Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-19-2014, 3:00 PM
Veteran Member

Default RE: Repeal of Missouri's Background Check Law Associated with Increase in State's Mur

I already got into this with an anti-gunner on FB who was hailing this new study to support Universal Background Checks. The study is conducted by Bloomberg (as in Michael) School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins, which was funded by the Joyce Foundation for $222,000. The study is not yet released but with these sources it makes the conclusions less than bias. Sources of info are in the links.

http://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-relea...s-murders.html
http://www.joycefdn.org/programs/gun...tion-grantees/

OIF 07-09 Veteran
NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member
Old 02-19-2014, 3:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Lying liars?

If these bought and paid for swine said the sky was blue, I would stick my head out the window and check.
Old 02-19-2014, 3:58 PM

They are already trumpeting their study results without actually releasing the study data. Nice trick; make the headlines before the study can be refuted.
Old 02-19-2014, 7:20 PM

^It worked for climate change. A press release would be issued about a new study proving man made climate change before the study was published by the journal. They realized that the journalists never read the actual studies but just parrot the talking points in the press release. So why wait until the study is published, just give the talking points to the media.
“People who follow the rules can protect themselves and their families from people who don’t follow the rules. The Second Amendment should never be an afterthought. It should reside at the forefronts of our minds.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:14 PM

Wasn't one of their quoted reasons for granting $$ to specifically restrict and reduce firearm ownership at one point? Someone find me a link...
Your views on any given subject are the sum of the media that you take in, scaled to the weight of the credibility of the source that provides it, seen through a lens of your own values, goals, and achievements.

You Are All Ambassadors, Whether You Like It Or Not

Pain is the hardest lesson to forget; Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity.

Bureaucracy is the epoxy that lubricates the gears of progress.