Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 12-03-2016, 1:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykeback View Post
That's the serialized thru the ffl ones. How are they monitoring or controlling the ones that will be milled from 80 Percenter's and single shot break actioned on their way to pistol territory before they need registration and serials next year?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Just to note, "complying" the way you mention is not following the law. If you don't want to follow the law, none of what has been passed actually will impact what you can do. I have zero doubt that this law will be ignored through either ignorance or will, but if you want to legally get a usable AR/AK/Scorpion/Magoutsidethemagwell pistol, you have 8 days.

These laws are designed to oppress free and good people. While I don't plan to not follow the law, I don't begrudge anyone who sees it differently.

For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWalkerM View Post
eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.
Old 12-03-2016, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by customiiguy View Post
Have you noticed every other thread is ar/ak pistols for sale in the handgun mp . These guys are asking average $1500 for something thats gonna be worth $0 in resale value lol. Looks like no one is biting either.

At what price would you guys bite?
I didn't realize that the main reason people bought guns were for resale value. I just sold mine for $2100. It was a special order PWS MK107 chambered in 7.62x39. Once the ATF changed their initial ruling the gun had no more appeal for me. If you think about it after 1/1/2017 all AR/AK will have zero resale value in CA.
Old 12-03-2016, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Browning View Post
Just to note, "complying" the way you mention is not following the law. If you don't want to follow the law, none of what has been passed actually will impact what you can do. I have zero doubt that this law will be ignored through either ignorance or will, but if you want to legally get a usable AR/AK/Scorpion/Magoutsidethemagwell pistol, you have 8 days.

These laws are designed to oppress free and good people. While I don't plan to not follow the law, I don't begrudge anyone who sees it differently.
It was a general question. I wasn't implying that was my intention. But 80% creation has been a legal way to an AR pistol for quite a while. Are you implying its not legal? Only reason i ever SSEd pistols and built my AR from scratch was to stick it to California and their moronic legislation.

Old 12-03-2016, 3:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykeback View Post
It was a general question. I wasn't implying that was my intention. But 80% creation has been a legal way to an AR pistol for quite a while. Are you implying its not legal? Only reason i ever SSEd pistols and built my AR from scratch was to stick it to California and their moronic legislation.

There are a lot of people who point out that if you do an 80% next year or build a lower next year, the DOJ won't know when it was built unless you tell them. That seemed to be the gist of your post.

It's not legal to build up a BB AW after Jan 1 and then register it. However, the DOJ has done the world's worst job informing people of this law and I have zero doubt that will happen quite a bit for years to come out of sheer ignorance alone.

For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWalkerM View Post
eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.
Old 12-03-2016, 5:48 PM

OP, why you got to bring mamas in on this?
Old 12-04-2016, 9:40 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I built mine in order to not register it. Jerry Brown has changed that plan. As much as I don't want to register it I really don't want to be a felon looking at 2 years in the pen for it.
Old 12-05-2016, 9:37 AM
Veteran Member

As far as the overall market is concerned, I was just turned away from doing a PPT at OC Armory. Counterguy said he was "out of space". I told him it was just a lower and he said he was "out of space" on his insurance. Too many guns in the store to be covered. Had to do it at On Target.

We picked OC Armory because there have been guys waiting 5+ hours at Riflegear. Prices ain't going down.
Old 12-17-2016, 6:51 AM

Quote:
I really think these sellers need to drop the price or else they will be stuck with them. Its a buyers market right now
I am inclined to believe that it is a buyer's market as well. There simply aren't that many new gun owners in CA this year, or current gun owners who don't own EBR/AR type guns. I had an AR for sale here a while ago at a very reasonable price, only got lowballers and tirekickers despite the impending deadline.

I've been seeing plenty of unsold guns sitting at asking prices.

Now there may be a few desperate pokes who will take the plunge, but by and large they're the exception. This "panic" is nothing like the Obama election/Sandy Hook - the demand simply isn't anything close to that.

