9:51 AM
Veteran Member

Anyone have a link to instruction on getting a AR pistol to become an AOW? Would be nice to avoid CA SBR issues when using a Sig Brace.

And if one registers the AR pistol as an assault weapon next year, would there be any issues it being an AOW and Assault Weapon at the same time? Which should be registered first?
Old 12-05-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDShawn View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but the post by Quiet is the first and only time I have seen a mention about not being able to use a pre-assembled upper and be in compliance, in my many hours of searching this subject. Maybe I'm not getting the search terms correct. I get the rest of it, but seems like that would also mean that a person couldn't put together a firearm with used parts they had lying around(extras, takeoffs, etc) on a new lower. Just seems counterintuitive since the lower is the part actually considered a firearm, and the only part that is regulated. I also get the extra precaution by building your own upper. Just would like to get my facts straight from people with more experience on this before I jump into it and end up with a gun I can't even use for risk of a felony, as well as find out that the upper I have is a waste. I don't want to build it and have to leave it at home. Not trying to stir ****.
You cannot use a preassembled upper as it has likely been placed on a semi auto receiver and test fired for function. As such, the upper assembly is already semiautomatic and cannot be a dimensionally-compliant single shot.
FFL 03 + COE
Old 12-05-2016, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by target_shot View Post
You cannot use a preassembled upper as it has likely been placed on a semi auto receiver and test fired for function. As such, the upper assembly is already semiautomatic and cannot be a dimensionally-compliant single shot.
So to be safe its better to buy the parts separately to assemble your pistol upper. I've seen sites with preassembled uppers with a disclaimer "this upper has been fired to test functionality" How do we know for certain it wasn't fired on a pistol lower?

http://daytonatactical.com/collectio...harging-handle

Reading previous posts we could get our own serial # engraved prior to July 2017. So does that mean we still have until Jan 2018 to assemble our AR pistol as Single Shot, and then DROs it as such?
Old 12-05-2016, 10:22 PM

Tag
Old 12-05-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooYah556 View Post
So to be safe its better to buy the parts separately to assemble your pistol upper. I've seen sites with preassembled uppers with a disclaimer "this upper has been fired to test functionality" How do we know for certain it wasn't fired on a pistol lower?

Reading previous posts we could get our own serial # engraved prior to July 2017. So does that mean we still have until Jan 2018 to assemble our AR pistol as Single Shot, and then DROs it as such?
Does "verify cycling" instantly mean it's semi auto or would that just apply to firing and ejecting the brass?
Old 12-06-2016, 4:01 PM

Quote:

It doesn't mater if it was on a pistol lower or SBR lower, what matters is that it was semi-auto. Nothing on the gun can be semi-auto when building as a dimensionally-compliant single shot pistol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtWo View Post
Does "verify cycling" instantly mean it's semi auto or would that just apply to firing and ejecting the brass?

If it has built into a functional semi-auto configuration, and was designed to operate as such, I would not feel comfortable calling it anything other than semi-auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FFL 03 + COE
Old 12-06-2016, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by target_shot View Post
It doesn't mater if it was on a pistol lower or SBR lower, what matters is that it was semi-auto. Nothing on the gun can be semi-auto when building as a dimensionally-compliant single shot pistol.

If it has built into a functional semi-auto configuration, and was designed to operate as such, I would not feel comfortable calling it anything other than semi-auto.

So it would be ideal to buy a complete upper without gas system included. Which is not likely.

So better to buy the parts and build a single shot upper.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2016, 4:08 PM

Quote:
So it would be ideal to buy a complete upper without gas system included. Which is not likely.

So better to buy the parts and build a single shot upper.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes and yes.

If you want to build a bolt-action pistol (which they do make), buy the upper you want because you will not convert it. Or buy it, and change the majority of parts to be a semi.

The easiest and most cost effective is to buy all the parts separately.

FFL 03 + COE
Old 12-06-2016, 4:08 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymouse1 View Post
I'm trying to imagine a featureless ar pistol. Don't think it's possible. But u can build anyways cause not sure the laws take place until next year. Build away!!! But must be drosd as a handgun. If it's a rifle dros ull have a sbr.
Can you support your opinion by citing any PC or even case law? I doubt it. No one has been able to definitively prove that the California Dealer Record of Sales program can magically make a virgin receiver into something it does not fit CA's legal definition of. While your opinion is the common opinion and the safe opinion, it doesn't make it the law. In fact, I know of a few people who have vol reged AR pistols which were assembled on stripped receivers DROSed as long gun and the DOJ has accepted their vol reg.

Also, there is no way to make an AR pistol "featureless" since, the magwell outside of the PG is a feature in and of itself. Fixed mag builds will be the legal way to do it next year.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Closed Thread