Now sure, sellers have the right to ask for whatever they want, but hey, the buyers aren't to blame if they end up getting stuck with something they can't sell.
Old 12-17-2016, 7:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The speculators are the ones who will be panicking, the ones who bought guns with the sole intention of profiting.

By now, buyers for high end guns, who themselves tend to have more knowledge of the situation, have already purchased theirs. In the next few days, only newbies who just got wind of the deadline, and few procrastinators, are still in the market. These tend to go for the low end of the market.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 12-17-2016, 7:31 AM
Veteran Member

Had a couple of AK pistols, didn't care too much for them. To each his own, and as far as the gouging TFB for those who waited till the last minute. TFB!
Just like at work I've been telling some of my co-workers/ BIL/ his brothers for months about the BS coming up. They know I have 4 "extra" lowers, only going to sell one, to my buddy at work.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:12 PM

Just sold my extra AR and AK pistols this morning for my asking price to two buyers. They only lasted a day. One guy offered me more so he could buy both but I declined.
My prices weren't outrageous like others I've seen, but they were up there. I didn't care if they sold or not.
Old 12-17-2016, 6:02 PM
Veteran Member

Buyers can do all they want.. for AK / AR pistols. they should have bought theirs years ago, as they procrastinate.. the prices just increases and yes people are paying the asking prices on some guns. no matter how you look at it, you only have a few more days left before next year when the words "shoulda, Coulda, Woulda" comes up. Also, please be advise some shops will not do PPT on AK / AR pistols (no matter what you think is the Law and what is not.. they have the choice to serve or not.. and a lot of time, selling their guns trumps PPTs.. they have a business to run and a Firearms License to protect, they aren't going to risk their license on an AK/AR pistol PPT if it doesn't feel right)... and yes the average wait time is 2-3 hours, so call first and ask if they will do the PPT for these pistols.. I'm out of the game for a while as I sold what I want and keep what I want.. Good Luck Guys.. Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Bongos; 12-17-2016 at 6:06 PM..
Old 12-18-2016, 7:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
So, just to play Devil's Advocate, what you're saying is that I should be able to buy a Colt Python for less than it sold for new, right?
Sure. If there is no demand for a Python.

We're talking about what are relatively very cheap mass market guns not a discontinued somewhat limited production gun.
As for asking too much, who cares. It's only going to sell if buyer and seller agree on price. Otherwise the seller is going to have to keep it , wait for a buyer that's willing to pay the asking price or accept a price a buyer is willing to pay.
The higher the price the smaller your buying market.
Old 12-18-2016, 4:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post
wouldnt an AR pistol blow out a person's ear drums if they had to fire it without hearing protection?
LOL,

yes, they bleed and you fall over dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.
Old 12-18-2016, 5:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy's View Post
Never understood the concept. Full retard!
Don't feel bad. Many retards come to understand. Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.
Old 12-19-2016, 7:37 AM

Quote:
Have you noticed every other thread is ar/ak pistols for sale in the handgun mp . These guys are asking average $1500 for something thats gonna be worth $0 in resale value lol. Looks like no one is biting either.

At what price would you guys bite?
Saw a Colt for 1,999 !!
Old 12-19-2016, 7:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmas View Post
Saw a Colt for 1,999 !!
idiots listing POSs for 3.5k
Old 12-19-2016, 9:44 AM

Yep, prices have definitely gone down for AR pistols.

I've seen factory Phase5 pistol BNIB for $1K.

Nothing below $1K yet though, with only 2 days left, and that's providing you can find an FFL and they are open on the 31st.
Old 12-19-2016, 9:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Still worth market value out of state next year.

As for buyers here.. 2 days left. Want to play? gotta pay (and WAIT!). You had ALL YEAR to buy. Waiting til now and whining about last minute price jacking gets no sympathy from me.

-Dave